Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 (27007 Views)

Best And Fast Android Browsers This 2016 / Best 10 Android Phones Below 25K This Festive Season / The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by kendrick9(m): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2014
Ucbrowser is the best when it comes to downloads but i don't lyk using uc browser for browsing. Opera is the best for browsing but the downloading is trash.. opera doesn't download large files

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 31, 2014
Chrome browser on seventh, this ranking is a joke.

I use ucbrowser the most but it's maximum ten tabs annoys me, I open more than 20 tabs on Google Chrome, plus Google Chrome seamless sync with my laptop by just logging into my Gmail, I can continue where I stopped on my laptop.

Chrome should be second if not first, ucbrowser's downloads is what makes it stand out.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by ireneony(f): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ucbrowser for windows phones is the best
..team Lumia
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Galadimabawa: 12:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
That uc is d one am using, so Simple to use, d best out of them
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Bilabong(m): 12:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
jiggar:

Download savepage addon and you can easily save pages and view them later.
please hw do I go about it?
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Adiwana: 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
Mogten:
2. Dolphin

Dolphin is one of the oldest and most-popular third-party browsers for Android – indeed, it claims more than eighty million downloads, which isn’t to be sniffed at. Dolphin is a genuinely beautiful Android browser.

Dolphin offers a similar speed dial-style visual bookmarker to that of Opera, and it’s easy to switch between tabs. On that point, Dolphin was one of the earliest browsers to enable tabbed-browsing on Android. So there you go.

But where Dolphin sets itself a part is via the neat little pop-up menu that serves up a number of options – one of which is based around the notion of gestures. You simply draw a gesture on the screen, for example an ‘F-shape’, and associate that shape with a particular URL or browser action, and you will be able to initiate that action by using that gesture.

In adition to gestures, ‘Sonar’ mode lets you use yourvoice to search the Web, while a tonne of add-ons lets you enhance the browser. This includes extensions such as Dolphin Reader, which strips out the junk and brings a Firefox-style reading mode to your device.
Dolphin also has multiple themes and is updated regularly.

Dolphin is my traditional browser due to its being light and fast. Very simple, yet, efficient.
The down point for me is that my download sometimes fail at near completion, which is a pain whenever I'm low on data.

1. UC Browser

King of the lot!

Many of the best Android browsers come with theme support but UC Browser for Android allows you to use your own photos as a theme.

UC spots a sleek-looking interface with easy access to everything. Features tabbed based browsing and an Incognito mode for sneaky browsing.

UC is reliable both in browsing and in downloading, whether large or small files.

It offers a simple interface but with all the necessary benefits to enjoy a satisfactory browsing.

Among the most significant benefits of the browser you will find: the 'move' control to use different functions of the application making movements on the screen, the possibility to quickly change from one tab to another or the one that allows you to search for anything through voice command.

Apart from this, UC Browser offers a night mode so you can browse on the internet without light and without your eyes getting annoyed in the process, something really common when you want to search for something during the night.

WORTH A MENTION:

Next Browser

Baidu Browser

Lightning Browser

One Browser

UC Browser HD.

i dont know much abt other browsers cos i started using UCweb rite frm Version6 or so in java phone&i enjoy it.you can download much as possible.the most outstanding feature is downloading..you could pause your download or even exit without pausing and still your file is intact..you could also download offline..exit your browser to save Battery and your file could still download.it also helps in minimizing data usage&the browser has 3G,so even if you use Edge/gprs,its relatively fast..with your 4G on,you could download 3mb file in 5-6secs depending on network..you can read pdf files online using uc.can switch to night mode to read very well at night.i luv using it to chat on facebook.gives me pc version of facebook
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by idowu4life87(m): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
UC Browser does it for me, you can play virtually all type of videos , even downloads.
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by sarutobie(m): 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
used them all..but I still find myself coming back to operamini, it's simplicity and layout is just classic..ucweb is best for large file downloads...but for that total browsing experience, chrome it is...

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Adiwana: 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
Promhize:
Chrome browser on seventh, this ranking is a joke.

I use ucbrowser the most but it's maximum ten tabs annoys me, I open more than 20 tabs on Google Chrome, plus Google Chrome seamless sync with my laptop by just logging into my Gmail, I can continue where I stopped on my laptop.

Chrome should be second if not first, ucbrowser's downloads is what makes it stand out.

