Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan (27268 Views)

See Why Governor Adams Oshiomole Is A Local Champion. (PHOTO ) / Why We Abandoned Jonathan For Buhari – Itsekiri People / Fuel Subsidy: Sure, Not Abandoned –jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Clerverly: 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2014
Indications emerged, weekend, that Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State had openly rejected the re-election bid of President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015.

Although there had been speculations in the past that Lamido was unhappy with Jonathan over the way he had been treated by the leadership of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party and the president’s unfulfilled promises to the state, Lamido openly voiced his opposition to Jonathan’s candidacy at a PDP rally in Dutse on Saturday.

Apparently to send Lamido’s message loud and clear to the Presidency, the event which was held at the state capital, was transmitted live via a private television station with national coverage.

Again, to prove his anger against Jonathan, the organisers of the PDP event deliberately and carefully avoided displaying the President’s posters throughout the rally.

On the other hand, the campaign posters of the governorship candidate of the PDP in the state and those of other contestants for the state and national elections were conspicuously and generously displayed.

Besides, rather than await the President to present the flags to the PDP candidates as is the custom of the party, the governor went ahead to perform the event, apparently preventing Jonathan from performing the political tradition just before elections.

None of the candidates canvassed for support for Jonathan throughout the rally, which was well attended by the members of the party in the state.

Vanguard learnt from a top source in Dutse on Sunday that Lamido felt bitter and betrayed by both Jonathan and the PDP for not doing any tangible project in Jigawa State after he had risked his life and those of his family members to work for Jonathan’s victory in 2011.

The source pointed out that the refusal or the inability of Jonathan to undertake any of the four key projects, which he openly promised the people during his 2011 campaign had pitted the governor against the political leaders and people of the state.

President Jonathan, it was learnt, had promised to build a cargo airport in Dutse, rebuild broken federal roads abandoned in the state for over 20 years, construct a dam at Auyo and build a major waterworks in the capital, four promises yet to be fulfilled with less than two months to the next polls.

It was also revealed out of the N15 billion spent by state government on the building of the Duste International Airport, which Jonathan commissioned on October 21 this year, the Federal Government had only chipped in less than a billion.

A top source in the state confided in Vanguard that Lamido was being portrayed as a traitor by most of the citizens, who see him as supporting Jonathan for personal reasons but working against their interest.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/gov-lamido-moving-jonathan/#sthash.zVX3XGVu.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Clerverly: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
I Pity Jonathan in 2015!

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by hydroking23(m): 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
I don't really feel bad for the President. The amount of support he received from Nigerians in 2011 was unparalleled. He squandered an opportunity to really move this country forward.

177 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
Clerverly:
I Pity Jonathan in 2015!

I pity states that can't pay salaries due to declining oil wealth

Next year

No GEJ No oil No Nigeria

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Clerverly: 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

I pity states that can't pay salaries due to declining oil wealth

Next year

No GEJ No oil No Nigeria

Yea! Oil has been a curse rather than a blessing!

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
hydroking23:
I don't really feel bad for the President. The amount of support he received from Nigerians in 2011 was unparalleled. He squandered an opportunity to really move this country forward.

Next year

We will vote him and ND oil wealth out

And

Vote in Buhari and groundnut wealth

What do you think Barcanista

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by mymadam(m): 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2014
hydroking23:

Couldn't have said it better, IMHO. Posterity shall be the judge. God bless Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Clerverly:

Yea! Oil has been a curse rather than a blessing!

Next year

We kick out ND oil

And

Build Cocoa - Groundnut wealth in our incorruptible Arewa0dua republic

17 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by xpac01(m): 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
This man shares almost similar feelings with me. I risked the life of my love with my girlfriend to see GEJ wins 2011. But here we are today, 6yrs is far much enough to prove a worth. Gotta give GMB a try. Buhari 2015.

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by omenka(m): 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mr President just got served again. The handwriting is getting clearer by the day. Jonathan, steer clear the North and South west. Even places where he appears stronger aren't gonna deliver block votes to him as they did in 2011. Everything's changed.

There has never been a president as lucky as Jonathan in the history of this country. He came on board with such popularity and goodwill as to make Putin green with envy. Everyone saw in him a righteous innocent man, a break from the past.

Several times he was presented with great opportunities to be the messiah Nigeria sought but he trashed every one of those chances, thinking he can take refuge in the ethnoreligious divide in the country, pitting neighbor against neighbor, and friends against friends. All what he has done so far is to accentuate our fault lines. He didn't understand earlier in the day that the rule of thumb in politics is to make as many friends, allies and supporters as possible. They come in handy in rainy days.

Now the horse has bolted out the stable and there's no holding it back!

Too bad.

142 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Next year

We will vote him and ND oil wealth out

And

Vote in Buhari and groundnut wealth

What do you think Barcanista
Very funny, like we are enjoying the proceeds of the oil sales. We shall vote him out and place the wealth of Nigeria under the management of Buhari-led administration

@Topic: Sule Lamido seems to be a confused man. Today he is here, tomorrow he is there!!! What manner of confusion is in the PDP camp

27 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
Jonathan succeeded in trapping Lamido and Babangida from decamping to Apc by blackmailing them. Well, the die is cast and reality is setting in.

The downfall of Jonathan is piling up.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by MalcoImX: 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Next year

We kick out ND oil

And

Build Cocoa - Groundnut wealth in our incorruptible Arewa0dua republic
Are you here to have fun or convince people to your party's cause?

