Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:41 AM

Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive (193723 Views)

Appreciation To Kakakibuy: 2003 Silver Toyota Corolla Delivered / ***Kakakibuy + MOBBDEEP DELIVERED 2004 BMW 320i**Europa To Naija*PICS** / ***Kakakibuy + Joker5180 DELIVERED 2002 Mercedes Benz C240**Ohio To Naija*PICS** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (342) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 6:03am On Jan 21, 2015
Flush these fluids every two years: power steering fluid, brake fluid, and cooling system anti-freeze. Check this timetable against your owner's manual. Newer cars generally allow longer intervals between changes. Change transmission fluid & filter at least every 50,000 miles (40k to 45k is even better). If you have gone over 50,000 miles without a change, on many transmissions, it is best to NOT change it and hope for the best. Often putting new transmission fluid in a trans that has too many miles on the fluid will actually cause problems because it can break down 'varnish' and other gums/solids that have built up in the trans due to over-used fluid.

We don't resell cars for profit. Pay exact costs only!!!
Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2015
Be patient during the break-in period You’ve bought your dream car and now you want to make it last at long as possible in top condition. Here are some things to remember as you pull it out of the dealer’s lot:

During the break-in period, typically the first 1,000 miles (1,600 km), keep your speed under 55 mph (88 kpm) or to the speed recommended by your car’s manufacturer.
Avoid heavy loads on the drive train, such as towing trailers, and loading the roof rack or trunk with heavy construction materials.
Do not allow your new car to idle for long periods — this is good advice for the life of your car, but especially during breakin. The oil pressure generated by doing so may not be sending oil to every part of your engine.
Use only light to medium acceleration, keeping the engine rpms below 3,000 for the first few hours of driving.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 9:44am On Jan 21, 2015
Preserve your car during long-term storage If you are not going to use your car for more than a month, store it properly to prevent unnecessary damage and repairs upon your return.

Fill the gas tank to help prevent condensation from accumulating in the gas tank. Add a fuel stabilizer and drive the car around a bit to distribute the additive to engine parts.
Wash and wax the car thoroughly to protect the finish.
Place a vapor barrier on your garage floor. A 4-mil polyethylene drop cloth will do.
Disengage the parking brake to help avoid brake corrosion.
Put the car on jack stands to take the weight of the vehicle off the wheels and tires.
Disconnect and remove the battery to keep it from draining. Place the battery on a trickletype charger. Or periodically drain the battery, using a small light bulb, and then recharge it with a low-volt charger.
Plug the tailpipe with a rag to prevent moist air from infiltrating into it.
Car Interior

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 11:31am On Jan 21, 2015
Blast mats with the hose When washing your car, drag out the rubber or carpet floor mats and blast them with the hose.This will dislodge dirt particles that, if allowed to build up, will grind holes in your mats. Let the mats dry thoroughly in the sun before reinstalling them.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
Keep an auto log Keep a pad and pencil in the glove compartment and use them to record your gas fill-ups and mileage. If you notice that your gas mileage worsens, mention it to your service man. It may be an early warning sign that something is wrong with your car.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 5:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
Brakes are a vital component of your vehicle. Poor brake performance and condition can result in substantially longer braking distances potentially placing you and your passengers in danger.
Squealing brakes, grinding on your rotors or unusual vibrations may indicate your brakes need replacing.
Another sign of worn brakes is poor brake performance.
Ensure that your vehicle's brake fluid is full.
Always use the recommended brake fluid for you vehicle, this can be found in your owner's manual.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 8:02am On Jan 22, 2015
Don’t let tools mar your car’s finish If you plan to service and make repairs to your car, invest in a fender cover. It drapes over your fender, providing a safe place to rest your tools without causing scratches. It will also prevent your belt buckle from marring your paint as you lean into the engine compartment to work.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2015
Fix bad weatherstripping immediately If your weatherstripping is letting rainwater leak into the interior of your car, take a look at it and decide if you can repair it or if it needs to be replaced. Small leaks can be handled with brush-on seam sealers. Resecure loose sections, not otherwise damaged, with trim adhesive. Torn sections may be repaired with special caulking available at auto parts stores. You may also be able to extend the life of worn-but-intact sections by inserting foam rods, available at automotive stores, into the hollow section of the weatherstripping. If you decide to replace entire sections of gasket, don’t simply buy generic stuff such as you’d use around the house. Buy a product that matches your car’s original weatherstripping — it’s available in a wide variety of profiles from dealerships and automotive mail-order catalogues.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 11:25am On Jan 23, 2015
Wipe oil pan plug clean If you do your own oil changes, clean the drain plug and washer with rags before re installing your oil pan. Some plugs are magnetized to trap metal particles.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 12:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
The battery is the key component of your car's electrical system and the main cause of vehicle breakdowns. A number of simple steps can be taken to ensure your battery is kept in optimum condition all year round.
Check battery terminals regularly to ensure they are clean and tight.
Ensure that the electrolyte level is correct, if topping up only use distilled water. Many newer batteries are maintenance free and won't require topping up.
Make sure the battery is secure.
If your battery has not been replaced in 3 – 4 years consider a replacement as battery failures often occur with no warning.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 7:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
Blast mats with the hose When washing your car, drag out the rubber or carpet floor mats and blast them with the hose.This will dislodge dirt particles that, if allowed to build up, will grind holes in your mats. Let the mats dry thoroughly in the sun before reinstalling them.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 11:50am On Jan 24, 2015
Check power-steering fluid Check the power-steering fluid once a month with the car warmed up. If the level is low, have the hoses and pump inspected for leaks. In addition to making your car difficult to steer, low power-steering fluid will damage the power-steering pump. Be sure to use the powersteering fluid recommended for you car

