Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,778 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k (27478 Views)

Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting / Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by spillyboy14: 6:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
f
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by victorazy(m): 6:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
Cooo
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by santana45: 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
People in authority making life difficult for their fellow country men since 1960.

3 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
Welcome to the base-the land of dream killers.
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by wazobiaN9(m): 6:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
masterpower:
WHY WON'T THE APC PHARISEES CALL FOR THE HEAD OF THE CONTROLER GENERAL OF CUSTOMS?

HE IS A NORTHERN MUSLIM THEREFORE IS A SAINT.

NIGERIANS ARE THIEVES EVERYWHERE THEY GO.

you are a disgrace to humanity for being so insensitive, attempting to politicise someone's suffering and pain.

In fact, I am in order to suggest that you are not human... you exhibit an obstinate non-human syndrome akin to a goat.

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by onadana: 6:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
Container worth 33million...yet had difficulty to clear it.If only the right thing was done...I doubt if he would be in this position.

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by duni04(m): 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
obowunmi:
Isn't Atiku a customs boss?
grin

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by erico2k2(m): 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
gen2briz:

You mean stealing is not corruption.... Lol
Stealing is no corruption
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
wot a miracle?
I neva hear say na PDP or ACN fault.....
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by erico2k2(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
onadana:
Container worth 33million...yet had difficulty to clear it.If only the right thing was done...I doubt if he would be in this position.
I don't think the whole story was told here, why would I ship a container and I have no means to clear it? I will wait till I get at least %90 of clearing cost.

2 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by Spirit1(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
onadana:

What do you mean by the right thing He can be made to pay fees and fines, or at least be part of the auction. Why would customs sell a container worth more than N33 million for only N250,000 They simply sell it to themselves through the back door.
If they must auction, make it a fair and open process.

Government is losing billions through such secret corrupt auction.

5 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by erico2k2(m): 6:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
santana45:
People in authority making life difficult for their fellow country men since 1960.
I dont think its the fault of people in Authority, His container got into expired free time.
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by stagger: 6:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
I will lay the blame squarely on this man.

When people do things without information in a country like ours where impunity is the order of the day, they are only asking for trouble. I have bought and shipped in several cars from abroad and never had an issue. Always make sure that you have money for clearing your goods kept aside whenever you are shipping anything. If this fellow had done this, he would not be in this mess now. How do you containerize goods worth N33m and then just ship to Nigeria without your having money to pay for the clearance?

God Himself said: "My people perish for lack of knowledge."

You don't operate without knowledge in a society where impunity reigns supreme and justice is a world away.

6 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by amusbay(m): 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
For how long are we going to leaving in these type of sorrow and corrupt system? NCS are licensed arm robbers.. We need changes in the system.

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by amusbay(m): 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
erico2k2:

I dont think its the fault of people in Authority, His container got into expired free time.
Nigerian are eating the flesh of their fellow Nigerian to acquire wealth! So sad indeed.

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by Abduletudaye(m): 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
Chai! They've do him 'welcome back to naija' sad
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by erico2k2(m): 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
Spirit1:

What do you mean by the right thing He can be made to pay fees and fines, or at least be part of the auction. Why would customs sell a container worth more than N33 million for only N250,000 They simply sell it to themselves through the back door.

I dunno if you had shipped a container B4, the rules are very clear,if you pass ur free time it goes on Auction.The reason being the fees must have reached a stage whereby its not worth clearing.
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by bynat(f): 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
God wil give u wat is really consoling to u.
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by erico2k2(m): 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
amusbay:
For how long are we going to leaving in these type of sorrow and corrupt system? NCS are licensed arm robbers.. We need changes in the system.
How was NCS corrupt?
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by Donbrig: 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
Nigerian Custom Officers are the most corrupt in the world, they will make life miserabe for you, to enable them connive on how to sell your goods. Our Airports and Seaports is a total mess, that's where PDP has landed us all. And they are asking for 4 more years to enable them continue with their miserable system of government. Jesus wept, Buhari wept and now I am weeping for Nigeria.
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by Spirit1(m): 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
Nigerian customs sold by Jeep worth N5.5 million for only N50,000!!!!!!
Yes , my offense is that the chassis number in the bill of lading did not match what is only the car. I explained and brought papers, even police clearance and affidavits from the U.S. to no avail.
Before I know it, car was auctioned to a faceless front of the senior officers.

This is just one way that the FG frustrates innocent Nigerians. How can you sell a car worth N5.5 million for N50,000.
If customs must auction seized items, let it be transparent. FG can utilize an independent auctioner. Publish all seized items online and let all citizens bid fairly for it.
That my car could have been sold for say N4 million easily as auction and this guys container for N20 million.

Imagine how much FG looses through this process that is conducted in secrecy??

Why are our people and FG corrupt this way.

GEJ and ministry of finance can change this immediately. It's no big deal. Just have an online site for auctioning government seized or surplus items.

Check out one for USA government :

www.govdeals.com

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by Misogynist2014(m): 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
Very sad.
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by Spirit1(m): 7:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
erico2k2:

How was NCS corrupt?

