Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. (2677 Views)

The Hilux Vans Donated By Toyota Company To MNJTF Against Insurgency. Photos / Oyo: Folarin, PDP Candidate Removes Transformer Donated To Community / Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by ujoinme: 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
The dedication service of the new church built and donated by gov. Akpabio in his village at Ukana. Besides the church is the general hospital the governor also built in his village and The federal polytechnic ukana also sited in the governors village. Indeed the governor has brought uncommon transformation to his village of Ukana. grin grin grin grin grin this is how Nigerian politics is played, corner as many public projects as you can to you village when you get to position of power! Akpabio is bringing the politics of cornering for self into Akwa Ibom State, If future leaders follow his example, it will be really bad for the state.
Ukana the governors village has really been transformed.

Akpabio has done many good things for AKS but his tendency towards selfishly bringing everything to his village is not a good precedent for the state and its future leaders. I just wish that future leaders will not tow his line on this regards.

pictures by john ekpo.

Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by ujoinme: 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
smiley

Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2014
ok
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by wilcox(m): 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
That's too beautiful an edifice. In Akpabio's voice "uncommon transformation"

1 Like

Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by wilcox(m): 6:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
ok
Name what for you o
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by aresa: 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2014
lol @ building religious edifice with taxpayers money. Banana state and Banana governor.

...but the useless man refused to build schools, hospitals, clinics, health centers, skills centers and so on...

8 years in office and the largest state budget in West Africa = 1 fly over

1 cinema

1 library

1 football field..

Oh I forgot, and 1 church.. grin

3 Likes

Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by oziegbe2015: 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2014
And this guy hasnt paid his state workers their salary for 2months. He can build a #1million church to get cheap attention
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by mayorall(m): 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2014
Great
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by rozayx5(m): 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2014
aresa:
lol @ building religious edifice with taxpayers money. Banana state and Banana governor.

...but the useless man refused to build schools, hospitals, clinics, health centers, skills centers and so on...

1 cinema

1 library

1 football field..

undecided
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by oziegbe2015: 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2014
aresa:

1 cinema

1 library

1 football field..

no mind pdp people ask them weather na field them go chop. Abuja national stadium once upon a time was like the hottest thing now gej cannot even maintain it. Look at TINAPA and the rest elephant projects this one wont be different
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by ujoinme: 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
aresa:

1 cinema

1 library

1 football field..

should he be building mosques instead as is done by APC governors? Am not criticising the governor for using public funds to build church but for siting it in his village amongst other projects there, afterall governors all over nigeria are building mosques and sponsoring pilgrimage to mecca to the tones of billions yearly all from public funds while others are pocketing similar funds.
You governor probably steals more money from public purse than the amount spent on this church.

Most the beautiful churches in europe were mostly built with public funds.

7 Likes

Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by oziegbe2015: 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
wilcox:
That's too beautiful an edifice. In Akpabio's voice "uncommon transformation"
the same uncommon scam he is using to dupe them. Akpabio is one of the very few govs with private jet
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by aresa: 6:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
oziegbe2015:
no mind pdp people ask them weather na field them go chop. Abuja national stadium once upon a time was like the hottest thing now gej cannot even maintain it. Look at TINAPA and the rest elephant projects this one wont be different

Almost 2 months after commissioning the football field, the white elephant remains shallow, empty and worthless. It's not even worth one kobo because it's yet to generate 1 single kobo.

Of what benefit is this waste to the people of Akwa Ibom? Sometimes you just have to wonder about the worthless and God forsaken governor..

2 Likes

Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by oziegbe2015: 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2014
ujoinme:

should he be building mosques instead as is done by APC governors? Am not criticising the governor for using public funds to build church but for siting it in his village amongst other projects there, afterall governors all over nigeria are building mosques and sponsoring pilgrimage to mecca to the tones of billions yearly all from public funds while others are pocketing similar funds.
You governor probably steals more money from public purse than the amount spent on this church.

Mr Tan each state spends its side attraction funds to the needs peculiar to them. Mostly in the north you see govtment sponsoring mecca prilgrims, and if u ask an average northerner he would tell u its the best way to go about their special funds. One would have thought akwa ibom that i mostly know for exporting HOUSE HELPS. Which the gov admitted was their big problem would use every fund it can use to arrest the problem by building schools and changing its people poverty level. Instead he does elephant projects that people wont eat. Abuja stadium, TINAPA are all examples of beautiful nonsence that failed with the contracts soaking $billions
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by ujoinme: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2014
Civic centre built in the governors village at Ukana Built and donated by gov. Akpabio.

Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by ujoinme: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2014
more projects in the governors village
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by aresa: 6:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
ujoinme:

1. I don't know about any APC governor building mosques with taxpayers money and if they are which I need you to prove , then screw them too..

2. Governments shouldn't be funding any kind of religious activities including churches, mosques and pilgrimages with public funds

3. It is on record that Akpabio budgets more money than Lagos state and Lagos state still remains the most productive state in Nigeria with 100 X more projects delivered than the other 35 states combined including your ONLY 4 completed projects in 8 years crook you call governor so who is actually stealing money? grin

1 Like

Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by ujoinme: 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
aresa:

1. I don't know about any APC governor building mosques with taxpayers money and if they are which I need you to prove , then screw them too..

