Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,137 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off (13786 Views)

Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Takes Off / Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? / Lagos Light Rail System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
emmanuel4758:
popular sense should let you ask yourself why later mtchew all this aboki self una no go Cary una cow enter bush.
Lemme assume dat u don't knw d essence of monikers on faceless fora such as NL 4 u 2 be bringin "cows & bush" in2 diz discussion. Or are u a cattle rearer ni? grin
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

I asked you simple straightforward questions and instead of providing answers; you chose to go tribalistic...what has ethnicity got to do with my questions in Lagos metro line?

Unfortunately, I can't stoop to swim the gutter with you...so ride on bro...
I don't get your complaints. If you say Buhari--- a man that ruled for barely 20 months and inherited a messed up corrupt Govt from the 2nd Republic--- is the reason why trains are not in Lagos, then I want to know why the whole Eastern Region is not linked by rail. What have your leaders been doing for generations apart from stealing every penny in sight then whipping up false tribal sentiments asking yall to blame the Bogeyman, Muslims, Northerners,Yorubas, Bigfoot and Santa Claus for their thievery? It's a Very simple question.

I'll totally understand if you're tongue-tied and don't have an answer.
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by HzRF(m): 6:06pm On Dec 24, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

What iz stupidity there?
U must be high on blended cassava leaves on2 xmas celebration tinz
Just saw ur moniker
U must be among few pple from ur tribe that was opportunity to visit school but still d stark illiteracy tag whining and dining among ur ppl have bombarded ur brain to the extent u think a railway from enugu to pH can be constructed in 2 months
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Remarkable: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
if it were that simple to have these trains working, then why were they dormant for all these years? why didn't the past presidents do anything to alleviate the pressure on our roads?

You may be right that fixing Nigeria could involve "painting and minor repairs"... but since no one cared enough to do it in the past, and now GEJ has done it, you need a re-think and purge yourself of unnecessary hate for our able Presido! smiley
MichaelSokoto:

My friend, those trains were simply just repainted & some minor repairs done so as 2 be used 4 2015 campaign as usual, simply put, Jona iz a bigtime FRAUD!
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
HzRF:

Just saw ur moniker
U must be among few pple from ur tribe that was opportunity to visit school but still d stark illiteracy tag whining and dining among ur ppl have bombarded ur brain to the extent u think a railway from enugu to pH can be constructed in 2 months
You know, from the bolded, maybe you shouldn't be the one throwing darts accusing folk of being uneducated.
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
Remarkable:
if it were that simple to have these trains working, then why were they dormant for all these years? why didn't the past presidents do anything to alleviate the pressure on our roads?

You may be right that fixing Nigeria could involve "painting and minor repairs"... but since no one cared enough to do it in the past, and now GEJ has done it, you need a re-think and purge yourself of unnecessary hate for our able Presido! smiley
D trains had neva been dormant cos I've been boardin dem since mid ninetys

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Remarkable: 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
where did he claim its the best thing since sliced bread?

citizens are happy that what was not active before is being utilized and you are asking why it aint better?

as some have already asked, why didn't past presidents fix and keep 'em running for the past 50 years which we would have upgraded to newer ones now...

you want us to go from negative10 to +20 without crossing through 0 (if you are mathematically inclined lol)
ISpiksDaTroof:
First time in your life you're boarding a train, at 33yrs old, but you're always on here trying to tell us how Governments operate in Western countries?! Safe to say you don't even know what the interior of a plane looks like aside from what youve seen in movies and tv shows. No wonder you're impressed by the 18th century locomotive GEJ gifted y'all and you think its the best thing since slice bread.
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Remarkable: 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
Well, let me not say you lieing cause I don't know you, but to confirm, why not tell us the location these trains you used were operating at?

MichaelSokoto:

D trains had neva been dormant cos I've been boardin dem since mid ninetys
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by dafuturis(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
And why is there no picture to this effect, or is the train and rail in our imagination?
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Remarkable: 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nice questions, sir. Will they answer if they cant think of a lie or silly excuse to tout, they'll pretend they didn't see this thread... they probably are afraid that if their supervisor that is paying them to post on social media sees their appreciative comments to GEJ's good works, they might get fired and will have to go on hungry stomachs...

