Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan (38436 Views)

Buhari Receiving Letter Of Credence From Pakistan, Japan & Ukraine's Ambassadors / Another SA -Nigerian Arms Deal Bust / Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by adeusolu: 9:18am On Dec 29, 2014
RAO1:

Cus of religion, APC couldn't choose the people's choice as the VP .....BRF
many youth won't vote GMB "only " bcus he's a Muslim... not that he's not a credible candidate ...not that they believe he wld loot...

Itwas not easy for Lawrence Anini
It was not easy for Oyenusi
It was not easy for Shina Rambo
Lawrence Anini did it.
Oyenusi did it.
Shina Rambo did it
Now, President Goodluck Jonathan is doing it.
Mr President keep stealing because STEALING
IS NOT CORRUPTION and thieves behind you
are more than the saints against you.
This message has been sponsored by the
Theives Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN)
you are a liar!!!! GEJ is not a thief.
BUHARI IS A MURDERER AND ADVOCATES FOR MURDER :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJSywwVWZM

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:20am On Dec 29, 2014
chukwudi44:

Hope you mind naming the top government officials that slandered Islam.Anu mpama
when the either of the devilish trio Abati/Metuh/okupe said APC is a party of Muslim brotherhood... U didn't rememberundecidedundecided..you think other nations aren't following our politics wit keen interest...

Dats wat irresponsible nations do...blame dia problem on others..
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by fixedhollies(m): 9:24am On Dec 29, 2014
The singular enemy in the world is UNITED STATE OF AMERICA!

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by universalbets(m): 9:24am On Dec 29, 2014
It seems we have gotten to the point of saying:
"The friend of my enemy is my enemy & the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Saudi Arabia is a very close ally of the USA. Covertly the USA is still trying to limit or stop arms sale to Nigeria same as what is happening to Russia in the sale of crude oil even if other nations suffer. The exclusive list chiefly provides for the oil been imported from the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

There are so many lessons to be drawn from all these. Nigeria should assume the position of military and economic blockade by western nations and apply a different strategy to resolving the BH insurgency.

What if France gets Benin, Niger, Chad and Cameroon to stop Nigerian airplanes flying over its airspace then what?

There are potent issues within the military institution, its top brass and down the chain of command over the years. This whole thing with BH only exposed the rot.

Its time to clean house.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Mynd44: 9:25am On Dec 29, 2014
stag:

As much as I'd like to see my country flourish again, I'd like to ask:
Is it the govt that should begin the production of toothpick and office pins?
Can't anyone venture into this as private business and cash in on it?
Or is there any specific law that expressly forbids the production of toothpick and office pins in the country?

Bro, expect there's very sound argument in favour, I find this very flawed.
You must have missed where I said everyone in Nigeria is crappy from leaders to followers
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Mynd44: 9:27am On Dec 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Continue with your obsession, it's your life.

Before, I quit the thread, let me put things straight.

Nobody is unfair with Muslims and by extension Islam as a religion rather the culture of intolerance and ability to accept criticism are the factors making the difference.

For example, one lunatic says Jesus is a bastard, yes this should be up for debate rather than insults and threat, reason being that the Bible confirmed he has no human father and moreover science says it's impossible.

Second example, an atheist calls prophet Mohammed (PBUH) a pedophile, yes this is partly if not entirely true and should be up for debate, reason being the record he married under ten.

Refusal to placate the culture of intolerance, impunity and hyper sensitivity to criticism do not constitute unfairness rather a challenge to adapt and defend your faith in conversation and practice as to shame your critics.

Humans are created to adapt, everyone is not expected to understand you or me

Bye
Hilarious.

A lunatic calls Christ a bastárd and yet nothing derogatory about someone who insults Islam.

Crappy Christian I tell ya
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by trillville(m): 9:28am On Dec 29, 2014
GANJAFARMER:
You must be a complete retarrd not to understand what that phrase was all about and in your rush to sound intelligent you rushed and started off by abusing your parents. I won't waste my megabyte educating iidiots like you in this forum.