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
Most transmission work is best left to the experts however the following tips will help ensure your transmission operates correctly.Ensure that the transmission fluid level remains filled to the correct level, check owner's manual for details on checking levels.
Ensure fluid is not discoloured or burnt.
Always use the correct type of oil for your car, this can be found by referring to your owner's manual.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 4:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
Preserve door and window seals Wipe a rubber protectant (such as Armor-All) or silicone on door and window weatherstripping to keep it in good condition. Don’t use an oilbased product, such as WD-40, because the oil will damage the rubber. Regular cleaning and treatment of your car’s weatherstripping will also lessen the likelihood of your door sticking to its rubber seal in cold weather, a common cause of damage to the rubber.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 3:01pm On Jan 25, 2015
Seal a leaky radiator Save the high expense of a new radiator by trying to seal a leak with a radiator sealer, such as Alumaseal from Gold Eagle Co. Available in powder or liquid form, the product circulates in the radiator until it gets to the hole, where it sets up and fills the hole upon contact with the air. Alumaseal may be used to stop heater core leaks as well.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 6:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
Clean the inside, too Vacuum and sponge your interior every time you wash your car. Dirt particles are abrasive, and spilled liquids, such as soda, can be corrosive.Vacuum your interior thoroughly with a powerful vacuum (small cordless models are generally too weak). Use the appropriate wand heads when vacuuming. The bare metal wand can mar and scratch surfaces. Sponge vinyl surfaces clean with a solution of mild detergent and water.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
Clean dash gauges carefully Use a soft damp cloth to lightly wipe dust from the clear plastic lenses on your dashboard. Too much pressure will scratch them. Too many scratches can make it difficult to read your gauges under certain lighting conditions.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 12:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
Keep leather from drying out and cracking Leather cars seats are durable and don’t require a lot of maintenance. After a few years, however, the seats can become soiled. Use a leather cleaner to remove dirt and stains.Then apply a leather protectant formulated for pigmented or top-coated grain leather (the leather used for most leather car upholstery). Protectants will resist stains and make the upholstery easier to clean in the future. Choose a protectant that includes conditioners to keep your leather supple.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 2:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
For stubborn carpet or mat stains After vacuuming floor mats or interior carpeting, apply foam rug cleaner to resistant stains as directed by the maker. Work the foam into a few square feet at a time, using a wet sponge or brush. Vacuum when dry.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 9:41am On Jan 27, 2015
Inspect wheel-well splashguards These guards, however flimsy on many of today’s cars, help keep water and winter’s salty slush from splashing up into the engine compartment, where it can damage sensitive electrical components. Unfortunately, these guards tear off easily — sometimes without the driver knowing it. Check for damage to these guards when you wash your car. Re-secure with the appropriate fasteners or replace as needed. As added protection from splashed-up muck, slush, and debris, install mud flaps (also called splash guards) on your vehicle.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 11:55am On Jan 27, 2015
Power steering fluid should be checked regularly to ensure it is filled to capacity. The fluid can be checked via the reservoir. For the specific location relating to your vehicle please check your owner's manual.
Only use the recommended oil for your car, this information can be found in your owner's manual.
Never over fill the reservoir.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
Care for anti-lock brakes An anti-lock brake system is sensitive to moisture, which can ruin the expensive ABS pump and rot the brake lines from the inside. Since brake fluid attracts moisture, it should be “bled” or purged at least every three years, or as specified in your owner’s manual.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 9:22am On Jan 28, 2015
Keep an auto log Keep a pad and pencil in the glove compartment and use them to record your gas fill-ups and mileage. If you notice that your gas mileage worsens, mention it to your service man. It may be an early warning sign that something is wrong with your car.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 12:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
Inspect wheel-well splashguards These guards, however flimsy on many of today’s cars, help keep water and winter’s salty slush from splashing up into the engine compartment, where it can damage sensitive electrical components. Unfortunately, these guards tear off easily — sometimes without the driver knowing it. Check for damage to these guards when you wash your car. Re-secure with the appropriate fasteners or replace as needed. As added protection from splashed-up muck, slush, and debris, install mud flaps (also called splash guards) on your vehicle.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hang on to your hubcaps Clang, clang, clang! There goes your hubcap,rolling off to destination unknown. Hubcaps, wheel covers, and center caps can pop off your car’s wheels as you’re driving if they were not reinstalled correctly, have loosened over time, or if they were damaged by being jammed against a curb while parking. Here are some things you can do to keep these expensive parts on the car:

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 9:21am On Jan 29, 2015
Use your parking brake. Even if you are driving a car with an automatic transmission, use your parking brake regularly, especially if you're parked on an incline. It helps keep the brakes adjusted in the rear of the car and makes them last longer. Do not use your parking brake in the winter time because your brake will freeze and it will be stuck until it thaws out.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
Tyre care is essential for maintaining vehicle safety. Tyres should be checked on a regular basis and before any long driving trips. Correctly maintained tyres will improve fuel economy, extend tyre life and improve vehicle safety.
Tyre inflation should be checked every two weeks when cold, recommended pressure can be found in the owner's manual.
Abnormal wear patterns indicate possible wheel alignment or suspension problems.
Vibrations in the steering indicate the tyres may require balancing.
Make sure that tyres have a minimum of 1.6mm of tread depth.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 7:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
Check tread for safety Most states require tires to be replaced when they have worn down to 1/16-inch (1.5 mm) of remaining tire depth. Tires sold in North America are required to have “wear bars” molded into them to make it easy to see when tire replacement is legally required. However, if you’ll be driving in the rain, you should change your tires when there is 1/8-inch (3 mm) of tread left. Otherwise, water may not escape from under your tires fast enough and you risk hydroplaning — a dangerous situation in which your car loses traction and literally floats on the water. Stick an American quarter between the treads in several places. If part of Washington’s head is always covered, you have enough tread to drive in the rain. If you drive in snow, you’ll need at least 3/16-inch (5 mm) of tread to get adequate traction. Stick an American penny between the treads. If the top of the Lincoln Memorial is always covered, you’re ready for winter driving.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 9:05am On Jan 30, 2015
The battery is the key component of your car's electrical system and the main cause of vehicle breakdowns. A number of simple steps can be taken to ensure your battery is kept in optimum condition all year round.
Check battery terminals regularly to ensure they are clean and tight.
Ensure that the electrolyte level is correct, if topping up only use distilled water. Many newer batteries are maintenance free and won't require topping up.
Make sure the battery is secure.
If your battery has not been replaced in 3 – 4 years consider a replacement as battery failures often occur with no warning.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
For stubborn carpet or mat stains After vacuuming floor mats or interior carpeting, apply foam rug cleaner to resistant stains as directed by the maker. Work the foam into a few square feet at a time, using a wet sponge or brush. Vacuum when dry.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 3:03pm On Jan 30, 2015
Use wheel cleaner Your car’s wheels are down there on the road, taking the brunt of road dirt. Add in the dust that wears off your brake pads and you’ve got a formula for stains that are tough to remove when you wash your vehicle. Car-washing liquid won’t do the job.You need a wheel cleaner specifically formulated to remove such stains. Be sure to buy the correct formulation. Some cleaners are designed for metal wheels, and others for painted or clear-coated wheels.The metal wheel cleaners come in various formulations as well, depending upon whether your metal wheel has a satin, aluminum, or chrome finish. Protect metal wheels with wheel polish, painted wheels with a coat of wax.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 10:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
Tape saves light covers A cracked taillight or turn-signal cover, if left alone, may allow your light compartment to fill with water and cause some real damage. A good short-term fix is to tape over the crack. Use the red or orange tape that’s made for this purpose.You can purchase it at many automotive parts stores.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (342) (Reply)

Cars Successfuly Imported From Cotounu And Delivered With Proofs(photos) / Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? / ***Pre-Order Your Dream Car -USA & GERMANY. Exact Costs - No inflated charges***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.