Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,868 members, 7,866,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:16 PM

Matic Is Better Than Mikel - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Matic Is Better Than Mikel (3344 Views)

Matic Is Overated,mikel Is Beta / Dead Michael Essien Is Better Than Mikel Obi / DID YOU KNOW? Enyeama Has More Career Goals Than Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by Neobulletzz(m): 12:45am On Dec 27, 2014
CSTR:
Matic is currently the best DM in world football.
It's pretty unfair asking mikel to unstage him .
Only javi martinez(when fit) stands a chance against matic.
I disagree with you he is far better than Javi Martinez

1 Like

Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 27, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
That ranking, was his performance this season. The season is not yet half way. Is that what you will use to rank him as the best midfielder in the world. You guys are funny.

Why not do a ranking for then year and let us see where hope will be placed.

I repeat, is Matic a better defensive midfielder than Yaya?
Yaya is not even a defensive midfielder this season. Current stats says Matic is the best this season. I knw u to be very objective.
I read one article that said Chelsea has Hazard, Fab and Costa while City has Silva, Yaya and Aguero, but what they don't have is Matic. Try to google it.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by tuffgongjo(m): 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
The only coach that I know to play players on form$not name is Jose(IMO)so putting Mikel on the bench for Matic since January shows a lot ,currently in Europe you can hardly see a better DM than Matic.
Goodjoehunt,I haven't seen city last two matches,but over the last few seasons yaya hardly play as a DM,more of Attacking midfielde,even sometimes as emergency striker.
To buttress that point check out his goal-scoring record @ Camp Nou to Etihad.
Finally like a fan once "tweeted": Matic is a "Moving wall",Mikel is just a "Wall".
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by ameer2: 6:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
Toni kroos n luka Modric are d two best Def. mids in d world...evryone in dis thread shld go n sleep[Case Closed].

1 Like

Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
ferderick:

Yaya is not even a defensive midfielder this season. Current stats says Matic is the best this season. I knw u to be very objective.
I read one article that said Chelsea has Hazard, Fab and Costa while City has Silva, Yaya and Aguero, but what they don't have is Matic. Try to google it.
From what you wrote there, does that mean that Yaya Toure is an attacking midfielder?

I showed you guys a comment Nasri made this season. That is enough to stop the argument. Nasri said Yaya is a defensive midfielder.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
tuffgongjo:
The only coach that I know to play players on form$not name is Jose(IMO)so putting Mikel on the bench for Matic since January shows a lot ,currently in Europe you can hardly see a better DM than Matic.
Goodjoehunt,I haven't seen city last two matches,but over the last few seasons yaya hardly play as a DM,more of Attacking midfielde,even sometimes as emergency striker.
To buttress that point check out his goal-scoring record @ Camp Nou to Etihad.
Finally like a fan once "tweeted": Matic is a "Moving wall",Mikel is just a "Wall".
Yaya Toure plays as a defensive midfielder. However, Coach Pellegrini plays a high line defence. Watch City's games. Sometimes, you see Kompany and Mangala above the half way line and playing in the opponents half. In that position, the defensive midfielders are up in the attacking midfield position. The attacking midfielders join the attackers. So it looks like the defensive midfielders are attacking midfielders, especially Yaya who has the license to move forward.

Coach Pellegrini believes in attack as the best form of defence. So Yaya defends by attacking.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
Kolade354:
off all the guys you mention only Alonso toure and vidal can compete with him on current form.
Current form does not make Matic the best defensive midfielder in the world. Current form is what it is. Current form. Remember when Southampton was one of the best teams in the World on current form?
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
tuffgongjo:

Ironically, that is a fact. What most Chelsea fans do not know is that with Mikel in the midfield, he sits deep and shields the defence like a wall.

With Matic alone in the midfield. When he moves (moving wall), he creates room for Chelsea to be countered.

