Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion (16307 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by Smooyis(m): 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2014
Aprime:
I ask again; Is Oyakhilome still a pastor?
What a silly question? Is it because of his family problems? Am not a member of his church, but i know that every servant of God has one problem or the other to contend with. Its like a thorn in their flesh. His wife case may be his own thorn. But i know the grace of God is sufficient for him just like Paul apostle!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by farem: 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]
kelvine:
I knew this would make front page making me first to comment. Here I am modifying my response but then my personal belief forbids me from expressing my opinion on the case in question,it is not in my place to celebrate or condemn the lapses in any ministry. The lesson for us Christians is to know God personally so that the ''errors'' of our mentors or spiritual leaders won't make us fall short of God's glory.

Merry Christmas Nairalanders.

Holy Spirit does not rejoice at the error of fall or any man. Keep it up, it's spiritually uplifting and edifying.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by cococandy(f): 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
Not just a bad husband. A criminal too. Tax evasion is a crime that earns prison sentence. He's lucky he's doing that in Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
kelvine:
I knew this would make front page making me first to comment. Here I am modifying my response but then my personal belief forbids me from expressing my opinion on the case in question,it is not in my place to celebrate or condemn the lapses in any ministry. The lesson for us Christians is to know God personally so that the ''errors'' of our mentors or spiritual leaders won't make us fall short of God's glory.

Merry Christmas Nairalanders.
I wish you more turkeys for your xmas for such an honest post.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by kelvine(m): 9:06pm On Dec 24, 2014
dhtml18:

I wish you more turkeys for your xmas for such an honest post.

Same to you brother
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by corruptst(m): 9:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
onitshaigbo:
"TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED!" - GOD ALMIGHTY

This government is inviting disasters on itself.
Seems u r clueless in ur defence. Even Jesus paid taxes. And for ur information, it's spelt "anointed".

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
Beasts of no gender !!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by goodjack(m): 10:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
otiigba1:
Rubbish talk
Otiigba abeg park well. I know say na ur pastor. He fried his hair you plated your own. Go start ur own church ok
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by Dragonking: 10:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
PHIPEX:
This is a bit funny. Since Oyakilome preaches tithe, where does he expect these workers that have not been paid since June to get their tithe from. If any of these workers is his member, has such a person sinned if he failed to pay tithe?

A very good question..@gombs, come and answer question for your demi-god.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by Dragonking: 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2014
cococandy:
Not just a bad husband. A criminal too. Tax evasion is a crime that earns prison sentence. He's lucky he's doing that in Nigeria .

True..Wesley snipes got arrested and jailed 2years for evading tax but this is naija were every religious person is a brainwashed zombie programmed to worship the pastor and not God so he will walk free.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by lohresloco: 12:21am On Dec 25, 2014
I am surprised, APC e-goats never blame Goodluck Jonathan for this one yet. Bunch of tired , unintuitive idiots
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by theV0ice: 12:35am On Dec 25, 2014
lohresloco:
I am surprised, APC e-goats never blame Goodluck Jonathan for this one yet. Bunch of tired , unintuitive idiots

I'm surprised PDP saTANists never blame GMB for the devourer that stopped Chris from meeting up his tax obligations.

May God deliver you from the bile and bitterness you store in your system because of Buhari and APC. You even brought your anger to this totally neutral and unrelated thread. You better get a life before you get a stroke.

Pathetic Psychiatric case

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by Beey(f): 1:04am On Dec 25, 2014
onitshaigbo:

Mark 12:17 " Then Jesus said, Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and to God what is God's." It's Biblical to abide by the laws of the land according to Jesus & I believe pastors are not exempt.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by LeSaint(m): 5:24am On Dec 25, 2014
onitshaigbo:

Far be it from me to insult, so let me just describe a;

Genus: capra
Species: hircus
Notable feature: long beard
grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by Nmeri17: 6:48am On Dec 25, 2014
Aprime:
I ask again; Is Oyakhilome still a pastor?

noo o!! he now runs a barbing saloon cool
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by vooks: 10:37am On Dec 25, 2014
PastorKun,
There is a thread Strange Fire by Winsomex. I wish you participated in it.

I never said you were mocking, and as I said, I would treat any business failure by the church as the. Downside risk of investing. If you don't want to lose your money, open a fixed deposit. But even there, inflation will outstrip the peanuts they pay you.

But you need to appreciate that most of these church business are hubris and not thought out. To rope members in, they claim they are divine,inspired or something. Since nobody wants to miss out on God's vision,they jump in.

Is there an excuse for this epic fail? I can hazard some.

