Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica (26096 Views)

Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems / Buhari Could Not Fill His Presidency Form . PHOTO / Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ShowYourCertificate: 10:18am On Jan 03, 2015
teeowl:
One of the major problems in Nigeria is corruption. What we need is somebody that would go after the looters of Government resources... not somebody that says that common stealing is not corruption!
How sure are you that Buhari will go after the looters? Did you read APC's statement that "Buhari will not probe past leaders"? If you haven't, I suggest you click on this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/2067277/buhari-not-probe-past-leaders#29318308

So if you expect APC to probe all those who have looted our resources, you are on a long thing.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ceaser: 1:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
AcidosisMega:

This actually reeks of lies or at best western propaganda.

Shagari's government was full of corrupt officials second only to GEJ's in the history of Nigeria. While shagari himself was not the head of thr corrupt cabal, he however looks away and refuses to do the needful to stem the tide - do we have something similar in our hands in 2014? Maybe.

Buhari was installed by the military following a sucessful coup. He at once went to work:
- Arrested and jailed all known corrupt officials, alas tge innocent were also affected.
- Major clampdown on hard drug barons and marketers one of which was IBB who has his cartel. This lead to speculations that GMB was planning to retire IBB for bringing this slight on the military. Tgis was to provide the loophole for the west to explore in convincing IBB to topple Buhari and tgen all the progresses and successes made were immediately destroyed with IBB's ascension into power.
- Buhari made it a point of duty to pay up all our foreign debts so as to at least reduce some of our dependwnce on the neocolonialists. He was pressured by the international community TO BORROW, even when it's obvious we can fare well without borrowing. It was part of his decision to reduce borrowing that made him to halt Lagos speedrail under construction then as the project was being funded with foreign load. This is touted as one of his 'crimes' against the soith west.

Because of his refusal to borrow but instead paying of our debts, embargo was placed on Nigerua by the World Trade Organisation (WTO) meaning that bilateral and multilateral trade with other nations was difficult. However Buhari still deviced a way around it by engaging in trade by barter with willing nations. In this case he traded oil with other nations to give Nigeria what we need from them.

During his then tenure of TWO YEARS, he constructed the three oil refineries we currently have in Nigeria and constructed thousand kilometers of pipelines to convey crude and refined products.

He equally constructed roads. As a matter of fact, the total kilometers of roads he constructed during the two years is multiples of that constructed in Nigeria within the past 15 years (2009-2015).

He instituted the much popular War Against Indiscipline (WAI) which brought erring nigerians into line and wvryone will have to queue to be attended to on first come first served basis. Even in banks people started becoming orderly. Refuse and trash were disposed of properly.

Buhari and his deputy (Tunde Idiagbon of Ilorin) are both muslims. However no such thing as islamization of nigeria was in their agenda. It was actually the regime of IBB that brought Nigeria into the folds of the Organisation Of Islamic Countries (OIC) which began an era of religious extremism in the country. Before then and as a polytheist nation, Nigerians had always lived in harmony.

Buharivwas touted as disciplinarian to the point that at that time he was sponsored by the FG for ouside training, he returned the remains of his stipend (change) to the coffers of the FG upon his arrival. This was the reason he recommended the late Prof. Akunyili to OBJ for the post of NAFDAC DG, a role which she equally played well. She herself while working under Buhari in PTF had returned the money remaining from her foreign trip for treatment same way Buhari had done years earlier. So in effect, Buhari recommended her based on performance and without allowing ethnic sentiment to get in his way. Pls remember that Buhari DISCOVERED AND RECOMMENDED her for her EXCEPTIONAL, HONESTY and PERFORMANCE. And she did not fail us or her people.

All through his tenure, the naira was stable against the dollar as we had less financial dependence on foreign finances. As a matter of faxt the dollar exchanged for two naira as at then and Nigerians were able to spend Naira outside the shores of Nigeria (just as the dollar is done today). Now isn't that wonderful?

