Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,443 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him (49677 Views)

Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / My Marriage Was A Mistake, I Regret Marrying Him. / Marrying Him For My Baby's Sake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by zicoraads: 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Chai! This is serious! Destiny delayed is never destiny denied...if this thread can make FP after being created since December, then your case has not been forgotten. You will surely be remembered grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Raalsalghul: 7:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Another formulaic thread!
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
Someone once said if you are considering saying yes to a man,watch out for how he treats people around him

Does he yell at his driver and security man and call them names
How is he with subordinates at work
Does he raise his hand to strike people for not carrying out his orders?
How does he react when a waiter messes up his order does he lose control and threaten to report and get them fired
Does he blow up and overreact after a small infraction from people around him?
Hold grudges for months on end over little things?
You are driving with him and he gets a fender bender does he jump out and strike the danfo driver ?

That ought to guide you,don't overlook the warning signs

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hmmm
This kind LOOKU LOOKU

Men na point and kill..abi
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You wouldn't have posted this if I wrote real man, right? The word Man is strong and independent. wink

undecided

I don't recongnise the vocabulary ‘real man' but I know of the word ’man' and what it stands for.
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by 2tek: 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
How many ladies have the fear of God IN THEM that they are looking for men that have the fear of God in the real sense of it. Iron sharpeneth iron. Any lady that is waiting for a man that has the real fear of God will 'tey' for her papa house. frienship, trust and love will always do the magic.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by bigiyaro(m): 7:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
this kind of write up only adds to number of 30+ ladies desperately searching.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by 42n8dzydoo(m): 7:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Ladies, these 5 things are in themselves not exhaustive, but they should be foremost in your mind as you consider a man you want to spend the rest of your life with. Watch him for these. I found it interesting because I'm tired of hearing stories of emotional and financial abuse, and wife batering too. It spoils my day; so I thought to share what I found with my nairaland family. The original article was first written by Pastor Dunamis Tunde Okunowo of Kisses and Hugs club. Enjoy reading.
1. Look for the fear of God.
The first thing to look for is the fear of God. This is very important. I say fear of God because the word “born-again” has been misused. Everybody is born again today. People become born again momentarily to get what they want. People give their lives to Jesus in order to get a wife and after they do, they collect their lives back from Jesus! It is no longer safe to assume somebody is God’s choice because you met him or her in church! It goes beyond that. This is why you don’t fall in love with somebody you met two hours ago. You cannot fall in love with somebody you do not know. Love comes with knowledge.
2. Look for focus.
Focus is important. What is the man focusing on in life? What is his vision in life? Who does he want to become? What is the person’s idea of marriage? Is the person serving God presently? What is he doing now? What does he intend to do later? What are his plans?
3. Look for consistency.
Consistency has to with his habits and patterns. Does he have consistent spiritual habits? Who are his friends? How does he spend his free times? In the bar?
4. Look for utterances.
His words are representations of the intents of his heart, …for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. (Matthew 12:34b KJV). His words would reveal his heart. Ask a lot of questions and listen to what he says. This is why courtship is important. Courtship period is not the time to get physical sexually, it is not an alignment of the bodies, it is an alignment of the minds. So before you give your consent, ask questions.What is his concept of serving God? You need to know all of these so that you will not walk down the aisle and then three months after, you want to run up the aisle and out of the marriage. That will not be your portion, but you need to “shine you eye” well! Stop falling in love helplessly, without thinking! Don’t be desperate to the extent that anything that comes goes. When you are desperate, men can sense it, and they may take advantage of that. You don’t have any business in the bed of man that you met few days back! How will you keep your respect and dignity intact like that? What will your relationship with God become? You are not a philanthropist, so stop donating your body and opening your legs generously for whoever wants! Nay!
5. Look for submission.
Is this man submissive? Who can you report him to when there are issues? Does he have a pastor or mentor you can report him to? He is not supposed to be the alpha and the omega that you cannot report. Is he accountable? To who? You know, I have counseled a few married people, and the issues are so serious and it is really very sad, when I ask the wife, “who does your husband respect?” and they go like, “Pastor, he respects nobody, not even his parents!” Now, that is not a good spot to be… Listen to me single ladies; never commit your life to somebody who has no authority figures over his life! When you do that, you have eliminated any external options when it comes to conflict resolution. It means the issue must be solved only by his wisdom and standard and that wisdom can be outright foolishness. That standard can be very warped. So, be wise! Too many ladies have been abused in their matrimonial home, with the husband brazenly beating up the wife and even bringing another woman into the house, and the wife looks on helplessly, because NOBODY can talk to him! It can really be unfortunate! When you are at that point, your only way out is to pray…and ask God to have mercy on the foolish choice that has been made. The mercy of God can turn things around. God bless you.
http://kissesandhuggs.org/devotionals/what-to-look-for-in-a-man-that-you-want-to-spend-the-rest-of-your#sthash.xMorGAzl.u1K8NTtW.gbpl
A post since Dec last year just reached f.p

