Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,651 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him (49704 Views)

Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / My Marriage Was A Mistake, I Regret Marrying Him. / Marrying Him For My Baby's Sake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by mentorandfriend(m): 9:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
Ladies, these 5 things are in themselves not exhaustive, but they should be foremost in your mind as you consider a man you want to spend the rest of your life with. Watch him for these. I found it interesting because I'm tired of hearing stories of emotional and financial abuse, and wife batering too. It spoils my day; so I thought to share what I found with my nairaland family. The original article was first written by Pastor Dunamis Tunde Okunowo of Kisses and Hugs club. Enjoy reading.
1. Look for the fear of God.
The first thing to look for is the fear of God. This is very important. I say fear of God because the word “born-again” has been misused. Everybody is born again today. People become born again momentarily to get what they want. People give their lives to Jesus in order to get a wife and after they do, they collect their lives back from Jesus! It is no longer safe to assume somebody is God’s choice because you met him or her in church! It goes beyond that. This is why you don’t fall in love with somebody you met two hours ago. You cannot fall in love with somebody you do not know. Love comes with knowledge.
2. Look for focus.
Focus is important. What is the man focusing on in life? What is his vision in life? Who does he want to become? What is the person’s idea of marriage? Is the person serving God presently? What is he doing now? What does he intend to do later? What are his plans?
3. Look for consistency.
Consistency has to with his habits and patterns. Does he have consistent spiritual habits? Who are his friends? How does he spend his free times? In the bar?
4. Look for utterances.
His words are representations of the intents of his heart, …for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. (Matthew 12:34b KJV). His words would reveal his heart. Ask a lot of questions and listen to what he says. This is why courtship is important. Courtship period is not the time to get physical sexually, it is not an alignment of the bodies, it is an alignment of the minds. So before you give your consent, ask questions.What is his concept of serving God? You need to know all of these so that you will not walk down the aisle and then three months after, you want to run up the aisle and out of the marriage. That will not be your portion, but you need to “shine you eye” well! Stop falling in love helplessly, without thinking! Don’t be desperate to the extent that anything that comes goes. When you are desperate, men can sense it, and they may take advantage of that. You don’t have any business in the bed of man that you met few days back! How will you keep your respect and dignity intact like that? What will your relationship with God become? You are not a philanthropist, so stop donating your body and opening your legs generously for whoever wants! Nay!
5. Look for submission.
Is this man submissive? Who can you report him to when there are issues? Does he have a pastor or mentor you can report him to? He is not supposed to be the alpha and the omega that you cannot report. Is he accountable? To who? You know, I have counseled a few married people, and the issues are so serious and it is really very sad, when I ask the wife, “who does your husband respect?” and they go like, “Pastor, he respects nobody, not even his parents!” Now, that is not a good spot to be… Listen to me single ladies; never commit your life to somebody who has no authority figures over his life! When you do that, you have eliminated any external options when it comes to conflict resolution. It means the issue must be solved only by his wisdom and standard and that wisdom can be outright foolishness. That standard can be very warped. So, be wise! Too many ladies have been abused in their matrimonial home, with the husband brazenly beating up the wife and even bringing another woman into the house, and the wife looks on helplessly, because NOBODY can talk to him! It can really be unfortunate! When you are at that point, your only way out is to pray…and ask God to have mercy on the foolish choice that has been made. The mercy of God can turn things around. God bless you.
http://kissesandhuggs.org/devotionals/what-to-look-for-in-a-man-that-you-want-to-spend-the-rest-of-your#sthash.xMorGAzl.u1K8NTtW.gbpl

83 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by saaedlee: 9:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
Noted, meanwhile expecting counter thread within 7 days

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
Dat's true @ Op

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by kalet55(m): 9:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
Ok
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Kazrem(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2014
saaedlee:
Noted, meanwhile expecting counter thread within 7 days
7 days loun loun. Tomorrow you will see.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by satelliteDISH(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2014
Ladies, also check if ur man has a free-to-air satellite in his house. if u don't find any, persuade him to get one. then call me to help install it for him.

