Stats: 3,159,940 members, 7,841,608 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan (1665 Views)

'we Respect Our Elders’, Idoma Youths Caution Onjeh Over Provocative Statements / SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark / Picture:when Politicians Collect Their Wardrobe Allowance. Lol! (2) (3) (4)

I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
Abuja – President Goodluck Jonathan, Thursday, said he was embarrassed by the provocative utterances of some politicians which are capable of setting the country on fire.
He spoke at a special Christmas service at St. Matthew’s Anglican Church in Maitama, Abuja.
According to the president, rather than resort to provocative statements,Politicians and those who seek leadership positions in the country should be more concerned with issues.
“As a politician, you want people to elect you to perform your responsibilities. If you mean well for the country, you wouldn’t be fanning the embers of discord and hatred.
“Nigeria is no body’s personal estate, but you want to serve. If the people want you to serve, you serve. But if they say no, then leave.
“So, I get embarrassed when we the politicians make provocative statements, statements that create division among Nigerians and that can set this country ablaze.
“I don’t think that is what a leader should do; it is not the kind of seed a leader should sow.
“Those who take government by violence hardly end well, examples abound in some of these other African countries.
“So, if a politician is interested in power at any level, you don’t sow seed of discord and enmity because it will consume you if you try to” the president said.

From: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/get-embarrassed-politicians-make-provocative-statements-jonathan/?

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
That is NOT the President of Nigeria speaking but the president of PeeDeePee, doing his best thing from time immemorial - The Blame Game.

He is not taking responsibility for the current quagmire the country is wallowing today.

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by temitemi1(m): 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
God bless u mr president!!! GEJ till 2019!!!

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by eye4eye: 6:07pm On Dec 25, 2014
This is the same dunce of a president who said publicly Ibos are the backbone of his administration. The same man who said publicly that it was Ibos who voted him into office. This is the same man who threatened to withdraw soldiers from Northeast because he was criticized by a governor from Northeast. This is the same man who sat there while some Ibo's supremacists while insulting and berating Awolowo and Yorubas as a whole.

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 25, 2014
temitemi1:
God bless u mr president!!! GEJ till 2019!!!

Of course,,

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by BrokenTV: 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2014
Buhari and co should know how to control their tongue, their supporters are illiterates who buy into their statement with out first examining the true nature of what they say. If they say babbons and blood the next thing you will see is there supporters moving up and down looking for whom to terminate.

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by citizenY(m): 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2014
Its convenient for GEJ to give sermons because he uses guys paid by taxpayers
.. Doyin and co to do this for him.

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by majorfarms(m): 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
The problem wit our politicians is dat when dey get appointed into govt positions, dey toot d horns of d govt, but once dey re no more part of d govt, dey becom experts in detecting lapses in the existing govt....when I listen to Kwankwaso diz days, I begin to wonder if its d same guy dat was Minister of defence in this very PDP govt. He mouted praises den like a singing bird.
Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2014
Jonathan,you are right! Kindly extend your sermon to Asari Dokubo,Edwin Clarke,FFK,Doyin Okupe and all PDP rats who make provocative statements that causes tension in the country.

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by abacus(m): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2014

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by donphilopus: 6:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
Has Jonathan called his boys to order?! Does he think we've forgotten Asari Dokubo, Lawal Kaita, FFK, Doyin Okupe and the janjaweedian crooner, Olisah Metuh?! Abeg, Presido yearn another thing joor!

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by kestolove95(m): 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
if u get embarrassed as u. claim...people lyk abati and okupe won't remain in ur cabiney

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by Pataki: 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
This guy don carry hin ogogoro brain go church again?! Dey begin yarn megedefegede for church.

I am highly embarrassed that this dunce is the president of my great nation. Who called the SW people - rascals? Have you cautioned your Wendel Simlin aka Reno Omokri? Or should we talk about the latest bastard in town - Bastard DoyinOkupe? Or what of Olisa Metuh?

Didinrin President.

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by Mowire: 8:27pm On Dec 25, 2014
Mr. President, sir, with all due respect, if you mean what you've said please fire Bastard Okupe and Reuben Abatti tonight and put forward a press release seriously cautioning Mentuh. Then only will you be seen to be sincere and true.

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by Flets: 8:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
Can any Jan.ja.we.ed in the house explain this statement to me and provide any proof why I should not believe that Buhari is a renowned and open terrorist who shares the same ideal with ISIS, Al shabab and Bokoharam

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/

"Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) National Leader, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has criticised the declaration of state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States and the subsequent military offensive against the Boko Haram Islamic sect.Buhari, who featured on the “Guest of the Week,” a Hausa programme of the Kaduna-based Liberty Radio, yesterday said the federal government’s action was a gross injustice against the north."
Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by debeginin(m): 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2014
berem:
Jonathan,you are right! Kindly extend your sermon to Asari Dokubo,Edwin Clarke,FFK,Doyin Okupe and all PDP rats who make provocative statements that causes tension in the country.
GBAM!!!!!

