Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! (5460 Views)

Woman Names Baby Born During Obama's Trip To Kenya ''air Force One Barack Obama" / South Africa's ANC Calls Israeli Ambassador To Leave The Country / America To Force-implant Mark Of The Beast 666 In Citizens By March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
Israeli Air Force Ranked Mightiest in the World
By Raphael Poch October 30, 2014 , 9:00 am

“Then David said to the Philistine, ‘You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.’” (1 Samuel 17:45)

The Israeli Defense Forces is the strongest military in the Middle East in spite of its relatively small size, according to a new ranking by Business Insider. The Israeli Air Force was ranked as not only the best air force in the Middle East, but in the entire world.

Once considered the underdog of the region, the IDF has come along way since its inception some 66 years ago.

The ranking of Middle Eastern armies were based on various criteria such as strength, budget, size of standing army and number of tanks and aircraft. Other criteria included battle experience with both conventional armies and asymmetrical forces, of which Israel has plenty.

A similar report published earlier in the year ranked the overall military strength of the top 11 militaries in the world. The IDF came in at number eleven. In the earlier ranking, the Turkish military came in eighth, followed by South Korea and Japan, with Israel ranking last.

In spite of the obvious discrepancy, there is little doubt that the IDF is definitely one of the top military powers in the world.

The high overall rankings of the IDF are attributed in part to the “energetic domestic defense industry (which) gives Israel a qualitative edge over all of the region’s other militaries.” Other factors include Israel’s space assets, advanced fighter jets, high tech attack drones as the claim that Israel has nuclear weapons.

While the size of the standing army of the IDF is small (176,500 active frontline personnel or ‘afp’) when compared with other regional powers such as Egypt, (468,500 afp) Turkey (410,500 afp), Saudi Arabia (233,500 afp), Syria (220,000 ), Iraq (271,500) and Iran (545,000), the IDF is praised for its ability to rapidly mobilize its reserves on relatively short notice.

The IDF is also noted for its experience in “securing a few of the most problematic borders on earth,” and for never having “attempted a coup or ruling the country directly, unlike several others on this list.”

“Pilot to pilot, airframe to airframe, the Israeli air force is the best in the world,” said Chris Harmer, a senior naval analyst at the Institute for the Study of War, and with the soon to be delivered state-of-the-art F-35’s the rating should only increase.

However, one of the items that the report neglected to consider is the IDF’s naval prowess. With six new submarines considered to be among the most sophisticated conventionally powered submarines in the world, and which are capable of carrying a combined total of up to 16 torpedoes and Submarine Launched Cruise Missiles (SCLM’s), the naval branch of the IDF vaults the military might of the country even higher.

The cruise missiles on board the Dolphin Class submarines have a range of at least 1,500 km (930 miles) and are widely believed to be equipped with a 200-kilogram (440 lb) nuclear warhead containing up to 6 kilograms (13 lb) of plutonium.

The latter, if true, would provide Israel with an offshore nuclear second strike capability, something that currently only seven other countries in the world possess and one of those, Pakistan, did not make the list of the world’s strongest armies.

To put that into perspective, a Dolphin Class submarine sitting in the Haifa harbor could potentially fire a Cruise missile that would land a mere 70 kilometers outside of Tehran, thus creating a very palpable deterrence for any local or foreign power to outright attack Israel.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/uganda-no-deal-with-israel-for-them-to-dump-their-refugees-here-1.5976136

Read more at http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/23511/israeli-air-force-ranked-mightiest-world/#08gfou8yuAWcWBHU.99

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by borntosave: 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hmm
Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Aybee92(m): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2014
isreal d best since 00BC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
"“Then David said to the Philistine, ‘You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.’" (1 Samuel 17:45)

Read more at http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/23511/israeli-air-force-ranked-mightiest-world/#XsPgeSSl3qF2UcTF.99

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 31, 2014
Wow!

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2015
how can they be the mightiest in the world? What about the US, UK, China, India, NK and Russia; Algeria and Nigeria?

Btw, why quote the bible when many Isrealis are atheists and agnostics?

