Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Is It Right To Date My Ex Friend/course Mate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Date My Ex Friend/course Mate? (1010 Views)

Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? / Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? / Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Date My Ex Friend/course Mate? by Xeeun(m): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2014
Hi,

Last August I met a level 100 beauty in my school. I'm a Level 400 student studying B.Eng Mechanical, so I still have a year left.

The girl is a real beauty, everybody keep talking how lucky I am to date her.

Well, I'm quite handsome. Got some money to take care of my self and have a car (I'm into farming, a family business). So I don't see a reason why she can not fall for me.

We dated for the whole semester, but I was not at school for the next semester (second semester) due to IT. So I should be back next year for my level 500.

There was this her friend and course mate which I always admire. We talk on phone sometimes and chat on whatsapp, my Ex is aware of that and have no objection to it. There's nothing going between us.

Our problems started when I was not around, she tries any possible means to pick a fight with me. I tried my best to make this work but all failed.

I got an intel last week that she's Dating someone now. So it's over.

Now, can I approach her friend / course mate even if it's for friendship and see if things can work between us? Do you think this is right?

I have what it takes to get almost any girl I want in the campus, but i feel like her friend is the one.

Thank you for your advice, and mind the write-up. I grew up in an area where my mother toungue is more popular and spoken than English. Even at school.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Ex Friend/course Mate? by holatin(m): 8:15am On Dec 24, 2014
love Ve no barriers

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Date My Ex Friend/course Mate? by soright4life(m): 8:32am On Dec 24, 2014
sure?.then what's stopping u from ur Sis.?
Re: Is It Right To Date My Ex Friend/course Mate? by Xeeun(m): 8:34am On Dec 24, 2014
soright4life:

sure?.then what's stopping u from ur Sis.?

I said "almost" and in the "campus". That means my school.

I don't have a sis by the way undecided
Re: Is It Right To Date My Ex Friend/course Mate? by englishmart(m): 8:38am On Dec 24, 2014
forget that thing. Nothing wrong with that jare. Afterall, she is your ex's girlfriend. Not your wife's sister.

Meanwhile, if you don't date your course mate. Who will you date na? grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Date My Ex Friend/course Mate? by TrishaP(f): 8:38am On Dec 24, 2014
Its a NO to me. I understand one can’t control one’s feelings, it just happens, and fighting it is futile, But you have to.

This might cause a huge rift between both friends bcus of u. There are better ways to avoid such.

Like u said your handsome looking and any girl would want u, then y not save yourself the ladies drama and go fishing else where.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Date My Ex Friend/course Mate? by Xeeun(m): 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
TrishaP:
Its a NO to me. I understand one can’t control one’s feelings, it just happens, and fighting it is futile, But you have to.

This might cause a huge rift between both friends bcus of u. There are better ways to avoid such.

Like u said your handsome looking and any girl would want u, then y not save yourself the ladies drama and go fishing else where.

You made a very good point, thank you.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Ex Friend/course Mate? by numericalguy(m): 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
OP, I don't see why you can't date the other girl, afterall you don't owe your ex any loyalty nor explanation since she was the one that left you for another guy.
Abeg go for the other girl if she's a good girl, besides, how do you know the girl has not been admiring you all along and has been too shy to make her feeling known to you (Nigerian girls syndrome).
Since you people are already chatting on watsap, you can take it from there and build a solid frenship from there.

Best of luck.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Ex Friend/course Mate? by Xeeun(m): 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
numericalguy:
OP, I don't see why you can't date the other girl, afterall you don't owe your ex any loyalty nor explanation since she was the one that left you for another guy.
Abeg go for the other girl if she's a good girl, besides, how do you know the girl has not been admiring you all along and has been too shy to make her feeling known to you (Nigerian girls syndrome).
Since you people are already chatting on watsap, you can take it from there and build a solid frenship from there.

Best of luck.

Now I'm confused.

Thank you for the good luck, I really need that cheesy

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Take On This? (pic) / THREAD For Those Who Have More Than One Partner -What Are Your Plans 4 VAL ? / Types Of Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.