9 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
Vanguard learnt from a top source in Dutse on Sunday that Lamido felt bitter and betrayed by both Jonathan and the PDP for not doing any tangible project in Jigawa State after he had risked his life and those of his family members to work for Jonathan’s victory in 2011
This is what we have been saying, Goodluck Jonathan failed every living (and dead) Nigerian.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
Very funny, like we are enjoying the proceeds of the oil sales. We shall vote him out and place the wealth of Nigeria under the management of Buhari-led administration

So Buhari has no plan to build

Excess Groundnut Cocoa Account

My friend

If Buhari is hoping to use oil wealth, then he is smoking something tooooooo dangerous for his brain

17 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
xpac01:
This man shares almost similar feelings with me. I risked the life of my love with my girlfriend to see GEJ wins 2011. But here we are today, 6yrs is far much enough to prove a worth. Gotta give GMB a try. Buhari 2015.
Please can you tell us what happened?

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Clerverly: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
MalcoImX:

He is an agent of Asari Dokubo!

5 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

So Buhari has no plan to build

Excess Groundnut Cocoa Account

My friend

If Buhari is hoping to use oil wealth, then he is smoking something tooooooo dangerous for his brain
Bros, stop sweating because Muhammadu Buhari will take charge of everything on the land, air and sea for the benefit of Nigerians. Nobody can stop him

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
Clerverly:

Agent of Asari Dokubo!
That coward

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
MalcoImX:

I am here to remind Nigeria internal colonialists ( Hausa Fulani Yoruba ) that no salaries from oil wealth next year

I hope they have cleared their farms for cocoa groundnut cultivation

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by FrankC3: 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
APC well oiled propaganda machine at work. Meanwhile:

Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa on Thursday affirmed that he would do everything possible to support the re-election of President Goodluck Jonathan in the 2015 polls.
Mr. Lamido stated this in Dutse during a meeting to unveil campaign programmes for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidates seeking elective position in the state.
“I had a frank discussion with the president today in Abuja and I am convinced that he will redeem his pledges; therefore, I will support him.
“Like I have always said, I don’t do politics based on religion or ethnicity; a PDP man in Enugu state is closer to me than an All Progressives Congress (APC) man in Bamaina my village,”
he said.
He said that his support for the president was based on his (Jonathan) commitment to fulfilling all campaign promises made to the state in 2011.
The governor disclosed that Jonathan had assured him that the Federal Government would refund the money spent by the state government to construct Dutse International Airport.
He added that the president also promised to rehabilitate and complete the Hadejia Irrigation Scheme and the Gaya-Jahun-Miga road project, respectively, recalling that they were part of his campaign promises
. (NAN)
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173537-ill-everything-possible-jonathan-win-2015-lamido.html

So which do we believe? This report is not saying that Lamido made any statements indicating that he will not support GEJ re-election, Vanguard is saying that because the President's posters were not aired during the rally, therefore Lamido does not support the President. You see exactly the reason why hot tempered men like BUHARI jail journalists for 100 years?

20 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
That coward

Everybody knows him

Why not post your real

Name
Photo
Address
Phone number

If you are braver than asari

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Clerverly: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
FrankC3:
APC well oiled propaganda machine at work. Meanwhile:

So which do we believe? This report is not saying that Lamido made any statements indicating that he will not support GEJ re-election, Vanguard is saying that because the President's posters were not aired during the rally, therefore Lamido does not support the President. You see exactly the reason why hot tempered men like BUHARI jail journalists for 100 years?

When Vanguard,Thisday and Tribune report anything against jonathan, you should know there is actually a problem!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by MalcoImX: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
Clerverly:

Agent of Asari Dokubo!
Cleverly, did you quote me by mistake and called me agent of Asari Dokubo or what? You are wrong about this and I'll never forgive this if you don't retract it. I cannot accept this misrepresentation as I cannot be responsible for your lack of understanding on an issue whose motive is not clear to you.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Clerverly: 9:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
MalcoImX:
Cleverly, did you quote me by mistake and called me agent of Asari Dokubo or what? You are wrong about this and I'll never forgive this if you don't retract it. I cannot accept this misrepresentation as I cannot be responsible for your lack of understanding on an issue whose motive is not clear to you.

Sorry I meant the guy you quoted! You asked where he stood and i answered you! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by psucc(m): 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
Bros, stop sweating because Muhammadu Buhari will take charge of everything on the land, air and sea for the benefit of Nigerians. Nobody can stop him

No NoNoooooooooooooooooo!
only in the wildest of dream.
It gotta scatter.
Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by MalcoImX: 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

I am here to remind Nigeria internal colonialists ( Hausa Fulani Yoruba ) that no salaries from oil wealth next year

I hope they have cleared their farms for cocoa groundnut cultivation
Don't you think this position can alienate? Suppose you are a contesting for a political position, how can I vote for you when you seem to have a negative view of my people or region?

11 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Big4wig(m): 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mtscheew
Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by MalcoImX: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Clerverly:

Sorry I meant the guy you quoted! You asked where he stood and i answered you! cheesy
Peace. You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by SaiBuharii: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
H
Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by donbrowser(m): 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Feb14 should just come and go pls.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
omenka:
Mr President just got served again. The handwriting is getting clearer by the day. Jonathan, steer clear the North and South west. Even places where he appears stronger aren't gonna deliver block votes to him as they did in 2011. Everything's changed.

There has never been a president as lucky as Jonathan in the history of this country. He came on board with such popularity and goodwill as to make Putin green with envy. Everyone saw in him a righteous innocent man, a break from the past.

Does this 'everyone' include you? Cos u have been on this side since 2011. So you knew GEJ was a break from the past and better than Buhari, yet u supported the latter in 2011? Is ur decision not informed by hate and political myopia?

This year again, you are repeating the same mistake and inviting others to join you. Your words are already standing against you.

Carry go Jona!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise / Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria / Simon Ekpa Was Paid $1M To Destroy Obi’s Chances — Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.