Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:32 AM

What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? (57761 Views)

Poll: Waist beads and chains are:

Attractive: 81% (135 votes)
Repulsive: 18% (31 votes)
This poll has ended

With WAIST TRAINERS, Where Do The Organs Go? / Naija Santa On Beads And Aso Oke Attire (pics) / Nigerian Girl With Waist-long Hair (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by iice(f): 5:42am On Jul 10, 2009
origina9ja:

maybe because of the way i was brought up, to me sha i believe that beads of the waist can sometimes be to posses the power for attract and evoke deep emotional responses, they are a sign of success and affluence as well as spiritual well being. I'm not against people wearing it but i cant because i don't feel the need to

I'm a Yoruba and where i come from, we have a belief that the waist beads posses some erotic appeal, they have the power to provoke desire or deep emotional response on the opposite sex. Waist beads in Yoruba are also used for birth control, the beads are laced with charms and worn by the women to prevent conception.

also the use of beads in courtship rituals over past centuries has evolved into their use as a fashionable item, worn with the intention of attracting the opposite sex. ANYWAYS, I BELIEVE THERE ARE DIFFERENT REASON TO WEAR WAIST BEADS AND CHAINS BUT I STILL SEE NO REASON TO WEAR IT WHY BECAUSE I WOULD NOT FEEL ANY BETTER.

Interesting. I never wore it in high school when people were wearing theirs. But i wear it now because i like it not for any purpose other than that. Besides i wear alot of other things tongue
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Miridega(f): 7:31am On Aug 17, 2009
Firsst of all I loooovvvvvveeeeee Beads, and anything made of beads, its Art to me, I make my own stuff with beads, including waist beads, or beeded belts. I find the cute. and people like to compliment me when I hv them on. I just thing we all grow up diffrently and have diffrent cultures and people have to learn to apriciate other peoples way of living. smiley smiley
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by benheart(f): 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2009
I love beads and chains too, am an addict i cant do without them on my waist, right from childhood, even know i have a white gold on my waist. its kind of cool and sexy.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by amosexy: 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2009
Cant do without my beads wink
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by ladygaga(f): 2:22am On Aug 27, 2009
I thnk its so so lovely, if we all can wear earings and fingarings why nt on d waist??, but i dnt lyk d way sme ladies go abt it, u get 2c the layers of chain peepin outa d jeans(wit d butt crack showin)-on purpose tho'-'screamin come and get me', ,i dnt thnk its bad, i thnk it enhances intimacy bw a couple as sme guys like it, bottomline-i dnt thnk its 4public viewin, it shld be tucked away in jeans.skirts etc
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by showstopa: 12:14pm On Aug 27, 2009
Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeze,
Does any one know where i can gold waist chains in PortHarcourt or maybe haveit bought and sent down to me?
Also what are the prices.
i think i should get a 30 inchjust incase.if its too big, i can trim it down.
Thank ya all.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by agabaI23(m): 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2009
let me see your waist and I can help you get one undecided Just to know the size
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by showstopa: 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2009
@agaba
can you help?
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by agabaI23(m): 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2009
On the condition that I see the waist to know the size
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by adetoru(f): 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2010
I've been wearing waist chains,esp the ones that have little colored charms on it(like on charm bracelets)for over 10 yrs now.My husband met me wearing them and encouraged me by buying them for me regularly.He thinks they are sexy wink
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by adetoru(f): 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2010
@showstoppa:I used to get thm at a persian shop at 100 Woji rd,@GRA but they're not there anymore,sorry,
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by namazon: 5:39pm On Mar 01, 2010
@adetoru: where else do you think I can get a nice gold chain as I have been looking for one for some time now. I wear small beads but I think the chains are very beautiful.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by adetoru(f): 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2010
I will find out,I'll ask around
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by namazon: 11:28pm On Mar 01, 2010
Thank adetoru. I really need to treat myself. smiley
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Agibecky: 8:35pm On Aug 14, 2010
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 10, 2015
MethodMan3:

Na Lie

I knack one girl a few years ago, i hammer am sotay the waistbead scatter like Abacha teeth

You sound like some one who doesnt av a dick or like a one minute noodle man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Men Changing Their Clothes For A Wedding On Festac Road" (Photos) / 20 Most Beautiful Female Celebrities In Africa 2013 / Lady Wore This Cleavage-Baring Outfit To An Event (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.