Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Sorry States Of Lagos Island - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry States Of Lagos Island (40901 Views)

Buhari 'Not Sorry' For 1983 Coup: Does Corruption Justify Military Action? / Molue Banned From Lagos Island / Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by IVORY2009(m): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2014
ALAYORMII:
You picked a small part of the Island and you conclude that the Island is in a sorry state.

Have been staying on the Island for the larger part of my life and I can tell you that eventhough there are parts that are like that bur they are very small part of the Island.

The place you called aroloya, I don't know that part that you pictured ooooo and you kept repeating the same pictures and you said you're not being malicious.

Even some parts of the USA and UK have ghettos.

Plz, tell us ur state of origin and let's see if ur Governor has done better than Fashola.

In as much as the Op has been able to come out with those pictures, to prove his point to us, lets leave politics aside and take a good look @ the pictures pasted by the Op, the last time I checked pictures do not tell lies, the OP frm the onset made it clear that he is not trying to bring down any political party, neither he is trying to promote any political party, the pix displayed by the OP should be condemned by you and not trying to takes sides with the present government or compare the OP's state governor with the governor of Lagos State, it is very wrong of you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by alexlee50: 11:09am On Dec 26, 2014
walexGodson:
@op ur village fine pass dis place?una go jst post tinz anyhow
wetin dey pain u for the picture? Is the op lying? If it were a pdp state or project carried out by FG, u would have been quick to condemn Jonathan, now that it is fashola no wrong has been done? Face it , fashola and tinubu his godfather have looted lagos state and put the state in debt for decades to come

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by M4gunners: 11:09am On Dec 26, 2014
sexyseun:
was it fashola that littered the gutters in the above pix with dirts and garbage? if you look closely you will see the gutter couldnt flow as a result of blockage and the dirty water spills on the road. All am saying is that we should imbibe the habit of cleanliness and one of the best way for us is to instill "force" which Buhari and tunde idiagbon did back then. Am not supporting any party either APC or PDP but i support a Govt that will make us sit down tight
No doubt the people has a big role to play in keeping the city clean . However, the Governor have not done enough on this.If i can remember KAI was introduced in Lagos by Tinubu back then, but dat won't deprive people from crossing the road when dia is no bridge for them or stop urinating on the road side unless you build Toilet for people to use. They are many young boys in Lagos doing nothing. Why can't he employ dem to be doing it instead of roaming around taxing innocent people for their Money.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 26, 2014
dytbabe:

I actually expect these kinds of comments

I bet if u live here, u wld have died of cholera
Anuofia
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by sademola: 11:11am On Dec 26, 2014
dytbabe:

If I start with u
Walahi u will commit murder

Why warning? Bring it on!
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by maestroferddi: 11:11am On Dec 26, 2014
sexyseun:
was it fashola that littered the gutters in the above pix with dirts and garbage? if you look closely you will see the gutter couldnt flow as a result of blockage and the dirty water spills on the road. All am saying is that we should imbibe the habit of cleanliness and one of the best way for us is to instill "force" which Buhari and tunde idiagbon did back then. Am not supporting any party either APC or PDP but i support a Govt that will make us sit down tight
The question is then what do the motley of agencies and task forces being created by LASG doing?

Is it only to use LASMA and KAI to persecute political opponents and help meet election ends?

The whole thing is a charade.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Themandator: 11:11am On Dec 26, 2014
No
dridowu:
Honestly, ds is true, it is a pity most local government are not complimenting the state government work, those LG are only there as figure head.

They did not set out to be figure head.... Somebody took away their capacity.

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by funkiebully: 11:12am On Dec 26, 2014
This is d APC's change.

Change to dirtiness

Change to tifnubu telling buhari How to rule us.

Change to tifnubu picking osibanjo and subsequently all the ministers.

Change to lies n dirty propaganda

Change indeed.

We need change from Apc's change.

