Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,226 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants (18022 Views)

Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2014/2015 Aspirants Thread / OAU Releases Post-utme Results 44 Candidates Scored 300 And Above / The medical students and aspirants thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by neighy(m): 8:13am On Jan 22, 2015
adebayor1490:
U mean?
ReadIng...
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
neighy:
ReadIng...
OK......Cool
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by MOREN406(f): 8:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
pls help out here ,pls is there any discrimination
BTW bsc.accounting and bsc.ed accountancy,
wanted to go for bsc.ed, does it mean am only
going to become a teacher
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by simba1: 11:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
Anything Edu. Is tutorship. U cud also sprang up to proffessorship.
MOREN406:
pls help out here ,pls is there any discrimination
BTW bsc.accounting and bsc.ed accountancy,
wanted to go for bsc.ed, does it mean am only
going to become a teacher
also being a lecturer and professor!
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 02, 2015
eng,maths,phy and chemistry.inexperienced.
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by micynute94(m): 12:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
micynute94: OK guys, here's a compiled questions covering hopefully all the chapters in " The last day at Forcados High School " book. .
Your review of it will go a long way to helping all of us.. Oya 2 d oga @ d top.. Here it is..
1. Samu was
(a) an elderly friend of jimi (b) a friend of Jimi's father (c) an ice cream seller (b) a bar manager
2. Mrs Soluade died on a (a) rainy day (b) saturday evening (c) Wednesday morning (d) fateful day
3. Nene couldn't pray because (a) she was tired (b) she had to go to the market (c) she was jealous of jimi's girl friend (d) of her conscience
4. Efua ....................... her mother (a) pity (b) envies (c)hate (d) none of the above
5. Efua's stepfather was a (a) narcissist (b) misogynist (c) bully (d) paedophile
6. Miss Novi was a (a)graduate serving in sierra leonne (b)activist (c)NGO member who voluntered to teach (d)a teacher living in sierra leone
7. Mrs Soluade died of (a) a malignant disease(b) high blood pressure (c) a brain tumor (d) cervix cancer
8. Efua has a .................. while Nene has a ................ (a) tenor/contralto (b) soprano / tenor (c) contralto / soprano (d) soprano / soprano
9. Jimi won the race for .. (a) cheetah house (b)purple house (c)tiger house (d)eagle house
10. Efua's mother was a (a)senator (b)diplomat (c)merchant (d)embassy aide
11. Nobody believed Efua's allegation of her step father action because (a) a demon possessed her (b) her story was incredible (c) she was a pro at lying (d) she resent her mother decision
12. Mama silifat is (a) Jimi niece (b) family friend of Jimi (c) vendor (d) a retailer
13. Efua stepbrother is (a) a devouted muslim (b) a gay (c) a bully (d) a police inspector
14. Mrs Obange is a (a) poff poff seller (b) headmistress (c) principal (d) secretary
14. What did rat-face offered jim? (a)indian hemp (b) marijuana (c)cigatette (d) valium
15. jolly was (a) Efua bestie (b) jimi arch enemy (c) student (d)Nene boyfriend
16. Mr Vann relationship to Efua is (a) platonic (b) strained (c) symbiotic (d) friendly
17. Efua went to the Mid term dinner with (a) Mrs Novi (b) Jide (c) Ekpo (d) Jimi
18. Pip - squeak as used in the book means a (a) consequential person (b)important person (c) insignificant person (d) bully
19. Who was Jimi referring to as a pip-squeak? (a) Caro (b) Mrs Soluade (c) Jolly (d) Jide
20. Mr Soluade ............. wole (a) loves (b) has a strong affection (c) abuses (d) is fond of
21. The woman Jimi saw at the bar (a) was waiting for someone (b) was infatuated with him (c) had a crush on him (d) was dexterous
22. Ansa didn't like Caro because (a) She was snotty (b) she didn't dance with him (c) she was adept in trickery (d) she refused to date his friend
23. Ansa planned on becoming (a) an artisan (b) an art professor (c) an architect (d) a painter
24. Jolly was punished for (a) threatening Efua (b) beating Nene (c) behaving rashly (d) stealing a personal letter
25. Efua was rumored to be (a) bisexual (b) an hermaphrodite (c) lesbian (d) mesandric
26. Efua stood up for Jimi during the laboratory theft issue because (a) she loves him fiercely (b) it's the moral thing to do (c) she trust him (d) she knows he was innocent