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by tartar9(m): 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
craziebone:
how can they be the mightiest in the world? What about the US, UK, China, India, NK and Russia; Algeria and Nigeria?

i tire o,jewish butt lickers strongest airforce in the world my butt.israel that is even ashamed of the bible.
Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
craziebone:

The US,UK,Russia,India but the other three,Israel beats them hands down.

I presume the report is calculated through show of force especially since the air force is constantly in its line of duty than most military on earth currently.

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
tartar9:
i tire o,jewish butt lickers strongest airforce in the world my butt.israel that is even ashamed of the bible.
keep quiet! Don't say what you don't know! You wey just siddon for house dey imagine things abi? Have you been to israel before? Israel wey na so so bible things you go see e.g king David avenue abi? My brother, if you no sabi anything just KEEP QUIET!
Bible don bring MASSIVE money to their purse! Have you talked to them one on one in Israel before? My brother KEEP QUIET! The majority Jews for israel, no be Torah dem dey use? Torah no be old testament? Chai

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
What some mumus don't know is that israelites are in us military and they call the shot there abi? Its so possible. And mind you, they only said israel has the strongest "Airforce" and not army(though one of the strongest). Mtcheeeeeeew imagine person dey call Algeria and Nigeria for that list mtcheeeeeeew. The hatred for israel has made some people myopic in their thinking abi? Smh?

3 Likes

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by tartar9(m): 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2015
sbaks:
keep quiet! Don't say what you don't know! You wey just siddon for house dey imagine things abi? Have you been to israel before? Israel wey na so so bible things you go see e.g king David avenue abi? My brother, if you no sabi anything just KEEP QUIET!
Bible don bring MASSIVE money to their purse! Have you talked to them one on one in Israel before? My brother KEEP QUIET! The majority Jews for israel, no be Torah dem dey use? Torah no be old testament? Chai
is it by naming street?why dont they use the torah laws to rule.with their frequent gay pride parade many are even atheist and agnostics.most israelis are hardly religious except from some haredi jews.
Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
tartar9:
is it by naming street?why dont they use the torah laws to rule.with their frequent gay pride parade many are even atheist and agnostics.most israelis are hardly religious except from some haredi jews.
you just sit at home to type rubbish! Do you know if I've been to jerusalem? Mtcheeeeeeew. They have gays, no doubt, atheist who are soooooooo few and good as non-existent, christians not much as well. Jews are the majority. Check to see if the president(Not prime-minister) is not from the royal lineage of david. You just sit at home and imagine rubbish because you don't go out abi? You think Jews are not the ones in the army? You think it is the atheists? Atheism is even worse sef (they would be really treated like outcasts which they are). A country with over 70% Jews? My friend google so that you don't argue blindly

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by celeron40(m): 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Of course..just ask the Syrians about the "Beqaa Valley turkey-shoot"...grin
Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by tartar9(m): 9:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
sbaks:
you just sit at home to type rubbish! Do you know if I've been to jerusalem? Mtcheeeeeeew. They have gays, no doubt, atheist who are soooooooo few and good as non-existent, christians not much as well. Jews are the majority. Check to see if the president(Not prime-minister) is not from the royal lineage of david. You just sit at home and imagine rubbish because you don't go out abi? You think Jews are not the ones in the army? You think it is the atheists? Atheism is even worse sef (they would be really treated like outcasts which they are). A country with over 70% Jews? My friend google so that you don't argue blindly
you are the one argueing blindly,when did i say jews dont make up majority.not all jews believe the bible the same way not all arabs are muslims,the atheist/agnostic even make up according to some estimates 37% of the jewish population and the rest are mostly irreligious.

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
tartar9:
is it by naming street?why dont they use the torah laws to rule.with their frequent gay pride parade many are even atheist and agnostics."most israelis are hardly religious" except from some haredi jews.
helloooooooooo? "MOST?"
Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
tartar9:
you are the one argueing blindly,when did i say jews dont make up majority.not all jews believe the bible the same way not all arabs are muslims,the atheist/agnostic even make up according to some estimates 37% of the jewish population and the rest are mostly irreligious.
thank GOD for google grin grin this is what you were supposed to do before commenting abi?
Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 06, 2015
The only battle experience they have is killing innocent children in palesthine. Strongest indeed !

