Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,774 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World (19871 Views)

1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp / The Best Smartphones In The World "RANKED" / 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Wittylens(m): 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
According to data Gathered by eMarkter , the world will have 2.8billion internet users by the end of 2014 and it will experience more growth over the next 5years. The growth is projected to reach 3.62billion Internet users by the end of 2018.

China has the highest internet penetration with over 643.6million users , Followed by US and India with 252.9% and 215.6Million internet users respectively. Meanwhile Nigeria is the highest ranked African country (#10 on the list) , with 57.7million internet users. Surprisingly , Nigeria have more internet users than advanced Countries like UK And France ;  ranked 11th and 12th respectively. Nigeria is also the highest country with internet penetration in Africa. Nigeria's internet Growth is expected to reach a whooping 84.3million users by the end of 2018.

Egypt is the second highest ranked African country on the global list (ranked 17th) with 36million users while South Africa is ranked 25th with 25million internet users

This impressive growth has been driven by increasing mobile penetration which has afforded more people access to the internet

Source ; http://androidnigeria.com.ng/internet-penetration-nigeria-ranked-1-africa-10-world/

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
Let them keep deceiving gullible people with below $2/day bul1shlt statistics. Naija is way too exposed and smart. Just that our literacy level and human capital potential is intimidating some countries.

grin grin grin grin

49 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Collinz2(m): 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
Nigeria deserve it, we really use the net and we are ready to spend on it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Chimarto: 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
Incredible

1 Like

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by drey08(m): 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2014
Thanks to GLO bis 1k

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Wittylens(m): 6:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
drey08:
Thanks to GLO bis 1k

LOL.. does that thing still work? wanna give it a try tomorrow. 've gotten Glo sim and recharged 1k ..I'm currently looking for BB phone to subscribe with

4 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Collinz2(m): 6:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
drey08:
Thanks to GLO bis 1k
glo or etisalat payg

4 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Dekatron(m): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
upon say mtn dey suffer us,we still dey browse. . .upon slow and frustrating network,we still dey relevant. . . as an individual,i use 20MB for 2days n my symbian. . chineke ka mezio gwu o(aint igbo). .

#GOODLUCKISWORKING
#GMB2015

5 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Samsantos9: 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
Cool...

1 Like

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Wittylens(m): 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
Dekatron:
upon say mtn dey suffer us,we still dey browse. . .upon slow and frustrating network,we still dey relevant. . . as an individual,i use 20MB for 2days n my symbian. . chineke ka mezio gwu o(aint igbo). .

#GOODLUCKISWORKING
#GMB2015

What has GMB got to do with this?

Does that illiterate even know how to use the internet?

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by agarawu23(m): 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
yahoo boiz on point

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ok so we are higher than France and UK in internet usage what's the good thing there if we are still wallowing in economic and financial setback or is it the internet that our grandma's in the village will eat undecided,lets be pragmatic for once sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by valboy20(m): 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
NONSENSE!!!!!!

Isn't this population size dependent?

25 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Dekatron(m): 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
Wittylens:

What has GMB got to do with this?

Does that illiterate even know how to use the internet?
bro,twas jst for fun o. . i dnt support GEJ or GMB. . .SO?
the man self is a green snake

20 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by holatin(m): 7:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
I don't expect something different.
Even Nigeria cockroach and wall gecko use internet.

1 Like

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Wittylens(m): 7:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
valboy20:
NONSENSE!!!!!!

Isn't this population size dependent?

yes , that's why China is #1.. Nearly half of Chinese citizens use the internet

2 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by vandalZA(m): 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
Wittylens:
According to data Gathered by eMarkter , the world will have 2.8billion internet users by the end of 2014 and it will experience more growth over the next 5years. The growth is projected to reach 3.62billion Internet users by the end of 2018.

China has the highest internet penetration with over 643.6million users , Followed by US and India with 252.9% and 215.6Million internet users respectively. Meanwhile Nigeria is the highest ranked African country (#10 on the list) , with 57.7million internet users. Surprisingly , Nigeria have more internet users than advanced Countries like UK And France ;  ranked 11th and 12th respectively. Nigeria is also the highest country with internet penetration in Africa. Nigeria's internet Growth is expected to reach a whooping 84.3million users by the end of 2018.

Egypt is the second highest ranked African country on the global list (ranked 17th) with 36million users while South Africa is ranked 25th with 25million internet users

This impressive growth has been driven by increasing mobile penetration which has afforded more people access to the internet

Source ; http://androidnigeria.com.ng/internet-penetration-nigeria-ranked-1-africa-10-world/
but if we can change this in to percentage south Africa could be number one........Nigeria 57.7million people on internet over 170million population and south Africa with 25million users on internet over 47million population..........if you know the percentage you could see the difference

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Wittylens(m): 7:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
But Somehow , Nigeria ought to be higher than that . considering the fact that Android phones are now cheap (Thanks to Tecno And Infinix)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Tolexander: 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
Japhet04:
Ok so we are higher than France and UK in internet usage what's the good thing there if we are still wallowing in economic and financial setback or is it the internet that our grandma's in the village will eat undecided,lets be pragmatic for once sad
nothing so special with Nigeria having more internet users than France and Britain of course we've got the more numerical advantage in population.

Nigeria has close to 3times the size of the two countries.

4 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Wittylens(m): 7:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
vandalZA:
but if we can change this in to percentage south Africa could be number one........Nigeria 57.7million people on internet over 170million population and south Africa with 25million users on internet over 47million population..........if you know the percentage you could see the difference

Yea, You're right on that

2 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
Tolexander:
nothing so special with Nigeria having more internet users than France and Britain of course we've got the more numerical advantage in population.

Nigeria has close to 3times the size of the two countries.
that's the entire truth,nice observer,thanks smiley
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
This happens as a result of unemployment in the midst of job vacancies, statistic has it that an average unemployed youths in Nigeria spends 45MB daily, jumping from one job site to another and from one company website to another submitting C.V.
I fell in that category and many others are with me, if you doubt it then enter Job section on Nairaland and view for yourself, not to talk about the fraustrated ones that have turned to custom officers over night scamming people like MTN...every where you go

i tentatively believe that We have every reasons to rank #1

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Hostermipo(m): 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
vandalZA:
exactly what I was going to write, but your own comment is to brag because you are a south African but I was going to post the same because it is the fact, besides i have nothing to gain in Nigeria toping the list and nothing to loose if not, the question is, what is you and I doing with the internet, acquiring more knowledge or wasting time?

#WiseUpAfrica.WeAreOne

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by ericiland: 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
Those who skul in France wh position una dy

3 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Chuukwudi(m): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
Interesting development!
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Raymondfayowole(m): 8:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
Kk
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by hensben(m): 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
na wao....
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by ireneony(f): 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
I believe it o. Someone like me eat and dine on internet cool

3 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
Its people like me that celebrate the falling prices of Oil.
I still feel Agriculture and Computer Industry are more lucrative than the Oil industry.
Well speaking for the Computer Industry, Nigeria reaching 57 million internet users is a stepping stone into what we will see in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by olayincar(m): 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
grin

Glory be to God

2 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by ichidodo: 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
In GEJ's voice " A pointer in having one of the largest economy in the world nay Africa"...#GEJ4EVER..

3 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by DollyParton1(f): 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
Most people use like 6 techno phones and buy like 100naira worth of data on each for each month.
All join noni. Internet users association of naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million / Etisalat Sues MTN Over Visafone Acquisition / How To Block Incoming Call Without Notifying The Caller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.