Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,360 members, 7,829,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? (8308 Views)

Office Romance... Advisable? / My Manager Sleeps With Our Female Colleague / How Healthy Is Office Romance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by Motee(f): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2005
Nothing bad as long as you are both single. (make sure you are both not breaking anyone's heart sha!)
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by Greatpeter(m): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2005
I don't think the relationship will last.
I know what I'm saying here.
If eventually both of you are knitted together by the nuts of love, its just a matter of time................................
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by Motee(f): 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2005
it works out for those who are not infatuated.
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by solo2(m): 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2005
If i see one in my office, nothing will stop me from not dating her,
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by matrix(m): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2005
Need some advice, I want to start some office romance..what are the procedures...
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by jogego(m): 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2005
I once dated a colleague. Or rather she dated me, cos she didd all the toasting and who was I to say no? I was actually leaving that job for another one so theere was no complications.

We did stay together for a while but after I discovered some stuff about her, it purely became physical on my part, not that she minded though. And I can confirm that all the stuff and wharreffa you have heard about calabar/ akwa ibom girls are damn right.They sure put you thru a wringer. But that isint a bbad thing

The memories..................
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by matrix(m): 7:40am On Jul 21, 2005
so what are the procedures for office toasting u experts
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by gina34(f): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2005
To be frank is not advisable. cos there are so many things involved here you can,t bear to see him or her talk to another girl or boyin the office without geting jealous.
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by hotangel2(f): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2005
I would...but i wouldn't wanna. If i realise i love the guy..i'd do it.
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by matrix(m): 3:25pm On Aug 09, 2005
WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES NOW!!
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by spicy4real(f): 1:01pm On Aug 17, 2005
i dont feel office romance is comfortable wit me because there will be no privacy,respect for each other ie among d couples involved because outsiders will like 2 know wats happening especially if theres a quarrel
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by jerryinka(m): 10:26am On Dec 02, 2005
guyz u're right there is nothing bad in having an affair with ur collegue in the same organisation .keep it up and pray for better future. smiley
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by jerryinka(m): 10:37am On Dec 02, 2005
"You are the fire that burns the passion within my soul."

"Love is the passion that u guys feel inside of ur hearts that u can't hide. u pretend to hide it, but it burns u more and more until the pain grows and grows and it never ends."

"Be patient wild eyes.Soon will come a storm to tame you.Let ur winds surround him. Match him fury and let fires reign.There is no escape.Nature means what he does
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by Aderonke(f): 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2005
if both parties are truly in love wit each other, they can go ahead, no pros.
but for me, i know fit do am, wetin!
i wont b free jare wink
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by christyne(f): 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2005
I dont think it is a right thing to do cos there's no how jealousy wont come up.As a lady/guy,there's no hw u wont have someone to admire u n for d fact dt u have a girl/guy there wont give u d free chance of interactin with others(since u wouldntwant him/her to be thinkin abt sth else.)So i believe one wont be free.
But for those dt can handle it well,success!!!
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by unleashit(m): 1:59am On Dec 08, 2005
one of the best adventures you can ever have.Company policy or no policy ,the most important thing is your modus operandi.if you want to date a colleague and enjoy the relationship,you have to plan your strategies;1.Don't date anybody that would kiss and tell
2.Don't change your attitude to-wards him/her at the office
3.Work out a code of communication while in the mist of other colleague
4.Don't question attachment to other colleagues.
for those looking for how to start it,my advise is that you should start by complementing.This way other colleagues wouldn't know especially in an organization with policy.Lunch is no go area,others would see your destination before you start. Good luck.
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by Aderonke(f): 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2005
@ unleashed_it

