Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? (3162 Views)

Lack Of Electricity Has Helped In Creating Jobs(pics) / Britain Has Helped Us To ‘touch The Untouchables’, Says Magu / OPC Helped Nigerian Govt. Save N3 Bn – Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by AlamTara: 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2008
Who has been responsible for the greatest achievements and advancements in Nigeria? The Muslims or the Christians?
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by auwal87(m): 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2008
Where are the Achievements and Advancements in Nigeria?

Poverty?
Corruption?

1 Like

Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by Epiphany(m): 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2008
Nobody has helped the society in any way. The country is in shambles.
Christians and Muslims have failed, and it is a big shame.
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by muhsin(m): 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2008
Muslim-Christian there. Muslim-Christian here. What on God's earth do you want, Alam-Tara? Its not always good discussing on religion versus religion, I think. Why can't you quit it, bros? Thanks.
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by Ikeymann0O: 3:08pm On Dec 11, 2008
Alam-Tara:

Who has been responsible for the greatest achievements and advancements in Nigeria? The Muslims or the Christians?

Dumb post by a retarded poster. Why on this earth would you ask such a useless and demeaning question?
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by AlamTara: 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2008
Knowledge is better than money.

@Muhsin. My dear friend I borrowed your statement so that I can learn. The Bible teaches us that people perish(die) because of ignorance and becos of lack of knowledge. Hosea ch4 v6, as well as Isaiah Ch 5 verse 13.

The Qur'an teaches us thru the Hadith as reported by Bukhari and Muslim that " Seek knowledge even if you have to walk to China to get the knowledge" Nigerians are fighting themselves (perish) because of lack of knowledge.

Let us learn and find out and know where we are making mistakes so that we can correct ourselves.

We will Succeed, Together Everyone Achieves More smiley
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by Jarus(m): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2008
Alam-Tara:

iru ase wo l'awe yi nso
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by AlamTara: 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2008
iru ase wo l'awe yi nso

@Jarus what do you think?
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by lammie01: 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2008
To be honest i think this post would do nothing but forment religious animosity and pls poster you could conduct your independent research. You wouldnt get anything positive here on NL. Your post would just start another thread of religious bashing pls!!!

People just view and move on no need to comment!!!
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by AlamTara: 5:46pm On Dec 11, 2008
To be honest i think this post would do nothing but forment religious animosity and please poster you could conduct your independent research. You wouldnt get anything positive here on NL. Your post would just start another thread of religious bashing please!!!

People just view and move on no need to comment!!!

@Lammie01.

A corn is a painful thing. It is caused by a wound usually on the foot that is not allowed to open up  and heal.

Usually when you wear shoes that are too tight you get corns.

As a defense mechanism the body piles skin on top of the wound thinking that is the solution. Unfortunately the wound is not allowed to heal because of the layers of skin. A corn is a painful thing. The truth also is a painful thing.

Lammie01 we need to face our shortcomings. We cannot hide from all the negatives in our society. if not like the Corn on your foot you and everyone else will continue to suffer.
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by muhsin(m): 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2008
Good luck in your research, Alam-Tara.

Let me guees sth.: you are a comparative religion student, aren't you?
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by banom(m): 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2008
who cares how any one may feel, lets present facts and leave all these naive way of answering simple question,

The simple answer is christians, that is if nigeria as a society have seen any achievement at all,

Islams are useless to this country, can any one tell me one positive impact they have made to this country,
what ?
1, They behead there fellow nigerians head,( jihad)
2,shading of blood, ( jos crisis)
3, corrupt and unproductive leaders who take power through coup de tat, ( IBB)
4, looters ( Abacha)
5, Tribalisn and nepotism , decieving other Nigerians in the name of ONE NIGERIA,
6, neglet and and marginalisation of the Niger Deltans,
7, I dont even need to mention how many people they killed during the Biafran war,
8, many more other evils,
What other contribution did they make to Nigeria?,

Truely, if this usless Hausa Islams are not part of Nigeria,this country would have gone very far and well advanced

1 Like

Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by bawomolo(m): 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2008
muslim scholars were important in West Africa.

Christian Missionaries have had the most recent impact though. there are African history textbooks that address this issue. Nairaland won't do you any good.
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by lucabrasi(m): 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2008
@poster
both,as for your corns you should get it checked by a competent doctor grin
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by elmagnific(m): 12:28am On Dec 15, 2008
Another cheap ploy to stir relgious hatred angry angry

Kai na wetin u contribute sef wey u dey ask wetin muslim or christian contribute??

pathetic! angry angry angry
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by elmagnific(m): 12:29am On Dec 15, 2008
@banom
U r just another uneducated idiot with access to the internet lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

no further comment grin grin
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 15, 2008
Even as a christian i must say neither.