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2014
Look no further ladies.
I swear I've all these quantities. grin

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 25, 2014
Beautiful piece , I concur with the part that said that love comes with knowledge

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Kazrem(m): 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2014
@op. I totally agree with that number 2. My signature is one of my focuses.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2014
Aprime:
I swear I've all these quantities.

stop washing yourself joor

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
Elantracey:

stop washing yourself joor

I do have them. Honestly.
I just haven't started manifesting all yet. wink

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Harmvirus(f): 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
Noted
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
Very educative.......tanx alot op.
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by remsonik(f): 10:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
Op I concur with all your points. Best post I have seen on here on this particular topic

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Ezibless: 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2014
Stating the obvious.

I was expecting something kinda different.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by mentorandfriend(m): 10:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
Elantracey:
Beautiful piece , I concur with the part that said that love comes with knowledge
Exactly o. Love comes with knowledge my dear. I concur too.
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by wierdpsycho: 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
mentorandfriend:
Ladies, these 5 things are in themselves not exhaustive, but they should be foremost in your mind as you consider a man you want to spend the rest of your life with. Watch him for these. I found it interesting because I'm tired of hearing stories of emotional and financial abuse, and wife batering too. It spoils my day; so I thought to share what I found with my nairaland family. The original article was first written by Pastor Dunamis Tunde Okunowo of Kisses and Hugs club. Enjoy reading.
The first thing to look for is the fear of God. This is very important. I say fear of God because the word “born-again” has been misused. Everybody is born again today. People become born again momentarily to get what they want. People give their lives to Jesus in order to get a wife and after they do, they collect their lives back from Jesus! It is no longer safe to assume somebody is God’s choice because you met him or her in church! It goes beyond that. This is why you don’t fall in love with somebody you met two hours ago. You cannot fall in love with somebody you do not know. Love comes with knowledge.
I AM FŪCKING ATHEIST

2. Look for focus.
Focus is important. What is the man focusing on in life? What is his vision in life? Who does he want to become? What is the person’s idea of marriage? Is the person serving God presently? What is he doing now? What does he intend to do later? What are his plans?
LIKE KUSH, I AINT GOT NO FOCUS; I FLOW WITH DA WIND

3. Look for consistency.
Consistency has to with his habits and patterns. Does he have consistent spiritual habits? Who are his friends? How does he spend his free times? In the bar?
I FÜCK DIFFERENT PŪSSIES; FŪCK CONSISTENCY

4. Look for utterances.
His words are representations of the intents of his heart, …for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. (Matthew 12:34b KJV). His words would reveal his heart. Ask a lot of questions and listen to what he says. This is why courtship is important. Courtship period is not the time to get physical sexually, it is not an alignment of the bodies, it is an alignment of the minds. So before you give your consent, ask questions.What is his concept of serving God? You need to know all of these so that you will not walk down the aisle and then three months after, you want to run up the aisle and out of the marriage. That will not be your portion, but you need to “shine you eye” well! Stop falling in love helplessly, without thinking! Don’t be desperate to the extent that anything that comes goes. When you are desperate, men can sense it, and they may take advantage of that. You don’t have any business in the bed of man that you met few days back! How will you keep your respect and dignity intact like that? What will your relationship with God become? You are not a philanthropist, so stop donating your body and opening your legs generously for whoever wants! Nay!
I SPEAK 3 LINGOS; ENGLISH PROFANITY AND SHÏT

5. Look for submission.
Is this man submissive? Who can you report him to when there are issues? Does he have a pastor or mentor you can report him to? He is not supposed to be the alpha and the omega that you cannot report. Is he accountable? To who? You know, I have counseled a few married people, and the issues are so serious and it is really very sad, when I ask the wife, “who does your husband respect?” and they go like, “Pastor, he respects nobody, not even his parents!” Now, that is not a good spot to be… Listen to me single ladies; never commit your life to somebody who has no authority figures over his life! When you do that, you have eliminated any external options when it comes to conflict resolution. It means the issue must be solved only by his wisdom and standard and that wisdom can be outright foolishness. That standard can be very warped. So, be wise! Too many ladies have been abused in their matrimonial home, with the husband brazenly beating up the wife and even bringing another woman into the house, and the wife looks on helplessly, because NOBODY can talk to him! It can really be unfortunate! When you are at that point, your only way out is to pray…and ask God to have mercy on the foolish choice that has been made. The mercy of God can turn things around. God bless you.
http://kissesandhuggs.org/devotionals/what-to-look-for-in-a-man-that-you-want-to-spend-the-rest-of-your#sthash.xMorGAzl.u1K8NTtW.gbpl
I AINT A MANGINA; I AM A FŪCKING ALPHA MALE; AS A BOSS, I AINT GOT NO FŪCKING BOSS

