Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,199 members, 7,953,740 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:12 AM

Golden Globe 2008 Nominees - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Golden Globe 2008 Nominees (5360 Views)

The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees / Winners Of The 2011 Golden Globe Awards / Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2008
Yes as an actor he's great. Magnolia was when i started enjoying his acting more. As a person. . .i no really send undecided
LOL spike. . .people still like him.

Caro, you know the bi-weekly thing plus a dose of the usual undecided It just got out of control undecided
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by vescucci(m): 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2008
Hehe, your mind isn't the only thing that's weird, cara.

@Spike, I actually found his conduct in Oprah's show quite endearing. If anything, that made me like him more. I wish one day I could fall in love enough to do silly things like that. I have my misty-eyed wispy face on now. He's still a good actor. I don't know. I just don't get great vibes from him. Maybe it's cuz he's short. undecided

I'm hardly tall myself tongue
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by MadMax1(f): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2008
Spiked, did my eyes deceive me,or did you just say you first saw Tom Cruise in Vanilla Sky?
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by spikedcylinder: 1:58pm On Dec 16, 2008
iice:

Yes as an actor he's great. Magnolia was when i started enjoying his acting more. As a person. . .i no really send undecided
LOL spike. . .people still like him.

Caro, you know the bi-weekly thing plus a dose of the usual undecided It just got out of control undecided

It seems almost sinful and uncool these days to say you are a fan Tom Cruise. You are expected to immediately start jumping on the nearest couch. grin tongue Me I like him sha, and his smile is lovely! I think he has a genuine, heart warming smile almost comparable to Janet Jackson's. tongue (Oh, I just read down the thread and I discovered Max agrees with me).
[size=5pt]Who is Caro[/size]?

vescucci:

@Spike, I actually found his conduct in Oprah's show quite endearing. If anything, that made me like him more. I wish one day I could fall in love enough to do silly things like that. I have my misty-eyed wispy face on now. He's still a good actor. I don't know. I just don't get great vibes from him. Maybe it's because he's short. undecided

Oh well.
He's 5'7 but I'm sure there are tons of other actors there shorter than him (hint Elijah Wood). I guess people started talking about his height when he was married to that tree- Nicole Kidman (that statement was dedicated to you iicetongue).

Mad_Max:

Spiked, did my eyes deceive me,or did you just say you first saw Tom Cruise in Vanilla Sky?

Your eyes just deceived you. tongue I said I started to get interested in him when I saw him in Vanilla Sky, not that it was the first film I saw him in. When Top Gun and Jerry Maguire are there. tongue
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by vescucci(m): 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2008
I think your eyes decieved you, Maxie. She didn't say any such thing. Fuhgeddabout Caro or cara. cool
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2008
spikedcylinder:

It seems almost sinful and uncool these days to say you are a fan Tom Cruise. You are expected to immediately start jumping on the nearest couch. grin tongue Me I like him sha, and his smile is lovely! I think he has a genuine, heart warming smile almost comparable to Janet Jackson's. tongue (Oh, I just read down the thread and I discovered Max agrees with me).
[size=5pt]Who is Caro[/size]?

Spike rofl. Yeah i expect that is what people would expect of a Cruise Fan tongue My bro likes him.
Janet has a sweet smile na tongue

spikedcylinder:

Oh well.
He's 5'7 but I'm sure there are tons of other actors there shorter than him (hint Elijah Wood). I guess people started talking about his height when he was married to that tree- Nicole Kidman (that statement was dedicated to you iicetongue).

kiss kiss grin grin

caro, cara who? tongue
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by spikedcylinder: 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2008
Oh I see. . . .Caro(a), which is it sef? angry

tongue

Tom's smile is just as sweet as Janet's, bite me. angry
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by bettes(f): 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2008
I used to be a Tom cruise fan,stopped being after MI 3,Janet has a plastic smile(thanks to too much plastic surgery).

I hope Sally Fields win for her role in brothers and sisters
Loved Heath Ledger in TDN.
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by MadMax1(f): 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2008
Ohhhh
Okay.
You scared me for a moment there.
That tree?
Spiked you are so eeevil!!!
My sides o. grin
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Oh I see. . . .Caro(a), which is it sef? angry

tongue

Tom's smile is just as sweet as Janet's, bite me. angry

grin grin so long as he doesn't over do the smiling - it turns out too forced tongue grin
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by spikedcylinder: 2:41pm On Dec 16, 2008
bettes:

I used to be a Tom cruise fan,stopped being after MI 3,Janet has a plastic smile(thanks to too much plastic surgery).

