Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE (2287 Views)

EFCC Petitioned Over Jonathan Illegal N67.2billion Withdrawal From CBN-sahara / TAN Leader, Ifeanyi Ubah, Weeps Over Jonathan's Loss / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE

DECEMBER 26, 2014 BY OLUSOLA FABIYI

There is confusion in the Presidency and the Peoples Democratic Party over when the party will inaugurate its Presidential Campaign Committee.

The committee, which is headed by a former National Chairman of the party, Ahmadu Ali, was made known during the inauguration of the party’s National Campaign Council, headed by its National Chairman, Adamu Mu’azu, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on December 11.

It was meant to be inaugurated the following day at Legacy Building, Maitama, Abuja.

Investigations by our correspondent showed that neither the party nor the Presidency can speak authoritatively on when the committee will be inaugurated.

Since no one knows this, it is also observed that there is no plan yet as to when the committee will release President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign itinerary.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, told our correspondent that he was not in the position to state when the President’s campaign would start, adding that a committee was being put in place for that purpose.

“I’m not in charge of that; I don’t know where and how the campaign would run,” he told our correspondent on the telephone on Tuesday.

Also, the National Secretary of the party, Prof. Wale Oladipo, when contacted, was unable to give specific date on when the committee would begin work.

Initially he said it would be inaugurated this week, but when reminded that both Thursday and Friday had been declared public holidays, he said he was not sure.

He said, “The committee will be inaugurated this week, or before it runs out. Anyway, we are working on it.”

The committee, which is being considered as being juicy, already has N21.27bn to work with.

Meanwhile, there are indications that prominent members of the party from both the North-West and North-East may have rejected the headship of the President’s campaign committee.

Their refusal to stand up for the President, it was gathered, was as a result of the general apathy to the President’s second term ambition in the area.

Ali, who is heading the committee now, is from the North-Central.

A former member of the Senate, Dr. Dalhatu Tafida, was the director general of the campaign in 2011.

He is from Kaduna State.

It was learnt that the Presidency and the national leadership of the party were still scouting for more people to fortify the campaign committee.

A presidency official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said, “The President wants more capable hands in the committee. He knows that this election is different from the one held in 2011.

“Besides, since the opposition, the All Progressives Congress had named its committee members, the PDP and the Presidency have to return to the drawing board.”

While the Governor of Rivers State, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, is the director general of the APC’s Presidential Campaign, a former Commissioner of Information in Lagos State, Mr. Dele Alake, is its spokesperson.

It will be recalled that the President of the Senate, David Mark, had admitted that the PDP has serious opponents to contend with at all levels during the forthcoming 2015 general elections.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/confusion-over-jonathans-campaign-committee/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
21 billion will not buy Nigerians hearts,we need change

20 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by temitemi1(m): 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
I didn't read though but I have this to say to ur heading, ur stupidity has no limit... GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by Sylvarresta(m): 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
That is their problem, na Buhari we want
In kwam1 voice Jonathan lo senpe

11 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by xpac01(m): 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
The news just made my day. Perfect for gift for a boxing day

9 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
It has even been alleged that Northern PDP members are now vary reluctant to put Jonathan's picture side-by-side with theirs on Campaign posters

It seems Jonathan is the re-incarnate version of Biblical Naaman The Leper...........No one wants to have anything to do with the Apostle of EthnoReligious Divisive politicking

Serves you right Jonathan!!!

17 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by IamDejman(m): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
Lol...Even this in the Pdp recognizes the need for Change

7 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by oziegbe2015: 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
beopened:
It has even been alleged that Northern PDP members are now vary reluctant to put Jonathan's picture side-by-side with theirs on Campaign posters

It seems Jonathan is the re-incarnate version of Biblical Naaman The Leper...........No one wants to have anything to do with the Apostle of EthnoReligious Divisive politicking

Serves you right Jonathan!!!
my bro i sch in kano, anybody that puts himself in pics alongside clueless pics risks alot. Buhari pics alone wone knwawaso election in first term

10 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by LRNZH(m): 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
oziegbe2015:
my bro i sch in kano, anybody that puts himself in pics alongside clueless pics risks alot. Buhari pics alone wone knwawaso election in first term

Except in the SS (of course) and in the SE (those ones can put Jesus Christ sef on their campaign posters, see below), politicians have to be vigilant not to be seen to be close to GEJ because it is likely to be grassroots political suicide.

Even God is fighting this battle for Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by edogirl2: 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
According to this report, the APC's choice of campaign committee members has forced PDP to cancel its initial list and reconstitute their own committee. See confusion in PDP land cheesy

Weren't these the same PDP felons that told us just a few years ago that they were so powerful, they would rule Nigeria for at least 60yrs?