Please note that during Buhari's regime,tge country's financial reports were always read to the public on a monthly basis on national TV. The amount realised and the amoint spent in the past month will be read out for all to see. It was a best a transparent regime.

Then came the coup toppling Buhari which was believed to be masterminded by the west using IBB. With IBB's ascension, the naira was devalued as requested by the west (something which Buhari did not agree to). Corruption became an order of the day. Things went back to worse.

Abiola would have been another individual to stabilize our funances as Buhari did, but the west knowing this again used IBB to dash the "1993 hope agenda" of Nigerians.

Fast forward to 1997 under Abacha's regime. As PTF coordinator, annual financial reports of the PTF were always released for public scrutiny. Buhari refused to be paid for his work in the PTF cos according to him, he was already being paid his pension and it will be unfair for him to be collecting money twice from the same sources. Whao!

We all came to being at differnt periods in the history of this country. I hope this will serve an eye opener to the newer enfranchised generation on the need for hem to resist moves made at distorting history. Make an informed choice. You have had full first hand experience of the incumbent in the past 9 years he has been in governance (deputy governor to president). So i may not need to tell any history on that. However I can only give history on that wgich you were not part of. This will, once again, help you to make an informed choice and take your own future in your hands.

Good luck in your choosing.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Hermannrich: 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
does it means there is no other candidate in apc that comes from the north?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
I was not talking about past looters, I am referring to current looters. I am talking about a situation where Government officials would be scared to loot (and steal) government resources.

We need somebody to plug the leaking bucket... not go after the water that has already poured away.

NairalandOP:
How sure are you that Buhari will go after the looters? Did you read APC's statement that "Buhari will not probe past leaders"? If you haven't, I suggest you click on this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/2067277/buhari-not-probe-past-leaders#29318308

So if you expect APC to probe all those who have looted our resources, you are on a long thing.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ShowYourCertificate: 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
teeowl:
I was not talking about past looters, I am referring to current looters. I am talking about a situation where Government officials would be scared to loot (and steal) government resources.

We need somebody to plug the leaking bucket... not go after the water that has already poured away.

Did you read the thread? I bet you didn't. What that thread implies is that if Jonathan decides to squander our external reserves after losing the February elections, he won't be probed or prosecuted.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
He would be probed because it is recent. It is good you know that Jonathan is stealing (after all stealing is not corruption).

NairalandOP:
Did you read the thread? I bet you didn't. What that thread implies is that if Jonathan decides to squander our external reserves after losing the February elections, he won't be probed or prosecuted.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ShowYourCertificate: 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
teeowl:
He would be probed because it is recent. It is good you know that Jonathan is stealing (after all stealing is not corruption).

Bros what he said was that immediately Buhari wins, everyone who used to steal should stop if he wants to go scot free. However if you decide to continue stealing after Buhari assumes power then you're in for it. So in effect they are declaring amnesty for all atrocities committed pre-Buhari regime.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
and Jonathan is going after the looters and people that steal Govt money wink After all according to GEJ stealing is not corruption. cheesy

NairalandOP:
Bros what he said was that immediately Buhari wins, everyone who used to steal should stop if he wants to go scot free. However if you decide to continue stealing after Buhari assumes power then you're in for it. So in effect they are declaring amnesty for all atrocities committed pre-Buhari regime.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ShowYourCertificate: 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
teeowl:
and Jonathan is going after the looters and people that steal Govt money wink After all according to GEJ stealing is not corruption. cheesy

You're not responding to my posts accordingly. My post was about Buhari's inability in the anticorruption campaign, not about Jonathan's.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
grin cheesy smiley really... well nobody is perfect, but a man that has made up his mind to fight corruption is better than a man that says stealing is not corruption. Then later the same man comes on national TV and tells us after 6 years (of allowing people to loot) that he is preparing a plan to tackle corruption... really? smh.

