Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,044 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 (27009 Views)

Best And Fast Android Browsers This 2016 / Best 10 Android Phones Below 25K This Festive Season / The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by ameer2: 7:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
Dolphin is d best cos it's a combination of all d browsers above...it has evrytin...it s just too perfect.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Karleb(m): 7:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
ameer2:
Dolphin is d best cos it's a combination of all d browsers above...it has evrytin...it s just too perfect.

Here comes someone who hasn't used Uc browser.

OP, I endorse you post. 100% correct! cool

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by obaayo2: 7:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
ritababe:
Start downloading them........
waste of data...download uc browser and firefox only
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by ritababe(f): 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
obaayo2:
waste of data...download uc browser and firefox only

I have them, i want just try dolphin
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Valentinooo: 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
ritababe:
Start downloading them........
all shocked
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by ritababe(f): 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2014
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by realtem(m): 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
“Ucbrowser HD“ is the best. Even better than “Ucbrowser“
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by philfearon(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2014
ameer2:
UC Mini is the Best Browser!!
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by okotv(m): 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2014
opera and uc all the way
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by ify84(m): 8:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
How do I or, can I put my opera on night mode, it's in uc Web..... So that d screen will be dark.
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by pelboy: 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
Chrome is the best
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by dominique(f): 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2014
liljboy:
you are so on point..... for me opera is the best for browsing..... smooth navigation..
. smooth usage..... good and snapy images but for downloads, its UC

Its really annoying to browse this site on opera. You can't click on a smiley, quote or change colour without your post getting trippled. You can't view moving gifs unlike firefox.

I heard that on Uc, your download halts midway if you run out of data and continues once you have data. That's a very cool feature

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by liljboy(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2014
dominique:

Its really annoying to browse this site on opera. You can't click on a smiley, quote or change colour without your post getting trippled. You can't view moving gifs unlike firefox.

I heard that on Uc, your download halts midway if you run out of data and continues once you have data. That's a very cool feature
yea that's one thing I like about UC

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Mogten(m): 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2014
realtem:
“Ucbrowser HD“ is the best. Even better than “Ucbrowser“
its a very good browser and is smooth both in browsing and download. The problem I had with UC HD was, its download isn't as stable as UC browser's, had to uninstall it for the sole reason. This may though be a network issue.
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by dominique(f): 10:00pm On Dec 24, 2014
liljboy:
yea that's one thing I like about UC

Then I gats to get the browser. But I'm sooo comfy with firefox, it won't be easy to switch.
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
As for browsing I perfer opera mini because of the graphics, browsing sites like Goal.com or Lindaikeji opera mini does it for me better than Ucweb but as for downloading na ucweb for sure

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by henryobinna(m): 3:22am On Dec 25, 2014
dominique:

@bold, opera doesn't have full support for javascript content or animations, that's why.
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Valentinooo: 7:46am On Dec 25, 2014
Puffin browser making sense. @op thanks for that recommendation
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by liljboy(m): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2014
dominique:

Then I gats to get the browser. But I'm sooo comfy with firefox, it won't be easy to switch.
I like opera for browsing tho
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Okaka27(m): 11:35am On Dec 25, 2014
UC has, will and will always be no.1

Fanatastic piece of app

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Okaka27(m): 11:36am On Dec 25, 2014
UC browser has, is and will always be no.1

Fantastic piece of app
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Dreyl(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
Nice!
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by abatically(m): 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2014
No matter how u put it, chrome is still the best all round browser for android. Might not be as rich and might lack features on other browsers but talk about overall functionality, chrome is the best.
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by iamnazmul: 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
Mogten:
Disclaimer: Rating is done based on my experience using the mentioned browsers both for browsing and download. Browsing speed, browser interface and fluidity also play a factor. Browser descriptions on the other hand is a mix of collections from various sites and ones done by me.

10. Opera for android

Opera is one of the stalwarts of the mobile-browsing sphere. Indeed it’s a dependable, uber-popular browser, with a few tricks up its proverbial sleeves, as it seeks to set itself apart from the pack.

For example, ‘Off-Road’ mode taps the same compression technology as its little brother, Opera Mini (see below), to expedite page-loads when your Internet connection is patchy, or when you’re using a lower-end device. Of course, this will preclude many modern Web features from working, but there’s always going to be a trade-off in such situations.

Then there’s the neat ‘Speed Dial’ feature, which is worth a mention too.

The high point of opera for me, is its off road feature which is capable of saving up to 75% data. It has helped a lot whenever I wasn't having much bandwidths and has saved my browsing life. Its low point on the other hand is its unreliability in download... As downloads occasionally pause and require one to manually restart them. More so, there's a chance files might not download at all.

9. Firefox

Similar to Chrome, Mozilla’s Firefox browser lets you sync up all your data and preferences, including bookmarks, passwords, history, open tabs and add-ons. It works across devices, including your desktop, so this is a big win for Firefox.

Moreover, Firefox still provides support for Flash for those with Flash installed on their device. As with Chrome, Firefox is WebRTC-enabled for the future and it has long-provided add-ons and extensions to help enhance your mobile browsing.

The high point of Firefox is that you do not miss key browsing features of your laptop/computer at all. The down side is, it consumes too much data. Too expensive for someone who's bandwidth conscious!

I would place Google Chrome in the first place and then UC Browser for Android.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2014
iliyande:

Best browser in my opinion. Very light, very simple, xtra fast and most of all very secured. It alert you on malicious website. I uninstalled my chrome and Firefox for this browser. I am not thinking of going back to those heavy and and space occupiers browsers. cm security and cm browser my best for now.
a million likes for you. it's CM browser for me anytime, anyday,

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Almadny(m): 7:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
Ucbrowser is da best, just go to addons and download web2pdf,savepage, etc and enjoy surfing at its best
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 25, 2014
jiggar:

Download savepage addon and you can easily save pages and view them later.
firefox can save directly as PDF
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
pelboy:
Chrome is the best
to me chrome consumes more data compared to firefox
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Evathyst(f): 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
dominique:
I don't know half of the browsers listed up there embarassed
Opera and Chrome are such boring browsers, Firefox is it for me. But I need to try out this UC browser, I'm yet to get a negative opinion on it, except that it's more data consuming.
Exactly! I use firefox as well. And to me, it's second to none. It's browsing experience is awesome, downloading too is fast. Dt it consumes data is wat I'm yet to come to terms with.
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by tdayof(m): 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
I prefer my phone browser tongue then Uc
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
Apart from Uc browser, any of these browsers with cloud download feature?
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by 3kay945(m): 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2014
Since I started using android phone, Ucweb has been my favorite. Though i have dolphin as option B.
Now I notice my ucweb dragging it feet to open site.
Any other browser come close to ucweb function as in night mood and ability to retain pages without reloading? These are capabilities I desire in other browser.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Whatsapp+ Can Do.... GBBM Can Do Too - And Much More / 12 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Been Cheated By A Network Provider / Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.