Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

My Experience With Dry Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With Dry Fasting (1938 Views)

Nigerian Lady Who Embarked On A One Month Dry Fasting Finally Breaks It(video) / 46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo / What Would Be Left Of A Man After 21 Days Of Dry Fasting?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Dry Fasting by azammi(m): 12:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
First Experience
Forgive any error

I had a three days water fast , I was planning on going for a week but I could only last for three days. So I started first on Monday but the sweet smell of beans coming from the kitchen changed everything it was as if my sense of smell increased and I could now fully imagine how the food will taste on my tongue , it was bad if it was the devil working he was doing overtime cause my entire brain changed and the time was just after four . No blame me but I freestyle my third prayers ran into the kitchen my bro as almost shared all the beans but I found small in the pot and some kept for my sis (that one don’t like beans) so I ask her o she told me to take it I joined it with mine but what marveled me was that immediately I put that beans into my mouth I felt DIRTY I can’t explain it , like I was pure before and all of a sudden I became DIRTY and it was like also something left or was stolen from me but I can’t explain how , I regretted eaten the beans cause all throughout that day I felt like something was taken away or stolen from me.

Anyone with the kind of experience should please help me understand it . Posting about the three days fasting later

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:05pm On Feb 06, 2021
Don't be too hard on yourself.

If at first you don't succeed, try again.

God bless.
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Don't be too hard on yourself.

Lol.. you took the words right out my mouth. The guy is being too hard on himself.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 06, 2021
Op, you don't really need that feeling of guilt. stop the self condemnation and try it again. This time with determination and stay away from anywhere you are likely to get tempted.

If you see they are cooking and it's not yet time to break, go out or to church and pray away.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by judedwriter(m): 1:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
That's why I like to isolate myself when I am on a long fast. Temptations abound a lot when you fast living with much people.

When you break a fast prematurely, it's falling down during a 100 meters race. What do you do when that happens?

You dust yourself up and keep running.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by reubenobi(m): 1:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
CalliDora1:

Lol.. you took the words right out my mouth. The guy is being too hard on himself.
yea
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by reubenobi(m): 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2021
CalliDora1:
Op, you don't really need that feeling of guilt. stop the self condemnation and try it again. This time with determination and stay away from anywhere you are likely to get tempted.

If you see they are cooking and it's not yet time to break, go out or to church and pray away.
Temptation is everywhere!
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
[quote author=reubenobi post=98801501] Temptation is everywhere![/quote

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2021
First of all, fasting is stage by stage. You can't just jump into a 3 days water fast when you have not been fasting for long before. Let me tell you the history of my fasting.

I am a food lover, like I don't joke with food and God knew it, I'm not sure I have ever fasted since I was born, when I became a born again, I said I will be fasting once in a month, then it will be 12am-1pm dry fasting, that day was hard, very hard for me, but I was determined, I finished the fasting by 1pm, my throat was parched, I even had sore throat, I coughed all through that evening. It didnt stop me, I kept doing fasting and breaking it by 1pm, I was training my body to get used to fasting.

Then as time went on, I moved to breaking my fasting by 3pm. Then I was even taking water during the fast, just small water. I did it for long, I even did 1week breaking by 3pm, this time without water. My body has already adjusted to dry fasting.

Then I moved to breaking my fast by 6pm, without taking any water. That is what I do now.

I have not done 3 days water fasting, but I will do it in the future when I'm ready.

Don't be too hard on yourself, do the fasting your body can carry, its better you break your fast by 3pm and do the fasting successfully, than for you to plan a 3 days fast and break it when its not time, its bad.

I personally know my body can't carry 3 days dry fasting for now, I know and when people say they do it, I tell them you guys are trying but for now I am not able to, Does it mean I won't grow spiritually? No it doesn't. You intention matters.

Life is stage by stage, same with spiritual things.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
judedwriter:
That's why I like to isolate myself when I am on a long fast. Temptations abound a lot when you fast living with much people.

When you break a fast prematurely, it's falling down during a 100 meters race. What do you do when that happens?

You dust yourself up and keep running.
The guy is not determined, if he is determined, he won't even bother about the food, I have prepared two different meal during fasting and I served the meal to my family, it didnt enter my mouth, I didnt even taste the food when preparing it but it came out delicious wink, they didnt even know I was fasting.

One needs to be determined when it comes to the things of God.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by azammi(m): 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2021
Nuttella:
First of all, fasting is stage by stage. You can't just jump into a 3 days water fast when you have not been fasting for long before. Let me tell you the history of my fasting.

I am a food lover, like I don't joke with food and God knew it, I'm not sure I have ever fasted since I was born, when I became a born again, I said I will be fasting once in a month, then it will be 12am-1pm dry fasting, that day was hard, very hard for me, but I was determined, I finished the fasting by 1pm, my throat was parched, I even had sore throat, I coughed all through that evening. It didnt stop me, I kept doing fasting and breaking it by 1pm, I was training my body to get used to fasting.

