Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Sorry States Of Lagos Island - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry States Of Lagos Island (40863 Views)

Buhari 'Not Sorry' For 1983 Coup: Does Corruption Justify Military Action? / Molue Banned From Lagos Island / Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2014
I am not a politician nor trying to promote any party
But lagos island is in a MESS

I came here for holidays and mehn, words can't simply express it

I was told this has been on for over 6months, ppeople dying and crying for help but non forthcoming
That water stinks

I am so angry, that I had to step out to take pictures

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 8:08am On Dec 26, 2014
Princess street

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Mynd44: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2014
Wetin you find go island when Maryland, Yaba and Surulere dey?

16 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2014
Binuyo street

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by tit(f): 8:12am On Dec 26, 2014
is this aba?
Tinubu, Eko oti b'aje ooo!
Remove that useless jagbjanstic boy fashola you put to spoil your good work in lagos.
fashola is a failure,
that is why APC reject him as VP candidate!

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by hurricaneChris: 8:12am On Dec 26, 2014
That was a place a prospective client took me for inspection in Lekki, I swore that wasn't part of Lagos we live in.

Many places on the island need Govt's help.

19 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Sylvarresta(m): 8:13am On Dec 26, 2014
Mtchew....
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dridowu: 8:13am On Dec 26, 2014
Honestly, ds is true, it is a pity most local government are not complimenting the state government work, those LG are only there as figure head.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 8:14am On Dec 26, 2014
Idumagbo avenue

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by tit(f): 8:15am On Dec 26, 2014
dridowu:
Honestly, ds is true, it is a pity most local government are not complimenting the state government work, those LG are only there as figure head.

fashola (and tinubu) have embezzle all lagos local government money.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 8:19am On Dec 26, 2014
Aroloya

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by walexGodson(m): 8:21am On Dec 26, 2014
@op ur village fine pass dis place?una go jst post tinz anyhow

5 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 8:21am On Dec 26, 2014
Onola
He's actually building some phase one or two there
I dunno

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 8:24am On Dec 26, 2014
Dunno names jor
But the whole of lagos island is in a sorry state

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 8:25am On Dec 26, 2014
I think I got tired walking about

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by sufido123: 8:25am On Dec 26, 2014
APC and Fashola are working. Change indeed!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by neily(f): 8:30am On Dec 26, 2014
Fashola is definitely working in Lagos state. The picture speaks. That Was actually his target for Nigeria If he becomes vice president. Buhari has bigger plans than this. That is why they belong to the same group.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Unemadu: 8:32am On Dec 26, 2014
Hahahaha!!!! This is why i laugh at people that engage in tribal superiority contest.

Just look at this sad

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by oduastates: 8:37am On Dec 26, 2014
Still better than your homestate.
I see earth moving equipments on the site .maclatunji:

Hahaahahah, be objective. I know that many Lagos Island roads are under construction but there has to be better project management to avoid this ugly pictures that do the people and tbe government no good.

What makes you think OP is from outside Lagos?

There is no perfect person, system or government. Governor Fashola should step-up his hustle on these projects.

Budget 101

There is a difference between

1 i have N5000 in the bank to buy a wrist watch (Qatar)

2 I was hoping to be able to raise N5000 (from taxes )in the next year , to buy a watch. but my roof ha started leaking today. I will try to raise the money next year.

3 I am hoping to raise N5000 for my saving account ( do nothing)

Apart from number one who has endless supply of money , you are assuming from the theory of the expectation that everything goes on smoothly on a project.
E.g There is hardly a project in Lagos which does not go through litigation. People are always suing the government for the most mundane of things.
Ebola was not budgetted for . The Lagos state government took on the responsibilities of the absent federal government.
Do you know that the Lagos metro project is being held back by Jonathan's government envious politics and bad belle .the metro has to go through a corridor held by the federal government (not owned ,all lands in Lagos are on lease )

Reality is a b*t*ch . Project management,PMP and prince 2 theory stops at the doors of reality . No project get done without money.
When funds are limited or when the hope of project being funded has a small window of opportunity, your theory goes out of the window.
Lagos is a poor state single handedly carrying the weight of a country.houses are being built and Streets are being created faster than the state can afford to pave old streets or repair damaged roads.

Finally ,There are those who genuinely want to draw the attention of the SG to their neighbourhood. There are also those who want to introduce that regressive type of governance and politics . Their job is that being down the best amongst us like they did to Awolowo.

