Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. (1920 Views)

Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? / How Are You Celebrating Christmas? / The New Birth And The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit - When One Becomes A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2014
Its so disheartening.
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by acenazt: 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2014
depends on how you see xmas . to me its just a period when Folks spend all they have saved throughout the year. and the Day Nama(Meat) flow like tap.
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
the Pharisee and Sadducee finally succeeded in upstaging the message of Christ

1 Like

Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Christmasdon(m): 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
.p
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by asalimpo(m): 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
Get over it and stop being a sadist. Even Jesus celebrates Christmas.
Every important day/event was commemorated by God in the bible.
End of Creation day (sabbath)
slaying of first borns of egypt and deliverance of the isrealites from egyptian bondage - (passover)
God's promise never to destroy the world by water (rainbow )
year of debt cancellation ( year of jubilee)
year when the Holy Spirit was sent to the church - (pentecost)

how much more the day the Saviour of mankind was born by a virgin - Angels sang in a field at night to the gaping astonishmnt of a few priviledged shepherds.
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
asalimpo:
Get over it and stop being a sadist. Even Jesus celebrates Christmas.
Every important day/event was commemorated by God in the bible.
End of Creation day (sabbath)
slaying of first borns of egypt and deliverance of the isrealites from egyptian bondage - (passover)
God's promise never to destroy the world by water (rainbow )
year of debt cancellation ( year of jubilee)
year when the Holy Spirit was sent to the church - (pentecost)

how much more the day the Saviour of mankind was born by a virgin - Angels sang in a field at night to the gaping astonishmnt of a few priviledged shepherds.
Penticost has been b4 the New Testament. Yes angels sang but the Angel that gives the sheperd the news did not told them to celebrate it nd moreover Christ never celebrate Christmas and if He does kindly show me where in the Scripture. On the night of departure of Christ Jesus He gave only one command "This is my body which is given for you. Do this in my rememberance" no issue of Christmas but only the Holy communion and again After His ressurection He command "Go yee into the world" still no christmas. Throughout the epistles no christmas but the Holy communion. Its disheartened to see Christains blinded by devil.
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2014
starlingleanets:
Penticost has been b4 the New Testament. Yes angels sang but the Angel that gives the sheperd the news did not told them to celebrate it nd moreover Christ never celebrate Christmas and if He does kindly show me where in the Scripture. On the night of departure of Christ Jesus He gave only one command "This is my body which is given for you. Do this in my rememberance" no issue of Christmas but only the Holy communion and again After His ressurection He command "Go yee into the world" still no christmas. Throughout the epistles no christmas but the Holy communion. Its disheartened to see Christains blinded by devil.
do u believe every thing Jesus said and did is in d bible?
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by prinzfavian(m): 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ubenedictus:
well it will be close to impossible to record every single thing He[Jesus] said and did while He was on earth,but if truly christmas celebration was right,important and necesary it should have been included among the 'things' mentioned in the scriptures that He said and did.
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ubenedictus:
"If all Jesus has done was to be written the world could not contain them all" Is that what u have in mind to quote? Those words of Jesus not written by the Four Gospels(Matthew,Luke,Mark nd John) have been supplied by the Holy Spirit in the epistles up to Revelation where He says "If you remove any word from this book of prophecy(the Bible) God will remove ur name from the Book of Life nd if u add to it God will add to ur life all the plague describe in this book of prophecy(the Bible). The Holy Spirit knows one day you will out of ignorance pick out that vs in John so He supply the Apostles with deep knowledge in the mystery of God.T
So Bro if u wanna go ahead and add to d Bible u can do so i'm not stopping u.

1 Like

Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
starlingleanets:
"If all Jesus has done was to be written the world could not contain them all" Is that what u have in mind to quote? Those words of Jesus not written by the Four Gospels(Matthew,Luke,Mark nd John) have been supplied by the Holy Spirit in the epistles up to Revelation where He says "If you remove any word from this book of prophecy(the Bible) God will remove ur name from the Book of Life nd if u add to it God will add to ur life all the plague describe in this book of prophecy(the Bible). The Holy Spirit knows one day you will out of ignorance pick out that vs in John so He supply the Apostles with deep knowledge in the mystery of God.T
no where does the bible say that thing Jesus said dat are not in d gospels are made up for in the epistle, lastly the curses found in revelation were used by john for d book of rev alone not d whole bible.
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
prinzfavian:

well it will be close to impossible to record every single thing He[Jesus] said and did while He was on earth,but if truly christmas celebration was right,important and necesary it should have been included among the 'things' mentioned in the scriptures that He said and did.
again nowhere does the bible say tha d things not recorded are d unimportant things, that is your own assumption
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ubenedictus:

no where does the bible say that thing Jesus said dat are not in d gospels are made up for in the epistle, lastly the curses found in revelation were used by john for d book of rev alone not d whole bible.
Wait till it come upon you. God says I'm the beginning and the End. And the word was God. So i tell u the Bible is complete since The Word was God and God is the beginning and the end. This is kinda higher than u but u will understand in due seasons
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Ubenedictus(m): 9:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
starlingleanets:
Wait till it come upon you. God says I'm the beginning and the End. And the word was God. So i tell u the Bible is complete since The Word was God and God is the beginning and the end. This is kinda higher than u but u will understand in due seasons
so you think d bible is equal to Jesus? Jesus is the Word that is God not d bible.
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ubenedictus:

so you think d bible is equal to Jesus? Jesus is the Word that is God not d bible.
I don't think bro.
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
starlingleanets:
I don't think bro.
He doesn't understand.. . My eyes were just opened. And i now I see how much devil has blindfolded christians away from the realities of the Bible to the custom of men. If only men can follow the God of the Bible....
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by psychologist(m): 12:38am On Dec 25, 2014
starlingleanets:
are u a member of saints community church?
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Tor4Hershman(m): 3:12am On Dec 25, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLGJXo8gshg
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dLGJXo8gshg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 25, 2014
psychologist:
are u a member of saints community church?
No,i'm not bro
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 25, 2014
Samakinr:

He doesn't understand.. . My eyes were just opened. And i now I see how much devil has blindfolded christians away from the realities of the Bible to the custom of men. If only men can follow the God of the Bible....
May the Lord fulfil his promise by making the deaf to hear the Word of Life and saying to those in prison come forth into light. Brother can we get to know each other.
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 25, 2014
starlingleanets:
May the Lord fulfil his promise by making the deaf to hear the Word of Life and saying to those in prison come forth into light. Brother can we get to know each other.
Amen. We can always email each other
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 25, 2014
Samakinr:

Amen. We can always email each other
Will be glad to receive soul lifting mail from you.
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by lastmessenger: 10:14am On Dec 25, 2014
op get inside your room, lock yourself up and pray for the salvation of all mankind.

1 Like

Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Ubenedictus(m): 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
starlingleanets:
I don't think bro.
so u may xplain ur previous comment
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
Ubenedictus:
so u may xplain ur previous comment
its crystal clear bro.
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by asalimpo(m): 7:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
starlingleanets:

fyi, God is big on commemorating important events.
Get into tht spirit,man.
Wen the earth was first created it was so glorious the angels burst out in rejoicing.
Wen Jesus was born - Angels sang- Angels are the first beings to celebrate christmas.
The exact birth day of Jesus Christ maynt b dec 25,but who cares,it's the day the body of Christ has unanimously agreed to set aside ponder and thank God for His gift to the world.
The attitude shouldnt be one of selfish surfeitng but sober and godly thankfulness.

Besides, why is it important to mark important events? because if we dont mark them,we'll forget about them and treat the event as ordinary. That's why God Himself taught mankind this principle of respect and commemoration. Commemoration refreshes the mind about an important event.

1 Like

Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 25, 2014
asalimpo:

fyi, God is big on commemorating important events.
Get into tht spirit,man.
Wen the earth was first created it was so glorious the angels burst out in rejoicing.
Wen Jesus was born - Angels sang- Angels are the first beings to celebrate christmas.
The exact birth day of Jesus Christ maynt b dec 25,but who cares,it's the day the body of Christ has unanimously agreed to set aside ponder and thank God for His gift to the world.
The attitude shouldnt be one of selfish surfeitng but sober and godly thankfulness.

Besides, why is it important to mark important events? because if we dont mark them,we'll forget about them and treat the event as ordinary. That's why God Himself taught mankind this principle of respect and commemoration. Commemoration refreshes the mind about an important event.
Body of Christ never agree to that bro u r mistaking dat for Catholic
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by asalimpo(m): 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
Does it hurt your spirit wen nations celebrate their day of independence?
Does it cripple you wen couples celebrate their wedding/marraige anniversary?

No bible verses support these?
Did Jesus use rollon, toothpick,
take a bath?
It's not in the bible?

Wen did Jesus go to bed-8pm or later?
Re: It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2014
asalimpo:
Does it hurt your spirit wen nations celebrate their day of independence?
Does it cripple you wen couples celebrate their wedding/marraige anniversary?

No bible verses support these?
Did Jesus use rollon, toothpick,
take a bath?
It's not in the bible?

Wen did Jesus go to bed-8pm or later?
Unless ur righteousness exceed those of pharisees(which is hypocrisy) you can never enter the Kingdom of God.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Dry Fasting / God Without Religion / How "Powerful" Nigerian Pastors Make Money Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.