Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? (57289 Views)

Poll: Waist beads and chains are:

Attractive: 81% (135 votes)
Repulsive: 18% (31 votes)
This poll has ended

With WAIST TRAINERS, Where Do The Organs Go? / Naija Santa On Beads And Aso Oke Attire (pics) / Nigerian Girl With Waist-long Hair (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by josely: 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2008
leeroywill said >> it makes y"all look PROMISCUOUS!!!

Not at all. It is no more promiscuous than wearing a neck chain or a bracelet. As I wrote earlier, in many cultures it is normal to wear waist chains, it is just another jewelry.

After wearing a waist chain for 35 years, I am so used to having it around my waist, and I am so used to the tickling sensation it gives when I walk. If I ever take off my chain, I feel completely naked, it is just like I am not wearing any cloths at all. Since I had it so long, it is just like a part of me. When I travel in airplanes once in three years or so, I took it off one or two times before going to the airport - that is when I feel very strange because of not having the chain around. So often I don't even worry about taking it off, but then sets off the alarm with the airport x-ray and they had to hand search me. But that is a minor problem. I always liked having my chain around my waist just as much as I like my anklet and bracelet. I guess it is different tastes and different cultures.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by buttyelele: 12:10am On Jun 12, 2008
well methood man, u are lucky u met one that had it on for fashion, hope u wont meet one that uses it for something else, u know like arrest ur dick.

as long as it is a possibility, i dont venture, mothers can even give it to their children to make sure they remain chaste, with repercussions ususally for the guy who his strong dicked.

just be careful.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by kaylala(m): 7:17am On Jun 12, 2008
I naturally don't like it,i get pissed seeing it on some1 i like. angry

If i don't like u,it doesn't bother me much. wink

My wife will not use it !!!! cool
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by hanksgirl(f): 7:49am On Jun 12, 2008
its ok for some! but i won't wear it, cool wink wink
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by oYaTo(m): 8:34am On Jun 12, 2008
Method-Man:

Na Lie

I knack one girl a few years ago, i hammer am sotay the waistbead scatter like Abacha teeth

I feel ya. . .I had a girl wey dey always come my crib sometimes last year, and each time after she comot i dey always get the pieces of beads scattered all over my bed. . .

I personally find waist beads sexy sha
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by 2Legit: 9:06am On Jun 12, 2008
josely:

leeroywill said >> it makes y"all look PROMISCUOUS!!!

Not at all. It is no more promiscuous than wearing a neck chain or a bracelet. As I wrote earlier, in many cultures it is normal to wear waist chains, it is just another jewelry.

We dont have to do it simply because they have it in other cultures
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by hola2ng(m): 9:59am On Jun 12, 2008
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by tulk2mi: 10:22am On Jun 12, 2008
wat eva goes with u is cool, just like body piercing and tattoos is not evrybody dat likes it but its cool with some pple.
If waist beads makes u look damn sexy then go for it girls, aint nutting wrong with it. y'all dig.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Raimond(m): 10:39am On Jun 12, 2008
Waist beads/chains=Mammy water! Mammy water!!,Mammy water!!! grin

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by onyekang1(f): 10:50am On Jun 12, 2008
If its for fashion,then there is absolutely notin wrong with it.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 12, 2008
na wa o! make una no wear agbada again now. there are lots of purely cultural and non-fetish waysof wearing beads. if in doubt, ask a granny/granpa. those who use beads for fetish stuff use a certain type, which distinguishes it from other common types, or will mark it specially or something.

the common beads shouldnt scare you, abi u offend some deity recently? grin grin

we tend to label anything non-western as 'fetish'. it's not right. there are beautiful things about culture worth preserving.

Nuff said.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by eudio(f): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2008
IT DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL, IF U LIKE IT, GO AHEAD, IT IS A FREE WORLD.

DO NOT ALLOW ANYBODY TO MAKE U FEEL TERRIBLE ABT WHT U LIKE WEARING PROVIDED U R COMFORTABLE.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by emmaction: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2008
no matter the tradition that supports the beads of a thing,i hate it and it turns me down anytime ai pulled woman and see a bead,the truth is that it has a private or religious meaning which is best known to the wearer.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Epiphany(m): 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2008
some say that women should not wear trousers - it is sinful
Others say that piercing the ears with more than one hole once makes a girl look like a prostitute
Many say that women should not perm their hair or use attachments or tint/dye
A few say jewellry is a sign of idol worship.
Others believe that having a nose ring is a sign of devil worship
A lot confess that using make up is a sign of evil, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on.

WE CANNOT SATISFY EVERYONE. DO WHAT YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Fancier(f): 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2008
men what is all this fetish story about waist biad? I wear it and its pretty sexy especially if u have sexy curves 'u know'

though we have fetish stories about it like removing stretch marks, narrow waist line, big Ass, or BABALAWO SAY ,

As far as am concern if you like it wear it. As eor the poster U say YOur boyfriend like am, why YOu come dey drink Panado for another person head?
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by ubest1(m): 12:55pm On Jun 12, 2008
well, they is nothing wrong on that, but make men look the ladies some how, for example for me when l see a lady with the traditional bead, l look her as a cultist,prostitude,seeing it as a charming device etc
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by ubest1(m): 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2008
well, they is nothing wrong on that, but make men look the ladies some how, for example for me when l see a lady with the traditional bead, l look her as a cultist,prostitude,seeing it as a charming device etc
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2008
It kinda of kool and sexy on a babe wearing jeans on an okada, though can lead to accident by guys that will not stop starring even with their wives beside them in the car grin

