Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,356 members, 7,829,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? (8307 Views)

Office Romance... Advisable? / My Manager Sleeps With Our Female Colleague / How Healthy Is Office Romance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by chinedum: 4:38pm On Nov 20, 2006
Don't try it!
I once tried it and lost all I had as dignity. I was so much respected at my work place. My superiors even consulted me b/4 taking decisions. Until I dated a Youth Corps member serving in my office. The guy on the other seat, another corps member was her man. And she would lure me to follow her to her appartment since I was living far from our work place. This guy would come lurking.
One of her fellow corps members revealed the secrete to me. She told me of the plans the guy had with her friends to corner me on one of those visits and bath me with blows.
I mellowed to find out the truth. Eventually, I discovered they were realy going out and thus hung the relationship. That was my greatest mistake as this girl insulted me both on and off the office.
I had to resign my job.
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by MAYORIN1(m): 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2007
Keep off it - that a bad thing to do
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by abstarr(m): 5:37pm On Apr 05, 2007
men chinedum, ya own ruff oh!!!
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by spoilt(f): 4:55am On May 22, 2007
i did. i married him. grin
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by Vernor(m): 8:57am On May 25, 2007
I want have d experience ooo pls everybodi wish me success now haba wetin!!!!!
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by Lape(f): 11:50am On May 28, 2007
I'm in a dilenma! I caught the fancy of a colleague at work- but we're both married with kids. I tried once to break the duo, but we found ourselves stuck again. The Org. is really strict about such relationships, but we can't seem to stay away. Pls advice, How do i break off? I really want to cos i feel so sad about the whole thing cry
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by brownbaby(f): 12:40pm On May 28, 2007
@Unleach-it

@boladonas

You guys sure knows the rules, ride on brothers.

@ Lape

Pls watch it you are married wink
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by Nobody: 12:40am On May 29, 2007
@lape

transfer to a diffrent dept or branch

think and plan to MOVE.
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by outlaws(m): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2008
cool

Nothing is wrong with it just have to play it cool
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by kristos(m): 12:53pm On Mar 16, 2009
dating your colleague is not advisable from a professional point of view, as earlier posters have advocated, personal issues are are bound to be brought into the workplace thereby lowering productivity. It also brings distractions to the parties involved.
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by blacksta(m): 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2009
This one is just lust
Re: Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? by iGary: 4:05pm On Jan 27, 2013
73. kristos(m): Quote Post
dating your colleague is not advisable from a professional point of view, as earlier posters have advocated, personal issues are are bound to be brought into the workplace thereby lowering productivity. It also brings distractions to the parties involved.

No try am, never has a good ending

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Do Banks Pay Corpers & Entry-Level Employees? / Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. / Improve Your Career By Becoming A Better Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.