Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,710 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 (34000 Views)

Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands / Top Five Smartphones Of 2014 (with Proof) / Top 5 Smartphones Of 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
DAVE5:

i blive its in ur pocket, abi u don 4get am inside bus

Lolz
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by cbrass(m): 4:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
unmask:
#bbsucks nah.... If you said bye bye to Samsung S4 then you might Have caught my attention

undecided
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by damilola231(f): 7:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
Am in love with HTC one M8, that phone is truly hot kiss
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by neighbourhud: 7:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
bosteps:
And Techno try o
I just love this post grin grin grin
Laf don make me mistakenly enter otukotu shrine cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by opinchinoo(m): 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
Truckpusher:
I won't take that phone for free.

It's not user friendly,unnecessarily heavy which makes it to drop from your hand every now and then,and the programs aren't just catchy like samsung and all the rest.

That phone screwed up my day and that wasn't the first but that particular episode was just too painful. tongue cheesy
Lumia icon is for ppl in d USA alone...lol
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by opinchinoo(m): 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
Truckpusher:

It's not user friendly,unnecessarily heavy which makes it to drop from your hand every now and then,and the programs aren't just catchy like samsung and all the rest.

That phone screwed up my day and that wasn't the first but that particular episode was just too painful. tongue cheesy
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Edigrows: 8:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
romzyxy:
Weh is My Samsung galaxy S4?
u didn't know the fone was released since 2013 and u have been using it
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by viazi: 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
Xiaomi Mi4 64GB
Xiaomi MI4 is new generation Xiaomi phone, it is not just upgraded from the old model. The Xiaomi MI4 is a new design. This phone packed 5-inch IPS 1080P dispaly screen, 2.5Ghz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB RAM, 64GB internal storage,13MP Sony Exmore RCMOS rear camera, 8MP front camera.
http://www.xiaomishop.com/135-xiaomi-mi4-64gb-smartphone.html
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by ochon: 9:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
Caracta:

Merry Christmas

Congrats on the birth of your nephew. smileysmiley

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by romzyxy(m): 11:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
Edigrows:

u didn't know the fone was released since 2013 and u have been using it

just sayin datx all.
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:05am On Dec 27, 2014
This list is incomplete without the blackberry Passport sir!
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 27, 2014
Electronzeez:

what is the nexus between slot and the error you potray samsung phones to have?.....

Give me just an error or I'd stop replying you.

1. The touch pad stopped working without any prior notice just two months after purchase.
2. The touch pad was behaving like a 'Possessed' entity controlled by some unseen forces. You would just be looking at the phone while it tries to run the camera, send text message, open the games and so on.

It was so frustrating and I had to switch to Nokia Lumia. But I do miss the cool stuff androids provided. The Lumia self na one hell of a stupid phone. Just saving some money now to get myself an iPhone.
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by dabosuker(m): 5:12am On Dec 27, 2014
aniagoluaustin:
d worst windows phone ever
Explain please
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by kelvinnn(m): 5:25am On Dec 27, 2014
i ordered an asus tab from konga on 23 of dec......by now 26th my order as not bn delivered....and when i checked konga website it was started that my order as bn shipped.... tho i did pay on delivery tinz shaa o. this is my first time. any help?
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by kelvinnn(m): 5:26am On Dec 27, 2014
i ordered an asus tab from konga on 23 of dec......by now 26th my order as not bn delivered....and when i checked konga website it was started that my order as bn shipped.... tho i did pay on delivery tinz shaa o. this is my first time. any help? pls am on whatsapp: 08075753750......tanx.
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Truckpusher(m): 6:01am On Dec 27, 2014
opinchinoo:
Sabinus,I wasn't referring to any particular Lumia rather I was talking about the entire Lumia Family.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Electronzeez(m): 7:47am On Dec 27, 2014
iamchiddy:

1. The touch pad stopped working without any prior notice just two months after purchase.
2. The touch pad was behaving like a 'Possessed' entity controlled by some unseen forces. You would just be looking at the phone while it tries to run the camera, send text message, open the games and so on.