Food for thought
You only need to visit the group Facebook pages of the person who put up post like this . Just 2 out of every 10 post is made by someone can be considered as making a measured or critical opinion .whether for or against, you've to respect the opinions of such people.
The irony was that most of the post against APC were made by persons who reside but are not from those states.
Their states are too good and transformational for them to stay.
Hmm , you wonder why?
No concept of government or governance . That is why.
Why should you listen to such people.
You have 2 choices if you are still sitting on the fence. Your culture , values and future or a street no one has heard of.
Mobilise to extricate ourselves from that cesspit. Time to end monkey dey work baboon dey chop country.

In 6 months in a bad economy .
This is what was declared , most of it has probably gone undeclared

Value Added Tax :N407.95bn,
Company Income Tax of N422.63bn
Customs & Excise Duties of N257.91bn

Most of this is coming out of Lagos , ogun and Ibadan . Like someone wrote ,Even after compensating for loss of population. That is more money being taken out of Lagos than any state contributes.
True federalism and resource control will change that.

24 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 8:41am On Dec 26, 2014
So u know I am a lagosian
I can see, am not blind
When things are needed to be done, it should be

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by sademola: 8:41am On Dec 26, 2014
Haterz!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 26, 2014
Absolutely disgusting, even though most of the drains in those pictures are newly constructed, they still don't flow to the lagoon. That area need serious overhauling. People actually live here.

Failure of government i must say. I am sure the government generates huge taxes from this area

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by ikweremilitant: 8:47am On Dec 26, 2014
tit:
is this aba?
Tinubu, Eko oti b'aje ooo!
Remove that useless jagbjanstic boy fashola you put to spoil your good work in lagos.
fashola is a failure,
that is why APC reject him as VP candidate!
ha! A.p.c change the way u decieve gulable nigerians,especaly your e-ode on nairaland.

17 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 8:48am On Dec 26, 2014
oduastates:
I see earth moving equipments on the site .
sademola:
Haterz!!!
grin grin grin
I actually expect these kinds of comments

I bet if u live here, u wld have died of cholera
Anuofia

65 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by ikweremilitant: 8:53am On Dec 26, 2014
dridowu:
hahaha look at them.shameles crictist.so comenting a govts job is in ur dictionary?would have made dis coment if its about gej.so fasholas cluelesnes have being exposed with a boxing day knockout punch,ure busy finding a soft landing 4 hm.shame on all u gejs haters.

39 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by maclatunji: 9:12am On Dec 26, 2014
oduastates:
I see earth moving equipments on the site .

Hahaahahah, be objective. I know that many Lagos Island roads are under construction but there has to be better project management to avoid this ugly pictures that do the people and tbe government no good.

What makes you think OP is from outside Lagos?

There is no perfect person, system or government. Governor Fashola should step-up his hustle on these projects.

23 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by maclatunji: 9:14am On Dec 26, 2014
Obiagelli:
Absolutely disgusting, even though most of the drains in those pictures are newly constructed, they still don't flow to the lagoon. That area need serious overhauling. People actually live here.

Failure of government i must say. I am sure the government generates huge taxes from this area

Poor project management, don't start a project until you are ready to complete it in time. Lagos Island roads are taking too long to reconstruct.

10 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 26, 2014
maclatunji:

Poor project management, don't start a project until you are ready to complete it in time. Lagos Island roads are taking too long to reconstruct.
You are very correct. If only there's a way they can shut down activities in the area to all serious reconstruction

5 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 26, 2014
What's this?

This can't be the Lagos I know..

This is worst,village life is better..

In one word- slum.

45 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by wetdspace(m): 9:28am On Dec 26, 2014
Wait o...is dis front page or back page?
Anyway we don't need to enjoy christmas wit dis Pishur which it seems you've posted the same thing too many times...
Merry christmas to you all.!

Please Don't forget the poor that are around you or far from you.
Be positive.!
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by asodeboyede(m): 9:28am On Dec 26, 2014
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath
bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons
of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because
it knew him not.
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth
not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that,
when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we
shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth
himself, even as he is pure.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ferry Gberegbe's Children Gets N200M Scholarship From Wike / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Pastor And His Two Workers During Attack In Edo (graphic) / Governor El-Rufai Weeps On Meeting Boy Whose Eyes Were Removed By Ritualists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.