Our muslim brothers are busy burning businesses and killing their neighbours . . . christian pastors are fleecing the sheeple shamelessly and blessing political armed robbers in power.

What is the difference? I cant see any.
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by muhsin(m): 11:03am On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

Even as a christian i must say neither.

Our muslim brothers are busy burning businesses and killing their neighbours . . . christian pastors are fleecing the sheeple shamelessly and blessing political armed robbers in power.

What is the difference? I can't see any.

Good and fair response here. My compliment, fellow.
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:04am On Dec 15, 2008
Must i make a comment??
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by muhsin(m): 11:06am On Dec 15, 2008
Abu-Maryam,

If you feel like to,
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by MrCrackles(m): 11:08am On Dec 15, 2008
banom:

who cares how any one may feel, lets present facts and leave all these naive way of answering simple question,

The simple answer is christians, that is if nigeria as a society have seen any achievement at all,

Islams are useless to this country, can any one tell me one positive impact they have made to this country,
what ?

Truely, if this usless Hausa Islams are not part of Nigeria,this country would have gone very far and well advanced

You are a stupid and brainless swine for your response!

Your comments are so biased and untrue, and i thought as an adult you should be able to think and talk like one but nah, you are not!

Next time you get a chance to pay for some time at the cybercafe, do something positive and constructive on the internet, blabber-mouth!!

TOPIC

Neither
!
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by plcgroup: 11:50am On Dec 15, 2008
They called for people to contribute and here one contributed his mind and they want to crucify him. Who is more of a fool now?
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by banom(m): 11:54am On Dec 15, 2008
MrCrackles:

You are a stupid and brainless swine for your response!

Your comments are so biased and untrue, and i thought as an adult you should be able to think and talk like one but nah, you are not!

Next time you get a chance to pay for some time at the cybercafe, do something positive and constructive on the internet, blabber-mouth!!

TOPIC

Neither
!

you are a poor and frustrated idiot, you think i am poor like you that will brows from a cyber cafe, Animal, i have always wached you follow my post, and i see you are just jealous of me, you critisied my reply, then why didn't you copy out all i said, so that people can jugde, you are a bastard as far as i am concerned, i can see you are in london surffering, why not come back i will help you, oh you may even be an islam, Anuofia.
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by Lagosboy: 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2008
banom:

what ?
1, They behead there fellow nigerians head,( jihad)
2,shading of blood, ( jos crisis)
3, corrupt and unproductive leaders who take power through coup de tat, ( IBB)
4, looters ( Abacha)
5, Tribalisn and nepotism , decieving other Nigerians in the name of ONE NIGERIA,
6, neglet and and marginalisation of the Niger Deltans,
7, I don't even need to mention how many people they killed during the Biafran war,
8, many more other evils,
What other contribution did they make to Nigeria?,

@Banom
I never wanted to teply this post but i thought i might help you by responding because i am sorry to say u sound like an educated illiterate who is drowning in the ocean of ignorance.

Let me respond to your numbered point:
1. Lets have references for these beheadings of yours.
2. Jos crisis is a political crises and christians died as well as muslims.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/dec/03/national-03-12-2008-001.htm
Above is a link to show you an example of killings on both sides. This paper is owned by a fellow Igbo man so you cant cry its a tribal paper and anti biafra
3. Coup detat? It would be interesting to note that the first coup in nigeria was led by an igbo officer Major Kaduna Nzeogwu ( A bright mind Nigeria lost!!). The southern Niger has equally produced unproductive leaders like OBJ and it Yakubu Gowon is a christian from the North. The North is a mix of muslims and christians and it is not Hausa tribe that exists there.

You talked about IBB funny that his chief spokesman and minister for information who defended the regime was an igbo man Chukwumerije

4. Did you mention looters? Ignorance is a desease otherwise you would be aware looting has no tribe or ethnicity

5. In as much as i accept the underdevelopment of theNiger deltans how do u blame it on muslims!!! Ibori and Odili recieved 12-13 billion naira monthly for like 7 yrs what is there to show for it in Delta and rivers state

6. Biafra war was led by Benjamin Adekunle and OBJ both were yoruba christian officers!! how do u blame it on muslims!!!

7 many other evils!!!!!! U couldnt mention the evils.