Then as time went on, I moved to breaking my fasting by 3pm. Then I was even taking water during the fast, just small water. I did it for long, I even did 1week breaking by 3pm, this time without water. My body has already adjusted to dry fasting.

Then I moved to breaking my fast by 6pm, without taking any water. That is what I do now.

I have not done 3 days water fasting, but I will do it in the future when I'm ready.

Don't be too hard on yourself, do the fasting your body can carry, its better you break your fast by 3pm and do the fasting successfully, than for you to plan a 3 days fast and break it when its not time, its bad.

I personally know my body can't carry 3 days dry fasting for now, I know and when people say they do it, I tell them you guys are trying but for now I am not able to, Does it mean I won't grow spiritually? No it doesn't. You intention matters.

Life is stage by stage, same with spiritual things.
I’ve done 3days fasting without water twice , I started with a full day without water but I wanted to go for a week water fasting I don’t know why it was different this time it was like there was something in the food
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2021
azammi:
I’ve done 3days fasting without water twice , I started with a full day without water but I wanted to go for a week water fasting I don’t know why it was different this time it was like there was something in the food
You were not determined this time. I remember when I was doing a 3 days dry fasting to break by 6pm. I sang lots of songs and prayed throughout that day, then I slept and woke up, my throat was parched, it was already 4pm, devil was now telling me to go and take a sip of water, just a sip, I resisted the devil and waited till 6:01pm.
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by judedwriter(m): 3:13pm On Feb 06, 2021
Nuttella:
The guy is not determined, if he is determined, he won't even bother about the food, I have prepared two different meal during fasting and I served the meal to my family, it didnt enter my mouth, I didnt even taste the food when preparing it but it came out delicious wink, they didnt even know I was fasting.

One needs to be determined when it comes to the things of God.

Hmmm... You are strong oooo....

As for me, I don't like being around food when I'm fasting grin
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by Nephilim: 3:35pm On Feb 06, 2021
When you fast, do you just fast? There must be a reason why you fast and there your mind should be!

I'm not good with fasting, but even with the little I do, revelations abound and answers are poured out from the heavens.

I've only done a day dry fast and I couldn't even sleep throughout that day lolz!

Let your mind be grounded on the reason you fast, if not, gladly enjoy your food.

The best fasting is to give your food to the hungry, help the needy and render help to those you can assist.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
judedwriter:

Hmmm... You are strong oooo....

As for me, I don't like being around food when I'm fasting grin
Food plenty for my house, so if you are in my house that means you won't fast, that's how they use food and spoil me.

The only temptation I have during fasting is water. I avoid water eh, that's why I'm not sure I can do 3 days dry. I get thirsty easily.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by abidoye21722: 5:16pm On Feb 06, 2021
[quote author=reubenobi post=98801501] Temptation is everywhere![/quote..
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:10pm On Feb 06, 2021
CalliDora1:

Lol!

Ironically after fasting for forty days, it's almost like the reverse case for me. Like the temptation is now fasting, as i'm tempted not to put something into my mouth, as if I'm doing something wrong, even though i've stopped fasting.

The body seems to adapt to fasting after one has engaged in it for a long while.

God bless.
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2021
azammi:
It's not by might or power but by the Spirit of God.

After I had accomplished a 9 days 8 night dry fast under harsh conditions, I couldn't even complete a 3-day dry fast for a long while.

So it's God's Spirit that gives one the ability to accomplish such. That's how those who fasted for forty days dry were able to accomplish it. It's by the Spirit of God.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by obonujoker(m): 6:41pm On Feb 06, 2021
Why are you doing the dry fast??

Do you want to prove a point or what?
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Lol!

Ironically after fasting for forty days, it's almost like the reverse case for me. Like the temptation is now fasting, as i'm tempted not to put something into my mouth, as if I'm doing something wrong, even though i've stopped fasting.

The body seems to adapt to fasting after one has engaged in it for a long while.

God bless.

Wow .. really? Interesting.

What happens to me is, after fasting has ended, I forget to eat until it's break time. It goes on for a while until I gradually re-adjust to the normal eating pattern again.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by MightySparrow: 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2021
Master the three days first about two or three times, the four days, five to seven. The hardest day is second.
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by azammi(m): 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
It's not by might or power but by the Spirit of God.

After I had accomplished an 9 days 8 night dry fast under harsh conditions, I couldn't even complete a 3-day dry fast for a long while.

So it's God's Spirit that gives one the ability to accomplish such. That's how those who fasted for forty days dry were able to accomplish it. It's by the Spirit of God.