I am not voting for Buhari, I am voting for change. And guess what? There are so many Nigerians that are unimpressed with Jonathan's performance and are just voting for change and NOT Buhari. I am a Christian, Yoruba and a Civilian... I have nothing in common with Buhari, this is just a case of being tired of a clueless and weak president!

I voted for Jonathan in 2011, I would not make the same mistake again. And guess what? There are so many people like me...

NairalandOP:
You're not responding to my posts accordingly. My post was about Buhari's inability in the anticorruption campaign, not about Jonathan's.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ShowYourCertificate: 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
teeowl:
grin cheesy smiley really... well nobody is perfect, but a man that has made up his mind to fight corruption is better than a man that says stealing is not corruption. Then later the same man comes on national TV and tells us after 6 years (of allowing people to loot) that he is preparing a plan to tackle corruption... really? smh.

I am not voting for Buhari, I am voting for change. And guess what? There are so many Nigerians that are unimpressed with Jonathan's performance and are just voting for change and NOT Buhari. I am a Christian, Yoruba and a Civilian... I have nothing in common with Buhari, this is just a case of being tired of a clueless and weak president!

I voted for Jonathan in 2011, I would not make the same mistake again. And guess what? There are so many people like me...

There are also many people like who voted for Buhari in 2011 who are reverting to Jonathan. It goes both ways.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 04, 2015
come on... cheesy grin do you really believe that? lol... now I begin to realize that you are being paid to defend Jonathan and condemn Buhari... cheesy grin really? There are actually people that voted Buhari in 2011 and would vote Jonathan this year even after 4 years of clueless and weak governance? Really?

Okay if we assume that there are people like that then then number of people (I mean normal people and not folks decamping from APC to PDP and PDP to APC individuals) changing towards Buhari is more than those changing to Jonathan... cheesy

really?... grin you actually believe that normal voters (i mean non-registered members of political parties or politicians) that voted for Buhari are changing to Jonathan.... cheesy

And I say this NOT because we all of a sudden like that Abo.ki retired military general ---> far from it! It is because of the unnecessary mistakes that Jonathan has made (e.g. stealing is not corruption) that is pushing people like me to the other option which is Buhari.

When I voted Jonathan, I was not hoping he would mess up like this... Jonathan is Southern Nigerian, Christian and a PHD holder (these are big score points in my own mind considering who I am) BUT Jonathan is weak and clueless!

I don't like Buhari and I would never campaign for him! I am just being forced to change to Buhari simply because I just cannot vote a clueless and weak man again as president.

NairalandOP:
There are also many people like who voted for Buhari in 2011 who are reverting to Jonathan. It goes both ways.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ShowYourCertificate: 3:59am On Jan 04, 2015
teeowl:
come on... cheesy grin do you really believe that? lol... now I begin to realize that you are being paid to defend Jonathan and condemn Buhari... cheesy grin really? There are actually people that voted Buhari in 2011 and would vote Jonathan this year even after 4 years of clueless and weak governance? Really?

Okay if we assume that there are people like that then then number of people (I mean normal people and not folks decamping from APC to PDP and PDP to APC individuals) changing towards Buhari is more than those changing to Jonathan... cheesy

really?... grin you actually believe that normal voters (i mean non-registered members of political parties or politicians) that voted for Buhari are changing to Jonathan.... cheesy

And I say this NOT because we all of a sudden like that Abo.ki retired military general ---> far from it! It is because of the unnecessary mistakes that Jonathan has made (e.g. stealing is not corruption) that is pushing people like me to the other option which is Buhari.

When I voted Jonathan, I was not hoping he would mess up like this... Jonathan is Southern Nigerian, Christian and a PHD holder (these are big score points in my own mind considering who I am) BUT Jonathan is weak and clueless!

I don't like Buhari and I would never campaign for him! I am just being forced to change to Buhari simply because I just cannot vote a clueless and weak man again as president.

