Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off (13753 Views)

Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Takes Off / Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? / Lagos Light Rail System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by omokidew: 8:21am On Dec 24, 2014
21st century things on my mind. Not this renovated junk

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:15am On Dec 24, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

My friend, those trains were simply just repainted & some minor repairs done so as 2 be used 4 2015 campaign as usual, simply put, Jona iz a bigtime FRAUD!

Were you the person they gave contract for the repainting? Why didn't past governments repaint the trains with minor repairs for us to see and use? What stops state governors with similar projects(amechi, fashola etc) from painting there's too or are their parties not campaigning? Don't you think we should thank GEJ for being smart enough to pull through that repainting and minor repairs which others failed to do?? Don't you think we can personally save some cash and inconvenience within the time the train will be functional since to you isn't meant to last
Goodluck is doing it....Celebrate Nigeria and scream; "God bless GEJ"....

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:22am On Dec 24, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Were you the person they gave contract for the repainting? Why didn't past governments repaint the trains with minor repairs for us to see and use? What stops state governors with similar projects(amechi, fashola etc) from painting there's too or are their parties not campaigning? Don't you think we should thank GEJ for being smart enough to pull through that repainting and minor repairs which others failed to do?? Don't you think we can personally save some cash and inconvenience within the time the train will be functional since to you isn't meant to last
Goodluck is doing it....Celebrate Nigeria and scream; "God bless GEJ"....
2 months to election?

Take a good look @ d train pix above u, iz dat d kind of train dat shld be found within our shores?
Those are trains dat our colonial masters brought 4 us. If u want 2 transform d rail transportation, u don't do dat 2 months to election wen u've gleefully wasted 6 years doin nothin!
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:23am On Dec 24, 2014
omokidew:
21st century things on my mind. Not this renovated junk

Why did past governments not renovate it and allow their predecessors to now build new ones or 21st century as you said? Did you not see the new speed train that was celebrated last week which even KPMG marked as among the best 100 in the world? Why did buhari cancel and stop such development in Lagos under jakande when he was head of state?? Don't you think that if he built trains then, we would have been talking about other things today??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:23am On Dec 24, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
For the first time in my life I will travel with train. Tomorrow, I will book PortHarcourt/Umuahia ticket. On reaching Umuahia, I will book taxi to Imo, my home state.
It's an experience I will live to cherish.
First time in your life you're boarding a train, at 33yrs old, but you're always on here trying to tell us how Governments operate in Western countries?! Safe to say you don't even know what the interior of a plane looks like aside from what youve seen in movies and tv shows. No wonder you're impressed by the 18th century locomotive GEJ gifted y'all and you think its the best thing since slice bread.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by oshyno(m): 9:23am On Dec 24, 2014
Yea I saw it live when they were doing test run. The train dey speed wela. I didn't like d look though. Looks old to me.

My own is let there be AC and some shayo loung there. I like enjoying my travel u know.

In GEJ I trust.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:27am On Dec 24, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

2 months to election?

Even if its a second to election, what's the difference? Is it not an achievement? Is not train Is not saving time, money and energy? Won't it convey people and goods Should government stop working because it is election in order to satisfy your kind? Plz be positive for once and stop seeing negatives in whatever people do....thank you

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:33am On Dec 24, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
First time in your life you're boarding a train, at 33yrs old, but you're always on here trying to tell us how Governments operate in Western countries?! Safe to say you don't even know what the interior of a plane looks like aside from what youve seen in movies and tv shows. No wonder you're impressed by the 18th century locomotive GEJ gifted y'all and you think its the best thing since slice bread.

But Buhari stopped same lofty and people oriented dream in Lagos under jakande as head of state?? Why didn't he build even 2nd century baby walker to convey people and goods through the rail lines? Why kill the dream then and come out today to scream? Do you know what employment he denied people and revenue to government by killing that Lagos metro line train

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by anonimi: 9:42am On Dec 24, 2014
Firefire:

please don't forget to come back with testimonies of pictures... smiley

Bon voyage!

And please be sure to show signs in the trains background to show clearly sey na Naija so that all these clueless doubting Thomases following their cattle breeding old soldier will not be casting aspersions on your picture-laden travelog (abi na trainlog sef) thread cheesy

Bon voyage and Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:48am On Dec 24, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

2 months to election?

Take a good look @ d train pix above u, iz dat d kind of train dat shld be found within our shores?
Those are trains dat our colonial masters brought 4 us. If u want 2 transform d rail transportation, u don't do dat 2 months to election wen u've gleefully wasted 6 years doin nothin!