God bless.
that’s true , thanks sir

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by Image123(m): 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2021
Why are you fasting in the first place? Fasting for show is just for show. Don't forget what Jesus said about fasting. What will it profit a man if he fast 100days and does not get what he is expected to simply get as a promise of God without even fasting? Don't expose yourself unnecessary to satanic manipulations and deceit.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by CodeTemplar: 10:33pm On Feb 06, 2021
Does the length of food interval in fast makes it more effective? I thought it was a day to pray an draw near God.
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:39am On Feb 07, 2021
CalliDora1:

Wow .. really? Interesting.

What happens to me is, after fasting has ended, I forget to eat until it's break time. It goes on for a while until I gradually re-adjust to the normal eating pattern again.

It is well.
That's exactly my point. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:17am On Feb 07, 2021
azammi:
that’s true , thanks sir
God bless you bro.
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by shadeyinka(m): 7:17am On Feb 07, 2021
azammi:
First Experience
Forgive any error

I had a three days water fast , I was planning on going for a week but I could only last for three days. So I started first on Monday but the sweet smell of beans coming from the kitchen changed everything it was as if my sense of smell increased and I could now fully imagine how the food will taste on my tongue , it was bad if it was the devil working he was doing overtime cause my entire brain changed and the time was just after four . No blame me but I freestyle my third prayers ran into the kitchen my bro as almost shared all the beans but I found small in the pot and some kept for my sis (that one don’t like beans) so I ask her o she told me to take it I joined it with mine but what marveled me was that immediately I put that beans into my mouth I felt DIRTY I can’t explain it , like I was pure before and all of a sudden I became DIRTY and it was like also something left or was stolen from me but I can’t explain how , I regretted eaten the beans cause all throughout that day I felt like something was taken away or stolen from me.

Anyone with the kind of experience should please help me understand it . Posting about the three days fasting later

We fast not because of God but because of ourselves. God doesn't gain anything because of our fast: we do.

Why are you fasting?
Did you set a time frame?

Tit 1:15:
"To the pure all things are pure: but to them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled."

Don't judge yourself, work on your discipline!
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by azammi(m): 10:40pm On Feb 09, 2021
azammi:
First Experience
Forgive any error

Just finished the 3days fast it was amazing . I intended on going on a 7days but I could not , well I guess I would take this slow

Day 1: was good I almost ate but I said no to the food which was amazing
Day 2: The morning was good but when it was getting to afternoon i was getting weaker even the water did nothing. There’s something I noticed (I don’t know if it as happened to anyone here if yes pls share ) I had this joy unexplainable inside me it’s not because I was fasting , I’ve fasted before but never experienced this , the joy was too much , it was as if I was on drugs(it reminded me of when I took T.M , a long time ago) .
The second thing I noticed: they is this thing that I’ve been praying for a while now, I noticed anytime I start to pray about it I have this strong feeling that the prayer is already answered , it happened like twice and on that particular prayer .

Day3 : was very weak wanted to pray slept off while praying, woke up prayed but really really weak.
The fasting was great thank all of you for your advice , GOD bless

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:25am On Feb 10, 2021
azammi:
Just finished the 3days fast it was amazing . I intended on going on a 7days but I could not , well I guess I would take this slow

Day 1: was good I almost ate but I said no to the food which was amazing
Day 2: The morning was good but when it was getting to afternoon i was getting weaker even the water did nothing. There’s something I noticed (I don’t know if it as happened to anyone here if yes pls share ) I had this joy unexplainable inside me it’s not because I was fasting , I’ve fasted before but never experienced this , the joy was too much , it was as if I was on drugs(it reminded me of when I took T.M , a long time ago) .
The second thing I noticed: they is this thing that I’ve been praying for a while now, I noticed anytime I start to pray about it I have this strong feeling that the prayer is already answered , it happened like twice and on that particular prayer .

Day3 : was very weak wanted to pray slept off while praying, woke up prayed but really really weak.
The fasting was great thank all of you for your advice , GOD bless
Wow! Glory be to God.

What you experienced on the second day is the presence of God, and it's not because you were fasting but fasting helped to unlock that manifestation.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by azammi(m): 5:57am On Feb 10, 2021
Thanks sir , it was wonderful
jesusjnr2020:
Wow! Glory be to God.

What you experienced on the second day is the presence of God, and it's not because you were fasting but fasting helped to unlock that manifestation.

God bless.
Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:42am On Feb 10, 2021
azammi:
Thanks sir , it was wonderful
Thank God bro.

That's only the beginning. Expect that experience to keep rising as you continue seeking the Face of God.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dry Fasting by Jeromejnr(m): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2021
You wanted to do dry fast for 1 week?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Baptist Student Fellowship"lsbsf" / The Doom Of Atheists!! / Can Muslims Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.