It was so frustrating and I had to switch to Nokia Lumia. But I do miss the cool stuff androids provided. The Lumia self na one hell of a stupid phone. Just saving some money now to get myself an iPhone.

let me answer your complain this way. In electronics industries, if1000 gadgets are manufactured at the same time, in a particular batch of production, there is what we call reliability and probability.
This two factors are mostly considered not only in electronics industries but in all engineering industries.
RELIABILITY: for every batch of production, there is a calculated percentage of how reliable an individual product would last in a stated period - may be for all 1000 batch of gadget produce, it is expected that they last 8 month before any form of malfunctioning can be noticed.

PROBABILITY: this factor allow manufactureres to predict the possibilty of certain percentage of the manufactured batch of product developing failure in terms of (catastrophic,sudden,total etc ) failure before the probation period i.e reliability period.

It is a pity you are one of those customers who lay thier hands on product which couldn't serve their probabtion time. I do tell electronics customer this, "buying electronics is luck". The same model of samsung you are complaining about you might find someone else telling you how perfect his gadget has been serving him.

SOLUTION: when such occur when next you are buying a phone, kindly take it to thier service center and i believe your issues would be resolved.....i'm sorry for the harsh word in my previous reply...shalom.
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Lordmykel(m): 8:32am On Dec 27, 2014
Truckpusher:

i dont think windows devices can ever be user friendly.. Who made you buy that stuff??.. Sorry for your day, i feel your pain bro. grin
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Truckpusher(m): 8:37am On Dec 27, 2014
Lordmykel:

i dont think windows devices can ever be user friendly.. Who made you buy that stuff??.. Sorry for your day, i feel your pain bro. grin
Lol,

Person go begin write exams for phone again. grin

I was actually done with all the phones in the market as at that time and for sometimes I was using my nokia torch but as the pressure for a smart phone grew since I can't do some stuff with my lappy I decided to give another smart phone a try and that was how I ended up with that truck of a phone then my problems just started. cheesy
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by aniagoluaustin(m): 9:02am On Dec 27, 2014
dabosuker:

Explain please
u can't enjoy h.d games..d application crash most often...d display is boring...n more etc
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 27, 2014
Electronzeez:

let me answer your complain this way. In electronics industries, if1000 gadgets are manufactured at the same time, in a particular batch of production, there is what we call reliability and probability.
This two factors are mostly considered not only in electronics industries but in all engineering industries.
RELIABILITY: for every batch of production, there is a calculated percentage of how reliable an individual product would last in a stated period - may be for all 1000 batch of gadget produce, it is expected that they last 8 month before any form of malfunctioning can be noticed.

PROBABILITY: this factor allow manufactureres to predict the possibilty of certain percentage of the manufactured batch of product developing failure in terms of (catastrophic,sudden,total etc ) failure before the probation period i.e reliability period.

It is a pity you are one of those customers who lay thier hands on product which couldn't serve their probabtion time. I do tell electronics customer this, "buying electronics is luck". The same model of samsung you are complaining about you might find someone else telling you how perfect his gadget has been serving him.

SOLUTION: when such occur when next you are buying a phone, kindly take it to thier service center and i believe your issues would be resolved.....i'm sorry for the harsh word in my previous reply...shalom.

I took the phone to Samsung center, CSL, Ikeja where they collected ten thousand naira from me to fix it. After almost four months, they called me that the phone was ready. Just one week after, the phone started showing the same touch pad errors again which was worse than what i experienced ab initio. This time around, it keeps pooping up 'Date and Time Settings' every time i want to do anything with the phone. The 'return and menu' buttons are completely dead. I called CSL and they said i should deal with it or buy another phone.
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Electronzeez(m): 9:31am On Dec 27, 2014
iamchiddy:

I took the phone to Samsung center, CSL, Ikeja where they collected ten thousand naira from me to fix it. After almost four months, they called me that the phone was ready. Just one week after, the phone started showing the same touch pad errors again which was worse than what i experienced ab initio. This time around, it keeps pooping up 'Date and Time Settings' every time i want to do anything with the phone. The 'return and menu' buttons are completely dead. I called CSL and they said i should deal with it or buy another phone.

that is serious, you mean you payed 10k?....what happens to your warranty? Has the phone been tampered with before you take it to the service center?.

I know CSL, they are one of the service center company to samsung, i think it is safe to conclude you have got no luck using samsung phones, you might find luck using apple product.

But i have never regreted recommending samsung,huawei and sony to customers.
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 27, 2014
Electronzeez:

that is serious, you mean you payed 10k?....what happens to your warranty? Has the phone been tampered with before you take it to the service center?.

