Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Thread For Masters Degree Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For Masters Degree Students (14350 Views)

LAUTECH Admission Status 2014/2015; Why Are Pre-degree Students Still Waiting. / Aaua Pre-degree Students Please Read. / Jamb Result For Unaab Pre-degree Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 29, 2014
Adebayolove:

Ajuwaya. Finish your NYSC first. Things will be clearer before then. I will advise you start applying for jobs now not wait until you're through with NYSC.
Most MSC program are flexible and can be done together with a job.
Wish you the best.
Thanks so much.... I really appreciate your advice!
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by HooxJnr(m): 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
B. A. Christian Religious Studies
M.A. Religious Studies (Church History)
PhD - undecided

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by jeebz: 1:37am On Jan 20, 2015
21 days of inactivity Abeg let's keep the thread lively

1 Like

Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 20, 2015
Bring it on!
What challenges & breaktheoughs are you facing currently? We could help out, or better, learn from your experience.

As for me, the phobia to make past a PhD grade has never gone past 2mm from me...lol.

A friend at Unilag says it challenging over there. I wish I were in her shoes. #seriously.
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by padeolu: 4:51am On Jan 31, 2015
B.Sc. Geography and Resource Management (UNIOSUN)

M.Sc. Environmental Management and Control (rounding up) (OAU)

PhD. Tropical Bioclimatology (hopefully)
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by padeolu: 4:58am On Jan 31, 2015
emahnwel:
Bring it on!
What challenges & breaktheoughs are you facing currently? We could help out, or better, learn from your experience.

As for me, the phobia to make past a PhD grade has never gone past 2mm from me...lol.

A friend at Unilag says it challenging over there. I wish I were in her shoes. #seriously.
That's the struggle. Considering the fact that PhD grade in most Universities is done in percentage as compared to the cgpa style.

But I think there might be some schools that their PhD requirement is less than 60% (prolly with a clause).
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Joy83(m): 8:39am On Jan 31, 2015
padeolu:
That's the struggle. Considering the fact that PhD grade in most Universities is done in percentage as compared to the cgpa style.

But I think there might be some schools that their PhD requirement is less than 60% (prolly with a clause).

please, how is the 60% thing is calculated as compare to normal undergraduate cgpa... i thought 3.0/5.0 cgpa amounts to 60%
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by padeolu: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2015
Joy83:

please, how is the 60% thing is calculated as compare to normal undergraduate cgpa... i thought 3.0/5.0 cgpa amounts to 60%
The weighted average (in percent) is your cumulative score in all subjects divided by the total numbers of subject you took. As in, if you took 6 courses and scored 72, 68, 65... its those exact score that will be multiplied by the percentage of each course.

Its ur class of grade (A=5, B=4...) that will used for the calculation unlike in the percentage where ur exact score is what will be used.

I guess you've started M.Sc already?
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Joy83(m): 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2015
padeolu:
The weighted average (in percent) is your cumulative score in all subjects divided by the total numbers of subject you took. As in, if you took 6 courses and scored 72, 68, 65... its those exact score that will be multiplied by the percentage of each course.

Its ur class of grade (A=5, B=4...) that will used for the calculation unlike in the percentage where ur exact score is what will be used.

I guess you've started M.Sc already?
Yes, I have started M.Sc. already.
I know that 50 is the pass mark, but does that mean if anyone scores 50-59 in any course, he won't get Ph.D. Grade?

Thank you for your response!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by padeolu: 8:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
Joy83:

Yes, I have started M.Sc. already.
I know that 50 is the pass mark, but does that mean if anyone scores 50-59 in any course, he won't get Ph.D. Grade?

Thank you for your response!
If the weighted average is less than 60, one won't be able to do PhD without M.Phil.

If one score less than 60 in a course and score more than 60 in others, such a person can still make PhD grade.

for example, if one took 5 courses and scored 51, 54, 67, 75, 58... the weighted average is 61{(51+54+67+75+58)/5} provided the 5 courses have the same unit.

But I think some school offer take 58% for PhD
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Joy83(m): 9:39pm On Jan 31, 2015
padeolu:
If the weighted average is less than 60, one won't be able to do PhD without M.Phil.

If one score less than 60 in a course and score more than 60 in others, such a person can still make PhD grade.

for example, if one took 5 courses and scored 51, 54, 67, 75, 58... the weighted average is 61{(51+54+67+75+58)/5} provided the 5 courses have the same unit.

But I think some school offer take 58% for PhD
Thank you very much for your wonderful and timely insight... I was thinking of equivalent of 3.0/5.0 cgpa before, but now I really know I have much work to do, so that cooperative money and stress wouldn't be in vain.
Now, I know more about the fear of Ph.D. Grade!