Also make sure it's not tight so that it does not bust off when the action begins grin grin
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2008
everyone has his or her own choice, i wear waist beads too cos my guy loves it, so it depends on individual
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by otokx(m): 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2008
Nothing
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by doracle4(m): 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2008
Beads are cool, so cool and extraordinarily cool. Why do people always run to the closet of african culture to paint certain things bad? who said african ladies never wore beads? Its the African heritage guys, go do some research. I see it as an addition to beautify the female gender. Why do u accept facial makeups and hairdos and allow ur girl to dress to kill u and make her the apple of your hunger and then u condemn beads? My ladies, if u feel comfortable in beads, girl GO FOR IT. If u are promiscious, beads will not increase that nature, so dont put it on beads.
For my fellows who always see a shadow of fetish in everything, guys, u need spiritual help. AMEN.
Making beads is creative. Since i learned the act, its just so cool seeing your creation bringing out the beauty of a sweet lady. cool

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by richylaw(m): 3:07pm On Jun 12, 2008
The use of waist beads as rightly pointed out may be for fashion, traditional societal attributes or for other fetish reasons and it should be noted that the usages had been in existence since the beginning of culture among most Nigerian tribe. Some call it jigida, some call it bebe, some call it esuru while others will say ‘ileke idi’. It is seen as a symbolic element of maturity in ladies in terms of fashion while royal families and so many tribal families of the Yoruba side of Nigeria use it as well to display prowess and gender dignity. Therefore the idea that waist band is not a Nigerian tribal culture should be esponged.
For a man with an observant sight , you don’t need to see the beads before you know it is there and believe me or not it has both psychological and physical impact on the user and the observer. I will not shy away from the fact that parents or certain ladies use some of these beads for fetish reasons, this ranges from , gateman strategy grin, forceful vegetable position grin, specimen bank grin or an antidote for ‘magun’ grin (for those who believe in its existence).  However the fashion side of waist bead is very rampart in every part of the world and the local precious stone types we are used to in Nigeria is now fast metamophorsizing into 18 carat gold jewellery snaking alluringly  on the coastal line of the waist.
If this throws me off my legs for a lady why won’t I encourage it  with my wife.
The use of waist chain is defined by the owner. The observer when patient enough will be able to discern what it’s meant for. As for me , I do love it and I even buy it as gifts for my lady friends.
KEEP A FREE MIND TO HAVE A FREE WORLD.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by carlton(m): 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2008
emmaction:

no matter the tradition that supports the beads of a thing,i hate it and it turns me down anytime ai pulled woman and see a bead,the truth is that it has a private or religious meaning which is best known to the wearer.
u no sabi @ alllllllll,i hold on 2 the bead me and ma gal horse ride grin grin if u no wat i mean wink
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by nuttygal(f): 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2008
waist beads is cool i love it and i wear it .But its just that many people dont know how to wear it normally it should not be too tight and it shouldn't be some local ones .mine is silver with a mixture of gold.hmn its cute wink
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by izeek(m): 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2008
waist beads is one of the greatest turn on's that our fores ever tot about.
whenever i see them beads i always think that them fores must have been real sex freaks to invent such. (kidding)

but come to tink of it, they make even an ugly girl look classy.
well i personaly bought them for my ex (b4 we split) and it was the only thing that made me change my mind even when am not in the mood.

there is nothing wrong with them, but trust me if u meet a proper benin girl, with waist beads, ask her how long she had them on.
if its been from birth, then i suggest you split, cos they def are not normal.

do beads exspand as u grow? well the benins def have that qstt ans.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by sharonsto(f): 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2008
u sure say AIDS never scatter ur body since den tongue tongue
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by popsonj(m): 11:08pm On Jun 12, 2008
Those pictures are so sexy, but some waist beads looks horibble angry angry
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by frankiriri(m): 8:53am On Jun 13, 2008
There is nothing wrong with it .
I personally like it on a woman
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by jkpretty(f): 9:27am On Jun 13, 2008
I love, love , love waist beads or chain, it makes u look hot & sexy.

My boo only says "just don't make it show when dressed" cool
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Megafunky7(m): 11:04am On Jun 13, 2008
[i][/i][b][/b][color=#006600][/color]WAIST BEADS OR CHAIN ARE BEAUTIFUL, BOTH MALE AND FEMALE WEARS IT, BUT DIRECTLY TO FEMALE, MOST LADIES CAN SAY IT OPEN THAT IT'S FOR THEIR IDENTITY. MOST LESBIANS IDENTIFY THEMSELVES WITH IT. BUT FOR FASHION, I LOVE IT ON WOMEN BOTH THE LEG CHAIN . BUT SOMETIMES ONE CAN'T TRUST PEOPLE WITH THEIR FETISH BELIEFS.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by bootylick: 11:31am On Jun 13, 2008
Personally, i think it is sexy and trendy, especially ladies with the hour-glass figure and flat stomach. But in Naija it is usually regarded as jazz and i would advise ladies to wear them if boyfriend/husband likes it. earrings, ring, Anklets, necklace, hand chain/bracelet and waist chains or beads - all na jewellry, same ni! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Braided Hairstyle: Fashion Or Madness? / Ladies, Consider Yourself A Fashion Disaster If You Dress Like This To Work / Lady Cried As Laser Treatment To Remove Tribal Mark Left Worse Scars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.