Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. (17840 Views)

PWC Audit:Kola Aluko And Jide Omokore Given $7bn Assets By Diezanni Madueke / Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira / "Progressive" Jigawa Governor In over 10 Billion Naira Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
bruno419:
One word.......

Go to court undecided undecided

You meant one phrase abi Oga 419?

It is a waiting time bomb.

Watch how this report matter will explode in the face of of the GEJ Administration before the elections

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Feraz(m): 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
fabrigas18:
kindly consider there population okk..
It's not about population. Even if we consider population, China is much more populated than Nigeria.

That being said, if we work with the assumption that China could generate that amount of electricity with the original amount in the OP, then we need to ask our past leaders from '99 till date what they have done with our money. Let's start with OBJ who spent about $16B to generate darkness for us and pegging that of China at 6000MW, then we'll be looking at about 28000MW of electricity; factor in Yar'Adua and GEJ and we'll be looking at about 40000 - 50000MW which of more than enough to draw more investors. Now, include that of our leaders promising us constant power and you're looking at power generation a little above 70000MW.

What about our universities? Dividing that missing $10B with 90 federal institutions will give about $111m which is about N16B ($1 - N160). This amount is somewhat enough to equip our engineering, medical and science laboratories. Even ok to start up some research centers in this country and shift our dependence on oil to something else.

How about the military?

We really should demand for what happened to our money.

Pardon any error in my calculation. Also note that I'm working with assumptions here.

If this amount of money is missing, what then is the function of NASS? Aren't they supposed to call the president to order on this?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by ALEBS(m): 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2014

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by ALEBS(m): 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
Feraz:

It's not about population. Even if we consider population, China is much more populated than Nigeria.

That being said, if we work with the assumption that China could generate that amount of electricity with the original amount in the OP, then we need to ask our past leaders from '99 till date what they have done with our money. Let's start with OBJ who spent about $16B to generate darkness for us and pegging that of China at 6000MW, then we'll be looking at about 28000MW of electricity; factor in Yar'Adua and GEJ and we'll be looking at about 40000 - 50000MW which of more than enough to draw more investors. Now, include that of our leaders promising us constant power and you're looking at power generation a little above 70000MW.

What about our universities? Dividing that missing $10B with 90 federal institutions will give about $111m which is about N16B ($1 - N160). This amount is somewhat enough to equip our engineering, medical and science laboratories. Even ok to start up some research centers in this country and shift our dependence on oil to something else.

How about the military?

Pardon any error in my calculation. Also note that I'm working with assumptions here.

If this amount of money is missing, what then is the function of NASS? Aren't they supposed to call the president to order on this?

You have hit the nail in the head.

PDP has had the opportunity of 16 years to transform Nigeria. Their best is not close to enough.

Let us give a different party and ideology a chance in 2015. If only tribalism will take a back seat.
If politicians notice that their time in power is limited and dependent on performance, you will see a change in Nigeria.

Ghana did it in 2008 and brought in the then challenger Atta Mills. He was one of the best Presidents Ghana has ever had. It was his death in office in 2012 that truncated his administration.

Right now, Nigeria's issues is a weeping matter.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by huntamania(m): 8:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wait Oooh, NOI said the report would be ready by November, she didn't say it was going to be revealed to the public by then ( correct me if am wrong). Secondly, what's the legislative doing about this. I thought this was their job outrightly. Thirdly, the 12 billion dollars is not a year thing. It's revenue NNPC didn't remit since 2008. You can't just call figures and expect them to build one project with that much money. Fourthly, the whole nigerian budget for 2014 and 2015 is less than 30 billion dollars, how do you expect them to expend so much money on one project. In those countries where those projects were cited did you do a research concerning those project or concerning those countries revenue. I think OP that your analogy doesnt really add up.
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
huntamania:
Wait Oooh, NOI said the report would be ready by November, she didn't say it was going to be revealed to the public by then ( correct me if am wrong). Secondly, what's the legislative doing about this. I thought this was their job outrightly. Thirdly, the 12 billion dollars is not a year thing. It's revenue NNPC didn't remit since 2008. You can't just call figures and expect them to build one project with that much money. Fourthly, the whole nigerian budget for 2014 and 2015 is less than 30 billion dollars, how do you expect them to expend so much money on one project. In those countries where those projects were cited did you do a research concerning those project or concerning those countries revenue. I think OP that your analogy doesnt really add up.

This is the kind of discussion we should be having grin grin.