Thank God for APC!

8 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by OGEmerald(m): 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
Op is this the best of stupidity you've gat on display?

1 Like

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by holatin(m): 1:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
campaign for failure.

Buhari for president
buhari for an end to corruption and insurgence

7 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by holatin(m): 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
campaign for failure.

Buhari for president
buhari for an end to corruption and insurgence.
Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by figment232(m): 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
LRNZH:

Except in the SS (of course) and in the SE (those ones can put Jesus Christ sef on their campaign posters, see below), politicians have to be vigilant not to be seen to be close to GEJ because it is likely to be grassroots political suicide.

Wishful thinking
Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by oziegbe2015: 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
LRNZH:

Except in the SS (of course) and in the SE (those ones can put Jesus Christ sef on their campaign posters, see below), politicians have to be areful not to be seen to be too close to GEJ because it is likely to be grassroots political suicide.

even this guy ochedu is a failure that everybody wants to stone in abia.

2 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
Despite the fact that 21Billion Naira is on offer for the PDP Presidential Campaign Committee to play with ( with a window for corrupt enrichment of part of it by the committee members......since PDP will not probe how it was spent ) yet people are not encouraged to identify with the El Clueless

They say good name is better than riches...........People will rather keep their names than stake it for GEJ

7 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
I've noticed that the set of people that scream GEJ till 2019 are still thesame set of TANists who are paid to do so while those chanting sai buhari are new nairalanders bought by a need for change.

7 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by godwinkessi: 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
How many of u have prayed to Allah for better election, all u talk is change. How many have prayed? Apcshits PDPPigs killing themselves for politicians that don't Give a damn bout us.

1 Like

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by godwinkessi: 2:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
eighTHREAD:
I've noticed that the set of people that scream GEJ till 2019 are still thesame set of TANists who are paid to do so while those chanting sai buhari are new nairalanders bought by a need for change.

All I see is the same group of people ooooo. Always gonna be the same people anytime, anyday! Allah save us all
Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
eighTHREAD:

You got it spot on about the part bolded

It is only a Blind Bartimeus that would not have noticed an upsurge in Buhari popularity and acceptance amongst people who were initially not sold on his candidature

Except for people who just want to hate the man out of unexplained reasons.........He alone remains the person that can frontally confront the ills plaguing Nigeria chiefest amongst whom is the monster of CORRUPTION

6 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by LRNZH(m): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
godwinkessi:

All I see is the same group of people ooooo. Always gonna be the same people anytime, anyday! Allah save us all

My brother, it is easier to support PDP with N21Billion than to support APC with N54Milliin only.

APC supporters are mostly ordinary Nigerians who are tired of unabated corruption and impunity by GEJ's administration. God/Allah will not come and vote. We have prayed but we need to discuss the issues and show why APC offers the best choice for Nigeria today.

5 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by godwinkessi: 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
LRNZH:

My brother, it is easier to support PDP with N21Billion than to support APC with N54Milliin only.

APC supporters are mostly ordinary Nigerians who are tired of unabated corruption and impunity by GEJ's administration. God/Allah will not come and vote. We have prayed but we need to discuss the issues and show why APC offers the best choice for Nigeria today.

I just hate when u judge someone by party, a wise man will vote an individual and not a party, if u find Wike of PDP good for Rivers state, u vote him, if u find Buhari of APC or Jonathan of PDP worthy u vote him, their is no party with no dirty people, u see for urself how the camping and decamping goes and how confusion increases.

And for u telling me bout 21billian or 54million, we have to look at that point critically, do u think it's only 21billion Jonathan got from donation counting from the rich friends he has?

Do u think it's just 54millian Buhari got counting from the number of supporters he has just like u said?

Don't u think the two men got far more than the figures we see on media

I pray Allah should open our eyes to stop killing or fighting ourselves because of this politicians... They don't love us.... PERIOD