Simple figure of speech you can't figure it out without an English teacher , yet you want to talk about Governance....smh, what an arrogant bastard.

i did not actually insult you, i insulted the statement "government has no business with business". i have heard this statement a million and one times and it is absolutely the most stupid lie used in bankrupting nigeria. what makes it even worse is, we all accept it as the truth without even thinking deeply about what it means.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by LRNZH(m): 9:28am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

You must have missed where I said everyone in Nigeria is crappy from leaders to followers

Mynd you make a lot of sense. Carry on bro.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by wirinet(m): 9:29am On Dec 29, 2014
This obviously has the imprints of the US. The US does does not trust president Jonathan with arms, especially with elections coming up in less than 7 weeks. They believe the arms might end up with Boko Haram or with Niger Delta militants and fuel post election violent, whoever wins. Remember Jonathan has a standing army of over 26,000 Ijaw militants being paid by Nigeria ( in the name of amnesty program, as amnesty as been redefined to mean free money), Tompolo has been acquiring arms like he is preparing to invade another country. If sophisticated weapons gets into their hands, it will spell doom not only for Nigeria but the sub region.

The government is behaving as if Boko Haram started today, and arms must be hurriedly acquired today. Elections are a few weeks ahead. I doubt the Boko Haram wars can be effectively prosecuted during the campaign period. The government should concentrate on providing security for the elections for now and then face boko haram with full force if it gains reelection.

I am sure the US will deal with Nigeria better after the elections and the government is able to address the concerns of the Americans. I have always said it that confronting the US is foolish, countries like Israel and Saudi Arabia that tow along with US interests are not stupid.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by GANJAFARMER: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

That's why GEJ must be firm in matters like this

To me, GEJ thinks everyone loves peace like him and seek the good of the nation like him
You can't stand firm on any issue when it comes to democracy where high level decisions have to be made by a lot of people through votes and all the rest. And , what if the majority of the people are working against such interest? the President would accept the majority's decision and if he uses the executive power they will frustrate him on other issues.

This is one of the reasons why the devolution of power at the center is necessary to make the number one seat unattractive thereby ushering in men with the zeal to mark their name in the sand of time and history, not fellows that wants to enrich their pockets and that of those around them.

In any new democracy of this 21st century ,with all the Western interference and the unending home trouble it is almost practically impossible to do anything tangible for yourselves without the blessings of the West or you have in principle agreed to serve as a vassal state to the imperialists powers unless your military/security importance can not be overlooked like that of South Korea and all the Tiger economies of Asia that got all the help they got from the US because they were afraid that if the entire region should fall to Communism then that signals the end of the Anglo-American empire.Because a united Asia with Russia will crush any allied world domination, after all the Middle Eastern folks never liked them.

You dig?
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by frank442: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2014
Why is everyone against. US
Ksa is scared of exploration. because they are used and substandard equipment
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by GANJAFARMER: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2014
trillville:

i did not actually insult you, i insulted the statement "government has no business with business". i have heard this statement a million and one times and it is absolutely the most stupid lie used in bankrupting nigeria. what makes it even worse is, we all accept it as the truth without even thinking deeply about what it means.
You can actually make your point very clear without having to use any kind of derogatory words in qualifying the phrase I used in my comment.

That being said - I forgive you and I recant all I have written there too against your person.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by GANJAFARMER: 9:38am On Dec 29, 2014
frank442:
Why is everyone against. US
Ksa is scared of exploration. because they are used and substandard equipment
We are not against the US ,we are just talking about their foreign policies on Nigeria and West African states compared to other regions around the world and their glaring double standard that stinks to the heavens.
Thanks
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by bigmo1(m): 9:39am On Dec 29, 2014
Nigerian govt cannot import sophisticated ammos but tompolo can import war ships without qualms. Internationally, Nigeria no get levels again. GEJ is an international embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 29, 2014
GANJAFARMER:
You can't stand firm on any issue when it comes to democracy where high level decisions have to be made by a lot of people through votes and all the rest. And , what if the majority of the people are working against such interest? the President would accept the majority's decision and if he uses the executive power they will frustrate him on other issues.

This is one of the reasons why the devolution of power at the center is necessary to make the number one seat unattractive thereby ushering in men with the zeal to mark their name in the sand of time and history, not fellows that wants to enrich their pockets and that of those around them.