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by debeginin(m): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
Mowire:
Mr. President, sir, with all due respect, if you mean what you've said please fire Bastard Okupe and Reuben Abatti tonight and put forward a press release seriously cautioning Mentuh. Then only will you be seen to be sincere and true.
And he shd openly call Asari Dokubo to order.

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by hamedfatai: 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
I am sure the president is prepared for all these attacks and that is why a contract was given to Mr. Government Tompolo to procure 5 battle ships in order to prepare for war without involving the armed forces. The Nigerian Naval ought to have been given this responsibility if it was a national issue. We hope the security unit and other political parties should not overlook this issue as there have not been any criticism of this dangerous plan.
Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by major466(m): 8:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
True. I always get embarrassed anytime pa Buhari is talking to the press.
Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by meccuno: 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
hamedfatai:
I am sure the president is prepared for all these attacks and that is why a contract was given to Mr. Government Tompolo to procure 5 battle ships in order to prepare for war without involving the armed forces. The Nigerian Naval ought to have been given this responsibility if it was a national issue. We hope the security unit and other political parties should not overlook this issue as there have not been any criticism of this dangerous plan.
when I read statements like this,I get upset. Do you know what a battle ship looks like? Do you know how much it cost to buy one? And how much does it cost to maintain the battle ship? Because you are looking for cheap propaganda,and any available opportunity for your smear campaign,you do not scrutinise any information that is being disseminated. Ask your self,how many battle ships does Nigeria have.
Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by mayorall(m): 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2014
What about the ones we heard from your spoke men?.

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by Amanwulu1(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2014
Mowire:
it's like those 3 men give u nightmare?
Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
major466:
were u embarassed when a Ph.D holder like him said 'stealing isn't corruption' or when he said 'Nigerians aren't poor, we have enough jet owners'? Or when he said 'America will know' etc...this is the same president that christine Amanpour of cnn intimidated on interview...

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
major466:
were u embarassed when a Ph.D holder like him said 'stealing isn't corruption' or when he said 'Nigerians aren't poor, we have enough jet owners'? Or when he said 'America will know' etc...this is the same president that christine Amanpour of cnn intimidated on interview...I sorry 4u TANoidcrycry

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by okotv(m): 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
to be frank...I doubt he said this or does he not know how politics are run in Nigeria.
Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by lilprinze: 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
APC and their noise makers should better know how to control their lousy mouth.
Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by Caseless: 1:03am On Dec 26, 2014
I was embarrassed too when i heard him(gej) say "the surprising thing is, the person making that threat of parallel gov't is a christain ". What this statement frm jonathan means is that muslims are violent and known with such threat of violence, since he was shocked to hear a christain make it.
This man is divisive and clannish!

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by Caseless: 1:08am On Dec 26, 2014
okotv:
to be frank...I doubt he said this or does he not know how politics are run in Nigeria.
he said these- i watched him on tv. He's pretending not to hear politics of hate that asari , govnor shema and other of his supporters preach.
Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by Caseless: 1:14am On Dec 26, 2014
lilprinze:
APC and their noise makers should better know how to control their lousy mouth.
all we're saying is, give us free, fair and credible election or, get ready for a parallel gov't in Nigeria.

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:12am On Dec 26, 2014
donphilopus:

Has Jonathan called his boys to order?! Does he think we've forgotten Asari Dokubo, Lawal Kaita, FFK, Doyin Okupe and the janjaweedian crooner, Olisah Metuh?! Abeg, Presido yearn another thing joor!

WORD!
Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 5:19am On Dec 26, 2014
GEJ is a confirmed hypocrite and comedian.

He openly called SW politicians rascals and he has given the go ahead to his attack dogs, FFK, Abati, Doyin Okupe, Olisa Metuh et all to provoke opposition members but now posturing as a saint.

If I were you, I will have packed 90% of my luggage getting set to go back to Otuoke next year because we're booting you out soon.

Re: I Get Embarrassed When Politicians Make Provocative Statements – Jonathan by personal59: 5:38am On Dec 26, 2014
Hmm Gej gej but u are always happy wen criminal like FFK is talking that Animal that even think all ur spokesman are not doing enough and av to do d job for them.

U get excited wen ppl like dokubo, tompolo nd cco mk provocative nd threatening statement on media abeg Gej go get a life woman wrapper

"Even If Buhari Presents NEPA Bill As Certificate, I Will Vote For Him" – Ikpeba / Imminent Blackout As Power Generation Drops By 1,800mw / Former First Lady Patience Jonathan Allegedly Vacated Aso Rock With Cutleries.