Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k (27460 Views)

Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting / Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by 100Cents: 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
This is obviously corruption.

The evil that men do lives with them.

Customs men are just enriching themselves illegally like policemen ..

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by betterabia: 9:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
is that the best he can do? nothing more? he can't go to court and get justice?
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by otokx(m): 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
I always tell people that relocate from Nigeria, do not come back, go and stay there and die there and be buried there. Any attempt to build house or set up business back here will only end ultimately in heartbreak for 98% that attempt.

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by macklef(m): 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
I cant help but blame the man. He was a greedy man if i must say.

How would u ship a container worth 33Million naira and not have upto 2million naira to clear it?
The last quote i got for clearing a 20ft container was just more than a mill. Lets say its now very expensive

And due to the new policy RAAR or watever its called and he cant devalue his goods to evade custom duties.
This is where he was a fool because he contacted an agent after the goods must have landed.

This should have been done before he even thought of shipping anything, he should have confided with an agent to put him thru d cons of what he was about to venture and possibly the estimated financial involvement

This would have informed him, if he should rather go for a groupage and thus reduce the amount of imports, or prepare avenues to source for fund on eventuality of the estimated sum

People just look at the profit dey stand d chance of gaining not critically weighing the risks.
Wicked customs by the way, am sure its an inside deal to rip the man off. Thats how they buy flashy cars and exotic houses.

Issac john, if utmost good faith was not ur ordeal buying that auctioned goods at such a ridiculous price,
Niggar, awoof dey purge belle. Be warned.

I feel pained.

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by StealthyMe(m): 10:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
Saddening embarassed

E for just find person wey go buy am on his behalf...
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by StealthyMe(m): 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
Saddening embarassed

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by lagdmark(m): 12:23am On Dec 27, 2014
people will always blame the country for their own mistakes and would never take responsibity for their actions, too bad.
If the story is true, how can you buy goods worth over 33million and cannot make solid arrange for the clearing.
relocating to nigeria after 25 years with a 40ft container and off, just like that.

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by 19naia(m): 2:09am On Dec 27, 2014
He must have been out of Nigeria for so long as to forget that you never enter any venture into Nigeria without the means to pay your way in and pay your way out.... Or live in loss and hustling squalor like so many other Nigerians do with never a chance to leave the country nor work a life time to amass a container of 33m naira in goods...

Actually, I cant even say most americans or UK born citizens can afford 33m naira in goods even after a long lifetime of work... People are mostly busy feeling for their meager daily bread and drink...

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by laoma15(m): 3:28am On Dec 27, 2014
This is a case of day light robberry! This can only happen in Nigeria. Jungle justice system. My advise to the returnees; do not put your egg in Nigeria basket. Every sector of the country is corrupt! Dont take your hard earn money back into that place. Everyone who has done so has regretted.
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by boyt1: 3:54am On Dec 27, 2014
laoma15:
This is a case of day light robberry! This can only happen in Nigeria. Jungle justice system. My advise to the returnees; do not put your egg in Nigeria basket. Every sector of the country is corrupt! Dont take your hard earn money back into that place. Everyone who has done so has regretted.
you are frustrated and hopeless with your ideas.
i do ship 40ft from on Hamburg on a regular basis like most other importers. Dont just jump into anything in life without proper planning and information. when i desided to move my investments to nigeria i did it in stages with planning
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by ceo003: 4:55am On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by nodictatorship: 7:34am On Dec 27, 2014
Yeah right,auctioning a 33million worth of goods for 250k/stop the enviness i beg

barcanista:
of course. We all know the effect of overstayed containers on our ports and also the maritime sector. Sometimes, I don't blame government agencies for taking actions such as this. If you check properly, the customs acted within the ambit of the law
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by nodictatorship: 7:40am On Dec 27, 2014
Really? when did you start shipping in these containers cos i knew you from other threads asking about how to visit paris,cos u don't agree with other posters opinion doesnt mean you should conclude they are frustrated and before rushing to comment out of anger you need to work on your english and stop being gullible..