1 Like

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by boss1310(m): 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
all these APC and buhari poster boys making noises and flooding the internet with lies abi una think say only core northern states and lagos state can decide Nigeria's general elections.if you people think that buhari who is contesting an election for the 4th consecutive time is a better candidate to beat Jonathan of a party as diverse as PDP then none of you know Nigeria.
i voted for that man in 2003 not because i like him(never,i still remember him as a fanatic muslim a dictator and a tribalist but because i hate OBJ first term)yet he lost
i kept saying it here APC made a grave mistake by allowing Buhari to be its flagbearer yet none of you are complaining about that rather you are all so bent on fighting the opposition and thinking that insults,lies and counter thread win elections or draw new supporters.if you have been watching Nigerian politics for years you will know that OBJ who is the strongest critic of GEJ will still work and vote for him during elections.APC should have selected ATIKU who still have major supporters in PDP and know this game better than Buhari yet they chose a serial loser supported by northern cabal,Atiku only need to contest on a strong national party like PDP and APC to win an election.i pity the south westerners clamoring for Buhari cos they dont know they are the pawns in the northern game
i love my country and having witnessed dictatorship and straight faced corruption especially frm the military and a shameless OBJi prefer the current leader even though i see him as weak but he is not clueless as some call him.
we need a strong and fearless leader like OBJ(yea he is fearless i give him that)a democrat like Jonathan,a listener and meek soul like yar adua.we really need somebody who can combine these qualities not corrupt mind like IBB,shagari and Abacha,dictators like abacha and OBJ and weaklings like Jonathan, Buhari(yea he is weak as most executive powers in his regime lies with Idiagbon yet he buhari dont take criticisms cos you can't call him names and not be in prison the next day.
we all should find a way to have more influence in the way our leaders are selected from the parties in this country before they even contest i believe thats where our problem lies.dont just criticize cos you don't like an opposing party make sure you have good reasons to do so or you become someone without a party like me yet i participate fully in politics
Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by LRNZH(m): 2:54pm On Dec 26, 2014
godwinkessi:

I just hate when u judge someone by party, a wise man will vote an individual and not a party, if u find Wike of PDP good for Rivers state, u vote him, if u find Buhari of APC or Jonathan of PDP worthy u vote him, their is no party with no dirty people, u see for urself how the camping and decamping goes and how confusion increases.

And for u telling me bout 21billian or 54million, we have to look at that point critically, do u think it's only 21billion Jonathan got from donation counting from the rich friends he has?

Do u think it's just 54millian Buhari got counting from the number of supporters he has just like u said?

Don't u think the two men got far more than the figures we see on media

I pray Allah should open our eyes to stop killing or fighting ourselves because of this politicians... They don't love us.... PERIOD

I don't think you have done your research. You cannot generalise and lose hope because of your disappointmens with the Nigeria situation.

Ok lets look at individuals.

GEJ. This guy has only won a credible election once in 2011. He has been a lecturer and public servant but is now worth around $100Million. No wonder he doesn't give a damn about assests declaration. He believes that stealing is a common crime different from corruption. He installed Tompolo (a militant) to head NIMASA. Oil bunkering is at its highest in Nigeria because of this. He has done nothing to alleviate the suffferings of the masses since subsidy removal in January 2012. No refineries, no improvement in power generation. All his corrupt ministers are in power or walking scot free for eg Diezani, Abba Moro, Stella Oduah etc.His govt contravenes Nigeria laws all the time. He is unable to quell the Boko Haram insurgency in the NE for over 4 years with Billions of Dollars spent. He supervised a period of highest oil prices ever in Nigeria' history (>$100 per barrel) but the country is broke.

GMB. This guy was in power for less than two years (82-84) as a military Head of State in his 40s. He rejected IMF policies, rejected borrowing by Nigeria and had the lowest inflatiin rate in Nigeria since the 70s. He instilled discipline in Nigeria as never experienced before. He ended Maitatsine riots once and for all. Before becoming president he was Federal Commissioner of Petroleum in the late 70s when the Warri and Kaduna refineries were built. In the 90s he was in charge of PTF, the best performing intervention fund ever set up in Nigeria with petroleum sale proceeds. He singlehandedly identified Dora Akunyili for NAFDAC and the rest is history. As a young officer he commandered the effective extermination of Chadian forces incursion into Nigeria. It took the intervention of OAU (now AU) to stop his forces from over running N'Djamena (the Chadian capital). After all these portfolio, this guy still relies on donation and borrowed funds to run his campaign because he refused to enrich himself.

This is just a tip of the iceberg.
The difference is 7UP.

4 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by LRNZH(m): 2:54pm On Dec 26, 2014
Just do your research.
Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by godwinkessi: 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
LRNZH:

I don't think you have done your research. You cannot generalise and lose hope because of your disappointmens with the Nigeria situation.

GEJ. This guy has only won a credible election once in 2011. He has been a lecturer and public servant but is now worth around $100Million. No wonder he doesn't give a damn about assests declaration. He believes that stealing is a common crime different from corruption. He installed Tompolo (a militant) to head NIMASA. Oil bunkering is at its highest in Nigeria because of this. He has done nothing to alleviate the suffferings of the masses since subsidy removal in January 2012. No refineries, no improvement in power generation. All his corrupt ministers are in power or walking scot free for eg Diezani, Abba Moro, Stella Oduah etc.His govt contravenes Nigeria laws all the time. He is unable to quell the Boko Haram insurgency in the NE for over 4 years with Billions of Dollars spent. He supervised a period of highest oil prices ever in Nigeria' history (>$100 per barrel) but the country is broke.

