Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Office Romance... Advisable? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Office Romance... Advisable? (624 Views)

Which Course Is Advisable To Study For Msc As A Physics Graduate? / Is It Advisable Getting Close To My Landlord / Is It Advisable To Inform My Boss About My Intention Of Starting M.sc Programme? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Office Romance... Advisable? by aprokomania(m): 8:50pm On Mar 02, 2016
If you have been working in a corporate firm, you must have come across this rule which is very common in organizations now, barring all forms of romantic attachments between their workers. In some cases, this ban extends beyond romantic attachments and expressly forbidden spouses from working in the same company.
Perhaps you are considering pursuing a relationship with a colleague of yours, or you are already in one. In either case, there are some basic points which I shall now highlight, and which you would do well to take into consideration.
First, your immediate concern at this stage would be to consider just how much an intra office romance would affect your job performance. In this case, would your better half be a source of distraction to you performing the duties you were hired for. This is very much more noticeable when both of you are working either in the same department or very close to each other. If your romance is going to affect your productivity, you risk being retrenched, a steep price to pay for your bidding office relationship.
In addition, there have been rampant cases of people who have engaged in a romantic relationship with their superiors at work to gain favours, or as a means to climb the corporate ladder. Where these needs are not met, such people have been reported to resort to cheap blackmail by claiming and filing for sexual harassment. You should consider the possibility of this happening to you also. While you may be cleared of all charges, allegations of sexual misconduct may not look to good on your office records.
Furthermore, in a case where a superior engages in a relationship with the workers, such a superior officer may find it extremely difficult enforcing rules especially when it is needed. This will lead to a break down of discipline in the organisation, costing the company money, as well as loss of man hours.
On the plus side however, if you are dating someone from your office, you will find d out that your dates will not be boring as you will have a common ground to relate to when talking and playing catch up.
So there you have it. It is obvious that there are pros and cons of office romance. The basic bottom line is to consider them both properly before plunging into the office dating pool.
www.hoomadeit.com/2016/03/office-romance-advisable.html?m=1
Re: Office Romance... Advisable? by kilode100(f): 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2016
Office romance can sweet, especially when you are dating the boss... Trust me, I know!

I dated and married my boss, I was the reigning Queen.. People licked my ass repeatedly.. Infact eh, I Love office romance.

The impromptu sex on the sofas and tables lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

But After marriage, the bastard became boring..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Office Romance... Advisable? by pamellla(f): 9:32pm On Mar 02, 2016
ts a NO! NO!!!! for me
Re: Office Romance... Advisable? by aprokomania(m): 12:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
kilode100:
Office romance can sweet, especially when you are dating the boss... Trust me, I know!

I dated and married my boss, I was the reigning Queen.. People licked my ass repeatedly.. Infact eh, I Love office romance.

The impromptu sex on the sofas and tables lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

But After marriage, the bastard became boring..
Jesus

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Customer Service Training / Are You Tired Of Finishing Your Salary Before "Payday"?or Borrowing For Friends? / House Rent Around Agric Or Ikorodu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.