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Idrismusty97(m): 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
Thrash! I stop reading as soon as i saw "fear of god". If thats the case they would be no divorce or domestic abuses in the world. Must everything be centered around your skydaddy?
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Ladies, these 5 things are in themselves not exhaustive, but they should be foremost in your mind as you consider a man you want to spend the rest of your life with. Watch him for these. I found it interesting because I'm tired of hearing stories of emotional and financial abuse, and wife batering too. It spoils my day; so I thought to share what I found with my nairaland family. The original article was first written by Pastor Dunamis Tunde Okunowo of Kisses and Hugs club. Enjoy reading.
1. Look for the fear of God.
The first thing to look for is the fear of God. This is very important. I say fear of God because the word “born-again” has been misused. Everybody is born again today. People become born again momentarily to get what they want. People give their lives to Jesus in order to get a wife and after they do, they collect their lives back from Jesus! It is no longer safe to assume somebody is God’s choice because you met him or her in church! It goes beyond that. This is why you don’t fall in love with somebody you met two hours ago. You cannot fall in love with somebody you do not know. Love comes with knowledge.
2. Look for focus.
Focus is important. What is the man focusing on in life? What is his vision in life? Who does he want to become? What is the person’s idea of marriage? Is the person serving God presently? What is he doing now? What does he intend to do later? What are his plans?
3. Look for consistency.
Consistency has to with his habits and patterns. Does he have consistent spiritual habits? Who are his friends? How does he spend his free times? In the bar?
4. Look for utterances.
His words are representations of the intents of his heart, …for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. (Matthew 12:34b KJV). His words would reveal his heart. Ask a lot of questions and listen to what he says. This is why courtship is important. Courtship period is not the time to get physical sexually, it is not an alignment of the bodies, it is an alignment of the minds. So before you give your consent, ask questions.What is his concept of serving God? You need to know all of these so that you will not walk down the aisle and then three months after, you want to run up the aisle and out of the marriage. That will not be your portion, but you need to “shine you eye” well! Stop falling in love helplessly, without thinking! Don’t be desperate to the extent that anything that comes goes. When you are desperate, men can sense it, and they may take advantage of that. You don’t have any business in the bed of man that you met few days back! How will you keep your respect and dignity intact like that? What will your relationship with God become? You are not a philanthropist, so stop donating your body and opening your legs generously for whoever wants! Nay!
5. Look for submission.
Is this man submissive? Who can you report him to when there are issues? Does he have a pastor or mentor you can report him to? He is not supposed to be the alpha and the omega that you cannot report. Is he accountable? To who? You know, I have counseled a few married people, and the issues are so serious and it is really very sad, when I ask the wife, “who does your husband respect?” and they go like, “Pastor, he respects nobody, not even his parents!” Now, that is not a good spot to be… Listen to me single ladies; never commit your life to somebody who has no authority figures over his life! When you do that, you have eliminated any external options when it comes to conflict resolution. It means the issue must be solved only by his wisdom and standard and that wisdom can be outright foolishness. That standard can be very warped. So, be wise! Too many ladies have been abused in their matrimonial home, with the husband brazenly beating up the wife and even bringing another woman into the house, and the wife looks on helplessly, because NOBODY can talk to him! It can really be unfortunate! When you are at that point, your only way out is to pray…and ask God to have mercy on the foolish choice that has been made. The mercy of God can turn things around. God bless you.
http://kissesandhuggs.org/devotionals/what-to-look-for-in-a-man-that-you-want-to-spend-the-rest-of-your#sthash.xMorGAzl.u1K8NTtW.gbpl

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Toks2008(m): 7:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
typicaltemi:
Dat's true @ Op

Only reasonable ladies look out for these but the ladies with materialistic nature will not look at any of these but money.

I pity most ladies in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Misogynist2014(m): 7:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
Justfollowit:

undecided

I don't recognise the vocabulary ‘real man' but I know of the word ’man' and what it stands for.
A Man is the greatest and most intelligent creature created by God, while the word real man is an attempt at destroying the word Man by giving it a prefix. That apart, in school, I read about a woman who wanted a love portion so that her husband could love her. She was told to bring the hair of a lion and when she did, she was told to use same method she used to gain the love and trust of the lion on her husband. Women should stop complaining because they have the ability to change and influence their spouse.
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by mentorandfriend(m): 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
joncom:
What is happening? Is NairaLand hacked?
4 months post making front page today. Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllp, world is about to end.
What I learnt:
Never ever give up!
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by ceononi: 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
wierdpsycho:

I AM FŪCKING ATHEIST

LIKE KUSH, I AINT GOT NO FOCUS; I FLOW WITH DA WIND

I FÜCK DIFFERENT PŪSSIES; FŪCK CONSISTENCY

I SPEAK 3 LINGOS; ENGLISH PROFANITY AND SHÏT

I AINT A MANGINA; I AM A FŪCKING ALPHA MALE; AS A BOSS, I AINT GOT NO FŪCKING BOSS
Don't you think You're FÜCKING going crazy
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Emma4Jesu(m): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
satelliteDISH:
Ladies, also check if ur man has a free-to-air satellite in his house. if u don't find any, persuade him to get one. then call me to help install it for him.