That is why they always claim GEJ has done nothing for the past six ywars, and when he commissions a project, they say its because its close to election time... lol funny arseholes.
?
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, quit sounding like weeping dog... I. need answers not rhetorics plz...
Why did previous governments both civilian and military (buhari most especially) not do same if it was that easy?
What do you know about train mechanics?
How long does it take to build a modest train?
What does it cost to build one?
Why hasn't fashola and amechi(APC saints) completed there's 8years after??
Won't it save people money, energy and time?
Won't it save our roads longevity?
Was Rome built in a day??

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
Remarkable:
where did he claim its the best thing since sliced bread?

citizens are happy that what was not active before is being utilized and you are asking why it aint better?

as some have already asked, why didn't past presidents fix and keep 'em running for the past 50 years which we would have upgraded to newer ones now...

you want us to go from negative10 to +20 without crossing through 0 (if you are mathematically inclined lol)
You're expecting a reply to this nonsense?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
Remarkable:
Well, let me not say you lieing cause I don't know you, but to confirm, why not tell us the location these trains you used were operating at?

Lagos metropolis
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Caseless: 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
aresa:

This backward and shameful absurdity in 2014 when countries all over the world are moving forward with grand ideas and innovations.

If you think you deserve backwardness, your backward and thoughtless government is always ready to bless you with the backwardness you think you deserve.

Very disheartening and pathetic...
dont mind phockphockman. Hin go spend 2 days on that train before he gets to imo frm ph. Can u believe FG spent 4times highier to repair a rail-line(for locomotive to track, not modern train) from lagos to kano(or kaduna) than china spent building an entirely new rail-line from the tibetan region to the capital city, Beijing? What's there to celebrate in this nonsense repair done by gej for God's sake? *sms*

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by PhockPhockMan: 7:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
aresa:

Una neva taya with jonadumb and his 16th century ogbanje rubbish in digital 2014 ni.. grin

Beats me why you people are always rejoicing over garbage and mediocrity grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Give it up man , this scrappy picture is not working anymore.

Below is pictures of derailed trains in Europe and America.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by aresa: 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Why did previous governments both civilian and military (buhari most especially) not do same if it was that easy?

The fact that previous administrations fell short doesn't mean we deserve rubbish and backwardness. If stone age mediocre rubbish is what you think you deserve in 2014, they you have zero moral authority to question the previous administration.

What do you know about train mechanics?
How long does it take to build a modest train?
What does it cost to build one?

Of what relevance are the above questions since you are a bilion years far from being a train mechanic, construction engineer or even a project and construction cost analyst. Stick to what you and leave alone what you don't

Why hasn't fashola and amechi(APC saints) completed there's 8years after??

Fashola's public Eko rail system started in 2012 so you are mathematically and mentally way off base.

On top of that, it's the largest public works project in Africa, it's the kind of project sovereign Nations undertake.

It's also not just a rail metro system, it's a freeway system with ten lanes including BRT access, the best rail stations in west africa, many overhead bridges, rail bridge construction over the Lagos lagoon to Lagos Island so with your internet rail construction engineering degree, please feel free to show us where such was started and completed in less than 2 years.

Won't it save people money, energy and time?

No, it wont save you anything because they are old, mediocre and subject to breakdowns and accidents like the one in the picture below.

And when you buy almost obsolete crap, you spend more money on breakdowns, parts and maintenance. They are even subject to needless accidents.

What you are supporting is called penny wise, pounds foolish.

Won't it save our roads longevity?

The ogbanje they are saddling you with wont save you anything..

Was Rome built in a day??

If Rome wasn't built in a day, then why question how long it's taking the LASG to finish a rail and freeway system construction that commenced less than 2 years ago?

Very confused and hypocritical I must say..

Amaechi is a state governor and not your FG with oil wealth so your comparison sounds pointless and redundant. On top of that, Amaechi is building a modern mono rail system and not the 1909 rubbish you are celebrating. Aggregate the differences first before questioning anything..

You do sound very very lame and depthless..

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by aresa: 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
[s]
PhockPhockMan:
Give it up man , this scrappy picture is not working anymore.

Below is pictures of derailed trains in Europe and America.
[/s]

I don't debate apples and oranges, we are talking about your 1909 locomotive ogbanje trains..