i love ur advice. its a good one. grin
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by otokx(m): 10:03am On Dec 17, 2005
please tread softly.
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by niniowo(f): 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2005
though it depends on the parties involved, but generally it shuold not be encouraged. There are bound to be frictions and stress for both parties. what happens if you are no longer interested in the person or you suspect someone else of being interested in your partner.
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by yummy(m): 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2006
a busy company would not allow it since both parties might loose concentration due to their private affairs. what if she annoys you and still you're supposed to work together. so many reasons it's not proper. but to be factual, love is love. anyone can fall in d situation helplessly
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by silver(m): 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2006
I DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG IN DATING A COLLEAGUE BUT IT HAS TO DO WITH MATURITY BECAUSE THE ORGANISATION MUST NOT SUFFER BECAUSE OF YOUR LOVE .IF YOU CAN HIDE YOUR EMOTIONS IN THE OFFICE ,I WOULD ADVICE YOU NOT TO BE INVOLVED IN IT
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by Chxta(m): 4:49pm On Jan 13, 2006
Noone seems to have asked this question... why can't a teacher marry his student? (In advance countries of course)

Because it is unethical. So is dating a colleague!
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by agxyz: 11:10am On Jan 16, 2006
Office romance as far as am concern shouldn't be encouraged, cos apart from bringing yourself low it also gives you a feeling of insecurity and all that. Especially if the relationship never work out eventually.....................then you'll feel used.
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by ALHAMBRA(m): 12:58pm On Jan 16, 2006
Woouh! Just wait a minute. I have been in a management position and saw what happened when you have a husband and a wife work in the same company. Bad things occur, sometimes.

Each person becomes preoccupied with the affairs of the other and leaves the company's business undone. Couples become too protective of each other on the job. What happens at home, good or bad, is prolonged at work. If they had a fight last night at home, they continue that at work. If they were teamed up to complete an assignment on the job, imagine what happens to the work at hand when one is not speaking to the other. Jealous partners spoil harmony on the job too. It is hard for some partners to watch other guys or women flirting with their best halves.

I am afraid, it is not that feasible for two individuals to fall in love on the job. There are issues affecting the company too that must be worked out before either says "I do".

With kind regards,

ALHAMBRA
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2006
deres nothing wrong in dating ur colleague as long as ur both single
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by runsaway: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2006
Office romance- fun but risky. In good taste its just best to avoid office romance.
What happens when it end in bad blood?
U r going to be putting ur job and ur colleagues in a very uncomfortable position. If u can help it don’t get involved with someone in ur office. Trust me, u don’t want to be the topic of everybody’s conversation.
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by Consultant(f): 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2006
I'm married to someone i met and dated at work.
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by kellorah: 2:42am On Jul 10, 2006
i wudnt date ma colleague, not even ma classmate!
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by kemulala(f): 2:44am On Jul 10, 2006
Well although there´s nothing wrong to date someone that you feel free and happy with. I think it wouldn´t be the best idea to date a colleague, why? because you are not going to have the chance to miss him you guys are going to see each other every day, and if the relationship doesn´t work out you will still have to see him, it can be a little difficult to deal with you know?
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by diyobdw(f): 8:02am On Jul 11, 2006
I try will do wel dating a collegue because i good with draw the lines and all!
if i have to see them after a break up no quams!
Join the moment while it last!
But no way it's going to overwrite my duties!
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by boladonas(m): 7:24am On Nov 17, 2006
Its all about acting and covering ur tracks very well!!!!!!!!
Office romance energises work, increase productivity and helps to work late hmnnnnnn
u dress exceptionally well expecting hmnnnnnnnnn the compliments, on d phone dat is!
, d phone bitsoh i remember the codes 143, the expectations and the feeling that love is always close
the secret text messages and notes, the early morning smiles and chuckles,
the late night's good bye kisses, the roses and flowers,
and when u travel for training and cobferences ,,,,,,,,,,,,its honeymoon paid for by the company ,
u behave nicely knowing ur babe is around
no flying off d handle or office conflicts, theres always a check
u re always well taken care of and u get mystery gifts ,
give it a trial , its worth experiencing but draw the boundaries,
no long thing in d office toilet, I am for ofice romance anyday
all d best
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by choco4life(m): 3:53am On Nov 19, 2006
hell no,
why u shud do u date someone and tryin to hide?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Do Banks Pay Corpers & Entry-Level Employees? / Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. / Improve Your Career By Becoming A Better Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.