Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Any Evidence in the Shari'a for this? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Any Evidence in the Shari'a for this? (777 Views)

Scientific Evidence In Support Of Islamic Medicine. / Going To Hajj In The Bible(evidence) / What Does Shari'a Says About Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Evidence in the Shari'a for this? by nurd(m): 7:50am On Dec 30, 2014
In the early hours of yesterday, after Subh prayer, a scholar (alfa) was suspended in the Mosque. He was relieved of his duty in the mosque (i.e., giving lectures). I sat there quietly and listened as to why he was served the ban. Apparently, He had slapped another person the night before right in the mosque.

This is not the first time I have witnessed suspention being dished out in this same Mosque. And to top it, the suspention verdict was placed by a committee. Note that this committee is permanent and perform other functions too.

Now my questions are:

Is it permitted under Shari'a to suspend someone in the mosque?

Also, is it Islamical to set up a committee in the mosque, irrespective of functions?
Re: Any Evidence in the Shari'a for this? by tbaba1234: 8:02am On Dec 30, 2014
nurd:
In the early hours of yesterday, after Subh prayer, a scholar (alfa) was suspended in the Mosque. He was relieved of his duty in the mosque (i.e., giving lectures). I sat there quietly and listened to why he was served the ban. Apparently, He had slapped another person the night before right in the mosque.

This is not the first time I have witnessed suspention being dished out in this same Mosque. And to top it, the suspention verdict was placed by a committee. Note that this committee is permanent and perform other functions too.

Now my questions are:

Is it permitted under Shari'a to suspend someone in the mosque?

Also, is it Islamical to set up a committee in the mosque, irrespective of functions

Having committee in mosques is for the purpose of organising events and consultations. There is nothing wrong with it.

As regards the suspension, the man was relieved of duties for hitting a person in the mosque showing disregard for Allah Himself. If he was given a duty in the mosque to perform, he can certainly be relieved of it. Imams can be fired a well if they stump to such lows.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with what has been done. They have not stopped him from coming to the mosque just from giving lectures as a result of indiscipline.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Evidence in the Shari'a for this? by nurd(m): 8:17am On Dec 30, 2014
tbaba1234:

Having committee in mosques is for the purpose of organising events and consultations. There is nothing wrong with it.

As regards the suspension, the man was relieved of duties for hitting a person in the mosque showing disregard for Allah Himself. If he was given a duty in the mosque to perform, he can certainly be relieved of it. Imams can be fired a well if they stump to such lows.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with what has been done. They have not stopped him from coming to the mosque just from giving lectures as a result of indiscipline.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I appreciate that.
Re: Any Evidence in the Shari'a for this? by AlBaqir(m): 9:49am On Dec 30, 2014
In fact, Allah talked and praised His Prophet for his excellent virtue. You are simply not qualify once your words (sermon) do not conform with your deeds. I wonder what this kind of alfa will preach on akhlaq (morals). Surprisingly, their kind might be good in delivering sermons/lectures but followers hardly follow what they say since they failed as a role model (character-wise).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad Appointed Ali As His Successor At Ghadir Khum / Copyright Laws: Making Unpermitted Copies Of Books With The Intention Of Study. / Best Times To Make Du'a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.