In any new democracy of this 21st century ,with all the Western interference and the unending home trouble it is almost practically impossible to do anything tangible for yourselves without the blessings of the West or you have in principle agreed to serve as a vassal state to the imperialists powers unless your military/security importance can not be overlooked like that of South Korea and all the Tiger economies of Asia that got all the help they got from the US because they were afraid that if the entire region should fall to Communism then that signals the end of the Anglo-American empire.Because a united Asia with Russia will crush any allied world domination, after all the Middle Eastern folks never liked them.

You dig?

I agree with you

But

Unfortunately the North is opposing the decentralization of Nigeria.

Do you know of any way to beat these demons in flesh

I am willing to learn and teach
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Dinocarex(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2014
idumuose:

Myndd44 is shekau a christian? Is ISIS christian militants? Did shekau quote the bible to support his terrorist activities?

Reread your post and edit it incase you typed it in darkness.

My brother, can you do me a favour? Just google and read about Joseph Kony. Thanks!!
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by LRNZH(m): 9:54am On Dec 29, 2014
I propose that Tompolo be transferred from NIMASA to Ministry of Defence.

He is apparently more competent than Badeh. He will get the sophisticated weapons GEJ needs for elections to fight Boko Haram.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by jantavanta(m): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2014
chronique:
I have modified it.

Appreciated. I hope we youths will learn to stop taking sides with an imaginary U.S. versus Saudi Arabia. They are united, they are White supremacists, and we are Black People.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Killbeatz: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

And yet people asked for proof and said nothing has been said about Islam. Keep it up na.

Our food go soon done.

Enough of your lies. Is Blizzard44 (a Nairalander) now the "top government official slandering Islam" that you lied about in your post? Name the "top government officials" with proofs, and stop beating around the bush.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Ngwakwe: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2014
PDPwayoo:

This is not a joking matter. Im so worried that Nigeria is losing her traditional allies.
We have lost USA as an ally and we r losing more allies. This has never happened b4. GEJ ADMINISTRATION LACK DIPLOMATIC RELATIONSHIP. He cant get new ally and we r losing our old allies.

Country without heavy-weight allies will remain under-dog. Recently we lost South Africa too.

Have you ever read this article to brighten your chances of making good decision on who to vote as pertaining diplomatic relations

Below is the story of how Buhari kidnapped Umaru Dikko .

How The Kidnap Of Umaru Dikko Was Foiled [/size]

Background

On 31 December, 1983, the elected government of Nigeria was overthrown in a military coup by the country's army led by Major General Muhammadu Buhari. The new military government jailed several government ministers for corruption and embezzlement while in office. However, the powerful former Transport Minister, Umaru Dikko, fled to London. The military claimed that Dikko used his position as Transport Minister to enrich himself in a series of racketeering scandals. It regarded Dikko as its most wanted fugitive from justice and wanted to bring him back to Nigeria to face trial.

The Kidnap

To bring this about, they hatched a plot to kidnap him off the streets of London. Nigerian intelligence services and undercover agents (with the help of several Israelis who were alleged to be members of Israel's intelligence agency, Mossad) tracked Dikko to a house in west London. After placing the house under surveillance, the agents decided to strike on 5 July, 1984.

Moments after Dikko emerged from the house, two men burst out from a van parked outside the house. They grabbed Dikko and bundled him into the back of the van. The team inside the van included a doctor who injected Dikko to render him unconscious

Israeli Anestestist

An Israeli alleged former Mossad agent, Alexander Barak, was recruited to lead the kidnap team. It included a Nigerian intelligence officer, Maj Mohammed Yusufu, and Israeli nationals, Felix Abitbol and Dr Lev-Arie Shapiro, who was to inject Mr Dikko with an anesthetic.

The kidnappers switched vehicles in a car park by London Zoo and headed towards Stansted airport where a Nigerian Airways plane was waiting. They injected Mr Dikko and laid him, unconscious, in a crate.

The Anestestist climbed into the crate as well, carrying medical equipment to make sure Mr Dikko didn’t die en route. Barak and Abitbol got into a second crate. Both boxes were then sealed.

At the cargo terminal of Stansted Airport, 40 miles (64km) north of London, a Nigerian diplomat was anxiously waiting for the crates to arrive. Also on duty that day was a young customs officer, Charles David Morrow.