14 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by mentorandfriend(m): 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
satelliteDISH:
Ladies, also check if ur man has a free-to-air satellite in his house. if u don't find any, persuade him to get one. then call me to help install it for him.
See your head. Lol. Drop your bb pin or whatsapp contact sha. Someone might really be interested.
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by mentorandfriend(m): 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
I'm deliberately ignoring wierdpsycho. His name says something crucial about the type of comments he's been making above. ^^^^

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by wierdpsycho: 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
mentorandfriend:
I'm deliberately ignoring wierdpsycho. His name says something crucial about his comments above. ^^^^
THE SHÍT U SPEWED Aint gonaa get u gals...... dats WHY THEY KEEP FALLING FOR BAD GUYS...... BÏTCHES ARE ALL DA SAME.. BE BAD AND FŪCK THEM HARD

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by mentorandfriend(m): 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2014
wierdpsycho:
THE SHÍT U SPEWED Aint gonaa get u gals...... dats WHY THEY KEEP FALLING FOR BAD GUYS...... BÏTCHES ARE ALL DA SAME.. BE BAD AND FŪCK THEM HARD
Alright wierdpsycho. I think I'm done with you. I have class.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 26, 2014
Aprime:

I do have them. Honestly.
I just haven't started manifesting all yet. wink

lol, let's start seeing them o

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 26, 2014
satelliteDISH:
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by lilmax(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2014
Finance nko?
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by satelliteDISH(m): 10:41am On Dec 26, 2014
mentorandfriend:
See your head. Lol. Drop your bb pin or whatsapp contact sha. Someone might really be interested.
Thanks bros. i think i will do more good to people living in benin city and environs. am freeman -081-891-547-50-

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by STENON(f): 5:32pm On Dec 26, 2014
Good and Educative points.

It takes the Grace and Mercy of God to succeed maritally in Life.

Only God can help us so as not to marry the wrong Person in this Life.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by joseph1832(m): 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
mentorandfriend:
2. Look for focus.
3. Look for consistency.
4. Look for utterances.
5. Look for submission.
Yap yap yap and more yap!. I bet Anita Oyakhilomen should have thought of all these before going ahead to marry Chris Oyakhilomen. grin

Must everything revolve around church? Just because a man or woman goes to church doesn't mean they have the fear of God!.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
@OP

As much as I agree with you on most of the points you raised , however I am in total disagreement with your No 5 . Believe you me , the worst thing that can happen to any sane and sound person is living on other peoples opinion and taken decisions based on sentiment . The very moment one started to live on others opinion , they person is as good as dead . Also , the very moment one overlook rationality/logic and embrace sentiment , the person is bound to live on regret in the future . These points I raised are applicable in all sphere of live . May God increases our wisdom in every seconds of our lives .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by mentorandfriend(m): 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
Empero1:
@OP

As much as I agree with you on most of the points you raised , however I am in total disagreement with your No 5 . Believe you me , the worst thing that can happen to any sane and sound person is living on other peoples opinion and taken decisions based on sentiment . The very moment one started to live on others opinion , they person is as good as dead . Also , the very moment one overlook rationality/logic and embrace sentiment , the person is bound to live on regret in the future . These points I raised are applicable in all sphere of live . May God increases our wisdom in every seconds of our lives .
Thank you for your honest contribution, but I still think that a man who listens to nobody is a high risk for any lady.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by SAMBARRY: 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
Simplify your life. The world is already complex and complicated. Why add to it . just simply observe this

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by SAMBARRY: 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
Moreover op

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by SAMBARRY: 10:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
My role model also said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Drags Her Man In Maternity Photoshoot / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me / Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.