boyt1:

you are frustrated and hopeless with your ideas.
i do ship 40ft from on Hamburg on a regular basis like most other importers. Dont just jump into anything in life without proper planning and information. when i desided to move my investments to nigeria i did it in stages with planning
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by BizBloke(m): 8:23am On Dec 27, 2014
chronique:
That's the mistake a lot of Nigerians living in Europe and America make. They ship all manner of items down to naija,with the hope that they'd have raised the clearing fee before it gets here. When the container or vehicles land and they haven't been able to raise the fees,the containers/vehicles starts to accrue demurrage and sometimes once it stays for 90 days,it becomes govt property and would be sold for peanuts. But the truth is that,this particular container wasn't sold for 250k. 250k is what would be paid to the govt but trust me on this one,the officers involved in this transaction from top to bottom,must have collected real cash. A rough estimate of what the final allotee would pay,would be in the range of around 5m. If you must import anything to Nigeria,make sure you have your clearing fees at hand before it lands. Any other option is what I'd like to call "sorry". The fact is that,there are people who wait for containers and vehicles,to enter overtime and once they get the info,they start working on how to get it out. While you're busy sending letter from one dept to the other,they are busy crediting one account or the other and getting their goods. You can't blame nobody.

Very true!

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by stevecantrell: 9:03am On Dec 27, 2014
StealthyMe:
Saddening embarassed

I can tell you that even that would not be possible.

Issac John (customs) was programmed to win that bid.

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by nodictatorship: 9:10am On Dec 27, 2014
You just said it right cos if not how would goods valued at 33m be sold out for 250k?

stevecantrell:

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 27, 2014
Hmmmmm u must become a MONSTER to fight a MONSTER. I go kill person I swear......
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by StealthyMe(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2014
stevecantrell:

Oh...so twas preplanned undecided

The people at the helm of affairs though embarassed

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by marv1: 11:00am On Dec 27, 2014
Chai. This is robbery. Nigeria is a place of abnormal things. Where on earth can things like this be done. And yet govt claimed to be fighting unemployement while also removing food frm retirees taking to level zero.
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by Wisegeek01(m): 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
Never put all your Eggs in one Basket !!

*life savings*
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by osholuamhe: 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nigerians are so myopic. We only read the
peripheral meaning of a statement. What
GEJ meant is that "corruption" is a watered
down term for "stealing". In the mind of a
lot of Nigerians, the word "corruption" does
not inspire more frown as when you use
the word "steal". Give the man a breathing space.

If somebody's wife goes to bed with another man, it is Jonathan. All hypocrites!
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by erico2k2(m): 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
osholuamhe:
Nigerians are so myopic. We only read the
peripheral meaning of a statement. What
GEJ meant is that "corruption" is a watered
down term for "stealing". In the mind of a
lot of Nigerians, the word "corruption" does
not inspire more frown as when you use
the word "steal". Give the man a breathing space.

If somebody's wife goes to bed with another man, it is Jonathan. All hypocrites!
GEJ was right the word corruption is def not stealing.curruption do not always involve money as per miopic minds
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by rafcrown(m): 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
THERE ARE SOMETHINGS WRONG SOMEWHERE.THE SYSTEM IS REALLY BAD .
InvertedHammer:
/
First thing first, before shipping any consignment, one should ensure that the fund for clearing it is available.

People do this all the time. They ship goods and have no concrete contingent plan to clear the goods. In some cases where the containers are consolidated, some will not come up with their clearance fund thereby incurring demurrage on goods that otherwise should have been cleared in a few days.

The people that are highly connected and profit from the stupidity of such importers usually pray for such amateurs to ship their goods.
\
Re: Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k by franugo(m): 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
ZACHIE:
Someone's error is someone else's gain.
Containers are not randomly auctioned except there is active Intel of high value, and gross negligence.
It seems all the ingredients were complete here.
Car is involved.
He left the container for long hoping on waivers.
And the vultures encircled him.
Sorry.
This case is hopeless. Aint jack he do about it.
It is dead,buried,exhumed and peacwfully

but it said he has spent over 3million already trying 2 clear the container

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Sinking Under Buhari – APC Group / Okorocha’s Aides, Imo Lawmakers Defect To DPP / N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.