Diplomatic bag

The day had gone fairly normally until about 3pm. Then we had the handling agents come through and say that there was a cargo due to go on a Nigerian Airways 707, but the people delivering it didn’t want it manifested,” Mr Morrow said.

“I went downstairs to see who they were and what was happening. I met a guy who turned out to be a Nigerian diplomat called Mr Edet. He showed me his passport and he said it was diplomatic cargo. Being ignorant of such matters, I asked him what it was, and he told me it was just documents and things.”

A missing persons bulletin alerted customs officials to the kidnapping.

No-one on duty at Stansted had dealt with a diplomatic bag before and Mr Morrow went to check the procedure.

Just then a colleague returned from the passenger terminal with some startling news. There was an All Ports Bulletin from Scotland Yard saying that a Nigerian had been kidnapped and it was suspected he would be smuggled out of the country.

The police had been alerted by Mr Dikko’s secretary who had witnessed his abduction from a window in the house.

Hearing the news, Mr Morrow realised he had a problem on his hands.

“I just put two and two together. The classic customs approach is not to look for the goods, you look for the space,” he said.

“So I am looking out of the window and I can see the space which is these two crates, clearly big enough to get a man inside. We’ve got a Nigerian Airways 707, which we don’t normally see. They don’t want the crates manifested, so there would be no record of them having gone through. And there was very little other cargo going on board the aircraft.

“If you want to hide a tree, you hide it in the forest. You don’t stick it out in the middle of Essex.”

By the book

But any cargo designated as a diplomatic bag is protected by the Vienna Convention from being opened by customs officers. So Mr Morrow got on the phone to the British Foreign Office.

“To qualify as a ‘diplomatic bag’ they clearly had to be marked with the words ‘Diplomatic Bag’ and they had to be accompanied by an accredited courier with the appropriate documentation. It was fair to say they had a Nigerian diplomat – I’d seen his passport – but they didn’t have the right paperwork and they weren’t marked ‘Diplomatic Bag’,” he said.

The decision was taken that the crates could be opened – but it would be done by the book. That required the presence of a Nigerian diplomat, but as Mr Morrow pointed out, one was already on hand. By now, the crates were up on special trolleys ready to be loaded on to the plane.

“Peter, the cargo manager, hit the lid on the bottom and lifted it. And as he lifted it, the Nigerian diplomat, who was standing next to me, took off like a startled rabbit across the tarmac, ”‎​​​​grin grin Mr Morrow said.

“You have to remember we are on an airfield which is square miles of nothing. He ran about five yards (4.5m), realised no-one was chasing him and then stopped.‎​​​​grin grin

“Peter looked into the crate and said: ‘There’s bodies inside!’

He parked a forklift truck so its tines lay across the top of the crate so it couldn’t be opened. Mr Morrow dialled the emergency number 999.

“My name’s Morrow, from Customs at Stansted. We’ve got some bodies in a crate. Do you think you can send someone over,” he recalls saying.

“They said: ‘Alive or Dead?’

“I said: ‘That’s a very good point. I don’t know.’

“They said: ‘We’ll send an ambulance as well.’”

After half an hour, police started to arrive, and they opened the second crate. Inside they found an unconscious Mr Dikko, and a very much awake Israeli anaesthetist. Mr Dikko was lying on his back in the corner of the crate.

“He had no shirt on, he had a heart monitor on him, and he had a tube in his throat to keep his airway open. No shoes and socks and handcuffs around his ankles.
The Israeli anaesthetist was in there, clearly to keep him alive,” recalls Mr Morrow.

The kidnappers in the other crate were unrepentant. They said Mr Dikko was the biggest crook in the world.

Seventeen men were arrested;[6] four were convicted and sentenced to prison terms of 10 to 14 years: Shapiro, Barak, Abithol, and Yusufu. All four were released after serving between six and eight and a half years, and were quietly deported. In retaliation, two British engineers in Nigeria were arrested and given fourteen-year prison sentences.