O'boy,wetin you dey find for 20tabs..to me 10-12 tabs is more than enough&you can also Sync with Uc on your Laptop
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Adiwana: 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
Valentinooo:
nice compilation especially that Uc browser. that browser too strong even on Java phones. But I'm still looking for a browser that will always bring the PC version of every site whenever I enter.

Uc does it..check in settings..not with my Smartphone,i for don tell you where you will go to change the Interface
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by okeyfx(m): 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
I started using UC Browser in the java days, it was excellent!!!

I moved on to symbian, it was marvellous!!!!

I am now in android, it is still Fantastic!!!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by princeokpara(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
Wat of uc browser
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by wilyparker(m): 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
Valentinooo:

Thanks guys
please oh I can't find the add on to download the save page.... how did you do it?
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by jahbiz: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2014
All I wantd to see on the list is UC

browser.

UC is the best for downloading, saves meg and time.

Time to zoom outa thread.
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Leopantro: 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
for all those that use Chrome and Firefox, go to settings, app manager, click on Chrome or Firefox and check the total size of the app.
Woe unto you if you use them on tecno

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by lekkie073(m): 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
#team-ucbrowser....
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by fashrola(m): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
UC Browser the King of Browser

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Valentinooo: 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
wilyparker:
please oh I can't find the add on to download the save page.... how did you do it?
click on menu of UCWeb (those 3 horizontal lines) > click on add on > there is a place for adding new add on (that + in box). once you click, it will take you to the download page.

you will even see other add ons there like page to PDF
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by wilyparker(m): 1:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
Valentinooo:
click on menu of UCWeb (those 3 horizontal lines) > click on add on > there is a place for adding new add on (that + in box). once you click, it will take you to the download page.

you will even see other add ons there like page to PDF
I didn't see anything like add on just add bookmark
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by zion32(m): 1:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
I use to hate uc browser with passion but now it is my best, followed by Firefox and then chrome. Uc browser has totally takes the place of opera mini.
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by simdam500(m): 1:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
OK op but aside uc browser that has enough clip board space what other browser does
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by totoakins(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2014
uc and opera does it for me opera for normal browsing and uc for video or downloading or sites that are interactive
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Valentinooo: 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2014
wilyparker:
I didn't see anything like add on just add bookmark

See my screenshot below. Add on at the down left

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by wilyparker(m): 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
Valentinooo:

just found mine above but no option for save page.... what version are you using[img]
Valentinooo:

just found mine above but no option for save page.... what version are you using[/img]
Valentinooo:

just found mine above but no option for save page.... what version are you using

Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by pickabeau1: 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
Chrome new update is crap
Uninstalled it n using UC ...its OK
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Valentinooo: 2:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
wilyparker:
just found mine above but no option for save page.... what version are you using[img]just found mine above but no option for save page.... what version are you using[/img]just found mine above but no option for save page.... what version are you using
clik that + to download more add ons, at the download page you will see it.
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
Adiwana:

O'boy,wetin you dey find for 20tabs..to me 10-12 tabs is more than enough&you can also Sync with Uc on your Laptop

Yeah, you can sync with it but not as straightforward as Chrome plus it did not work when I switched phones.

20 is average to me
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by clevvermind(m): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
3kay945:

Am looking for that too. Its one of reasons ucweb stands out.
i heard that uc browser consumes much data compared to opera mini.
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by Rexyl(m): 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
Evathyst:
Exactly! I use firefox as well. And to me, it's second to none. It's browsing experience is awesome, downloading too is fast. Dt it consumes data is wat I'm yet to come to terms with.

AyodejiMcCarthy:

to me chrome consumes more data compared to firefox

imas:

a million likes for you. it's CM browser for me anytime, anyday,

iamnazmul:

I would place Google Chrome in the first place and then UC Browser for Android.

abatically:
No matter how u put it, chrome is still the best all round browser for android. Might not be as rich and might lack features on other browsers but talk about overall functionality, chrome is the best.

Which is the best of the listed best?
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by gbodimowo(m): 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
Valentinooo:
I don't think Uc browser has the Option of save page or am I the one not getting it

You are the one
Re: Top 10 Android Browsers 2014 by agbekoya(m): 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
My most preferred browser is the paid version of puffin browser mainly because of its amazing speed, embedded flash player and option of desktop view

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Whatsapp+ Can Do.... GBBM Can Do Too - And Much More / 12 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Been Cheated By A Network Provider / Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.