p.s; Pardon me for any mistake. was in a rush and not perfect. Thanks . criticism welcomed.
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by simba1: 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
Where are u all? What's ur prep. Level like within the scale of 1:10
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Geofavor(m): 10:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
neighy:
Bin wan use this thread for tutorial but pple no dey show... Abeg share me any tutorial thread...
i'm just logging in since you said this... Have you started the tutorial?
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Geofavor(m): 10:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
micynute94:

p.s; Pardon me for any mistake. was in a rush and not perfect. Thanks . criticism welcomed.
is this how questions will be set from the book? cheesy

nd will jamb bring anyother passage for us to read nd answer during the exam, or will all the comprehension questions come from just this book?
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by micynute94(m): 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
Geofavor:

is this how questions will be set from the book? cheesy

nd will jamb bring any other passage for us to read nd answer during the exam, or will all the comprehension questions come from just this book?

Am of the opinion this is the format jamb might use to set their question. The questions r really tricky n require in depth understanding of the book n use of English......
2 d 2nd question ......... I honestly don't know... But i doubt all comprehension questions coming solely from this book. Maybe an article extract might be added ...
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Geofavor(m): 10:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
micynute94:

Am of the opinion this is the format jamb might use to set their question. The questions r really tricky n require in depth understanding of the book n use of English......
2 d 2nd question ......... I honestly don't know... But i doubt all comprehension questions coming solely from this book. Maybe an article extract might be added ...
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Geofavor(m): 10:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
micynute94:

hmm. *sighs* ... I wonder what jamb is cooking up for us aspirants this year.
I think this is the first time they are telling candidates to read a particular novel in other to answer questions on it during the exam, right?
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by zamali12: 7:09am On Feb 23, 2015
JAMB 2015 UPDATE: How To
Reprint 2015 JAMB Registration
Slip For CBT (SHARE THIS)
This is to inform all JAMBites that
JAMB UTME CBT will kick off from 9th of march 2015 and re
printing of the 2015 JAMB Registration commences 23rd
February 2015 on the official portal of JAMB.
How to Reprint your 2015 JAMB
UTME Registration Slip To reprint your 2015 JAMB UTME
registration slip, simply follow the guideline provided below
1. Visit http://www.jamb.org.ng/Unifiedtme1/
2. Click on Reprint Slip
3. Enter your Reg No or PIN
4. Finally Click on Reprint
For more info Call...08141805939
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by simba1: 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
Nope. In 2013 and 2014 Jamb we used two novels "potters wheel and the successors".
Geofavor:

hmm. *sighs* ... I wonder what jamb is cooking up for us aspirants this year.
I think this is the first time they are telling candidates to read a particular novel in other to answer questions on it during the exam, right?
and comprehension passages is not an extract 4rm the novel, it's from elsewhere. Very confusing. JAMB might set like 5-10 questions on the novel. Hope u understood?
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Geofavor(m): 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
simba1:
Nope. In 2013 and 2014 Jamb we used two novels "potters wheel and the successors".and comprehension passages is not an extract 4rm the novel, it's from elsewhere. Very confusing. JAMB might set like 5-10 questions on the novel. Hope u understood?
wow. So we're still doing the normal three passages nd "filling the gap" passage as usual?
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by simba1: 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
Yes na! It's in d syllables
Geofavor:

wow. So we're still doing the normal three passages nd "filling the gap" passage as usual?
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by beatsbyj2g(m): 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
pls who knows anything abt admission into futa .... electrical electronics engineering... Like how many students they admit into 100level each year.
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 24, 2015
micynute94:

yes they are quiet trickry but hw do we knw da correct answer?like question 14,jolly is a student and also jimi's arch rival enemy because he also love Efua just like jimi.all this are in the option in question 14.please help o expecially this english because u can c 2 or 3 option dat ryhm and u woun't knw what to choose.
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by micynute94(m): 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2015
Andrew114:
yes they are quiet trickry but hw do we knw da correct answer?like question 14,jolly is a student and also jimi's arch rival enemy because he also love Efua just like jimi.all this are in the option in question 14.please help o expecially this english because u can c 2 or 3 option dat ryhm and u woun't knw what to choose.