If you don't like the semi-illiterate general, and you don't like Jonathan, why don't you vote for someone else if it's change that you truly want? At least you've expressed your mind via ur vote. Your conscience will be free.

And you are wrong about the number. Many guys who voted Buhari in 2011 has seen him for what he truly is, an ethnocentrist who is hell bent on seeking despite hisold age. His mates are retiring from politics and becoming elder statesman but he's busy campaigning. Many of my middle belt friends who voted for Buhari last election has reverted tongue.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
Buhari has a backbone and would create an environment where people would be afraid to steal, loot and engage in corrupt behavior. Goodluck has said that stealing is NOT corruption. It is obvious that Jonathan and his cohorts are looting Government resources since he has trivialized stealing of Government resources with that statement.

Buhari is NOT the best option for Nigeria BUT Buhari is a better option than a man called Jonathan Goodluck that allows stealing and looting of Government resources.

The major problem with Nigeria is that the "bucket has too many holes that is leaking the water"! Meaning too many individuals are looting and engaging in corrupt practices that the "engine" does not work properly.

Goodluck does not care about going after thieves, looters (of Govt resources) and corrupt Government officials. It is very obvious.

I regret voting for Goodluck!

Accepted, I don't have the exact statistics to say that there are more changing to Buhari than Jonathan. However there are many of the Yorubas in Lagos that voted for Goodluck in 2011 and they are changing to Buhari this 2015.

I am NOT really voting for Buhari, I am just voting for change from the PDP grip on power that allows looters and corrupt Govt officials to go freely.

I don't like Buhari BUT Jonathan's clueless attitude has pushed me to the Islamic devil called Buhari as being a slightly better option. There is only two strong options for now! I really wish that APC had choosen Fashola as their candidate instead of the goon called Buhari!

My point is this - Goodluck Jonathan's incompetence has forced so many people to go towards Buhari angle.

It seems Ebele Jonathan's good luck has run out.

NairalandOP:
If you don't like the semi-illiterate general, and you don't like Jonathan, why don't you vote for someone else if it's change that you truly want? At least you've expressed your mind via ur vote. Your conscience will be free.

And you are wrong about the number. Many guys who voted Buhari in 2011 has seen him for what he truly is, an ethnocentrist who is hell bent on seeking despite hisold age. His mates are retiring from politics and becoming elder statesman but he's busy campaigning. Many of my middle belt friends who voted for Buhari last election has reverted tongue.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by agabaI23(m): 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
teeowl:

Scared of who? Buhari?
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
Looters and corrupt Government officials would be scared that the anti-corruption institutions (EFCC, ICPC etc.) have the political backing of the executive arm of Government to go after anybody regardless of his/her status or wealth.

Goodluck has clearly not given these anti-corruption agencies the power to go after corrupt Govt officials and looters. After all according to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan -> stealing is NOT corruption.

agabaI23:
Scared of who? Buhari?
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by alphaking(m): 12:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
listening to my mother as a kid I can remember her cite the regime of Bihari and idiagbon as one of the worst regime in Nigeria. Now I am sure of it,this man is accused of selective justice while his cronies stole with immunity.For someone whose only achievement is the fight against indiscipline,even sickly yar'adua did more than that.Dis man has campaigned since 2003 and yet has not given a framework on how he wants to build Nigeria's economy.Putting Goodluck achievement against his it makes the military man a failure just like his party.Fela said in his basketmoutb song how Buhari made Nigeria a prison.Fela wasn't wrong.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by MCMLXXVI(m): 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2015
barcanista:
OP Funny enough, you don't just take encyclopaedia as sole source of information, because anybody can enter whatever satisfies their sentiment. Britannica is an encyclopaedia itself. You need to tell from economic indices to decode success or failure of a government.
Inflation rate relative to previous year(s)
Unemployment/Employment rate relative the previous year(s)
Gross National Income
Gross Domestic Product
Budget
Balance of trade etc.