Banum i think u need to be aware there at about 18 million muslims living in the southwest of Nigeria Islam is not a northern nigeria religion. Wake up from your tribalism and expand your thinking and horizon. Learn more and study history with an objective mind. Analyse issues with intellect and not your blinded emotions!!!!
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by Lagosboy: 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2008
@ Banum just to also inform you that the past AREWA CONSULTATIVE FORUM head was a christian from the north. Late Chief Sunday Awoniyi. Free yourself from the bondage of tribalism
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by OBVIOUS(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2008
RELIGION HAS DONE NOTHING FOR NIGERIA.
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by banom(m): 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2008
i only mentioned jos crises to make it recent, what about other religiously motivated blood shade that this useless islams did in nigeria ?, Get it well, i am not a tribalist at all, if the post has asked something about tribe then i should have been blamed, i apologise to southwest islams, islam as a religion is not my problem in any way, my problem here is that Hausas who  are Islams are draging this country backward, period, if this country was made up of easterners and westerners, believe me we would have achieved global standard, i blame amalgamation, In my next world, may nothing bring me together with such unvisionary animals,
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by banom(m): 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2008
Lagosboy:

@Banom
I never wanted to teply this post but i thought i might help you by responding because i am sorry to say u sound like an educated illiterate who is drowning in the ocean of ignorance.

Let me respond to your numbered point:
1. Lets have references for these beheadings of yours.
2. Jos crisis is a political crises and christians died as well as muslims.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/dec/03/national-03-12-2008-001.htm
Above is a link to show you an example of killings on both sides. This paper is owned by a fellow Igbo man so you can't cry its a tribal paper and anti biafra
3. Coup detat? It would be interesting to note that the first coup in nigeria was led by an igbo officer Major Kaduna Nzeogwu ( A bright mind Nigeria lost!!). The southern Niger has equally produced unproductive leaders like OBJ and it Yakubu Gowon is a christian from the North. The North is a mix of muslims and christians and it is not Hausa tribe that exists there.

You talked about IBB funny that his chief spokesman and minister for information who defended the regime was an igbo man Chukwumerije

4. Did you mention looters? Ignorance is a desease otherwise you would be aware looting has no tribe or ethnicity

5. In as much as i accept the underdevelopment of theNiger deltans how do u blame it on muslims!!! Ibori and Odili recieved 12-13 billion naira monthly for like 7 years what is there to show for it in Delta and rivers state

6. Biafra war was led by Benjamin Adekunle and OBJ both were yoruba christian officers!! how do u blame it on muslims!!!

7 many other evils!!!!!! U couldnt mention the evils.

Banum i think u need to be aware there at about 18 million muslims living in the southwest of Nigeria Islam is not a northern nigeria religion. Wake up from your tribalism and expand your thinking and horizon. Learn more and study history with an objective mind. Analyse issues with intellect and not your blinded emotions!!!!

i would love to take you serious if only you meet just one condition for me, MENTION ONE  GOOD IMPACT OR PRIDE THAT THIS USELESS  HAUSA ISLAMS HAVE BROUGHT TO THIS NATION,  or else they remain a cause to this nation as i said earlier,

Secondly, in all you said , you refused to say something about my first point, what about the so called Jihad, yes there are islams in the west how many times have they beheaded other Nigerians in the name of Jihad, You can see why Hausa islams are a cause to this God forsaken Country called Nigeria,
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by grafikdon: 7:47pm On Dec 15, 2008
Islam gave us malevolent and overly hypocritical  "religious leaders'' and irresponsible enthusiasts who employ religion as a tool of suppression, oppression, retrogression and mayhem.

Christianity gave us a multitude of gullible fanatics who'd rather leave EVERYTHING to God instead of using their common sense.
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by lammie01: 7:50pm On Dec 15, 2008
@Banom

Please leave this tribalism thingy and stop attacking our hausa brothers. Nigeria was spoilt by all Nigerians and not just one tribe. Hausas have ruled yourba has and igbo has. Christian leaders have and muslim leaders have why isolate one tribe and blame them.

Your post is so shallow in thought, reflection and intellect.
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by princekevo(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2008
@ poster

Abegi wht achievements and advancements are u talking about? In Nigeria of where?
Re: Muslims Or Christians- Who Has Helped Nigerian Society More? by nomanicole(f): 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2008
What a question! @poster
Use ur tongue to count ur teeth,if u want to hear from us as they have sent you so dat you can start a war,tell them u dint succeed on nairaland ok? Start threads that are inspiring and educating not problem prone threads.o so kwa gi!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria To Dredge Niger River - What's Your Take? / James Ibori’s Sister, Mistress, Get Five Years In Prison! / Revisiting Orkar’s Map Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.