Vote Agbaje for emancipation of Lagos from the clutches of darkness by tifnubu

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by ceekay247: 11:12am On Dec 26, 2014
Based on your pictures, truely, they are actually diverstating. But I noticed most of the roads are work-in-progress which showed that they are been attended to. I am neither a politician nor gov't worker but an average Lagosian that was born and stayed over 30yrs in the state; most of Lagos street roads were constructed even before the advent AD-AC-APC without drainages. Even, those with drainage, the drainage leads to no where. That is why the previous and present administration took time to interconnect all the minor and major canals before embaking on any street and constrution work. Pls. Lets bear with them. EKO O NI BAJE O....
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by smartigo: 11:12am On Dec 26, 2014
@dytbabe. U didn't do any smear campaign rather you performed your civil responsibility. The appropriate authorities will look into it.

Well done.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Sweetlemon(f): 11:13am On Dec 26, 2014
publisher:

Did Godswill Akpabio chase out everyone in Uyo before transforming the city into a modern spectacle *in zebrudaya's voice*

See you APC people making excuses for Fashola's failure to transform Lagos island in 8yrs in spite of the huge taxes/revenue that area generates for Tinubu, sorry i meant Lagos state govt.

APC...SHAME!

PS: I only saw ONE parked caterpilla in all those street pictures, there is NO construction work going on there. Lagos island is an ABANDONED project.

I repeat, DO NOT compare Uyo to Lagos. They are miles apart in terms of size and population. Why can't Akpabio develop other areas outside Uyo and parts of Ikot Ekpene??
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by iamord(m): 11:13am On Dec 26, 2014
sexyseun:
In as much as i hate commenting on politics section due to sentiments, i must say that we nigerians are practically dirty. Take a look at those pictures once again, you can see that the gutter is littered with refuse, Is the gutter a refuse dump? I was passing by one day and i saw some women throwing bags of dirts inside the gutter, one of them even had to force the dirts right inside the gutter, with all these dont you know the gutter wont flow and hereby dirty water will litter all over the roads and in no time the road will wear off?
When i was young my daddy said buhari and tunde idiagbon instilled discipline to we nigerians, they made us inculcate the habit of queuing, also environmental sanitation was a MUST not to forget quickly their WAI(War Against Indiscipline) programme. We need someone like Buhari who will make us all sit down tight
good point, I feel Nigerians must take a cue from what you have said and learn one or two from you, cos you are clean and beautiful
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2014
I HOPE AM SAFE OOOOOOOO
Shey they will not come attack me

Ejo ooo
Ayamu begging ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by rozayx5(m): 11:16am On Dec 26, 2014
Sweetlemon:

I repeat, DO NOT compare Uyo to Lagos. They are miles apart in terms of size and population. Why can't Akpabio develop other areas outside Uyo and parts of Ikot Ekpene ??

Bolded shows you have not been to Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Pajames4all: 11:17am On Dec 26, 2014
good news
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by iamord(m): 11:17am On Dec 26, 2014
Its simple!!! The average people are culturally dirty

4 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by critics: 11:17am On Dec 26, 2014
Amaechi currently leading in the best performing governors polls(all sectors of the economy inclusive)
you may join the polls here

https://www.nairaland.com/2052757/amaechi-currently-leading-best-nigerian/1#29212652
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 26, 2014
dytbabe:
I HOPE AM SAFE OOOOOOOO
Shey they will not come attack me

Ejo ooo
Ayamu begging ni
your picture go soon land for Nairaland, bet me grin
Na wetin them do me be that cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Zellie: 11:19am On Dec 26, 2014
Warrisdis shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by vanstanzy(m): 11:22am On Dec 26, 2014
dytbabe:
I am not a politician nor trying to promote any party
But lagos island is in a MESS

I came here for holidays and mehn, words can't simply express it

I was told this has been on for over 6months, ppeople dying and crying for help but non forthcoming
That water stinks

I am so angry, that I had to step out to take pictures

Our people in Lagos also share a great deal in the filthiness of their environment. My honest suggestion will be to build a better and completely closed drainage system, so the people don't throw rubbish into them ever again, and flood will not be able to push rubbish into the drains.
Drainage cleaners will only gain access into drains from step ladders. It will be an expensive project, but bet me its achievable and best in the long run. Because blocked drains doesn't force flood on the roads again, our roads will be much better and last longer.

