Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise (27266 Views)

List Of Companies Involved In The NNPC $26B Contract Scandal / Maikanti Baru And Ajimobi Commission The NNPC Ibadan Depot / What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by kahal29: 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
The new Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu has been accused of sparing his friend in the ongoing restructuring at the national oil company.

Sources said Mr Gbenga Komolafe, who is allegedly linked to several transactions that shortchanged the nation in the oil sector during the last administration, was retained while his counterparts in other departments were forced to resign.

Komolafe who held positions in commercial divisions including Executive Director Commercial, Pipeline and Products Marketing Company and recently the Group General Manager (GGM), Crude Oil Marketing Division, has now been posted as GGM Special Duties in the oil tower, a new position created by the new GMD.

Sources said the retirement which affects all the senior staff in his former departments for the roles they played didn’t affect Mr Komolafe due to his closeness to the new GMD.

A total of 38 senior management staff were affected in recent retirement as part of the effort of the new administration to clean the system and reposition the company as international oil giant.

“He is believed to be a close friend to the new GMD and is deeply engaged in the recent restructuring in the NNPC,” one of the concerned staff told Daily Trust.
“If people like Haruna Momoh are among the list of the retirees due to their closeness with the former minister of petroleum resources, then there is no reason Mr Komolafe should be spared because he is even closer to the former minister than any body,” the source said.
The new GMD had said that the restructuring in the NNPC was in line with the Federal Government’s aspiration to transform the corporation into a lean, efficient, business-focused, transparent and accountable in keeping with international best practices.

But the sources said with the retention of Mr Komolafe in the tower and even positioned him as GGM Special Duties, the clean up is just a window dressing. “Nothing will change because these are the people that are very loyal to the last administration and his new position empowers him to participate in all the activities in the NNPC, one of the sources said.

When contacted for reaction over the allegation, the NNPC spokesman, Mr Ohi Alegbe, said the exercise which saw the exit of all senior managers who were billed to retire between now and December 2016 is also a cost-saving measure but he didn’t comment on the retention of Mr Komolafe as requested by our reporter.
He said “the task of restructuring the NNPC into a lean, efficient, and business-focused organization has commenced with Management’s approval of the retirement of thirty-eight senior managers.

“The exercise, apart from gearing the Corporation in the direction of a leaner and more efficient organization, has enormous cost-saving benefits,” he added.
Meanwhile the NNPC yesterday announced the appointment of 15 new GGMs to man some Divisions of the corporation.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/new-nnpc-boss-accused-of-sparing-friend/106318.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Lattop(m): 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
FTC Dedicated to only my well wisherscheesy

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Sylverbox(m): 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
Accusations everywhere, nothing solid anywhere. Mstcheeewww!!!

The person under me should take solace in the fact that FTC doesn't credit anybody's account. Ask Introvert, ladyf, airforce1 and peharps this minor above me.....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by dunsman(f): 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
Lasticla or whoever did itit undecided
Y would u remove my space on a thread saying I wan to sleep wit cr7 bla bal, I spooked d space jejely waiting to read and comment dat am FTC den to my surprise someone else was FTC and my space has been removed undecided undecided undecided
I demand an explanation angry sad angry angry angry angry angry
Cause am really angry!!!!!!!!!
Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Ciscogod(m): 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
They will deny it soon. Just watch

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by ajani1978(m): 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
If it is you in that position you will spare your enemies

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by OVI75(m): 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
sure when it starts receiving due attention he will be quick to rebuff the allegation.ut on a second thought even if i was buhari i con win election my pady lai and liar muhamed go stil be my right hand man nw.na de same tin ds my DELTA MAN DO SOOO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
Lalasticlala................ shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by free2ryhme: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
Good a thing it is Yoruba man he favoured. Let me see how they will react to this.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by free2ryhme: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
It is a smart move to retain Mr. Komolafe, especially because of the under-the-table deals that happened under his nose in the last administration - He would have a map of where the dead bodies are buried so to speak....this way the forensic investigations would bear fruitful results with his cooperation, hence "special duties"....if he is found wanting in those deals everyone can ask for his neck at that point

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
The blame pointing has started.

I have a feeling the man will not have much friends after his appointment if he hopes to keep his job.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by steffans(m): 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
Wonders will never end...

Tho I wandered why that particular guy was spared...

There should be total clean up there..
Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
The only IGBO NAME
Apc government don't want South East at all grin

Tribalism Party

18 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Pebcak: 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
grin grin
Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by omonnakoda: 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
He spared his friend? Is it his enemies he should spare

6 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Emekamex(m): 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
One chance. Who are they deceiving?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by shegsrules(m): 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
B4 na him enemy e go liv sack him frnd.
Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Dee60: 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
Stop being naive. Men will be men afterall. If you are looking for saints, look beyond government! Do not put your trust in any man but in God. When push comes to shove, men will go only with their friends.

8 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Afrok(m): 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
What do u expect? It's everywhere and it'll take the grace of God for him to shun his friends.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by donigspain(m): 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
ok

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by disloman(m): 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Handiwork of the Wailing wailers.Not surprised.

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Know thyself cos I really don't care what happens in govt these days.... All I do is chase that paper and grow my spiritual life that's all that matters to me...

Know thyself

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by 4EverYoungCEO(m): 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Nothing we won't hear in Nigeria....
Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by tunex23: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
PDP Propaganda...design, package and supply by PDP!

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Aitee1: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Okay
Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by qualityovenbake(m): 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
Barely two weeks that he is the boss of NNPC, some unscrupulous people have started to use the media to carry out their vain attack. This man should be given free hand to do his job.

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
SW + N = EFFICIENCY
SW + SS = POSITIVE RESULT
SW + SE = BAD MARKET

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? / BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair / Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.