I know CSL, they are one of the service center company to samsung, i think it is safe to conclude you have got no luck using samsung phones, you might find luck using apple product.

But i have never regreted recommending samsung,huawei and sony to customers.

I paid 10k. i have the receipt.
That is why i am so distant from anything Samsung.
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Electronzeez(m): 9:56am On Dec 27, 2014
iamchiddy:

I paid 10k. i have the receipt.
That is why i am so distant from anything Samsung.

I still wonder why you are charged for service when your phone is just two month old as of the time your phone developed that malfunctioning.
If POP was presented and you are sure of not tampering the phone by given it for repair to unauthorize center, then your phone should be fixed for free within the period of your warranty.
What is the model of that samsung phone having the afformentioned issue?.
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 27, 2014
Electronzeez:

I still wonder why you are charged for service when your phone is just two month old as of the time your phone developed that malfunctioning.
If POP was presented and you are sure of not tampering the phone by given it for repair to unauthorize center, then your phone should be fixed for free within the period of your warranty.
What is the model of that samsung phone having the afformentioned issue?.

GT-S7582
IMEI-353408/06/279088/4

CSL job #: IKJ48437
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Electronzeez(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2014
iamchiddy:

GT-S7582
IMEI-353408/06/279088/4

CSL job #: IKJ48437

galaxy s duos: launch time december 2013...it came in to nigeria market late december towards january.
The job was booked in manually for some reason i don't understand which i think you are not saying as well - the job number ikj 48437 is for out of warranty job.

There is holiday currently, i'd have love to track that job.......
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 27, 2014
Electronzeez:

galaxy s duos: launch time december 2013...it came in to nigeria market late december towards january.
The job was booked in manually for some reason i don't understand which i think you are not saying as well - the job number ikj 48437 is for out of warranty job.

There is holiday currently, i'd have love to track that job.......

ok, thanks. I so much appreciate your effort.
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Electronzeez(m): 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
iamchiddy:

ok, thanks. I so much appreciate your effort.

uw, i wish you a fault free 'fone' in your next buy!.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Youngpo413: 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2014
iamchiddy:
I am done with Samsung after three attempts with same screen, touch pad and orisirisi errors. Piece of crappy technology. Samsung android phones are pure scams. Buyers BEWARE
my brother just try lumia its the best!
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by opinchinoo(m): 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2014
Truckpusher:
Sabinus,I wasn't referring to any particular Lumia rather I was talking about the entire Lumia Family.
lol of course u Av used all d fones in d Lumia family
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Lordmykel(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2014
Truckpusher:
Lol,

I was actually done with all the phones in the market as at that time and for sometimes I was using my nokia torch but as the pressure for a smart phone grew since I can't do some stuff with my lappy I decided to give another smart phone a try and that was how I ended up with that truck of a phone then my problems just started. cheesy
Truckpusher:
Lol,

cheesy i hope that is not what you're using to comment on this thread?

smileyif you have cash you could go for a new device !

shocked like seriously. Are you done with all the phones in the market?
I bet you have not tried "iphone 6 plus"

its in the market grin
Re: Top 10 Hottest Smartphones Of 2014 by Truckpusher(m): 8:49am On Dec 28, 2014
Lordmykel:

cheesy i hope that is not what you're using to comment on this thread?

smileyif you have cash you could go for a new device !

shocked like seriously. Are you done with all the phones in the market?
I bet you have not tried "iphone 6 plus"

its in the market grin
I never liked anything apple product after my bitter experience with an ipod I bought in 2008.
It wasn't communicating with other devices and for everything you do you have to download an 'i' this and an 'i' that and our network back then was just 2g and obsolete hence it became more of a burden and the final straw that broke the camels back was when the charger got bad I couldn't find replacement in PHC - I just dumped it at home and it's still new.

I got an iphone 6 but same old story - She hardly communicates with other devices like Samsung,Nokia,HTC and all the rest via Bluetooth et al.

I keep wondering why all the trade protectionism the Americans are practicing with their Iphone series while accusing China of doing the same with other gadgets and technology.

HTC and Samsung still remains my best bet anytime. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Any Experiencing Glo Bad Network??? / SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users / TECNO Unveils Spark 9 Pro Sport Edition, Designed By Bmw's Designworks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.