There are times we need to make deductions in a passage but in this case, Jolly is simply a student as there was no indication of any animosity between Jimi n Jolly. Deducing jolly is jimi's arch enemy might be stretching it too far. Had it bin the option C wasn't there.. Then u v no real Answer...
Now check this, assuming option B says Jimi was Jolly arch enemy. Den it's another different case but that would mean the question itself would have to be changed.
Hope u grabbed what am saying...
......?
Now try crunching this....
Jimi is jolly arch enemy
Jolly is Jimi arch enemy.. Which of this still ring a bit true?? assuming we were to make some BIG deductions
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by micynute94(m): 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2015
Jamb..... Y angry angry cry cry cry

Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
micynute94:

There are times we need to make deductions in a passage but in this case, Jolly is simply a student as there was no indication of any animosity between Jimi n Jolly. Deducing jolly is jimi's arch enemy might be stretching it too far. Had it bin the option C wasn't there.. Then u v no real Answer...
Now check this, assuming option B says Jimi was Jolly arch enemy. Den it's another different case but that would mean the question itself would have to be changed.
Hope u grabbed what am saying...
......?
Now try crunching this....
Jimi is jolly arch enemy
Jolly is Jimi arch enemy.. Which of this still ring a bit true?? assuming we were to make some BIG deductions
when you say *deductions* i don't understand you please enlight me more.they is also another question about why nene couldn't pray,option (c) says because she was jealous of jimi's gal friend while (d) says because of her conscience.wel in exam i may choose d but isn't she actualy jealous of efua coker?u can also help in other things that may help me during option choosing please
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Geofavor(m): 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
Pls my learned brothers n sisters nd every jamb aspirant like me, I need ideas on what to do.

I have been having some difficulties in preparing for this upcoming jamb. Expecially in physics nd chemistry.
Earlier today, I picked up a past question nd decided to attempt all the questions on a particular year.
But to my supprise, i couldnt answer past 5 questions.
With 12days to go, pls what can i do to at least get above average in this two subjects?
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by micynute94(m): 11:05pm On Feb 25, 2015
Andrew114:
when you say *deductions* i don't understand you please enlight me more.they is also another question about why nene couldn't pray,option (c) says because she was jealous of jimi's gal friend while (d) says because of her conscience.wel in exam i may choose d but isn't she actualy jealous of efua coker?u can also help in other things that may help me during option choosing please

Just saw this question now when i woke up... Sorry for the late reply....
According 2 d words... she was a bit jealous of Efua Coker... that z so true.... but d real Answer to the question is D.... she was having conscience...
# Will expatiate on this well tomorrow morning
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
micynute94:

Just saw this question now when i woke up... Sorry for the late reply....
According 2 d words... she was a bit jealous of Efua Coker... that z so true.... but d real Answer to the question is D.... she was having conscience...
# Will expatiate on this well tomorrow morning
okay please do
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by micynute94(m): 6:21am On Feb 26, 2015
Andrew114:
okay please do
OK boss....Good Morning
Now back to the book.. There was some envy or say jealousy on Nene's part as she couldn't stand all the attention directed to efua. What really broke the camel's back was the way Jimi seems to be looking @her.. Jimi likes efua and it showed in his behaviour on any of their encounter. Nene was like, even Jimi.. He hadn't look @me in the way he had been looking @ Efua.... So it's kinda maddening to c a gal who just came to their school recently eliciting this kind of attention from Jimi whom she has known for too long n others.
So That's that about d jealousy part.. Also it was that same feeling of jealousy that eroded her moral way of thinking for some time. Within that time of allowing her feeling take over, she was kinda looking 4 a way to deal with her pain n what other way is sweeter than inflicting damage to the cause of your of emotional state... This she did by trying to show Jimi that the gal he seems to be so attached to ain't that perfect by showing him the dairy of Efua....
Hope u grabbing what am saying.. ??
Now a lot of things happened thereafter from that single action.. When she kinda saw the aftermath of her action, she felt guilty of doing that to a friend and moreover she was a Christian deep in her faith.. All these contributed to her feeling of guilt.
This feeling of guilt kept eating @ her and she found it hard to pray having a guilty conscience, ( remember she's a well trained girl with a strong faith in Christianity ) This prompted her to go to Efua............
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by micynute94(m): 6:44am On Feb 26, 2015
What i have noticed in Jamb passage is this;
Most times when u r asked a question to answer, two of the options are incorrect while the other two are correct. So what u need to do after leaving out the two incorrect options is to analyse the question very well den go back to those two options that seems to be correct.. On further studying of the passage, u had seen that one of the likely to be option is correct while the other was camouflaged to look like the answer.. A case of purposely planting weed on a vegetable farm to vie for nutrients.. In this case, to vie for your attention and if possible mislead you.
Another thing i noticed in jamb passage is the use of Logic answer...