1. God 'broke the camp' because it was time to 'move' to something else

2. 'All things work together for good'. ALL things include those that contradict your core doctrines

3. We look to scriptures and not men for doctrines. But the same gang have no qualms reminding you how he once gave an offering of USD $1M

4. They will deny all that and claim that they are rumours by his detractors. They denied divorce rumors for over 4 years

5. They will remind you of the millions of Rhapsodies Oyaks is distributing per annum in dozens of languages and how many he is reaching and challenge you to do that BEFORE you can comment

6. They will blame a faceless low level manager/pasta for lapse of judgement, separating CE from this PR disaster

One of the reasons MANY church businesses fail is because of the fact that the pastors contribute so little so they tend to have an above average risk appetite or they are plain ignorant of basic business principles.
The other reason is they are based on vanity, to stroke the head pastor's ego, he needs a publishing firm,books,tv station.....
PastorKun:

I am not mocking the business failure per se, it's the fraud of "devourer being rebuked" doctrine that Oyaks regularly preaches that I am trying to point out here. If it was an ordinary church member that was having business challenges, they would say it's because he was not tithing faithfully. The joke is now on oyaks. grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by lastmessenger: 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
nickydof:
The pastor might not be aware of this development. Right thinking, get across to him and I am sure the issues will be resolved. For those raining abuses on the paster, remember that even when king soul in the scriptures derailed, david still gave him the honour. Watch your mouths!!!!
See your thought is too poor for my liking.How can someone who owns a corporation not know that he has not been paying his workers for ten months?
If you want to defend Chris just say that the news is false and that will make more meaning.
On the abuse on Chris, you are still amazing with your response. Who deserve punishment? Is that man who owns his workers for ten months or those who condemn him for owing people.
God is not a respecter of persons bro.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by lastmessenger: 1:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
symbianDON:
it's really a pity what Christians of these days have become......from the responses I have read on this thread, it shows how so-called Christians love to rejoice at the seeming limitations of other denominations different from theirs. I find it rather disturbing. what has happened to being our brother's keeper. even if you aren't completely in agreement with the teachings of a certain denomination, you must not condemn that denomination. judge not........that is what the bible teaches. leave the judgement to God. as far as I know, God through the Holy Spirit is working in different denominations....because these are just denominations....there is, but, only one church which is the body of Christ. that being said, the so-called infinity tv doesn't even belong to Christ Embassy!! funny how people just always want to mock God and still turnaround and claim to love Him.....smh
who owns infinity tv for the start?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by Slimvincent(m): 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2014
Gov Amaechi is owing workers salaries and dat hv nt make news. Running a ministry is nt easy cos there is no federal/state govt grants to run it. I implore the workers to be patient as their entitlements wud be paid dem.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by lohresloco: 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2014
Your father well well, bite me. Okpe
theV0ice:

I'm surprised PDP saTANists never blame GMB for the devourer that stopped Chris from meeting up his tax obligations.

May God deliver you from the bile and bitterness you store in your system because of Buhari and APC. You even brought your anger to this totally neutral and unrelated thread. You better get a life before you get a stroke.

Pathetic Psychiatric case
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by theV0ice: 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
lohresloco:
Your father well well, bite me. Okpe

your lack of a father is painfully obvious but keep your pain, bitterness and sadness to yourself. no one is interested. multiple okpe
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by Akinrogun(m): 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2014
SeanT10:
Picture of the locked TV station or it's a lie
dis format is stale and boring......wake up and sniff d coffee!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by otiigba1(m): 4:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
goodjack:

Otiigba abeg park well. I know say na ur pastor. He fried his hair you plated your own. Go start ur own church ok
LOl, no problem I will soon start my own church of fried hair and plated hair, you are wellcomed to joint too tongue
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by otiigba1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2014
symbianDON:
it's really a pity what Christians of these days have become......from the responses I have read on this thread, it shows how so-called Christians love to rejoice at the seeming limitations of other denominations different from theirs. I find it rather disturbing. what has happened to being our brother's keeper. even if you aren't completely in agreement with the teachings of a certain denomination, you must not condemn that denomination. judge not........that is what the bible teaches. leave the judgement to God. as far as I know, God through the Holy Spirit is working in different denominations....because these are just denominations....there is, but, only one church which is the body of Christ. that being said, the so-called infinity tv doesn't even belong to Christ Embassy!! funny how people just always want to mock God and still turnaround and claim to love Him.....smh
Abeg go sit down! you are talking absolute rubbish, you hypocrite! angry
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by jaytee01(m): 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
anonimi:
Very good great move by LASG.

The GoM probably forgot all those verses where Christ said-

Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's.

That means pay your tax FIRST!!!

I see that the FAKE pastor was also owing 10 months salary.
Did he learn that from Christ or whatever demon he worships privately
GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by jaytee01(m): 5:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
Slimvincent:
Gov Amaechi is owing workers salaries and dat hv nt make news. Running a ministry is nt easy cos there is no federal/state govt grants to run it. I implore the workers to be patient as their entitlements wud be paid dem.
Hypocrite! My wish is that one day you will be owed ten months wages and people will come and beg you to be patient.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by mystikal(m): 11:44pm On Dec 25, 2014
Does the oyakhilome even know about happenings in that corporation?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion by symbianDON(m): 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2015
otiigba1:
Abeg go sit down! you are talking absolute rubbish, you hypocrite! angry
thanks all the same. I am amazed at your response. you neither know me nor I you yet you have instantly judged me to be a hypocrite. a simple google check would have confirmed to you that infinity tv doesn't and has never been owned by Christ embassy. for your information, all Christ embassy tv stations carry the tag loveworld.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God And His Angels. / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Storms Abuja For Partners, Sons & Daughters Night / Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.