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by HzRF(m): 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
You know, from the bolded, maybe you shouldn't be the one throwing darts accusing folk of being uneducated.
Really
Am using prediction
If you can run a check on my previous comments
U will knw aint like em dullard
That thought railway can be constructed within 2 months
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2014
HzRF:

Really
Am using prediction
If you can run a check on my previous comments
U will knw aint like em dullard
That thought railway can be constructed within 2 months
What is this rubbish? Are you drunk? You shouldn't be writing and trying to form opinions when you're intoxicated you know?
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by deji68: 7:58pm On Dec 24, 2014
Which one be Eko rail ?......Are trains already moving on the the Lagos monorail or are they taking the route meant for the cable cars ..make u enlighten us oooo cheesy cheesy

aresa:

^^^^^^^

APC Eko Rail

vvvvvvvvvvvvv

PDP Backwardness, mediocrity and ugliness...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by aresa: 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
deji68:
Which one be Eko rail ?......Are trains already moving on the the Lagos monorail or are they taking the route meant for the cable cars ..make u enlighten us oooo cheesy cheesy

1. It's a Metro Rail, Lagos does't have a mono rail.

2. It has nothing to do with cable cars or cable routes.

3. These are the arriving rail cars for Eko Rail system...
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
I don't get your complaints. If you say Buhari--- a man that ruled for barely 20 months and inherited a messed up corrupt Govt from the 2nd Republic--- is the reason why trains are not in Lagos, then I want to know why the whole Eastern Region is not linked by rail. What have your leaders been doing for generations apart from stealing every penny in sight then whipping up false tribal sentiments asking yall to blame the Bogeyman, Muslims, Northerners,Yorubas, Bigfoot and Santa Claus for their thievery? It's a Very simple question.

I'll totally understand if you're tongue-tied and don't have an answer.

Entire eastern isn't connected by rail because we have men like buhari coming to usurp power.... and we have trolls like you who are ethnic bigots with demented brains spewing words that can only qualify them to be thrown into waste bin.... merry xmas
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by deji68: 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
ok thanks ...ok the rail cars are arriving , that is good, after 6 years of constructing a 35km metroline...eko ooni ogbanje...ekoo oni baaje
aresa:

1. It's a Metro Rail, Lagos does't have a mono rail.

2. It has nothing to do with cable cars or cable routes.

3. These are the arriving rail cars for Eko Rail system...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by PhockPhockMan: 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
aresa:
[s][/s]

I don't debate apples and oranges, we are talking about your 1909 locomotive ogbanje trains..

Your propaganda is not enough to make us abandon a blazing fire and follow smoke.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by PhockPhockMan: 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
deji68:

Don't mind that aresa, he's king of lies.
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
aresa:

The fact that previous administrations fell short doesn't mean we deserve rubbish and backwardness. If stone age mediocre rubbish is what you think you deserve in 2014, they you have zero moral authority to question the previous administration.

Of what relevance are the above questions since you are a bilion years far from being a train mechanic, construction engineer or even a project and construction cost analyst. Stick to what you and leave alone what you don't

Fashola's public Eko rail system started in 2012 so you are mathematically and mentally way off base.

On top of that, it's the largest public works project in Africa, it's the kind of project sovereign Nations undertake.

It's also not just a rail metro system, it's a freeway system with ten lanes including BRT access, the best rail stations in west africa, many overhead bridges, rail bridge construction over the Lagos lagoon to Lagos Island so with your internet rail construction engineering degree, please feel free to show us where such was started and completed in less than 2 years.

No, it wont save you anything because they are old, mediocre and subject to breakdowns and accidents like the one in the picture below.

And when you buy almost obsolete crap, you spend more money on breakdowns, parts and maintenance. They are even subject to needless accidents.

What you are supporting is called penny wise, pounds foolish.

The ogbanje they are saddling you with wont save you anything..

If Rome wasn't built in a day, then why question how long it's taking the LASG to finish a rail and freeway system construction that commenced less than 2 years ago?

Very confused and hypocritical I must say..

Amaechi is a state governor and not your FG with oil wealth so your comparison sounds pointless and redundant. On top of that, Amaechi is building a modern mono rail system and not the 1909 rubbish you are celebrating. Aggregate the differences first before questioning anything..

You do sound very very lame and depthless..

You sounded more like a broken gong...child of anger...a frustrated and embittered chap...you just ended up with too many words that has no meaning or sense in it.
Anyway, just meet your doctor and tell him that the previous dosage wasn't too effective, he may mind increasing it....

Since you are envisaging accident for those who will use it; just be sure you& your household stay clear from those trains...any day, you or them mistakenly enter any of these; that accident will manifest....

For now, let's enjoy it whether its 2nd century or 30th century; its still a train that will speed more than your future...
is it that your people call train; ogbanje?? nawa oooo

merry Xmas...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by aresa: 12:29am On Dec 25, 2014
[s]
Whynotthetruth:

You sounded more like a broken gong...child of anger...a frustrated and embittered chap...you just ended up with too many words that has no meaning or sense in it.
Anyway, just meet your doctor and tell him that the previous dosage wasn't too effective, he may mind increasing it....

