Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

How Much Vcash Can We Take To Nigeria From Europe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Vcash Can We Take To Nigeria From Europe (1280 Views)

What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Vcash Can We Take To Nigeria From Europe by amnestylaw1(m): 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
I have tried searching for info online, but could not find anything helpful. I am planning to come to Nigeria soon, but was wondering whether there is any customs regulation in Nigeria regarding the limit to amount of money one can enter the country with from Europe. In other words, what is the maximum amount of money (in EURO) I can enter Nigeria with without declaring to custom? Considering the way Naija is, do I really need to declare any currency even if it equals or slightly above the minimum amount that needs to be declared?

Thanks for your numerous responses.
Re: How Much Vcash Can We Take To Nigeria From Europe by justwise(m): 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
amnestylaw1:
I have tried searching for info online, but could not find anything helpful. I am planning to come to Nigeria soon, but was wondering whether there is any customs regulation in Nigeria regarding the limit to amount of money one can enter the country with from Europe. In other words, what is the maximum amount of money (in EURO) I can enter Nigeria with without declaring to custom? Considering the way Naija is, do I really need to declare any currency even if it equals or slightly above the minimum amount that needs to be declared?

Thanks for your numerous responses.

Anything more than 10 thousand need to be declared

2 Likes

Re: How Much Vcash Can We Take To Nigeria From Europe by amnestylaw1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
justwise:

Anything more than 10 thousand need to be declared

Thanks for the response. I guess by 10,000 you refer to Euro not dollar
Re: How Much Vcash Can We Take To Nigeria From Europe by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
amnestylaw1:

Thanks for the response. I guess by 10,000 you refer to Euro not dollar

€,$ or £

1 Like

Re: How Much Vcash Can We Take To Nigeria From Europe by sholatech(m): 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
If you are Nigerian coming into Nigeria, you won't be asked when entering. But if you are non-Nigerian, you will need to fill customs currency declaration form on arrival. And you only declare it, not forfeited

1 Like

Re: How Much Vcash Can We Take To Nigeria From Europe by amnestylaw1(m): 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
sholatech:
If you are Nigerian coming into Nigeria, you won't be asked when entering. But if you are non-Nigerian, you will need to fill customs currency declaration form on arrival. And you only declare it, not forfeited

Thanks. I was wondering whether once one declares an amount, the Naija factor of settle us or we give you problems may set in. From your post, it seems you declare and not necessarily forfeit or part away with some...

(1) (Reply)

Peace Mass Transit Needs Good Drivers / Etihad AIRWAYS Delayed For 3hours In Lagos Airport / How To Get A Job In Dubai From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.