Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan (38425 Views)

Buhari Receiving Letter Of Credence From Pakistan, Japan & Ukraine's Ambassadors / Another SA -Nigerian Arms Deal Bust / Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:
When top government officials were busy slandering Islam you people cheered them on. You all walked around smiling while your leaders make silly statements about religion and it was okay to all of you abi?

I guess next the FG will blame Sauidi Arabia
Slandering islam? There was never a thing said about islam that wasn't true.

We'll sure have our way around the arms and eliminate your islamic warriors.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by benuejosh: 6:19am On Dec 29, 2014
brb
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 29, 2014
Its high time govt appoint and empower some science n tech schools and professors to plunge into arms and propels research/ production. we have the resources we have the brains. This is long over due.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Mynd44: 6:21am On Dec 29, 2014
blizard44:

Slandering islam? There was never a thing said about islam that wasn't true.

We'll sure have our way around the arms and eliminate your islamic warriors.
And yet people asked for proof and said nothing has been said about Islam. Keep it up na.

Our food go soon done.

8 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Ngwakwe: 6:22am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

You are going to blame the Saudi Government for not allowing a government they don't trust fly arms over their airspace?

Perhaps you will say Saudi Arabia is also supporting Boko Haram next.

Will you have supported Goodluck Jonathan had he banned Saudi Airlines from Nigerian Airspace for the same reason you gave.

As I always say, extreme antagonism is dangerous to our freedom to critique.

7 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by cjrane: 6:22am On Dec 29, 2014
[size=18pt]
I don't think this has anything to do with politics of religion in Nigeria.

Well, Saudis contributed troops against Iraq.
Last time i checked, Iraq was a Muslim country!
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by egift(m): 6:22am On Dec 29, 2014
I said it one day at the rate Jonathan is going, we will buy end up buying from terrorist organizations.

Vote out Jonathan before it is too late.

6 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Trut(m): 6:22am On Dec 29, 2014
chemali:

Are you saying they have never denounced Boko Haram before? Or do you want them to take up the role of chief condemner as a full time job? The way you guys think ehn

I want the Northerners to condemn and support the FG to fight terrorism. When arm robbery and kidnapping was rampant in the East, the easterners condemn and supported the FG. That is why arm robbery and kidnapping became something of the past.

The Northerners supported the activities of BH when they were bombing churches and Christian dominated area. Now, BH has turned against them, they blame GEJ and CAN for their woes.

The APC has never condemn Boko haram, instead they blame the FG and criticise our gallant soldiers who fight day and night to restore peace in this country.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by tempest01(m): 6:23am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:
When top government officials were busy slandering Islam you people cheered them on. You all walked around smiling while your leaders make silly statements about religion and it was okay to all of you abi?

And you felt okay clicking the submit button after typing this

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by papaejima1: 6:23am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

I guess you missed this

It is you that missed it. The report said WAR that has a religious twist.

What WAR and what RELIGION was the report alluding to?

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 29, 2014
Saudi Arabia is USA puppet, if USA don‘t want Nigeria to get arms, Saudi would not grant permission. Gej should talk to Obama, if Obama agrees, Saudi agrees.

Let us not forget that saudi refuses to allow OPEC to reduce oil output, though reducing it would be of their interest, just because USA want to punish Russia.

Saudi and Nigeria were close, when Nigeria and USA were close.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by TRADELYN: 6:23am On Dec 29, 2014
Hmmm...a food for thought!

tit:
It is the house rat that tells the bush rat where the fish is hidden.
chikena.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by holuphisayor(m): 6:24am On Dec 29, 2014
gej purchasing arms to prosecute 2015 post election violence .

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by onadana: 6:24am On Dec 29, 2014
coolBunch of terrorist....Saudis are known exporters and financials of terrorism...
yet they are in a cozy romance with the US.See what cluelessness had caused us.

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by latfun22(m): 6:25am On Dec 29, 2014
Dont know what to say grin
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Akon419(m): 6:26am On Dec 29, 2014
Is no longer a new story that most of those high profile terrorist scattered around the world are some how connected to Saudi Arabia : they enjoy whatever atrocities committed by those extremist so long as Alahu akhba is chanted; boko harams are Sunni version of Islam which Saudi kingdom championed

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

And yet people asked for proof and said nothing has been said about Islam. Keep it up na.

Our food go soon done.

I only gave you the benefit of doubt, mynd44.
Substantiate your claims nah.

Talk about your food, you'll go hungry for another five - and possibly, ten years from now.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by gbodimowo(m): 6:27am On Dec 29, 2014
Na today Saudi Arabia dey misbehave?

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Paspane: 6:27am On Dec 29, 2014
Bro Mynnd44 please you understand nothing about this episode. The US government is boldly written on this forget the saudis

6 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:28am On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

If Northern and Western elites who ruled Nigeria had involved our higher institutions in weapons development ( Design , Fabrication and Testing ) as DICON mass produces, we won't be receiving these insults.

Question guys like you should ask is

What effort did Buhari make in encouraging our higher institutions in weapons development when he was military head of state.

What effort did OBJ make in seeing that Nigeria through the help of her higher institutions developed weapons that are exportable.