1. I earlier posted a link (Kindly check back) Investigations show that the report has been submitted to the FG however the FG is denying this. If they're not ready to show the public yet I think the can state the date when the public will see it. This is why we smell foul play.

2. EFCC former Chairman, Ibrahim Lamorde stated in 2013 that Nigeria has lost $600Billion (Imagine 600 Billion US Dollars) to corruption since Independence.
I tell you that the[b] bulk of Gov't stealing started under IBB, continued under Abacha, Abdulsalam, and the successive PDP Gov'ts upheld corruption especially GEJ's. [/b]
600 Billion. Imagine what this monies could have be used for based on the projects you saw in the OP.

In PDPs16 years in power, I estimated that at least $200 Billion has been misappropriated. That's still significant.

3. Now if $10Billion to $20Billion can disappear over 5 years (2008 - 2013) in NNPC alone, imagine the the amounts getting missing in other parastatals. And Nigeria has not collapsed yet. On top of this, include contract inflation, ghost workers etc etc

The scale is massive!

4. Revenue.
Some of those countries for eg South Africa that hosted the 2010 Word Cup for $3.5 Billion, has a lower national income ($600+ Billion) than Nigeria ($900+ Billion) using
2013 values. We've always earned more since 2007 anyway. Can Nigeria host a FIFA World Cup today? No.

Nigeria's revenue could have been quadrupled if Refineries are functional. We lose so much forex from crude oil sales to importing all types of fuels and paying the cabal. GEJ and past PDP Gov't's missed this opportunity. Include the amounts spent on power. Everyone agrees that the power situation has not improved in any way. Stable power would have boosted the economy up to 5 times.

I hope I clarified some of the reasoning behind the OP.

Personally I think APC should be given a chance to lead Nigeria in 2015. A pointer is in how the APC governors have generally out performed their PDP counterparts in the last 4 years. PDP has squandered 16 years already.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Feraz(m): 9:11pm On Dec 30, 2014
LRNZH:

You have hit the nail in the head.

PDP has had the opportunity of 16 years to transform Nigeria. Their best is not close to enough.

Let us give a different party and ideology a chance in 2015. Of only tribalism will take a back seat.
If politicians notice that their time in power is limited and dependent on performance, you will see a change in Nigeria.

Ghana did it in 2008 and brought in the then challenger Atta Mills. He was one of the best Presidents Ghana has ever had. It was his death in office in 2012 that truncated his administration.

Right now, Nigeria's issues is a weeping matter.
Have you looked past PDP and APC and instead focus on the other candidates cos even if you did not mention any political party here to bring change, I can deduce you're making reference to APC?
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Feraz(m): 9:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
SupremeTeam:
I thought we have been told to drink our oil.

Why are you useless parasites so concerned about oil?
C'mon dude, this should not result to oil argument. There are certain questions you should ask especially when it concerns your home country.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
Feraz:
Have you looked past PDP and APC and instead focus on the other candidates cos even if you did not mention any political party here to bring change, I can deduce you're making reference to APC?

Yes APC.
Apart from APC what other party or candidate has a structure close enough to uprooting PDP in Nigeria today?

I am yet to identify them. Enlighten me if you know any.

You have to add reality with idealism to arrive at pragmatism. APC candidates are the only alternative as far as 2015 is concerned in 95% of the cases.

In as much as people say APC and PDP are one, they're not really. The progressive streak in APC is admirable and should be encouraged.

APC should have wooed more APGA / SE regional politicians a bit more during the ACN, ANPP, CPC and Rochas' faction of APGA merger. That would have been the masterstroke to break PDP. But they have done well so far.

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
SupremeTeam:
I thought we have been told to drink our oil.

Why are you useless parasites so concerned about oil?
Feraz:
C'mon dude, this should not result to oil argument. There are certain questions you should ask especially when it concerns your home country.

Even if Nigeria splits today (I hope not), these issues will not go away. These are demons we must face.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by jaytee01(m): 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Can you even interpret raw NNPC audit report without the experts reconciling it with accounts of other agencies?

This same mentality that drove HOR finance committee chairman to hire a professional for N115m to help him draft 50 questions to challenge Dr Iweala for which he couldn't even defend notwithstanding his admirable CV is what is driving you to sound intelligent and important.

Even Mallam Sanusi was a slowpoke when details were presented for discussions.

Why is the opposition trying to beat the gun? If they so much desire to see the report why not file a request or use the court to invoke FOI law?
You think that everyone operates at that same intellectual level? Are audit reports rocket science?