I hope Mourinho leaves Mikel out of the team.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by Tomtoxic: 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2014
on current form only Alonso and mascherano can be compared to matic and pls he z beta dan Mikel both offensively and defensively
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by fadjnr(m): 3:20am On Dec 28, 2014
Ironically the only match chelsea lost this season, matic was absent. Guess that says something.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by Kolade354(m): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Current form does not make Matic the best defensive midfielder in the world. Current form is what it is. Current form. Remember when Southampton was one of the best teams in the World on current form?
you seems to know a lot about football. When was southampton one of the best club in the world, they were only enjoying Good spell. Matic is underated and he is the best defensive mildfielder in EPL. If you dont like him,his performance says it all.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 28, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
From what you wrote there, does that mean that Yaya Toure is an attacking midfielder?

I showed you guys a comment Nasri made this season. That is enough to stop the argument. Nasri said Yaya is a defensive midfielder.
I av watched city match where Fernado, Fernadinho and yaya played together. He operates in AM dis season than in DM. Peace
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by tuffgongjo(m): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Yaya Toure plays as a defensive midfielder. However, Coach Pellegrini plays a high line defence. Watch City's games. Sometimes, you see Kompany and Mangala above the half way line and playing in the opponents half. In that position, the defensive midfielders are up in the attacking midfield position. The attacking midfielders join the attackers. So it looks like the defensive midfielders are attacking midfielders, especially Yaya who has the license to move forward.

Coach Pellegrini believes in attack as the best form of defence. So Yaya defends by attacking.
Like I said earlier their last two games I didn't watch them but the yaya that I know hasn't played as a DM in the last three seasons or so for city,that is why you see him banging in many goals.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by tuffgongjo(m): 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
ferderick:

I av watched city match where Fernado, Fernadinho and yaya played together. He operates in AM dis season than in DM. Peace
Thank you for this observation.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Thank you for this observation.
uwc
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Like I said earlier their last two games I didn't watch them but the yaya that I know hasn't played as a DM in the last three seasons or so for city,that is why you see him banging in many goals.
Please, Yaya always plays as a defensive midfielder. Always. He is giving liberty to attack.

When you make statements like this, O fond it funny. Are you saying Nasri does not know what he is saying?
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
ferderick:

That happened only once. It did not even last because Fernando picked up an early injury. In that same game, Yaya was returned to the defensive midfield. Yaya Toure has never been an attacking midfielder for Man City.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
Kolade354:
you seems to know a lot about football. When was southampton one of the best club in the world, they were only enjoying Good spell. Matic is underated and he is the best defensive mildfielder in EPL. If you dont like him,his performance says it all.
I did not say Southampton was one of the best clubs in football. I was talking of classing Matic as the best midfielder in the world because of a good form at the start of the season.

At the start of the season, Southampton had one of the best performance in the world. You will not use that to class them then as one of the best clubs in the world.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
That happened only once. It did not even last because Fernando picked up an early injury. In that same game, Yaya was returned to the defensive midfield. Yaya Toure has never been an attacking midfielder for Man City.
Ok. But current stats says for now Matic is the best in Europe.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
ferderick:

Ok. But current stats says for now Matic is the best in Europe.
No beef in that. However, I prefer a Yaya/Fernandinho style defensive midfielders who contribute a lot to the attacking play.

The season is still a long way ahead.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by tuffgongjo(m): 6:43am On Dec 29, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Please, Yaya always plays as a defensive midfielder. Always. He is giving liberty to attack.

When you make statements like this, O fond it funny. Are you saying Nasri does not know what he is saying?
You are only trying to be rigid,we all know Yaya has stopped playing that role so lonnng ago even in the national team.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by tuffgongjo(m): 6:45am On Dec 29, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Yaya never an attacking midfielder for city?I give up bro.
Re: Matic Is Better Than Mikel by jerryboiii(m): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obviously...

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Beach Soccer Challenge Cup 2013 (2nd Edition) / At 30 This Barca Star Can't Drive But Depends On His Dad To Take Him To Training / Is Michael Carrick Worth £18.6 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.