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
They are not the real hebrews. they come from georgia(khazaria). and they are impostors. their relatives control american government. the real hebrews are founded in west africa. read SONG of SOLOMON 1:6 in the HOLY BIBLE. king solomon described his skin colour to be DARK
Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
borntosave:

Hmm

What do you think?
Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Angelou(m): 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
sbaks:
you just sit at home to type rubbish! Do you know if I've been to jerusalem? Mtcheeeeeeew. They have gays, no doubt, atheist who are soooooooo few and good as non-existent, christians not much as well. Jews are the majority. Check to see if the president(Not prime-minister) is not from the royal lineage of david.
bros na lie u dey lie...the entire people of israeli lost all their genealogical records when d romans attacked them.. After d death of jesus ... Dat is why they adopted d general name "jews" (people of judea district)because no one amongst dem knows d tribe he belongs 2
Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2015
Am not surprised.
The nation has people who are trained as soldiers, almost everyone of them. Also that's one of her unfailed promises God gave to them.

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Rilwayne001: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
"“Then David said to the Philistine, ‘You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.’" (1 Samuel 17:45)

Read more at http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/23511/israeli-air-force-ranked-mightiest-world/#XsPgeSSl3qF2UcTF.99

grin grin Delusion grandeur

2 Likes

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin Delusion grandeur

Have you wondered why all the Islamic nations that surround tiny Israel have not been able to wipe them out till now?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Rilwayne001: 11:49am On Jul 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Have you wondered why all the Islamic nations that surround tiny Israel have not been able to wipe them out till now?

But why are they scared of IRAN?

2 Likes

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

But why are they scared of IRAN?

You guys need to learn from history if you don't want to repeat it. Here is an article to enlighten you.

DCLM Daily Manna
Saturday, April 25, 2015

An Abiding Milestone

TEXT: ESTHER 9:20-28

"And that these days should be remembered and kept throughout every generation, every family, every province, and every city; and that these days of Purim should not fail from among the Jews, nor the memorial of them perish from their seed" (Esther 9:28).

Today, the term "Anti-Semitism" is almost exclusively used to refer to hatred or prejudice against the Jews even though they are not the only Semites. It is puzzling that despite God’s promise to Israel through Abraham that "I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee" (Genesis 12:3; 27:29), the Jews have continued to be the target of unrivaled and mysterious hatred till date.

One of the most menacing occasions when Anti-Semitism reared up its ugly head was when Haman, the chief minister of King Ahasuerus, in 473 B.C. plotted to eliminate the Jews throughout the Medo-Persian Empire. By a providential deliverance, Haman’s plot failed and he was hanged on the gallows which he had erected for Mordecai.

The Jews were also empowered by a counter decree to defend themselves against their enemies. On the day they were supposed to be killed, the Jews got rid of their enemies including the ten sons of Haman.

What followed was the birth of what became an annual commemorative festival called "Purim" which is celebrated on the 14th and 15th of March (Hebrew month of Adar). Purim, meaning "lot", is an ironic reference to Haman’s resort to casting of lot to determine the month and date appropriate for the massacre of the Jews. The lot-casting, which they started on the first month, favoured the 13th day of the last month.

The long intervening period enabled the Jews to seek divine and royal redress and had the wicked decree reversed. Purim, a celebration of God’s intervention, is marked with joyful activities including, candle lights, reading of the book of Esther, sharing and rejoicing. Being delivered from eternal damnation is enough reason for the believer to have constant "Purim".

But even in everyday life, God still delivers His people from every evil plot. Never should we lose sight of the gracious interventions of God "Who delivered us... and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us" (1 Corinthians 1:10).

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALM 131 - 138

Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: "Think of God’s goodness and celebrate"

See more at:

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Rilwayne001: 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You guys need to learn from history if you don't want to repeat it. Here is an article to enlighten you.

Mtsheeew. What does the article have to do with my question

Let me even ask you, are the Jews going to the christian heaven as well?