GMB. This guy was in power for less than two years (82-84) as a military Head of State in his 40s. He rejected IMF policies, rejected borrowing by Nigeria and had the lowest inflatiin rate in Nigeria since the 70s. He instilled discipline in Nigeria as never experienced before. He ended Maitatsine riots once and for all. Before becoming president he was Federal Commissioner of Petroleum in the late 70s when the Warri and Kaduna refineries were built. In the 90s he was in charge of PTF, the best performing intervention fund ever set up in Nigeria with petroleum sale proceeds. He singlehandedly identified Dora Akunyili for NAFDAC and the rest is history. As a young officer he commandered the effective extermination of Chadian forces incursion into Nigeria. It took the intervention of OAU (now AU) to stop his forces from over running N'Djamena (the Chadian capital). After all these portfolio, this guy still relies on donation and borrowed funds to run his campaign because he refused to enrich himself.

The difference is 7UP.

Bro you're still saying the same thing I'm against. Who told you Jonathan is worth $100m? How sure are u the figures ain't even small compared to his savings?

How sure are you that Buhari didn't loot Nigeria dry as a military man? We all know Abacha's loot wouldn't have been exposed if he's still alive, why are we so bent in protecting the images of this politicians even when we know THEY DONT LOVE US!

And how sure are we that Buhari will handle us well or how sure are he Jonathan won't do better?

I would have been proud voting a man that comes out as Buhari's political godson, I would have also want Jonathan to present youth as president 2015. Let the youth rule the nation.

We need new Nigeria FROM NEW GENERATION! We are tired of this recycling.

I still pray to Allah to come to our intervention. Nigeria politics is nothing to write home about, no politician worth all this political madness we show on media. That's my stand
Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by shaqhead: 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
temitemi1:
I didn't read though but I have this to say to ur heading, ur stupidity has no limit... GEJ till 2019!!!
Wasnt this the samething u dd in some other thread that made u look stupid? Since u cant READ bt u can WRITE, that makes u SEMILITERATE sorry I meant TEMILITERATE!

I can c u r foaming in ur mouth to say sometin...hmm...dnt act so predictable

“The road to truth is long, and lined the entire way with annoying bas.tards.”
—Alexander Jablokov

2 Likes

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by LRNZH(m): 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
shaqhead:

Wasnt this the samething u dd in some other thread that made u look stupid? Since u cant READ bt u can WRITE, that makes u SEMILITERATE sorry I meant TEMILITERATE!

I can c u r foaming in ur mouth to say sometin...hmm...dnt act so predictable

“The road to truth is long, and lined the entire way with annoying bas.tards.”
—Alexander Jablokov

TEMILITERATE : The art of writing a response without reading the original post.
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by orimsamsam(m): 5:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
temitemi1:
you didnt read the post and conclude that the op stupidity has no limit. Who is an ediot here

1 Like

Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by HzRF(m): 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
LRNZH:

[b] GMB. This guy was in power for less than two years (82-84) as a military Head of State in his 40s. He rejected IMF policies, rejected borrowing by Nigeria and had the lowest inflatiin rate in Nigeria since the 70s. He instilled discipline in Nigeria as never experienced before. He ended Maitatsine riots once and for all. Before becoming president he was Federal Commissioner of Petroleum in the late 70s when the Warri and Kaduna refineries were built. In the 90s he was in charge of PTF, the best performing intervention fund ever set up in Nigeria with petroleum sale proceeds. He singlehandedly identified Dora Akunyili for NAFDAC and the rest is history. As a young officer he commandered the effective extermination of Chadian forces incursion into Nigeria. It took the intervention of OAU (now AU) to stop his forces from over running N'Djamena (the Chadian capital). After all these portfolio, this guy still relies on donation and borrowed funds to run his campaign because he refused to enrich himself.[/b]

The difference is 7UP.
Chisos u just woke up from Coma
Ask ur spokeswoman and spokesman on Nairaland to update you on d lies that is now trending
All these are gibberish
Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by chamboy(m): 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
temitemi1:
you've started again
Re: CONFUSION OVER JONATHAN'S CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE by LRNZH(m): 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
HzRF:

Chisos u just woke up from Coma
Ask ur spokeswoman and spokesman on Nairaland to update you on d lies that is now trending
All these are gibberish

The Chisos of Otueke abi? This guy take Boko Haram as his siblings

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Young Jonathan,buhari And Others..! / Fashola Commissions N1bn Recycling Plant In Igando / Photos Of Made In Nigeria Drones And Gunboats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.