Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday (32192 Views)

Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season / 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by 0700Jesse(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
Really? You mean you won't even visit the orphans & under-privileged?? Shouldnt they be among the first in the list?
Put yourself in their shoes, won't you feel bad if you get forgotten even as you forgot them??
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by gunuvi(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
lalasticlala:
BY DANIJI EMMANUEL
Vacation is a special bonding time for most families, the connections and memories formed during such family adventure make for stories that will last for generations. Children who are still in their formative years learn a lot from visiting new environment and interacting with people from different backgrounds. Some have even discovered their talent by chance while on vacation.

Are you in Lagos and not willing to travel this year for your family vacation? Then, check below for some cool spot within the City of Excellence where you can relax with your family and have fun this Yuletide.

1. Ikeja Shopping Mall
Ikeja City Mall is a shopping and entertainment resort. It is strategically located in the centre of Ikeja and it features a range of entertainment options for families including cinema and kiddies zone. There are many restaurants located in the shopping mall, and they serve the best food from several cuisines including African foods.

2.The Palms Shopping Mall
Palms Shopping Mall is family-preferred entertainment and shopping mall. The mall features several exciting activities, cinema, shopping stores and restaurants.

3. Lekki Leisure Lake
Lekki Leisure is a lake side resort overlooking the Atlantic in the Lekki peninsula area. The resort is operated and managed by Optima Leisure, a leisure asset development and operating compny.
Catch a view of the Atlantic, feel the excitement.

4. Funtopia Water Park
Funtopia is a children’s world. Funtopia Water Park is located in Ibeju-Lekki and it brings adults and children together into its exciting world where fantasy is supreme. There are fun sections for kids below the age of three; parents can also have fun with their children when they play, swim and enjoy several water sports.

5. Nike Art Gallery
Nike Art Gallery is wonderful place to visit with your children, you never know if one might discover his latent talent. Located in Lagos, it has a lot of artworks on display which includes beadwork, painting, drumming, singing and dancing, stone works and carvings, traditional loom weaving, indigo dyeing, embroidery etc. Visit: Nike Art Gallery

6.Tarkwa Bay
Tarkwa Bay located along the harbour of Lagos is a sheltered beach that can be accessed by boat from either Maroko or under Falomo Bridge on Victoria Island. It offers safe swimming conditions for small children and other recreational water sports.

7.Terra Kulture
Terra Kulture is a place for recreation for the whole family while educating your kids on African culture. Crafts and arts of different Nigerian ethnic groups are on display. Terra Kulture which is located in Lagos state has library with rich information on Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

8. Lekki Beach [Maiyegun Beach]
Maiyegun beach is situated in Oti Osa Local Government Area of Lagos State. It is well known for hosting the famous Lekki Sunsplash Musical Concert. The beach is a great vacation destination, where you can enjoy the sun and have a picnic with your family while gazing at the beautiful water views.

9. Lekki Conservation Center
Lekki Conservation Centre is a reserve for wildlife in Lagos. The natural habitats of this centre has preserved making it a vacation spot for nature lovers from around the world. It is located situated in Eti Osa Local Government Area of Lagos, on Lekki Peninsula.

10. Eleko Beach
Eleko Beach is a beautiful, serene and tranquil public beach along the peninsula. It is one of the best beaches for family hangout in Lagos. There are nice beach huts and food joints along the seashore. Eleko beach is lauded for its beautiful landscape, sun-dappled water and sands. The beach is family-friendly.

http://citypeoplegroup.org/i/top-10-places-to-visit-in-lagos-this-holiday/
Op you must be very new in Lagos and it seems you are out to create a negative point. So only island is the place to be in Lagos. Little wonder why folks like you believe Fashola is a god because you people never visit other parts of the states. Well you can never enjoy Lagos without also visiting historical town of Badagry. I don't need to highlights the sites that you will be forever grateful you visited.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by ruffDiamond: 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hmmm una sabi waste money sha
BTW my ibadan babe still thinks KFC na football club so me i dey free small . . . Mama bashira joint here we come !

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by boneruns(m): 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
Festival of light, Bat Beach/Eko Atlantic, VI
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by stillchris: 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
can someone who has been to lekki conservation center enlighten me about the place.

do you pay to enter? how much?
do they have places you can sit with your babe and hangout or makeout?
please o.i want to give her a nice treat because she loves nature. and at the same time enjoy the whole day loving up.
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
' @preety diiva wer u up to on christmas day
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by romzyxy(m): 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
weh is elegushi beach is it not qmong the places?♥♥♥♥♥♥
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by Pamcrest(f): 6:49pm On Dec 24, 2014
Op what about shows, concerts etc for adults esp?
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by amokemi(m): 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2014
stillchris:
can someone who has been to lekki conservation center enlighten me about the place.

do you pay to enter? how much?
do they have places you can sit with your babe and hangout or makeout?
please o.i want to give her a nice treat because she loves nature. and at the same time enjoy the whole day loving up.