3 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by funkiebully: 11:22am On Dec 26, 2014
Sweetlemon:

I repeat, DO NOT compare Uyo to Lagos. They are miles apart in terms of size and population. Why can't Akpabio develop other areas outside Uyo and parts of Ikot Ekpene??

Why cant fashola develop other part of Lagos apart from vi n lekki?

Have u been to ejigbo, ikotun, mushin, iyana ipaja, abule egba, ajah, ikorodu, badagry, isheri, okokomaiko, abule ado, idimu, etc
Are these areas not Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by maestroferddi: 11:24am On Dec 26, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Very funny post.

You cannot compare a mega city/state with Uyo. Please where else do you know of inAkwa-Ibom outside Uyo? FYI the population of the whole of Akwa-Ibom is not more than the size of Surulere.
Yet the two states take home the same allocation from the FG.
Please enlighten yourself and don't rely on propaganda alone.
We know about Ikot Ekpene, Eket and Abak but don't know about you. I am not from Akwa Ibom but there is no gainsaying the fact that Akpabio has raised the bar in the delivery of the dividends of democracy. Go to Akwa Ibom (not only Uyo) and confirm things for yourself. I had cause to have passed through Akwa Ibom on my way to Calabar and I was really impressed.

It is insulting to assert that the population of Surulere is greater than that of Akwa Ibom State. Please get your facts right and stop bandying laughable statistics about.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 26, 2014
Just imagine! This is the original Lagos, in the best of APC states, being run by the best of APC governors yet the place looks like a slum. And yet people will come here arguing about how APC is the best thing that happened to Lagos state and Nigeria.
Just imagine that with the massive revenue of Lagos state, there are still streets like this inside Lagos Island. How would the real Lagos slums now look like? This goes a long way to show that majority of APC supporters are sycophants.
PDP is evil, but APC is worse. Nigeria is messed up. Only God can rescue this Nation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Themandator: 11:25am On Dec 26, 2014
lockupman:
Don't be surprised that money has been allocated more than 3 times for its repair but the LGA would have embezzled the money. In my area, the roads are in a sorry state but money has been allocated up to 5 times for its repair but nothing came out.

Allocation doesn't equal release. Budget is not same as available fund.... A trillion can be allocated to roads but only when Cash is available nd distributed amongst competing needs are jobs undertaken

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by vanstanzy(m): 11:27am On Dec 26, 2014
iamord:
Its simple!!! The average people are culturally dirty

Straight to the point, i like that. That is why engineering controls have to be put in place on our drains. You can't change people, God's creation but you can change man's creation, the design of our drainage system.

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nogen: 11:28am On Dec 26, 2014
Mynd44:
Wetin you find go island when Maryland, Yaba and Surulere dey?

Is Island not part of Fashola jurisdiction? Is Island not a part of Lagos State! Fashola should fix those roads before he leaves office. Anyways, I can't wait to vote Jimi Agbaje come February 2014.

4 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Themandator: 11:31am On Dec 26, 2014
Sweetlemon:

You don't know Akwa Ibom state.... Agreed both are not to be compared as the pressure on the infrastructures are dissimilar due to the population difference but Fashola, unlike Akpabio, doesn't build from scratch.... He only needs to resurface, like in this instance

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Locapito(m): 11:31am On Dec 26, 2014
sufido123:
APC and Fashola are working. Change indeed!
still better pdp and Jonathan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari During An Interview In London Earlier Today - Photos / 2019: Asari Dokubo Supports Atiku Abubakar, Dismisses Fayose, Tambuwal / 2023 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.