Did you just ask that question?? God forgive you and all Nigerians. Are you ignorant or for real?
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by onadana: 7:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
Spirit1:

In as much as I sympathize with this fellow....pause a moment and look at the scenario....would you do such?I know what am talking about....I know people who import 100's of containers on a daily bases and yet experience no hassles.I know the system is corrupt....since we know...you must do all you can to get your goods cleared through the proper agents and channels. cool cool
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by erico2k2(m): 7:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
Spirit1:
Nigerian customs sold by Jeep worth N5.5 million for only N50,000!!!!!!
Yes , my offense is that the chassis number in the bill of lading did not match what is only the car. I explained and brought papers, even police clearance and affidavits from the U.S. to no avail.
Before I know it, car was auctioned to a faceless front of the senior officers.

This is just one way that the FG frustrates innocent Nigerians. How can you sell a car worth N5.5 million for N50,000.
If customs must auction seized items, let it be transparent. FG can utilize an independent auctioner. Publish all seized items online and let all citizens bid fairly for it.
That my car could have been sold for say N4 million easily as auction and this guys container for N20 million.

Imagine how much FG looses through this process that is conducted in secrecy??

Why are our people and FG corrupt this way.

GEJ and ministry of finance can change this immediately. It's no big deal. Just have an online site for auctioning government seized or surplus items.

Check out one for USA government :

www.govdeals.com
Seriously? oh boy see Gobe.Who made that Error?
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by vigasimple(m): 7:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
stagger:
I will lay the blame squarely on this man.

When people do things without information in a country like ours where impunity is the order of the day, they are only asking for trouble. I have bought and shipped in several cars from abroad and never had an issue. Always make sure that you have money for clearing your goods kept aside whenever you are shipping anything. If this fellow had done this, he would not be in this mess now. How do you containerize goods worth N33m and then just ship to Nigeria without your having money to pay for the clearance?

God Himself said: "My people perish for lack of knowledge."

You don't operate without knowledge in a society where impunity reigns supreme and justice is a world away.

Thank you.

The mistake is solely on the man who shipped his goods without making provision for cost of clearing it.

why not buy goods of 28m and use the rest 5 million to clear it? or is he planning not pay custom duty?

Is common sense completely gone?
I do feel sorry for him but the same result would have happened in the country where he is living.

Lesson here for the future of would be for people shipping goods to Nigeria. Make sure you have money to clear your goods on time.

2 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by adedejisy: 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
There is still hope as there is life...Just look unto God and I promise you will recover...study the book of Job...i wish you goodluck
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by erico2k2(m): 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
Spirit1:

Did you just ask that question?? God forgive you and all Nigerians. Are you ignorant or for real?
Im saying for these to happen it must be a fault of the shipper.If you dont give avenue for these wolves they wont eat you/.
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by erico2k2(m): 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2014
vigasimple:

Thank you.

The mistake is solely on the man who shipped his goods without making provision for cost of clearing it.

why not buy goods of 28m and use the rest 5 million to clear it? or is he planning not pay custom duty?

Is common sense completely gone?
I do feel sorry for him but the same result would have happened in the country where he is living.

Lesson here for the future of would be for people shipping goods to Nigeria. Make sure you have money to clear your goods on time.
I agree with you and this is what I keep saying,how can I ship a car of N5M and I dont have money to clear it, what rubish
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by Spirit1(m): 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2014
onadana:
[color=#006600][/color]

In as much as I sympathize with this fellow....pause a moment and look at the scenario....would you do such?I know what am talking about....I know people who import 100's of containers on a daily bases and yet experience no hassles.I know the system is corrupt....since we know...you must do all you can to get your goods cleared through the proper agents and channels. cool cool

I have no problem with government seizing items, containers and contraband and auctioning them.
My problem is when you sell items worth millions of Naira for peanuts in secret. The process is not transparent. Government is loosing money and enriching customs officers because of this.
In this Internet age the process can be transparent and fair opportunity given to anybody to bid on these auctions.

Do you know that customs auctions hundreds of cars and containers every month. Go and buy as an ordinary citizen. No way!! The items are sold to fictitious names and people

4 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by qualityovenbake(m): 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
Pitiful. All those years working and hustling in Europe has just been in vain. Goods worth N33m auction for N250k, the auctioneers and those in charge of the auction are criminals. The Nigeria Port Authority and the Nigeria Custom Service must look into this matter. For God sake these is someone's life and family they are toying with.

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by Speakdatruth: 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
masterpower:
WHY WON'T THE APC PHARISEES CALL FOR THE HEAD OF THE CONTROLER GENERAL OF CUSTOMS?

HE IS A NORTHERN MUSLIM THEREFORE IS A SAINT.

NIGERIANS ARE THIEVES EVERYWHERE THEY GO.
i tink u hav mental problem?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rita Daniels Rallies Support For Lauretta Onochie, Decries Attacks / Lai Mohammed: Nigeria’s Security Situation Better Than In 2015 / APC Primaries: Adamu Accused Of Altering Delegates Lists, Group Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.