Bro, quit sounding like weeping dog... I. need answers not rhetorics plz...
Why did previous governments both civilian and military (buhari most especially) not do same if it was that easy?
What do you know about train mechanics?
How long does it take to build a modest train?
What does it cost to build one?
Why hasn't fashola and amechi(APC saints) completed there's 8years after??
Won't it save people money, energy and time?
Won't it save our roads longevity?
Was Rome built in a day??
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by rozayx5(m): 9:50am On Dec 24, 2014
Firefire:

please don't forget to come back with testimonies of pictures... smiley

Bon voyage!
cool
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by dunkem21(m): 9:59am On Dec 24, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
For the first time in my life I will travel with train. Tomorrow, I will book PortHarcourt/Umuahia ticket. On reaching Umuahia, I will book taxi to Imo, my home state.
It's an experience I will live to cherish.

Cc tomakint, Idumuose, atlwireles, Nigerianvenom, chukwudi44, priscaoge, tonte, xcolanto, Sunnybobo3, biafranqueen, truckpusher, theassassin, jujuboy, jesusiscoming, Brownlord, Mogidi, anonimi, noblezone, tit, ishiamu, firefire, babyosisi, blacktechnology, datolee, Billyonaire, taharqa, ujoinme, uchidodo, publisher, gramci, jmaine, Sincere9gerian. Berem, egift, NgeneUkwenu, barcarnista, Obiagelli, demdem, Omenka, GenBuhari, kelsoft, Mynd44, donphilopus, koboko69, cramjonse, arresa, Caseless, MichaelSokoto, gbawe, OrlandoOwo.

I will do same.

The only difference is that I will stop @ Ovim station and trek home.

Thanks Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:16am On Dec 24, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, quit sounding like weeping dog... I. need answers not rhetorics plz...
Why did previous governments both civilian and military (buhari most especially) not do same if it was that easy?
What do you know about train mechanics?
How long does it take to build a modest train?
What does it cost to build one?
Why hasn't fashola and amechi(APC saints) completed there's 8years after??
Won't it save people money, energy and time?
Won't it save our roads longevity?
Was Rome built in a day??
Who told u trains were not functional durin Buhari's govt?
Iz 6 years not enough 2 have put about state of d art & effective railway transportation?
PDP has spent close to 15 years, (gej inclusive) & u're askin why past govts didn't improve on railway?
Do u knw obj did exactly wat Jona iz doin now in d past wit d same result dat's goin 2 come out jez az Jona's so-called transformation agenda?
U need more tutorin? Cos am pretty busy @ work now & won't be answerin u on time.
Come back wit truthful fact 2 convience me why I should vote 4 ur Otuoke president

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:27am On Dec 24, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

But Buhari stopped same lofty and people oriented dream in Lagos under jakande as head of state?? Why didn't he build even 2nd century baby walker to convey people and goods through the rail lines? Why kill the dream then and come out today to scream? Do you know what employment he denied people and revenue to government by killing that Lagos metro line train
Did Buhari also stop trains from being put in Aba? What about Enugu? No? How about Onitsha? So how come your leaders---till this day --- haven't found it necessary to provide it for their citizens?

In any case, the point is not that most of you are clearly hateful hypocritical bigots that choose to forget Buhari inherited a messed up Government from a thieving Second Republic and was only in charge for less than 20 months (and did much more than GEJ has done in about 6yrs), but about the fact that most of you are willing to accept mediocrity while the rest of the world speeds past you. (pun not intended).

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by stanech: 10:28am On Dec 24, 2014
[quote
author=MichaelSokoto post=29158656]
Iz 6 years not enough 2 have put about state of d art & effective
railway transportation?
PDP has spent close to 15 years, (gej inclusive) & u're askin why
past govts didn't improve on railway?
Do u knw obj did exactly wat Jona iz doin now in d past wit d same
result dat's goin 2 come out jez az Jona's so-called transformation
agenda?
U need more tutorin? Cos am pretty busy @ work now & won't be
answerin u on time.
Come back wit truthful fact 2 convience me why I should vote 4 ur Otuoke
president[/quote]

GEJ all the way
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by gentleoyink: 11:04am On Dec 24, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

Iz 6 years not enough 2 have put about state of d art & effective railway transportation?
PDP has spent close to 15 years, (gej inclusive) & u're askin why past govts didn't improve on railway?
Do u knw obj did exactly wat Jona iz doin now in d past wit d same result dat's goin 2 come out jez az Jona's so-called transformation agenda?
U need more tutorin? Cos am pretty busy @ work now & won't be answerin u on time.
Come back wit truthful fact 2 convience me why I should vote 4 ur Otuoke president

Hey, six years is not enough. The Uk is planning a high speed 2 rail network. They will start implementing the plan in 2017 and it is expected to be completed 2026. That is 9 years after they start building. I want you to consider the land mass of Nigeria and compare it with that of UK. Also consider that the Uk has an existing rail network [1].