See this shameless turncoat. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ShowYourCertificate: 7:58am On Sep 01, 2016
Sorry, I had to resurrect this thread that was created in the pre-election period. This confirms the fact that we are now officially back in 1985. Buhari failed economically in 1985 and he's repeating the same failure now. Britannica prediction is coming to fruition.

Here is the original post:

AcidosisMega:
Algebra11 post=29301393:
Insurmountable economic problems plagued the Buhari regime as petroleum prices collapsed in the face of expanding foreign debt. Buhari instituted austerity measures that caused severe hardship to the average Nigerian. In addition, political corruption continued unabated, with politicians escaping to Western countries with millions of dollars in government money. In an effort to stop dissension, Buhari instituted restrictions on the press, political freedoms, and trade unionists. By August 1985 even the military had had enough, and Ibrahim Babangida took control of the government. Buhari was detained in Benin City but was released at the end of 1988.http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/83801/Muhammad-Buhari

Also here is my post as well:
ShowYourCertificate:
Buhari was only known for his anti-corruption campaign. In the aspect of Nigeria's economy, he was an outright failure. He and his economic experts lacked grasp of the economy and how to tackle it. Below are excerpts from the academia on his economic failures.

General Muhammadu Buhari’s regime, which ousted the civilians on the eve of 1984, had little to offer apart from budget tightening and slogans. The ad hoc austerity measures of the military failed to stabilize the economy, especially as it was unwilling to challenge the failed policy commitments of its predecessors. The economy spiraled rapidly downwards through the mid-1980s.
Peter M. Lewis “Getting the Politics right: Governance and economic failure in Nigeria” Rotberg I. Rotberg (ed.) Crafting the New Nigeria: Confronting the Challenges, Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2004, Page 104.

In the wake of the Buhari coup, Nigeria faced a new three year period of instability (having moved from a 7 in 1983 to a -7 in 1984 in the Polity 2 index). In this period, Nigerians suffered the worst oppression in their history of being an independent republic.

There was an immediate drop in the democracy score not only because of the replacement of a democratically elected government by Buhari’s military junta, but also because of government control over free society, something new in post-independence Nigerian politics. The Nigerian Medical Association and the National Association of Nigerian Students were outlawed. Two decrees severely restricted freedom of the press, as journalists were barred from reporting information considered embarrassing to any government official (in Buhari’s infamous Decree Number 4). Security risks to the state, as determined by the chief of staff at Supreme Headquarters (in Decree Number 2), could detain for up to six months without trial. Special military tribunals handled the business of sedition in lieu of civilian courts. Wiretapping, detentions without charges, and other police infractions against basic civil liberties became normal. Fela Ransome-Kuti, a high- life singing superstar, whose lyrics were a continual embarrassment to the government, was arrested in the Buhari period (Metz 1991).

Polity 2’s appraisal gives Nigeria a -7 for the early years of Buhari is thus fully justified. Yet indiscipline in administration (or the inability of any mortal to discipline Nigerian society) gave Nigeria a sense of being ruled within the anocratic zone.

Nigeria’s political culture undermined Buhari’s authoritarian pretensions. His anti-corruption campaign was enforced haphazardly – some faced execution and others (those who were well-connected) walked free. His environmental protection crusade was similarly haphazard. Its principal target were petty traders working out of what the government called “illegal structures” (i.e. market stalls and workshops along the streets). Police destroyed many of these shacks incurring widespread resentment.