Yes I have been there. I was there early this month. It's a cool place where you experience flora and fauna in its natural state. They have a place that is good for picnic in the park. You might not get a place to make out as you cannot stray from the walkway. The only place in the park where you can 'make out' is the picnic place and probably the crocodile viewing post. But the place is a very wonderful place to visit. Gate fee is N1000 per head for adults but please go with your drinks and food.
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by komek(m): 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
I have always known that Lagos does not have good places to relax during the Christmas season. This is the reason I don't like missing going to my Delta where u can eat bush meat, drink fresh Palmwine, interact with old folks, hang out with secondary school friends, chill with some local and cheap babes, most especially stay together with my sibblings and gossip, its always fun. But this madman I am doing business with has refused to pay me. So Lagos, I just have to stay in this lonely and deserted u. God help me not to commit suicide before the year.
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by ceejay80s(m): 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
I see shoppin mall for number 1. But I no see shoprite, I no see amusement park or naija zoo
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by Fash20: 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
Fowl don suffer tomorrow.
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by yuio22: 7:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
grin
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by JayJustus(m): 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
FrancisTony:
Alpha and Oniru beach nkor? angry

By the way, i'm planning to visit shoprite Ikeja with my Kunmi and Dammy. grin tongue

it is not shoprite Jesus!!! it is facking Ikeja City Mall...shop rite is only a chain store inside the mall...Nigerian mistake already in Wikipedia...SHAME
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by JayJustus(m): 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
ceejay80s:
I see shoppin mall for number 1. But I no see shoprite, I no see amusement park or naija zoo

shoprite is only a store inside the malls...What the hell is wrong with you guys?? how many of you do I have to correct?? Shoprite is just one store and not a tourist site or shyte
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by Orikinla(m): 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
Freedom Park on Lagos Island for foods, drinks and movies.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by chiogoezubem(f): 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2014
englishmart:
I'm okay with Chelsea hotel Abuja...

How come Abuja has hotels with names like Chelsea, Bacelona, Arsenal, and I'm guessing, other football club names, If I'm not wrong?! Nice hotels though.
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by teeghurl(f): 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
komek:
I have always known that Lagos does not have good places to relax during the Christmas season. This is the reason I don't like missing going to my Delta where u can eat bush meat, drink fresh Palmwine, interact with old folks, hang out with secondary school friends, chill with some local and cheap babes, most especially stay together with my sibblings and gossip, its always fun. But this madman I am doing business with has refused to pay me. So Lagos, I just have to stay in this lonely and deserted u. God help me not to commit suicide before the year.
ahahahah, sorry brov
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by komek(m): 8:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
teeghurl:
ahahahah, sorry brov

It is not a small something o.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by abdulazee1(m): 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
U can visit National Theatre Iganmu Surulere
Lots of fun, like stage play, Film show and alots of Side attraction
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
lalasticlala:
BY DANIJI EMMANUEL

Thank God dem never pay salary sef...with all dse mouthwatering places and me being lucky to have a break from my boring hectic job...woulda been tempted to show my

"Aboki-side"
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by oduastates: 9:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
Whispering palms badagry

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by tojos(m): 10:55pm On Dec 24, 2014
romzyxy:
weh is elegushi beach is it not qmong the places?♥♥♥♥♥♥

angry Elegushi my foot angry That useless place that always charges 1k per head including infants & children. The most annoying part is the traffic hold-up that always occur there. I had an unpleasant experience there last year when I met this gridlock that extends all the way to lekki roundabout angry After waiting for about 2hrs, I had to make a u-turn & I swore never to visit such place again. For me, Ikeja Mall is the place anytime, anyday.
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by Cooljoe1(m): 12:01am On Dec 25, 2014
gunuvi:

Op you must be very new in Lagos and it seems you are out to create a negative point. So only island is the place to be in Lagos. Little wonder why folks like you believe Fashola is a god because you people never visit other parts of the states. Well you can never enjoy Lagos without also visiting historical town of Badagry. I don't need to highlights the sites that you will be forever grateful you visited.
yesssss! Bdg all dway.......ar u staying in bdg
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by Bsmartt(m): 12:08am On Dec 25, 2014
Wilspering palms, Badagry Freedom park Lagos island and Eko Atlantic. these places are very awesome. Season greetings.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by bacco2000(m): 3:23am On Dec 25, 2014
Iya nuru palmy joint for quarry road go make sense with lots of gyration things
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by gunuvi(m): 7:03am On Dec 25, 2014
Cooljoe1:

yesssss! Bdg all dway.......ar u staying in bdg
Yeah, that's my root that's why I am Gunuvi (omo Egun original).
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by romzyxy(m): 7:18am On Dec 25, 2014
tojos:

angry Elegushi my foot angry That useless place that always charges 1k per head including infants & children. The most annoying part is the traffic hold-up that always occur there. I had an unpleasant experience there last year when I met this gridlock that extends all the way to lekki roundabout angry After waiting for about 2hrs, I had to make a u-turn & I swore never to visit such place again. For me, Ikeja Mall is the place anytime, anyday.

if it is abot d money and d gridlock that's not a problem as long as I ll v my fun.
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by Cooljoe1(m): 7:40am On Dec 25, 2014
gunuvi:

Yeah, that's my root that's why I am Gunuvi (omo Egun original).
mmmmmmm.....which part of bdg ar u now?
Re: Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday by litaninja(m): 8:39am On Dec 25, 2014
A shopping mall as a top place to visit? Really

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Amazing Aerial View Of Kano State, Nigeria / Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Work Starts On Lagos Roads - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.