Loved Heath Ledger in TDN.

Awww. . .  .Janet always had a lovely smile, before and after the surgery. Even Micheal, until he became the white woman he is today.
I think Tom does better in his drama/thriller roles, sci-fi jumping around (or any other jumping for that matter) is just not him.

Mad_Max:

Ohhhh
Okay.
You scared me for a moment there.
That tree?
Spiked you are so eeevil!!!
My sides o. grin

Lol! It wasn't me, iice had a gun to my head and forced me to say that. And we both know how possible that is, seeing how much she loves Nicole. grin tongue
Wait a min, you thought he was once married to an actual tree? grin grin grin He's not that weird. . . . .yet. tongue

iice:

grin grin so long as he doesn't over do the smiling - it turns out too forced tongue grin

See, I think you secretly have a crush on him. Its ok dear, you can come on out. tongue
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by vescucci(m): 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2008
Let's free Cruise. Let's talk about something else. All this talk of smiles and all is making me queasy.
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Lol! It wasn't me, iice had a gun to my head and forced me to say that. And we both know how possible that is, seeing how much she loves Nicole. grin tongue
Wait a min, you thought he was once married to an actual tree? grin grin grin He's not that weird. . . . .yet. tongue

See, I think you secretly have a crush on him. Its ok dear, you can come on out. tongue

rofl grin grin
Yeah me and nicole are tight - ewww grin

The only time i would have had a crush on him was in collateral. iice likes baddies kiss kiss

Ok back to the movies before karma con curse us finish grin grin
I have rachel whatever (anne hathaway) and In Bruges but am yet to watch them. Maybe this week undecided
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by SisiJinx: 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2008
TCCBB looks good, very, very good but I can’t help but think Pitt’s nomination for it is gba jen simi nomination coz he was overlooked for Babel and AOJJ.  It is easy to dismiss his performance in TCCBB by saying it’s all in the graphics. I wish he was also nominated for Burn After Reading…supporting actor. Now THAT was some fine acting. . . soooo unlike any of his other popular characters – Rusty Ryan (my husband) and Tyler Durden (the guy I will cheat on Rusty with. . . Just once a year ooh coz too much Tyler is bad for the soul, besides that’s probably how long a relationship with him lasts)

Anyway. . . Yeah if whatshispsychoface can get nominated for showing his face for 30 secs in Tropic Thunder then Pitt deserved one for BAR. On the other hand, seeing as Heath Ledger is winning that category. . . I guess it’s okay.

Actress – It goes without saying that I want Jolie to win but they’ll prolly give it to Merly Streep or Anne Hathaway. The former coz she’s old and they think the curtains are slowly coming down for her and the latter. . . well who doesn’t love a good comeback story? After the crap with her criminal boyfriend, watch them try to “there there” her by giving her the Globe.

I can’t believe Clint Eastwood was not nominated for Director! First nominating whatshiscuckoohead then this. . . Yep the people are losing!

For TV, I really don’t care who wins.
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by bettes(f): 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Awww. . .  .Janet always had a lovely smile, before and after the surgery. Even Micheal, until he became the white woman he is today.

[color=#006600][/color]
Janet's face now has a permanent smile on it cos of her plastic surgeries and it's made it difficult for her to act roles that's she's in grief.
I saw her in a Tyler Perry movie 'why did we get married' she looked as if she was smiling throughout the movie,there was a scene that she cried and it looked like she was crying and smiling at the same time.
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by SisiJinx: 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2008
You guys should check this out, its hilarious.   

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=16071

Lmao! Spike you are a fan of wwtd? Isn't he the FUNNIEST?!! I won't lie, I started loving him because his posts on Aniston are always MEAN and on the money! I know, I know I'm going to hell and I don't care, jare. Anyone who calls that woman on her crap is aces in my book. grin

vescucci:

Hehe, your mind isn't the only thing that's weird, cara.

@Spike, I actually found his conduct in Oprah's show quite endearing. If anything, that made me like him more. I wish one day I could fall in love enough to do silly things like that. I have my misty-eyed wispy face on now. He's still a good actor. I don't know. I just don't get great vibes from him. Maybe it's because he's short. undecided

Yeah, I also got misty eyed watching him jump the couch. I thought "Oh man! I have the worst luck!! Of all days not to be in that audience, packing a gun!!!