The simple truth is that GEJ and his cronies are working on the report to water it down and give themselves a soft landing!
Even with a "friendly " auditor, the sums involved need pure magic to hide.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by jaytee01(m): 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
modhream:

Ngwakwe,stop digging please.Unless you're drilling for oil.
Whatever shred of respect and reputation you had left on this forum,you've torn to bits.This bloodbath is not cool to watch,abeg.
Nwanne onye na agba ajo egwu,oko iku anya ana ako e.Nke a akaria,biko
Which respect are you talking about?

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Musty4(m): 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
our nigerians never know they meaning of dollar, thats y leaders enjoying calling dollars in calculations, because stealling 10bn usd is better than stealling 10 bn naira because we only understand naira, if nigerian could undstnd usd and its value since crushed leaders.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Feraz(m): 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
LRNZH:

Even if Nigeria splits today (I hope not), these issues will not go away. These are demons we must face.
That was why I told him not to bring the oil discuss.
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 10:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
PUSH1:
Please is the $ different from the $ in Nigeria?

When $ enter Naija e dey grow wings, legs and brain. Come dey disappear anyhow. wink wink wink
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 11:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
Musty4:
our nigerians never know they meaning of dollar, thats y leaders enjoying calling dollars in calculations, because stealling 10bn usd is better than stealling 10 bn naira because we only understand naira, if nigerian could undstnd usd and its value since crushed leaders.

No b only you tire for this matter my brother. .
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by mrfrosh: 12:44am On Dec 31, 2014
LRNZH:

All are less than $10Billion each.

Prof. Are you happy now?

grin grin grin grin

Oga APC, Good one..I don hear and hope u don't look for the mistakes from others before u learn or else u will never learn,mr Dr.

But Prof. Before you go.
I saw your post from another thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2067574/desperate-father-uses-daughter-collateral/2#29335444

I noticed you punctuate with commas before capitalised words and you don't leave space after commas.

Is this the new form of written English I have been hearing about? Make I kuku dey learn.

grin grin grin grin
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by mrfrosh: 12:54am On Dec 31, 2014
LRNZH:

All are less than $10Billion each.

Prof. Are you happy now?

grin grin grin grin

Lol u be Oxford I don forget.. I wrote everything after commas in cap locks, so now dat u av corrected me,ur apc VP candidate dat said Olamide is an impressive young man,would he have said so if he wasn't vying for a political position??....oooya Mr Oga prof,answer...(mumu campaign from street boiz,i am a confirm Bariga boi

But Prof. Before you go.
I saw your post from another thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2067574/desperate-father-uses-daughter-collateral/2#29335444

I noticed you punctuate with commas before capitalised words and you don't leave space after commas.

Is this the new form of written English I have been hearing about? Make I kuku dey learn.

grin grin grin grin
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 3:36am On Dec 31, 2014
mrfrosh:

Prof. Ogini kwa?
What are you saying? That you're a Bariga boy?
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 7:27am On Dec 31, 2014
Feraz:
That was why I told him not to bring the oil discuss.

A Nigeria breakup will be a massive step backwards. Before he splinter regions can organise themselves into a functional unit.... Years will fly by with chaos and deaths.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by sokt: 7:50am On Dec 31, 2014
[/color]O MA SE O!

I don't have anything to say

BUT ARE WE REALLY HELPLESS!!!
Screaming my head off!
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 8:09am On Dec 31, 2014
azzima:
this idiot should just give up this argument....you looking really really bad here the more you try to cover you biased foolishness. FRONT PAGE!!!!!

Mods Heed to Popular demand: FRONT PAGE
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 9:12am On Dec 31, 2014
azzima:
please do your job and send this to front page and shut up with your dumb ramblings!!!

!!!!!!!!!
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 10:26am On Dec 31, 2014
sokt:
[/color]O MA SE O!

I don't have anything to say

BUT ARE WE REALLY HELPLESS!!!
Screaming my head off!

sokt

Take heart.
The only problem is some people may not live long enough to see the new transformed Nigeria.
Hence we need to make change happen ASAP (as soon as possible)
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 11:20am On Dec 31, 2014
Feraz:

How about the military?

Very pertinent points

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
Slowly but surely.....the message is getting across.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Ama Pepple Head Of National Minimum Wage Committee / You’re Acting Opposition Script, Osinbajo Tells Obasanjo / APC Writes INEC, Postpones Congresses Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.