Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

I Need Help With A Domain Registrar - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Help With A Domain Registrar (740 Views)

DOMAIN Reg:which Domain Registrar In Nigeria Accept Direct Bank Deposit? / Who's The Cheapest Domain Registrar? / Which Domain Registrar And Host Should I Go For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With A Domain Registrar by Nobody: 1:56am On Dec 12, 2008
Hi,
I have searched around the forum for this and i was unable to see it, so i would ask. My domain and host is due to expire. Actually, i was initially hosted my first domain with nairadomains but this dude hacked their fee from 4000 something to 9000 for both domain reg and web hosting, that's ridiculous. Now, i am looking for a new host. Please i want to know if i will lose my data when i transfer my domain to another registrar and web host.

The question i need the answer is - i need domain registrar that also offers hosting that with Cpanel feature in nigeria and also their price must fall within 4000 something naira for starter pack. I am kind of familiar with cpanel and i am already used to it, though it's hard leaving nairadomain because of their cpanel feature but i can't help it. Please the link of the registrar will be appreciated, and mostly importantly let it meet my criteria. Thanks (only if you contribute something helpful)
Re: I Need Help With A Domain Registrar by bug24(m): 7:06am On Dec 12, 2008
U dont have any problems bigmodo

First, i will offer you a deal, let my coy host you. Its quite flexible and the hosting is used majorly for the websites designed by my coy. Its all cpanel and the starter pack is 3k

2. Another sure bet within Nigeria is SYSKAY just visit syskay.com
syskay is very flexible also, customer friendly and all. (Syskay must realy pay me for this)

3. To answer your question, YES, when you move your domain, u are definitely going to lose your data. Its like formating ur PC, u still have ur PC but ur data is gone. So, I'll advice you download your files using a website copier (if u dont have any, google for one). it downloads ur entire site and it runs like u are on a local server.

Hope av tried?
Re: I Need Help With A Domain Registrar by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 12, 2008
bigmodo i can help you with a cpanel hosting and domain registration for N4000 i would suggest that since your domain has is about to expired and you don't want to continue to use that registrar anymore just transfered the domain to another registrar before it expire i can help you out with this if you don't do this and you are waiting for the domain to expire with the intention re-registering you might lose the domain to domainers
Re: I Need Help With A Domain Registrar by johnok(m): 10:32pm On Dec 12, 2008
Hi bigmodo  Let My friend host you for that price . with e-host, you will not pay for any auto responder they are super. That is what i use and They have are easy to use cpanel  . Check the auto responder out on my site

http://www.certainearnings.com/
Re: I Need Help With A Domain Registrar by finek: 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2008
bigmodo, you could lose data and experience downtime depending on how you carry out the change over to the new host.

Follow the following steps to minimise data loss:

1) Establish your new hosting account with the new host.
2) Create the same email accounts on the new hosting account as you had on the old.
3) Copy your website from the old host to the new one. cPanel comes with a backup tool you can use for this. You may want to simply download your mails off the old server using an email client into your computer/laptop.
4) Change the DNS record of your domain name to point to the nameservers of the new host. Your new hosting account will be accessible with your domain name within 24-72 hour after the DNS record change.

These steps will minimise your data loss and possibly ensure you experience no downtime.

Once your new hosting account are running with the new host, you can then take steps to completely transfer the domain name as well to the new host, assuming you want to do this as well.

You seemed happy with your old host though, if you ask me I would advise you stay with them. Cost is not really a good index to assess a host. As with quite some things in life, you get what you pay for.

(1) (Reply)

Strongwebmail.com To Lose $10,000 To Hackers. / Inserting Newsletter Page Into Yahoo Email Compose / Which Stat Counter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.