Repercussions

The Nigerian and Israeli governments never admitted any connection to the incident. Nonetheless, the British government immediately expelled two members of the Nigerian High Commission in London, including the High Commissioner. Diplomatic relations with Nigeria were broken off for two years. The CEO of Nigeria Airways was at one point almost arrested by British police. In the aftermath of the affair, Nigeria filed a formal extradition request for Dikko, but it was refused. The Nigerian governments war against the previous government's corruption was also weakened, as the British governments also rejected Nigerian requests to extradite other politicians wanted in Nigeria on corruption charges and living in exile in Britain.

Dikko was eventually asked to return to Nigeria. He accepted the invitation and set up a political party.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dikko_Affair

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/how-the-kidnap-of-umaru-dikko-from-london-was-foiled/

http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/mobile/151907/1/the-kidnap-of-umaru-dikko-1984.html

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

If Northern and Western elites who ruled Nigeria had involved our higher institutions in weapons development ( Design , Fabrication and Testing ) as DICON mass produces, we won't be receiving these insults.

Question guys like you should ask is

What effort did Buhari make in encouraging our higher institutions in weapons development when he was military head of state.

What effort did OBJ make in seeing that Nigeria through the help of her higher institutions developed weapons that are exportable.

I hardly get involved in this sort of argument but when i see someone that needs to be schooled about Nigeria History, trust me, i wouldn't hesitate for a second to do so. I just can't stand it when anybody from any part of the country(Easterners are the only one bringing this into every national issues) wants to rubbish our collective history, failures and achievements..............

Please read with objectivity,impartiality and of course with an open mind

Historically, Igbos(Easterners) have always been an active members of every military/civilian government/administrations since the first republic and the subsequent military administrations. Nnamdi Azikwe was a resident while Tafawa Balewa was a prime minister while Yoruba politicians are only active the regional level. Nnamdi Azikwe party formed alliance with Hausa/Fulani party when the latter was unable to win a majority both and nobody screamed blue murder................

In 1963, the coup that killed a whole lot of Northern and western top military officers and politicians was led by Easterners(Igbos) and no single soul from the East either in military or politics lost his life despite the fact that there was an existing alliance between Igbo party and Hausa/Fulani party; both parties formed that tagged corrupt government(according to Nzeogwu but only Hausa/Fulanis were corrupt in that government with their ally(Akintola) in the west). I presume you can feel the pains of the Northerners and some Westerners.......

Who subsquently became an acting Prime minister when Tafawa Balewa went missing? Nwafo Orizu(Igbo) became an acting Prime minister and subsquently handed over power to Major-General JTU Aguiyi-Ironsi (Igbo), the GOC of the Nigerian Army.

Aguiyi Ironsi(Igbo) became a president and single-handedly destroyed our flourishing regional governments in his quest to have control over all the regional governments. Read this Bro, Aguiyi Ironsi refused to killed or failed to put the coup plotters (Igbos) on a trial as was advised by Northerners' politicians and ended up transfering all these coup plotters to the Eastern prison. Can you imagine Igbos being subjected to this kind of treatment ina ny government? Igbos would definitely screamed blue murder.

Against all advice, Ironsi promulgated Decree Number 34 of 1966, which abrogated the federal system of government and substituted a unitary system. He didn't stopped there, Aguiyi Ironsi went ahead and appointed Igbos to every sensitive governmental positions. The same thing is repeating itself in 2014 again and i am wondering what Igbos would say/do in this century if an Hausa man become a president either in 2015/2019 when everybody has now witnessed their behaviour under Jonathan administration...............

Northerners started their own madness in 1966 i presumed (The Killing of innocent Igbos on the street of Northern Nigeria) which was barbaric but the subsequent coup which equally led to the death of loads of military officers from Eastern part of the country was good and justified to me though cos what goes around, comes around; And to every actions, there must/would be a reaction.

However, Northerners military took over power from where Aguiyi Ironsi left it-Unitary system of government led by Igbo and life has never been the same ever since again.

Second republic came in to place in 1979 and westerners weren't active in this administration cos south west party(AG) which was led by chief Obafemi Awolowo narrowly lost the election to Shagari led party. And again, second alliance came between Igbo party and Hausa/Fulanis party...............Westerners remained active in the west throughout this administration.

Military took over power again and straight back to where we were after d first republic until Obasanjo(Yoruba) was forced on us by Northern military cabals in 1999. Howerver, Yorubas waited for Obasanjo at the polls and did what was necessary at that point it time; Obansanjo was completely rejected by south westerners through their votes but managed to get Easterners and Northerners votes.