Since you are envisaging accident for those who will use it; just be sure you& your household stay clear from those trains...any day, you or them mistakenly enter any of these; that accident will manifest....

For now, let's enjoy it whether its 2nd century or 30th century; its still a train that will speed more than your future...
is it that your people call train; ogbanje?? nawa oooo

merry Xmas...
[/s]

I don't debate meaningless jargon. I trashed your rubbish systematically one by one and also exposed your mindless hypocrisy...

You just nees to keep your jokes and comedy to your kind..,
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:58am On Dec 25, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Entire eastern isn't connected by rail because we have men like buhari coming to usurp power.... and we have trolls like you who are ethnic bigots with demented brains spewing words that can only qualify them to be thrown into waste bin.... merry xmas
Yes, Buhari has been stealing the money meant for your rails in iboland the last 30 years. He has also been the one forcing your State Reps to steal every penny to buy private jets, luxury cars, mansions and stashing the rest in foreign private bank accounts.

Keep deceiving yourselves because of hate even you can't properly explain why you harbor it.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by tmotmo: 7:55am On Dec 25, 2014
mikovo2002:
I am 40 year hold from delta state. I have boarded plane, helipcourter , motor car, Lorry, Trailer , bicycle, motorcycle, tricycle, ship, speedboats, canoe , Cable car at Obudu ranch. But I have not seen or touch or enter a train in my life. I look forward the day Gej will commmision the rayline in warri delta state to Ajakuta in kogi state. Do it and I will vote for you.

Your experience is a relative thing in the sense that your past leaders and leaders of Nigerian had short-changed you in terms of development.
I could recall in the 70's there used to be a working train system that we like going with during vacation from Iddo Terminus to North and Eastern parts of the country with an uncle.
However, It will be appreciated if you could advice Mr. president on how to get the warri to ajaokuta commissioned before february 2015, may the same could be employed by him to work magic on power generationn and distribution that his government had expended over $20b within 4 years without result.
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by PhockPhockMan: 11:48am On Dec 30, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
For the first time in my life I will travel with train. Tomorrow, I will book PortHarcourt/Umuahia ticket. On reaching Umuahia, I will book taxi to Imo, my home state.
It's an experience I will live to cherish.

Cc tomakint, Idumuose, atlwireles, Nigerianvenom, chukwudi44, priscaoge, tonte, xcolanto, Sunnybobo3, biafranqueen, truckpusher, theassassin, jujuboy, jesusiscoming, Brownlord, Mogidi, anonimi, noblezone, tit, ishiamu, firefire, babyosisi, blacktechnology, datolee, Billyonaire, taharqa, ujoinme, uchidodo, publisher, gramci, jmaine, Sincere9gerian. Berem, egift, NgeneUkwenu, barcarnista, Obiagelli, demdem, Omenka, GenBuhari, kelsoft, Mynd44, donphilopus, koboko69, cramjonse, arresa, Caseless, MichaelSokoto, gbawe, OrlandoOwo.
My people, I'm on my way to Umuahia from Port Harcourt. For the first in my life, I'm traveling with train. I will do the NEEDFUL next month. Happy new year in advance.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by anonimi: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2014
PhockPhockMan:

My people, I'm on my way to Umuahia from Port Harcourt. For the first in my life, I'm traveling with train. I will do the NEEDFUL next month. Happy new year in advance.

First things first, have a safe trip. Enjoy your break with your folks.

Now, last things last, we go dey wait for the NEEDFUL oh- pictures or adonbeliveit grin cheesy

Edited, I see that you are already doing the needful cool
Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by jmaine: 11:53am On Dec 30, 2014
PhockPhockMan:

Safe trip man . . . .All za best . . . . grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off by PhockPhockMan: 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2014
anonimi:

First things first, have a safe trip. Enjoy your break with your folks.

Now, last things last, we go dey wait for the NEEDFUL oh- pictures or adonbeliveit grin cheesy

Edited, I see that you are already doing the needful cool
My Brother, network here is terrible, I will tell my "TRAIN STORY" when I'm back in Port Harcourt.

God bless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayba Wabba Emerges NLC President / FG Disburses N5,000 Monthly Stipends To Katsina Poor / FG Appoints Kashifu Inuwa As New NITDA DG

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.