The incompetence of the Buhari regime was evident to all, and mostly for self- protection of the military, on August 27, 1985 a group of officers under Major General Ibrahim Babangida overthrew Buhari and took charge along with his Armed Forces Ruling Council (AFRC).
James Fearon and David Laitin “Nigeria (NigeriaRN 1.2)”

Cc: Nairalanders

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ShowYourCertificate: 8:18am On Sep 01, 2016
Lalasticlala, obinoscopy a little history is good for the health smiley

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Acidosis(m): 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
History!!!!
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by adconline(m): 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I Honestly think most Nigerians don't know what they want.. Yes it's politics. I support this person, I don't support this.. All has to be. The fact is No matter how much they discredit Buhari, it still doesn't account for 6rs of Stagnancy or worse that GEJ truly did.. Nigerians want positive change not Stagnancy all in the name of South-South or Northern Ruler. If Good Nigerians let the Clueless and Confused people convince us into voting in someone who will take us down the drain for Another 4yrs, Let's know we caused it with our own hands. Change or Tribal Preference? It's now in our hands
Nigeria didn't go into recession in the last 6 years of GEJ. Nigeria didn't lose 4.5m jobs under 18months in the last 6yrs of GEJ. Nigeria didn't witness massive out of FDI in the last 6 years of GEJ. Enough of this willful ignorance!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by PaulIdu: 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
All the sign were there but people like me refused to heed and ended voting in the loser called Buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Algebra12: 1:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
AcidosisMega:
Algebra12:

Insurmountable economic problems plagued the Buhari regime as petroleum prices collapsed in the face of expanding foreign debt. Buhari instituted austerity measures that caused severe hardship to the average Nigerian. In addition, political corruption continued unabated, with politicians escaping to Western countries with millions of dollars in government money. In an effort to stop dissension, Buhari instituted restrictions on the press, political freedoms, and trade unionists. By August 1985 even the military had had enough, and Ibrahim Babangida took control of the government. Buhari was detained in Benin City but was released at the end of 1988.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/83801/Muhammad-Buhari

It was always there, only for you to see and have the mental ability to process what you see.
Pity we are here today.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Leopardd(m): 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
Oh mehn.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by MCMLXXVI(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
kaka22:
No matter the amount of articles/materials digged up by Pdp and their paid agents will stop us from sending the clueless one out of Aso rock, come 2015. No leader can succeed without tackling corruption head on... As bad as you painted Buhari's regime to be, it is not as bad as this clueless administration. Atleast, he(Buhari) had the political will to tackle corruption then and he still has the political will to tackle corruption now... He even recorded some economic successes...

Buhari's administration has proven to be WORSE than anything the PDP presented us.
Hide your face.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Algebra12: 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
Hello people,

I hope we are on the same page now!!!.

Peace.

#EndSARS
#EndPoliceBrutality
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Algebra12: 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2020
SmooshCHN:
I Honestly think most Nigerians don't know what they want.. Yes it's politics. I support this person, I don't support this.. All has to be. The fact is No matter how much they discredit Buhari, it still doesn't account for 6rs of Stagnancy or worse that GEJ truly did.. Nigerians want positive change not Stagnancy all in the name of South-South or Northern Ruler. If Good Nigerians let the Clueless and Confused people convince us into voting in someone who will take us down the drain for Another 4yrs, Let's know we caused it with our own hands. Change or Tribal Preference? It's now in our hands

I'm sure you are enjoying a free ride now.

Ode !!
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by SmooshCHN: 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2020
Algebra12:

I'm sure you are enjoying a free ride now.

Ode !!
I don't know how bad life must be for you to call me Ode over my comment on a thread I made way back in early 2015. You're angry and I get it. I'm sorry. The comment was even geared towards Nigeria moving forward rather than it being stagnant under GEJ's regime. But now I guess we would all have preferred a stangnant Nigeria to what we have now. Too bad things took a turn for the worse. But you're here to express your anger because hindsight is always correct.

It's clear our government at every level, every party has been a mess.

I'll continue to hope for a better Nigeria. You should too and stay safe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Silverbird Cinemas Opens At Jabi Lake Mall / Goa Minister Apologizes For Cancer Comment On Nigerians / Festus Keyamo Mocks IPOB Over Nnamdi Kanu's Sack By Radio Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.