Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

5 Ways People Live Fake Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Ways People Live Fake Life (4534 Views)

5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students / Difference Between Fake Life And Packaging / Countries where The World’s Happiest People Live? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways People Live Fake Life by AMZYMAYO(m): 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
Fake life is a kind of life you are not accustomed to living, probably to impress the opposite sex, to get a favor, or other reasons which to me are trivial.

There are different ways people showcase a person that is out rightly different from their inner being. They are:

1. Looks
The popular saying of guys in Nigeria is: 'if you want to know a pretty lady or guy, just burst her/him first thing in the morning." This is not false at all. The way ladies, especially, can change like chameleon en! You sef go fear fear. Am not saying you shouldn't use make-up; but, sister, try to make it moderate; don't look like a masquerade, or fool him to believing you are a kind of Cinderella. If he hates what he sees, or she hates what she sees, let him/her use the nearest exit, abeg!

2. Dress
Must you put on a Prada, Addidas, Nike cloth to appeal to opposite sex? Why not, if you can afford it. The most annoying thing is putting on cloths you can't afford. Some, even, go to the extent of borrowing money to buy designers, just to impress. Honestly you don't need that. If it is okrika you can afford, go ahead and purchase. Believe me, it's just for a short time; things will get better. And you will be able to put on things better than designer sef.

3. Talk
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! As in, you know, ouch instead of our popular yea! Talking at a pace faster than your brain can process, etc. There is one thing I want you to know: we are different from each other. The way I reason and talk will be different from the way you do your talking. If you know you can't speak with british or american accent, use our own Nigeria accent, please. Another thing, you don't need to rush words. If you can speak at the rate of 30 words per minutes, then go ahead. Rather than talk incoherently, why not choose your pace!

4. Reading
I purposely put this one. During my undergraduate days, I have friends that go to the extent of reading in the midnight. Guess what? They end up failing repeatedly. I asked one his motivation for copying people going to night classes. He said, "I can't stand seeing my mates go to class at night, it makes me feel lazy." Is this true? He got his answers when he adjusted to reading for just 3 hours during the day. You know what? He made a semester GP of 4.59 that semester. Why not copy what suites you dear. Following what the masses do doesn't make it the right thing. Just find what suites your lifestyle.

5. Walking
Must you cat walk? Or dog walk? My dear, if you can't walk like the above mentioned, then invent your own walking style. Afterall, it is not angels that walk that way. Rather than catwalk and fall, why not frog walk and stay. Rather than look for lesson teacher to teach you how to catwalk, channel your lesson to something productive. Guess what? People will fight to imitate you, shit the way you shit, eat the way you eat, and so on, when you make it in this life.

Don't get me wrong. Some professions require you to be perfect at doing these things I mentioned. Like, if you want to go into modeling, you need to learn catwalk. Abi I lie? But, if you are not into any, live your life the way channel it to be. Have a soliloquy when you are alone. Think of making it, rather than imitating. Am not an exemption to living some of them to when a cute sister, you know, is around the corner. I pray God help us.

*as usual, please drop yours*

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by IKJ66(m): 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
Exactly my bro ,,,,,,,,,,
Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by AMZYMAYO(m): 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
IKJ66:
Exactly my bro ,,,,,,,,,,
Na so oo.
Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by Haywhymido(m): 12:16am On Dec 24, 2014
I live my life to please me n nobody else.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by Nastydroid(m): 1:25am On Dec 24, 2014
Am different angry
Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by bhaliz44(m): 6:17am On Dec 24, 2014
Space booked >
Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by bhaliz44(m): 6:18am On Dec 24, 2014
Space booked angry
Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by AMZYMAYO(m): 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
Haywhymido:
I live my life to please me n nobody else.
Are you sure?
Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by Haywhymido(m): 4:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
AMZYMAYO:

Are you sure?
yea, bro n u? Do u live ur life 4 people or 4 urself?
Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by AMZYMAYO(m): 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
Haywhymido:
yea, bro n u? Do u live ur life 4 people or 4 urself?
Bro, I live my life as I want. But, sometimes, I still find myself trying to imitate some other people, especially actors.
Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by Haywhymido(m): 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2014
AMZYMAYO:

Bro, I live my life as I want. But, sometimes, I still find myself trying to imitate some other people, especially actors.
nt bad
Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by AMZYMAYO(m): 12:57am On Dec 25, 2014
Haywhymido:
nt bad
Wise one Bro.
Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by mrpackager(m): 6:21am On Dec 25, 2014

Re: 5 Ways People Live Fake Life by AMZYMAYO(m): 11:05am On Dec 25, 2014
mrpackager:

Booking not allowed, please forward your xmas chicken to my place. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Release Withheld Result,no Bio Verification And No Result Yet! / YABATECH Releases 2013/2014 Cut-off Marks / Jamb Scholarship 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.