2. Governments shouldn't be funding any kind of religious activities including churches, mosques and pilgrimages with public funds

3. It is on record that Akpabio budgets more money than Lagos state and Lagos state still remains the most productive state in Nigeria with 100 X more projects delivered than the other 35 states combined including your ONLY 4 completed projects in 8 years crook you call governor so who is actually stealing money? grin

do you know of them sponsoring pilgrims to mecca using public funds? did rauf arebesola build a hall for religious retreats?
You are just a blind APC supporter what ever that do is kosher in your eyes not everyone is as debased as you are nor a blind advocate for politicians like you.You are the worst hypocrite on nairaland.
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by kenp1(m): 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2014
What ever, am 100% Nigerian
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by aresa: 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
ujoinme:

do you know of them sponsoring pilgrims to mecca using public funds? did rauf arebesola build a hall for religious retreats?
You are just a blind APC supporter what ever that do is kosher in your eyes not everyone is as debased as you are nor a blind advocate for politicians like you.

aresa:

I asked you to prove and if they really are, screw them too. So where is the hypocrisy? Do you not know how to read and comprehend..
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by ujoinme: 6:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
oziegbe2015:
Mr Tan each state spends its side attraction funds to the needs peculiar to them. Mostly in the north you see govtment sponsoring mecca prilgrims, and if u ask an average northerner he would tell u its the best way to go about their special funds. One would have thought akwa ibom that i mostly know for exporting HOUSE HELPS. Which the gov admitted was their big problem would use every fund it can use to arrest the problem by building schools and changing its people poverty level. Instead he does elephant projects that people wont eat. Abuja stadium, TINAPA are all examples of beautiful nonsence that failed with the contracts soaking $billions
The wat things are changing in Akwa Ibom, in the next few years you will be a house help to an akwa ibom man or woman.
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by ujoinme: 6:55pm On Dec 25, 2014
aresa:

I asked you to prove and if they really are, screw them too. So where is the hypocrisy? Do you not know how to read and comprehend..
nonsense i dont suffer fools and hypocrites like you.
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by ujoinme: 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2014
In another event on the 15th Dec 2014 fmr President Olusegun Obasanjo (M), Governor Godswill Akpabio (R) and immediate past Secretary to Akwa Ibom State Government, Mr. Udom Emmanuel (L) singing at the Commissioning and Dedication Service of His Eminence Mbang's Methodist Church Nigeria in Eket.

Prelate Mbang is a retired methodist church priest who untill His retirement was the prelate of the Methodist church of Nigeria and the first black man to become the president/chairman of council of methodist church worldwide a position he held on for many years.

The church was built in his hometown to mark the exemplary life that His Eminence has lived and the honour he has brought to Akwa Ibom, Nigeria and Africa in general and his service to humanity.

Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by slimfit1(m): 6:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
I can't talk APC have not paid my two months wages yet mr buhari I'm waiting for this month wages before I comment oh
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by aresa: 6:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
ujoinme:

nonsense i dont suffer fools and hypocrites like you.

This is what people like you say when they run out of gas.. grin

1 Like

Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by oziegbe2015: 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2014
ujoinme:

The wat things are changing in Akwa Ibom, in the next few years you will be a house help to an akwa ibom man or woman.
i have 2 of them in my house, i have asked them to go back to their state but they say akwa iboms are refuges in their own state
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by aresa: 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2014
ujoinme:

Nothing is changing in Akwa Ibom and you can not change anything with =

1 cinema

1 library

1 football field..

Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by aresa: 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
oziegbe2015:
i have 2 of them in my house, i have asked them to go back to their state but they say akwa iboms are refuges in their own state

Even Akpabio and his wife and kids ported to Lagos for good life and prosperity instead of subjecting themselves to their Akowa Ibom uncommon suffering and failure so go figure grin...

1 Like

Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by oziegbe2015: 7:03pm On Dec 25, 2014
slimfit1:
I can't talk APC have not paid my two months wages yet mr buhari I'm waiting for this month wages before I comment oh
is this man up having brain cancer? How can apc owe you two months salary, is apc a state government?
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by ujoinme: 7:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
Am gathering pictures i will soon publish a profile on how the out going governor Akpabio has transformed his village by selfishly clustering public projects there after christmas and you the public will judge his action stay tuned .

Mean while let me enjoy my christmas and merry christmas to you all including the hate filled ekoile aka arresa, I pray that the birth of our lord jesus fill all of your hearts with love joy merry christmas!.
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by aresa: 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
ujoinme:
Am gathering pictures i will soon publish a profile on how the out going governor Akpabio has transformed his village by selfishly clustering public projects there after christmas and you the public will judge his action stay tuned .

Mean while let me enjoy my christmas and merry christmas to you all including the hate filled ekoile aka arresa, I pray that the birth of our lord jesus fill all of your hearts with love joy merry christmas!.

I'd appreciate pictures of new schools, new hospitals, new clinics and health centers, new skills centers and so on.

Thanks in advance. grin
Re: St Lucy Catholic Church Ukana, Built And Donated By Gov Akpabio. by ujoinme: 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
aresa:

I'd appreciate pictures of new schools, new hospitals, new clinics and health centers, new skills centers and so on.

Thanks in advance. grin
I dont suffer fools like you, concentrate on your village state affairs and stop your obssession with Akwa Ibom. stop taking panadol for our headaches.
In our state we are sincere and forthright we hold our leaders accountable and criticize them when the do bad and praise them when they do good unlike an APC goon/zombie like you who are incapable of independent thought because you are paid to post.

(1) (Reply)

The Origin Of Kidnapping In Nigeria? / Desperation:PDP Campaign Circulate Fake Photograph Of GEJ "Visiting" Late Ojukwu / Is This Nigeria's Best Police Station. (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.