Hmmmmm, God, I'm in your hand oooooo.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by 2sinepaul: 11:31am On Feb 06, 2015
bsc ststistics
msc statistics; design n analysis of exp.-( in view)

1 Like

Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by padeolu: 2:18am On Feb 11, 2015
2sinepaul:
bsc ststistics
msc statistics; design n analysis of exp.-( in view)
O.A.U.?
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
Any FUTO graduate student here?
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2015
I have been a secret follower of this thread. But I must commend various commentators. Especially on the Ph. D grade calculation. It is well. Success is ours in Jesus Name. Amen.
I am currently an MSc Accounting student.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by 2sinepaul: 7:47am On Feb 15, 2015
padeolu:
O.A.U.?
sure.
r u in for it too?
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by padeolu: 10:10am On Feb 15, 2015
2sinepaul:

sure.
r u in for it too?
No, not the same department. Institute of Ecology n Env Studies.
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by 2sinepaul: 4:56pm On Feb 24, 2015
padeolu:
No, not the same department. Institute of Ecology n Env Studies.

aiit.
btw, hw com ur guess was right?
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by padeolu: 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2015
2sinepaul:

aiit.
btw, hw com ur guess was right?
Its no brainer that just 3 or 4 schools offers DemoStat in Nigeria and just one at the Postgrad level.
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by mubzay(f): 9:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
Joy83:

Thank you very much for your wonderful and timely insight... I was thinking of equivalent of 3.0/5.0 cgpa before, but now I really know I have much work to do, so that cooperative money and stress wouldn't be in vain.
Now, I know more about the fear of Ph.D. Grade!

Hmmmmm, God, I'm in your hand oooooo.
Pls when is the sale of form for this year at unilorin? Tnks
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Joy83(m): 11:56am On Feb 26, 2015
mubzay:
Pls when is the sale of form for this year at unilorin? Tnks
It is usually around April- May-June...
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by mubzay(f): 12:02am On Feb 27, 2015
Joy83:

It is usually around April- May-June...
ok. Tnks so much. When will d entrance exam be held? How does it look like? Much appreciation
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Joy83(m): 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
mubzay:
ok. Tnks so much. When will d entrance exam be held? How does it look like? Much appreciation
The entrance exam is usually first week of July, and it is departmental based (courses you did during undergraduate).
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by 2sinepaul: 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
padeolu:
Its no brainer that just 3 or 4 schools offers DemoStat in Nigeria and just one at the Postgrad level.
there r several schs dt offer statistics(not demostat) in nigeria both at underg n pg level
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by fOFT: 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
emahnwel:
Compliments of the season to everyone.

This thread was borne out of the rich benefits I have derived from a much advanced thread - Thread For PhD Students. Though I aspire to bag one someday, I know I have to start from somewhere. I have followed and enjoy first-hand information that has been, and will be of great help in the future.

Well, I would start off. I had a B.Eng in Electrical/Electronics Engineering; and currently on an M.Sc program in Electronics & Computer Engineering (Nigeria). I would like us to share ideas, topics, questions, discuss our struggles and challenges so that others, both current and intending students in any field/discipline can benefit.

Lets make this thread worth every click and view! All the best!!!

Which School did you receive your B.Eng
I have the same
and my M.Sc is electronic engineering(in view)
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by motab(m): 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
pls house, i need to knw the prospects of one studying m.sc technical education(electrical electronics option). I have a B.eng, elect\elect and a pgde.
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Adebayolove(m): 9:49pm On May 25, 2015
So quiet in here.

To whom it may concern. Unilorin PG Admission Application for 2015/16 session is out.
Application cost is 25000 visit www.Unilorin.edu.ng
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 25, 2015
Have you ever tried to solve a mathematics problem and got hanged?
Have your teacher/lecturer solved a mathematics problem and skip so many steps?
Do you want to know whether the answer you got in solving your mathematics problem is accurate?
Are you confused about what to do next in solving a problem?
FOR YOU and ONLY YOU

NICKZOM (www.nickzom.com) is here for you in all available way.

To go straight to the Mathematics section click on www.nickzom.com/calcworldmaths.html
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by jonazter(m): 12:23am On May 26, 2015
Bsc Computer science,,,,
Msc (in view Artificial inteligence or Netwokin), pls wil lik to know wen U.I forms wil b on sale..any infor? Tanx
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Wonder1844(m): 9:06am On May 27, 2015
Please i will like to know any university that offers CONTROL ENGINEERING in her master's degree program
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Wonder1844(m): 9:13am On May 27, 2015
obioraval:
Msc Control systems Engineering (Nigeria)
which of the universities are u .
Re: Thread For Masters Degree Students by Nobody: 12:16am On May 28, 2015
jonazter:
Bsc Computer science,,,,
Msc (in view Artificial inteligence or Netwokin), pls wil lik to know wen U.I forms wil b on sale..any infor? Tanx

It should be on sale before the end of July.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Impact Of Good Academic Grades And Personal Qualities On labour Market Success / Dead Bauchi Federal Polytechnic Student Found In Hostel / 10 Hottest States (in Terms Of Temperature) In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.