My problem with you is that you want GEJ and his team to plan and complete construction of a rail system in all of Nigeria in 6 years. You and your likes are wicked.

That is how you guys have been complaining about power immediately after privatisation , when even experts say the sector requires massive investment over a five year period before we can see the results [2].

Do you guys really love Nigeria? If you do, will aim to build on the little we already have, not this pull down and destroy posture in the name of opposition.

There are some news and posts you see, you just whistle and not type anything at least, people will think someone recharge N5 sense for you.

References

[1] http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16473296

[2] http://businessdayonline.com/2014/09/experts-say-10bn-capex-required-to-make-power-sector-work/#.VJqLnUI8IE

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:12am On Dec 24, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

Kindly provide answers to my questions to you
Don't ignore them please...thank you...
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:18am On Dec 24, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Did Buhari also stop trains from being put in Aba? What about Enugu? No? How about Onitsha? So how come your leaders---till this day --- haven't found it necessary to provide it for their citizens?

In any case, the point is not that most of you are clearly hateful hypocritical bigots that choose to forget Buhari inherited a messed up Government from a thieving Second Republic and was only in charge for less than 20 months (and did much more than GEJ has done in about 6yrs), but about the fact that most of you are willing to accept mediocrity while the rest of the world speeds past you. (pun not intended).

I asked you simple straightforward questions and instead of providing answers; you chose to go tribalistic...what has ethnicity got to do with my questions in Lagos metro line?

Unfortunately, I can't stoop to swim the gutter with you...so ride on bro...
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by taharqa: 11:54am On Dec 24, 2014
smithsammy:
hahahahahaha! Village boi! For the first time in your life. Jonathan has damaged your cerebral.. I can see you need to be liberated. You need to stop this achaic way of living and reasoning. To cap it all, you need a totally change; that you can be sure my general will bring to your life next year.
wil you shattap! ya mouth dia, isi-ikpi...
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:57am On Dec 24, 2014
gentleoyink:

Hey, six years is not enough. The Uk is planning a high speed 2 rail network. They will start implementing the plan in 2017 and it is expected to be completed 2026. That is 9 years after they start building. I want you to consider the land mass of Nigeria and compare it with that of UK. Also consider that the Uk has an existing rail network [1].

My problem with you is that you want GEJ and his team to plan and complete construction of a rail system in all of Nigeria in 6 years. You and your likes are wicked.

That is how you guys have been complaining about power immediately after privatisation , when even experts say the sector requires massive investment over a five year period before we can see the results [2].

Do you guys really love Nigeria? If you do, will aim to build on the little we already have, not this pull down and destroy posture in the name of opposition.

There are some news and posts you see, you just whistle and not type anything at least, people will think someone recharge N5 sense for you.

References

[1] http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16473296

[2] http://businessdayonline.com/2014/09/experts-say-10bn-capex-required-to-make-power-sector-work/#.VJqLnUI8IE
No need 2 go in2 name callin.
U don't jez wake up 2 months to election, repaint old trains, clear out bushy rail tracks then start screamin "Transformation".
Agreed a total turn around of our failin railway system has 2 go tru processes & time, buh ask urself sincerely, "can Jona really actually transform d railway sector? Don't 4get dat he's budgeted money 4 a new plane in next years budget. What kind of a president would want 2 do dat when they 're preachin austerity measure?" Ehn?
& don't let us jump in2 power sector pls, cos u will end up foolin urself.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 24, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

How did you arrive at your 6 years calculation? Why not 7 years or even forever? Has your support for Buhari also destroyed your sense of arithmetic?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:00pm On Dec 24, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Kindly provide answers to my questions to you
Don't ignore them please...thank you...
I gave u answers, find d rest 4rm google cos am a busy man.
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

How did you arrive at your 6 years calculation? Why not 7 years or even forever? Has your support for Buhari also destroyed your sense of arithmetic?
Few weeks to may 29th will make it six, its called "round off figures" in math.
One year iz enuf 4 any reasonable president 2 turn around d economy positively & not negatively like ya prinspal (no offence 2 mama peace grin ) az done. cool

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by nigerianvenom(m): 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nice one mr President.we are getting there
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by gentleoyink: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

No need 2 go in2 name callin.
U don't jez wake up 2 months to election, repaint old trains, clear out bushy rail tracks then start screamin "Transformation".
Agreed a total turn around of our failin railway system has 2 go tru processes & time, buh ask urself sincerely, "can Jona really actually transform d railway sector? Don't 4get dat he's budgeted money 4 a new plane in next years budget. What kind of a president would want 2 do dat when they 're preachin austerity measure?" Ehn?
& don't let us jump in2 power sector pls, cos u will end up foolin urself.