How was your 2 weeks sabbatical? Missed you loads, I did.

@ iice
True Blood? True Blood??! Seriously. . . ? I mean. . . really??!!!!!!  Okay now, I guess I spoke too soon when I told my brother he is probably the ONLY True Blood Fan out there. lipsrsealed
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by vescucci(m): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2008
@Bettes, that was really funny.

@Sisi. Baa gasuwa ne? Which galaxy did you go to?
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by SisiJinx: 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2008
Ya hakuri, ina gasuwa. . . Ina gasewa! grin

Wanne Galaxy? Okay, ka san wuri cold, cough and fever, to anan galaxy na yake. Hehehehe
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2008
By the way, I was thinking the same thing with y'all. I was complaining that activity this year has been pretty boring except for a few movies but now I think the best movies might be the ones being saved for last. I got work to do.

Always keep this in mind

The WORTHY movies come out late Fall/Winter. Most of them Oscar bait.

That's the time I usually shell out money for the theatres. Prestige, There Will Be Blood, No Country, Pan's Labrinyth etc all came out in the fall/winter.

summer is mostly for mindless popcorn flicks.

iice, true Blood can get his when Dexter/Michael C Hall FINALLY gets the well deserved award  tongue
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by vescucci(m): 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2008
Aww, sorry dearie. Everybody seems to be catching something or the other nowadays. Wish you'd bounce back to the Sisikill I fell for.
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by vescucci(m): 3:59pm On Dec 16, 2008
Why, Karma, ain't you one smart chic! I'll indeed keep that in mind
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 4:11pm On Dec 16, 2008

I REBUKE YOU. That award is going to January Jones angrytongue

Ok back to the movies before karma con curse us finish Grin Grin

You know me so well grin
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2008
After the crap with her criminal boyfriend, watch them try to “there there” her by giving her the Globe

I bloody hope not angry
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by spikedcylinder: 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Lmao! Spike you are a fan of wwtd? Isn't he the FUNNIEST?!! I won't lie, I started loving him because his posts on Aniston are always MEAN and on the money! I know, I know I'm going to hell and I don't care, jare. Anyone who calls that woman on her crap is aces in my book. grin

LOL! I am a fan o, the dude is mean!!!! I read him every day. He's a racist tho. angry Unless of course, thats all part of his mean wit. cheesy

Where have you been sef? angry
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by Tgirl4real(f): 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2008
Spiked, u are not alone

i love Tom cruise too tongue
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2008
Sisi grin grin No, am a big fan of True Blood. It's a thing with me undecided tongue Nevermind that i have the hots for Eric kiss kiss
Vesc knows what that means grin grin

Good to see am not the only mindless Aniston non-fan. grin grin
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2008
what's wwtd undecided
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by vescucci(m): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2008
There are probably more Aniston haters than you think.

You know how fish can't survive out of water.  Jen Aniston. Friends. Dead Career. No More. Equals.

Connect the dots. grin
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2008
She's such an agbaya. Seriously what is the recent GQ cover about?

Idiot.

I keep hearing Jolie is pregnant again. She's sincerely beginning to scare me. Catholics sef dont go down that road anymore.
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2008
rofl. I don't think she's pregnant. . .i hope not!

Vesc, Aniston needs some publicity for her Marley & Me movie. How she go do na? She hasn't had a hit on her own for all her 'promising' movie career rofl. People haven't learned from Caruso's experience undecided
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by vescucci(m): 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2008
I used to like her, y'know. She should just give up and find another series or Straight to DVD movies. She was never anything to reckon with. As for Jolie, I heard a rumour she was knocked up with triplets. Probably isn't true
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by spikedcylinder: 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2008
KarmaMod:

what's wwtd  undecided

Wwtd stands for What Would Tyler Durdem Do. The guy is basically a celeb blogger and he passes the meanest comments. I posted a link on what he thought about the Golden Globe nominations on this thread, thats how sisi knew I visit the site:

You guys should check this out, its hilarious.    

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=16071

See, when the divorce thing first started with Aniston, I really pitied her and thought she should keep her head up and move on. That was almost 4 years ago. She should frigging get over it. Even Balthazar Getty's wife has moved the hell on! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? / Nollywood Now Practise Sex Scene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.