My brother any latest free to air frequency and symbol rate code, am also into dish installation
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by chimoskyg(m): 7:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
Being Independent should be included
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by chinnyonwu(m): 7:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
just feelin sorry for any weak nigga paying any attention to this bullshitt article.
fear of god.
submissive abi?
dont let me cuss u OP

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
Misogynist2014:
A Man is the greatest and most intelligent creature created by God, while the word real man is an attempt at destroying the word Man by giving it a prefix. That apart, in school, I read about a woman who wanted a love portion so that her husband could love her. She was told to bring the hair of a lion and when she did, she was told to use same method she used to gain the love and trust of the lion on her husband. Women should stop complaining because they have the ability to change and influence their spouse.

Do I seem like a child to you? undecided
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by drlaykay(m): 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
I have seen this kind of topic appear more than a thousand times on front page.but my problem is why it doesnt add up with the previous episodes.
Some OP will post 5 others 6,7(things ladies must look out for....)and the list goes on. If I should sum up different write-ups from other posters knowing well that there are only few intersections,I will conclude that there are over a million things ladies should look out for in a man...
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Mclick(m): 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
embarassed

Some look rather at shoes, belt two badroom at least a car
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Godmother(f): 7:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
So happy my hubby to be got 5 over 5. Yipee
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by torchwave: 8:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Beautiful piece , I concur with the part that said that love comes with knowledge
So many ladies fall blindly in love, fall into a ditch and fall in pieces because they leap without looking. Even with all the warning signs, they walk blindly to the track of an oncoming train that crushes them in a flash. Love is beautiful but without knowledge it becomes a colossal disaster.
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Misogynist2014(m): 8:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
Justfollowit:

Do I seem like a child to you? undecided
Whether you are a male or female! I don't know. Whether you live in Japan or Korea I don't know. Whether you are a child or grown up, I don't know. All I know is that you are a Nairalander. I don't know what prompted your question as far as my post is concerned.
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by tundex572(m): 8:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Your Reward (4Corners Alliance Group)

Hello All I welcome you all and. have you heard of four corner group alliance?it know as where you can make huge money in a few day.it is a great opportunity because when you register on 4cornergroup,you will also have down lines before you can make money but am happy to you that our buildup group on facebook will do that for you .your own responsibility is to register and leave everything for them and see your earning growing everyday.add me on what app +2348067314909,i will explain to you and send you a video that explain better. I
will encourage you to take action to join Your Reward
(four corners alliance group 4x6 forced matrix)
spreadsheet because, the more you wait the more other
people are joining before you.
We now has over 2000 members and is a good start for
our team build indeed and a good sign to our successful
long run.
send a friend request to babatunde jimoh in order for the buildup registration and effective future communications with our admin. [Here is the 4Corners compensation plan break down in
details:
Level 1 cost $10 (plus $8 reg fee) payout $16 and auto
upgrade you to level2.
Level2 cost $10 payout $64 and auto upgrade you to
level3.
Level3 cost $25 pay you $640 and auto upgrade you to
level4.
Level4 cost $60 pay you $6,144 and auto upgrade you
to level5.
Level5 cost $150 pay you $61.440 and auto upgrade
you to level6.
Level6 cost $300 pay you $491.420.
YOUR total earnings = $559.824.00
Note. You will receive financial books on each level you
complete.
All the income claim above are guaranteed on each level
only from your $18 one time entry cost.
Is time for you to decide to follow YOUR REWARD team
build and change your life for better tomorrow with only
$18 from your Solid Trustpay account, SavetyPay, China
Union Pay and/or Credit card. (our PIF system can
accept Payza, perfectmoney, paypal
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Jannie1999(f): 8:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
And look for money
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Cutehomie22: 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Aprime:
Look no further ladies.
I swear I've all these quantities. grin
I swear only Jesus christ has those qualities
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Cutehomie22: 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
chinnyonwu:
just feelin sorry for any weak nigga paying any attention to this bullshitt article.
fear of god.
submissive abi?
dont let me cuss u OP
grin cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Whether you are a male or female! I don't know. Whether you live in Japan or Korea I don't know. Whether you are a child or grown up, I don't know. All I know is that you are a Nairalander. I don't know what prompted your question as far as my post is concerned.

Stop trying to educate me on what a man is. I am not a little girl undecided

You need it more because it seems like you cannot even walk up to a lady not to mention behaving like a man that you claim to be
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by jamillion: 8:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
Am sure d op is high on gospel... cheesy ladies, dnt mind her, look for the following in a man

Height very important
Looks pretty much important
Rich dude with latest lambogini. U ar good to go
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Capitano1(m): 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
And again does ur hubby

[size=18pt]SWEAT TOO MUCH
Visit Us[/size]
Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by Misogynist2014(m): 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
Justfollowit:

Stop trying to educate me on what a man is. I am not a little girl undecided

You need it more because it seems like you cannot even walk up to a lady not to mention behaving like a man that you claim to be
You're right, I'm a nut.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him by mikigen(m): 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
grin grin @ op and you expect any human to possess all this qualities without any flaws why not just give the lady a clay for her to create a guy of his choice....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story / Pregnant Woman Drags Her Man In Maternity Photoshoot / My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.