True, no need for name calling. I got pissed off because of your stand. Like I said, there are some things you have to keep quiet and say nothing else you would be seen as one who gets angry with progress.

Now unto your claim that he rushed to paint trains, my guy cool down. You and I know that works on our rail system did not start now. Obj planned and awarded contracts, Yaradua came in and cancelled them. GEJ came in and started again, maybe he adopted Obj's plan or had a new one. If you will be truthful, anytime the plans for the railways are made public, you guys start shouting about results instead of plans. Now you read a little news of result you say negative about it.

As for the New Airplane, I am not sure about the news, because of the source. If it is true, guy, that's why we have the national assembly, if it is not needed they won't approve it. Sending a budget that includes a new Airplane is not wrong, it is constitutional and shows a responsible president. However, as to the moral side of it we can argue. The president did not swear to up hold you values and morals (which differs per individual) but the constitution of Nigeria.

My brother, it is your right to support anybody for any political office in the country. Your support should be on the basis of moving Nigeria forward. If you think Buhari will be the best person, then support him.
If he wins, he will build on top the little he met. All this pull down and destroy everything until our man is there does not mean well for Nigeria.

Note, people say Obama is great, not because he has done one spectacular thing, but because he is the president of America. America that was built by bits over decades/centuries.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by nigerianvenom(m): 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
mikovo2002:
I am 40 year hold from delta state. I have boarded plane, helipcourter , motor car, Lorry, Trailer , bicycle, motorcycle, tricycle, ship, speedboats, canoe , Cable car at Obudu ranch. But I have not seen or touch or enter a train in my life. I look forward the day Gej will commmision the rayline in warri delta state to Ajakuta in kogi state. Do it and I will vote for you.

He is doing it,all u need do is vote him in once more.
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

I gave u answers, find d rest 4rm google cos am a busy man.

Never saw any...Google for answers...does your lies exist in Google too
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
gentleoyink:

True, no need for name calling. I got pissed off because of your stand. Like I said, there are some things you have to keep quiet and say nothing else you would be seen as one who gets angry with progress.

Now unto your claim that he rushed to paint trains, my guy cool down. You and I know that works on our rail system did not start now. Obj planned and awarded contracts, Yaradua came in and cancelled them. GEJ came in and started again, maybe he adopted Obj's plan or had a new one. If you will be truthful, anytime the plans for the railways are made public, you guys start shouting about results instead of plans. Now you read a little news of result you say negative about it.

As for the New Airplane, I am not sure about the news, because of the source. If it is true, guy, that's why we have the national assembly, if it is not needed they won't approve it. Sending a budget that includes a new Airplane is not wrong, it is constitutional and shows a responsible president. However, as to the moral side of it we can argue. The president did not swear to up hold you values and morals (which differs per individual) but the constitution of Nigeria.

My brother, it is your right to support anybody for any political office in the country. Your support should be on the basis of moving Nigeria forward. If you think Buhari will be the best person, then support him.
If he wins, he will build on top the little he met. All this pull down and destroy everything until our man is there does not mean well for Nigeria.

Note, people say Obama is great, not because he has done one spectacular thing, but because he is the president of America. America that was built by bits over decades/centuries.
Tinz are not workin in diz con3 under Jonathan, maybe he's tryin 2 buh once u've sorrounded urself wit more criminals dan wellwishers, all ur efforts will eventually come 2 NOTHING!
Truth be told, he's nice, buh d devil can also be nice & Jona iz no diff.
Let's try a new party next year then come back 2 compare after 4 years. Thanks cool
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by PhockPhockMan: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
powerblaze:
Great development.. Would love to see some pics
I would have taken some but because security refused us entry because of presence of the Vice president.
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by PhockPhockMan: 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
mikovo2002:
I am 40 year hold from delta state. I have boarded plane, helipcourter , motor car, Lorry, Trailer , bicycle, motorcycle, tricycle, ship, speedboats, canoe , Cable car at Obudu ranch. But I have not seen or touch or enter a train in my life. I look forward the day Gej will commmision the rayline in warri delta state to Ajakuta in kogi state. Do it and I will vote for you.
The same thing with me o o.
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by PhockPhockMan: 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
owobokiri:
When are the speed rails coming? These antiquated locomotives should be discarded abeg
Read this,
https://www.nairaland.com/1955107/pictures-ongoing-standard-guage-rail#27246073
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by PhockPhockMan: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

My friend, I've been boardin trains since 1996 if my memory serves me right, so JoNOTHIN did NOTHING!
You owns your finger, you can type any trash with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari / Timi Frank Advises Saraki: "Watch Your Back While Relating With Oyegun" / Umahi Vows Never To Castigate Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.