Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors (739 Views)

What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. / Whats The Best Technique To Use In Rebuking A Child? / Rich Marrying Rich, Poor Marrying Poor: Way Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors by IkembaCMD(m): 1:46am On Dec 30, 2014
One thing pains me about Some Nigerian parents,Elders and Those who in one way
or the other are in a position of Authority...
Its the way they rebuke their children and their juniors!.

We tend to see our scolding work when we HUMILIATE our children,wards or
juniors... i.e Making jest or ridicule of a child in the midst of his friends.

Humiliation is a poor teacher when it comes to Moral guidance and
discipline...

Humiliation lets down its victim and not all victims are always lucky to get
out of it,

Most of this children,wards or juniors become reclusive,malicious and revengeful... e.g Most children develop an inferiority complex and perhaps find their parental environment not worth confiding in.

The best way of exerting rebuke is by close marking, by looking deep into
the child/ward/junior and making his wrongs known to him/her...

What the mind creates, it also destroys when caressed in moderation...
Please everyone, lets be wise in our scoldings for "Humiliation is a poor teacher of
etiquette and manners both to the young and the Old"....
# Thinking_wide
Re: Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors by elantraceey(f): 1:52am On Dec 30, 2014
Humilation is the worst way to correct a child , it has it's own adverse effects on the child but sadly Nigerian parents are yet to learn that .

2 Likes

Re: Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors by Nobody: 1:58am On Dec 30, 2014
nice post, so true.

sinequanon, i will reply you as soon as my ban expires. i was about to paste the link for what you accussed of copying and pasting and got ban for antispam bot. it was quite unpleasant you saw it before my modification led to me being banned. that is so unlikely of me.

plaigarism is a big offense.

sorry OP for trolling
Re: Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors by Sirphrank(m): 2:05am On Dec 30, 2014
Thread owner, sorry about the humiliation from your dad.
Re: Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors by tpia1982: 2:58am On Dec 30, 2014
Sirphrank:

this
Re: Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors by adebayo201: 3:46am On Dec 30, 2014
Sirphrank:

that's why it is not good to smoke weed while going to bed...

@Op, watch the way you're usually "to me" in your statements. I believe this is not your first time of posting on this forum!

1 Like

Re: Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors by tpia1982: 4:08am On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors by IkembaCMD(m): 9:56am On Dec 30, 2014
Sirphrank:

My dad didn't humiliate me, I'm just an Observer...
Re: Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors by Sirphrank(m): 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
adebayo201:

that's why it is not good to smoke weed while going to bed...

@Op, watch the way you're usually "to me" in your statements. I believe this is not your first time of posting on this forum!
I don't get you.
Re: Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors by Sirphrank(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
IkembaCMD:

My dad didn't humiliate me, I'm just an Observer...
Sure? ... Okay.

(1) (Reply)

Parents Of Obese Children In Puerto Rico Face Fines Of Up To $800 / Did Your Mother Do This To You While Growing Up?- Ajepaki Oo / Which Of This South East Girls Are More Faithful To Their Partners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.