My friend, I dont know why you quoted me and the other guy together. I do not agree with some of his comments.

All I am saying is that obj had international clout and respect.

And by the way, if it's about local manufacture of military hardware, what has Jonathan done in about 6yrs to correct it.

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

Errr....

Why is Buhari being mentioned here? I dont understand you people.

How come you did not ask what IBB who annulled an election (who our president went to go say hello to) did about it? Game of interest huh?

Keep playing and expect anyone tl take us serious

Go back to that post and you will see where I wrote Northern and Western elites who led FG.

OBJ spent 8yrs and he never made effort to involve our higher institutions in weapons development

Likewise all Northern military head who led FG for years

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 29, 2014
What a country.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Paspane: 6:30am On Dec 29, 2014
Some people are politically naïve I swear. Remember the isreali chopper episode when the US covertly denied us our purchase? This is a replica of the previous episode. They wouldn't sell to us and wouldn't let their boys sell to us. Instead of blaming the government or the Saudis blame the US government.

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Mynd44: 6:31am On Dec 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Will you have supported Goodluck Jonathan had he banned Saudi Airlines from Nigerian Airspace for the same reason you gave.

As I always say, extreme antagonism is dangerous to our freedom to critique.
International politics is a matter of the interest of the local population. Saudi does not feel comfortable about us so they are not allowing us fly arms over their airspace.

If we don't feel comfy about them for a genuine reason we can do same. When we deported South African over a diplomatic row, I was all for it.

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by jmslimx(m): 6:31am On Dec 29, 2014
trillville:
Why must Nigeria always look to import finished goods (military equipment). Government will now tell us it has no business with business.
if DICON is empowered to develop all these equipment, we will not be facing this embarrassment now.

We have so many mechanical engineers unemployed, some even with masters yet government says it has no business with business so it has to create employment in foreign countries by importing all sorts of finished goods at the expense of our people and the naira.

Saudi Arabia is simply doing the bidding of America and this action has absolutely no religious undertone in my opinion. Pakistan is a much more radical state than saudi and yet it has chosen to sell Nigeria weapons.

please research about Pakistan Military they have one of the best Security Services in the world after CIA , MI6 , Isreal .. designing Military equipment requires a lot which this politicians wont want to invest in it...its all about investment... best option is to a take a diplomatic role on S’arabia ... they are in serious romance with the US government that's why we have oil crisis today... But seriously I agree with your idea of us using our technology... to build this stuff

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Mynd44: 6:34am On Dec 29, 2014
Paspane:
Bro Mynnd44 please you understand nothing about this episode. The US government is boldly written on this forget the saudis
And why does the US not trust Nigeria enough to sell arms to us?

Have you thought about that lately?

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by papaejima1: 6:34am On Dec 29, 2014
Now the pieces are falling into place.
Saudi pumping oil non stop crashing prices
US blocking arms purchases
Saudi blocking arms delivery efforts

All aimed at weakening the Nigerian state's capacity to beat down the insurgents and stay economically strong.

America, your 2015 prediction is doomed to fail.

If Fidel Castro could outwit your over 600 attempts to kill him, then Nigeria will outwit you for life.

10 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by kevoh(m): 6:34am On Dec 29, 2014
So when do we start manufacturing our own weapons? If our government can not see this as an insult to Nigeria then they should vacate their position. Saudi Arabia, South Africa,YU.S.A have insulted us enough. Let's get some W.M.D programme started and shake the world a bit just like North Korea. angry
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Ikengawo: 6:35am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

So Saudi Arabia tries to prevent your country from fighting Boko Haram, and you take Saudi Arabia's side of the issue?
Anyone that has to call you their brother is cursed.

8 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by iaindabawa(m): 6:35am On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=cjrane post=29292813][size=15pt][b]I completely believe this story is untrue and designed to leak Nigeria's source of arms procurement for it's military.

However, "If" Saudis refuse access over their airspace, they can always break the trip.

Fly from Pakistan to Dubai.
Then from Dubai, fly over the Indian ocean to avoid Saudi Arabia and then land at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Then from Addis Ababa to Abuja, Nigeria.

You Make A Lot Of Sense.
Hope They Are Listening.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Habibuisah1(m): 6:36am On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

If Northern and Western elites who ruled Nigeria had involved our higher institutions in weapons development ( Design , Fabrication and Testing ) as DICON mass produces, we won't be receiving these insults.

Question guys like you should ask is

What effort did Buhari make in encouraging our higher institutions in weapons development when he was military head of state.

What effort did OBJ make in seeing that Nigeria through the help of her higher institutions developed weapons that are exportable.
how many years does buhari spent as d head of military government?he spent not more than eight months but he was able to three nigeria famous refineries......mtssw sentiment in action
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by sanandreas(m): 6:36am On Dec 29, 2014
Nigeria my country invest on the youth of today. Must we beg all the time.? Other smaller African countries are doing well. The mutiny going on in the military calls for a serious concern. Overhaul the institutions and create plans that are achievable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet / "We Didn't Vote For Killings" - Tambuwal To Buhari / Lagos, Ogun Traders, Butchers Defy Afenifere, Igboho's Anti-Beef Day Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.