And before i go, Igbos-from Soludo, ezekweseli, Ngozi Iwela, Okadigbos, Adolp Wabara, Nnamani, Ekwerem, Thomas Aguiyi Ironsi, joy ogwu, Iyorcia Iyu, chukwuemeka chikelu, Frank Nweke, Lesley obiora, Okereke-Stock Xchange, DG Nafdac-Dora Akunyili dominated his administration and in Eastern quest to tagged that government a failed government, they failed to realise that it was their brothers and sisters in this goverment that failed cos Obasanjo wouldn't have able to single-handedly taken decisions while people like Nnamani, Okadigbo and Wabara are in Senate...........

And finally, can you now tell me who dominated this existing failed government? Igbos i presumed and d only active member of this administration is Akinwumi who is from Western part of the country and Stellah Oduah(Having seen what she did compare to no attempt in the past, she tried;my own opinion though and d corruption issue is a topic for another day)

South westerns will never support their own son who has been found guilty on corruption charges- Bankole, Bode George could only get things done politically in PDP but let them come to main Yoruba political sphere and see how they would be treated..................

Peace out
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Mynd44: 10:04am On Dec 29, 2014
Killbeatz:

Enough of your lies. Is Blizzard44 (a Nairalander) now the "top government official slandering Islam" that you lied about in your post? Name the "top government officials" with proofs, and stop beating around the bush.
When Abati, Bastárd Okupe and Maku called APC the Muslim Brotherhood and were supporting terrorism you were sleeping abi?
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Mynd44: 10:06am On Dec 29, 2014
Dinocarex:

My brother, can you do me a favour? Just google and read about Joseph Kony. Thanks!!
You have time I swear
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by charming247(m): 10:07am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

And why does the US not trust Nigeria enough to sell arms to us?

Have you thought about that lately?
We don't know please can u tell us why?.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 29, 2014
cjrane:
[size=15pt]I completely believe this story is untrue and designed to leak Nigeria's source of arms procurement for it's military.

However, "If" Saudis refuse access over their airspace, they can always break the trip.

Fly from Pakistan to Dubai.
Then from Dubai, fly over the Indian ocean to avoid Saudi Arabia and then land at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Then from Addis Ababa to Abuja, Nigeria.

[/size]

Then quietly deny Saudi Arabian airlines landing rights in Nigeria.

.Don't say i told you so... grin

Our rulers no get sense
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:11am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

We import toothpick and office pins in this country sef.

Evem Britain imports those things.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by GANJAFARMER: 10:13am On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

I agree with you

But

Unfortunately the North is opposing the decentralization of Nigeria.

Do you know of any way to beat these demons in flesh

I am willing to learn and teach
That's a herculean task if you ask me.But there is some hope.

The North isn't buying the idea of decentralizing the center because of the oil in the Niger Delta though one would have argued that certain elements equally enjoys from the current system except for the Niger Delta people itself that their environment that is suffering the whole pillaging.

Here is the sad news for the Northern oligarchs , Boko Haram in the North has already exposed the weakness of the Northern oligarchs and their perceived phantom authority over the Northern geopolitical landscape by mere whipping up religious sentiment alone.They now have boko haram which is made up of Islamic fanatics with a large portion of the poor, the downtrodden subscribing to them and the Oligarch.A two system in one community is already emerging with no end in sight.

Another news here is the effort of the middle belt states in trying to wean themselves off from the North's stranglehold thereby destroying the idea of the much feared one North which now appears to be more of a superficial North.

And the last sad news is the economic threat that could emanate from MEND and all the sister armed criminal gangs that operates in the Niger Delta undisturbed.

Once the oil revenue starts to dwindle and cash flow from the oil fields of the Niger Delta enters another dangerous dimension and Boko Haram is persistent in the North ,the Govt. must act either by calling for a sovereign national conference to save the day and avoid a full blown civil war on too many fronts and the North in other not to lose all their credibility,territory,free oil money ,freedom/control over their people and respect from other regions would welcome the conference after all you can't have a fight in your home and in your farm all at once with a superficial North(the middle belt would always want to be seen as independent from the North),some compromises must be made and this where Nigeria would either break up or remain as one single entity.But by the time we would get to this level most of these criminal gangs in the Niger Delta and the North would have become so powerful for any govt to bend easily without concession.