1 Like

Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by micynute94(m): 7:30am On Feb 26, 2015
Geofavor:
Pls my learned brothers n sisters nd every jamb aspirant like me, I need ideas on what to do.

I have been having some difficulties in preparing for this upcoming jamb. Expecially in physics nd chemistry.
Earlier today, I picked up a past question nd decided to attempt all the questions on a particular year.
With 12days to go, pls what can i do to at least get above average in this two subjects?

For physics n chemistry, try getting calculation in physics and calculation in chemistry... Team it up with any textbook, then u r good to go...
For English..... study more about phonics n how to Answer comprehension questions.
Just try as much as possible and have faith in ur self..
One more thing... Before answering any question, try to understand the question.. i mean try getting a feeling of what the question is asking you. Only then can u do justice to it.
There are times where you will be asked 2 + 2 in a way that is confusing. For example, my sis was working on a maths question and she came up with a simultaneous equation disguised in SIMPLE INTEREST. My sis was busy cracking her brain tweaking simple interest formula whereas the question was simply asking her to solve an equation.

So getting to know the question will go a long way in helping u in ur quest to tame JAMB ....
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 26, 2015
micynute94:

OK boss....Good Morning
Now back to the book.. There was some envy or say jealousy on Nene's part as she couldn't stand all the attention directed to efua. What really broke the camel's back was the way Jimi seems to be looking @her.. Jimi likes efua and it showed in his behaviour on any of their encounter. Nene was like, even Jimi.. He hadn't look @me in the way he had been looking @ Efua.... So it's kinda maddening to c a gal who just came to their school recently eliciting this kind of attention from Jimi whom she has known for too long n others.
So That's that about d jealousy part.. Also it was that same feeling of jealousy that eroded her moral way of thinking for some time. Within that time of allowing her feeling take over, she was kinda looking 4 a way to deal with her pain n what other way is sweeter than inflicting damage to the cause of your of emotional state... This she did by trying to show Jimi that the gal he seems to be so attached to ain't that perfect by showing him the dairy of Efua....
Hope u grabbing what am saying.. ??
Now a lot of things happened thereafter from that single action.. When she kinda saw the aftermath of her action, she felt guilty of doing that to a friend and moreover she was a Christian deep in her faith.. All these contributed to her feeling of guilt.
This feeling of guilt kept eating @ her and she found it hard to pray having a guilty conscience, ( remember she's a well trained girl with a strong faith in Christianity ) This prompted her to go to Efua............
so are you saying the answer is (D)? Besides where would they be time to do all this deductions?ehem dat number 26,da four of the options are confusing,please do this deduction and tell me the answer mabe i may understand u frm they.u knw Efua loves jimi dat might be a reason or because she thinks it's da moral thing to do (remeber Efua last letter to jimi)or because she trust jimi?ofcourse she do trust jimi or because she knew jimi is innocent?dats thesame thing as trusting jimi.please abeg no vex if i don bother u 2much but please do this deduction and bring out the right answer.
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Elxandre(m): 9:04am On Feb 26, 2015
Geofavor:

Man haven't you been reading?
Make as much effort as you can in these few days bro.
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Pukka36(f): 12:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
Good morning Jambites! Any Uniben aspirant here?
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Geofavor(m): 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
micynute94:

For physics n chemistry, try getting calculation in physics and calculation in chemistry... Team it up with any textbook, then u r good to go...
For English..... study more about phonics n how to Answer comprehension questions.
Just try as much as possible and have faith in ur self..
One more thing... Before answering any question, try to understand the question.. i mean try getting a feeling of what the question is asking you. Only then can u do justice to it.
There are times where you will be asked 2 + 2 in a way that is confusing. For example, my sis was working on a maths question and she came up with a simultaneous equation disguised in SIMPLE INTEREST. My sis was busy cracking her brain tweaking simple interest formula whereas the question was simply asking her to solve an equation.

So getting to know the question will go a long way in helping u in ur quest to tame JAMB ....
thanks bro. How about being fast?
Re: Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants by Geofavor(m): 8:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
Elxandre:

Man haven't you been reading?
Make as much effort as you can in these few days bro.
thanks bro, i really appreciate.

I have been reading. I have a few topics to go in maths n english. Chemistry n physics has always given me a tough time. But now it seems i am begining to get things right. Time is what i need now.
I don't know if i will be able to cover enough in NINE DAYS time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Graduate Vs Foreign Graduate / Who Can Answer These Questions? / JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.