Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,199 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Money Will Not Decide 2015 Elections – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Money Will Not Decide 2015 Elections – Amaechi (359 Views)

2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike / Under Me, Your Money Will Be Safe – Buhari / I Never Joined PDP In Rigging Elections - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Money Will Not Decide 2015 Elections – Amaechi by pacharles1(m): 12:00am On Dec 25, 2014
The Governor of Rivers state, Rotimi Amaechi has stated that money will not play any role in the general elections to be held in the country in 2015.

Governor Amaechi made this statement on Tuesday during a television interview programme, ‘Sunrise Daily’ on Channels Television.

According to Amaechi,“General Buhari won the APC primary without money. Nigerians are now wiser. They can’t be deceived with money or any material thing. This election will not be based on money, if it is to be based on money, President Jonathan would win the election.

“There is no difference between the pocket of the Federal Government, the pocket of President Jonathan and the pocket of PDP. It is the stealing at the national level that led us to where we are now. We can’t continue in a nation where N2.3 trillion was stolen and nothing was done.

“If PDP wins the Presidential election in a free and fair situation, we in the APC are not like what they are calling us, our leaders are responsible, we will congratulate President Jonathan. But if they use military against us and rig the election, we will not take them to court, we too will take illegal action against them because what they have done too is illegal.” Amaechi warned.

He insisted that the APC never intends to cause violence or breakdown of law and order in the country, but declared that social injustice is what should not be allowed to prevail. Governor Amaechi also said that his administration is not owing the state workers, as he has directed that all workers be paid before the celebration of Christmas.

Read full story here: http://www.today.ng/politics/money-will-not-decide-2015-elections-amaechi/

(1) (Reply)

A Must Answer Question To Nairalanders! / May The Blessing Of This Season Be With You All / I Spent My Christmas Today With Odudu Ukpanah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.