Nigeria is riding on the waves of doom and unless we act now and act decisively and not with all that political, ethnic and religious coloration we often run with,we are really doomed.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by tos4u(m): 10:19am On Dec 29, 2014
I enjoy ur swagga like die
even if world war 3 go start from there make it start, at least we dey battle boko haram already
cjrane:
[size=15pt]I completely believe this story is untrue and designed to leak Nigeria's source of arms procurement for it's military.

However, "If" Saudis refuse access over their airspace, they can always break the trip.

Fly from Pakistan to Dubai.
Then from Dubai, fly over the Indian ocean to avoid Saudi Arabia and then land at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Then from Addis Ababa to Abuja, Nigeria.

[/size]

Then quietly deny Saudi Arabian airlines landing rights in Nigeria.

.Don't say i told you so... grin
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by nairaman66(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

I know manufacturing companies that set plants in neighboring countries and import those items because the cost of doing business is too high as a result of electricity

Hell yeah!, I am afraid you already agree with my assertions. Thanks
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 29, 2014
GANJAFARMER:
That's a herculean task if you ask me.But there is some hope.

The North isn't buying the idea of decentralizing the center because of the oil in the Niger Delta though one would have argued that certain elements equally enjoys from the current system except for the Niger Delta people itself that their environment that is suffering the whole pillaging.

Here is the sad news for the Northern oligarchs , Boko Haram in the North has already exposed the weakness of the Northern oligarchs and their perceived phantom authority over the Northern geopolitical landscape by mere whipping up religious sentiment alone.They now have boko haram which is made up of Islamic fanatics with a large portion of the poor, the downtrodden subscribing to them and the Oligarch.A two system in one community is already emerging with no end in sight.

Another news here is the effort of the middle belt states in trying to wean themselves off from the North's stranglehold thereby destroying the idea of the much feared one North which now appears to be more of a superficial North.

And the last sad news is the economic threat that could emanate from MEND and all the sister armed criminal gangs that operates in the Niger Delta undisturbed.

Once the oil revenue starts to dwindle and cash flow from the oil fields of the Niger Delta enters another dangerous dimension and Boko Haram is persistent in the North ,the Govt. must act either by calling for a sovereign national conference to save the day and avoid a full blown civil war on too many fronts and the North in other not to lose all their credibility,territory,free oil money ,freedom/control over their people and respect from other regions would welcome the conference after all you can't have a fight in your home and in your farm all at once with a superficial North(the middle belt would always want to be seen as independent from the North),some compromises must be made and this where Nigeria would either break up or remain as one single entity.But by the time we would get to this level most of these criminal gangs in the Niger Delta and the North would have become so powerful for any govt to bend easily without concession.

Nigeria is riding on the waves of doom and unless we act now and act decisively and not with all that political, ethnic and religious coloration we often run with,we are really doomed.

In essence

Time ,a depleting oil wealth and regional armed groups will force Arewa elites to embrace true federalism
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by streetzdreamz(m): 10:25am On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

OBJ you praised , tell us his contribution in encouraging our higher institutions in weapons development.?

OBJ an ex-military man spent 8yrs and Nigeria is still importing weapons.
man,obj is no saint n his administation wasn't 100percent efficient same way no machine or human is,I likened obj's tenure to gejs cuz they are the only two democratic president that concluded their tenure and things weren't dis bad den!!so dia was peace during obj's tenure cuz he was a millitary man but gej's own was dis bad cuz he is a civilian huh?truth b told the president of a country needs nt just d power his office wields but balls and a will to serve his people.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by valHarrison: 10:38am On Dec 29, 2014
This all go down that all this foreign allies re Co sponsors of Boko haram, 1, y would America halt their sales of arm tof us, because they want Nigeria to divide in 2015 so their prophecy will become reality, 2, y did Saudi refused to grant us air space, because they believe we re using it to fight against Islam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun / Saraki Vs CCT: We Can’t Overlook A Lot Of Things -Tinubu / Obasanjo Takes Anti-buhari Campaign Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.