2 Likes

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Demmzy15(m): 12:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.nairaland.com/2440688/pursuing-strategy-destruction-israel-top/1#35917254

Continue till page 2, I replied parisbookaddict the same garbage you're spilling now!
Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Demmzy15(m): 12:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

What is amazing is that the persecution of Jews were mostly by Christians! They really enjoyed with Muslims and they were protected. Don't turn history around! undecided
Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by parisbookaddict(f): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
Demmzy15:

https://www.nairaland.com/2440688/pursuing-strategy-destruction-israel-top/1#35917254

Continue till page 2, I replied parisbookaddict the same garbage you're spilling now!

OLAADEGBU the fellow demmzy15 didnt make any sense in that thread.... he only made excuses for muslims saying that they were not prepared for war with israel...he conveniently forgot that the muslim nations were the aggressors and thought they could defeat an ill prepared jewish people... but islamic allah once again failed.

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Demmzy15(m): 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
parisbookaddict:

OLAADEGBU the fellow demmzy15 didnt make any sense in that thread.... he only made excuses for muslims saying that they were not prepared for war with israel...he conveniently forgot that the muslim nations were the aggressors and thought they could defeat an ill prepared jewish people... but islamic allah once again failed.
Hahahahaha! A loser speaking, are you scared?! Takkiyah Evangelist [size=18pt]#ChristainsStopTakiyyahNow[/size]
Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by parisbookaddict(f): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
Demmzy15:

Hahahahaha! A loser speaking, are you scared?! Takkiyah Evangelist [size=18pt]#ChristainsStopTakiyyahNow[/size]

For 1400 years , that is 14 centuries, Islam has battled to dominate the world as it is commanded in the Quran. And for 1400 years it has failed and it is failing now more than ever. The latest attempt is ISIS. Several Islamic empires and caliphates came and disappeared into the histories.
Christians and Jews have been persecuted by Muslims as commanded in the quran and have been forced to pay the jizyah for centuries yet Christians still out number Muslims and surpass Islam by farrr in progress and contribution to humanity. The most powerful nation on earth was founded with christain principles and has led the world in progress with science, art etc.
Again after centuries of persecuting Jews they still managed to create a homeland in the very heart of Islamic nations and have progressed even as Muslims attack them daily. They fought a war in 1967 shortly after their creation in 1948, they were attacked by Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Egypt and Iraq who where supported by Algeria, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, Pakistan, the PLO, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, tunisa and YET Israel WON in 6 days. CAN'T you see that the God of Israel saw his people victorious.
1.2 billion Muslims yet 20million Jews dominate Muslims in politics, sciencific breakthrough, arts, economics, education, human rights, inventions, social system, military etc, name a field and Jews are leading the Muslims perhaps with the exception of Islamic studies.. Why are they so blessed even though your book condemns them and calls them pigs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! by Demmzy15(m): 7:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
parisbookaddict:

[s]For 1400 years , that is 14 centuries, Islam has battled to dominate the world as it is commanded in the Quran. And for 1400 years it has failed and it is failing now more than ever. The latest attempt is ISIS. Several Islamic empires and caliphates came and disappeared into the histories.
Christians and Jews have been persecuted by Muslims as commanded in the quran and have been forced to paid the jizyah for centuries yet Christians still out number Muslims and surpass Islam by farrr in progress and contribution to humanity. The most powerful nation on earth was founded with christain principles and has led the world in progress with science, art etc.
Again after centuries of persecuting Jews they still managed to create a homeland in the very heart of Islamic nations and have progressed even as Muslims attack them daily. They fought a war in 1967 shortly after their creation in 1948, they were attacked by Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Egypt and Iraq who where supported by Algeria, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, Pakistan, the PLO, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, tunisa and YET Israel WON in 6 days. CAN'T you see that the God of Israel saw his people victorious.
1.2 billion Muslims yet 20million Jews dominate Muslims in politics, sciencific breakthrough, arts, economics, education, human rights, inventions, social system, military etc, name a field and Jews are leading the Muslims perhaps with the exception of Islamic studies.. Why are they so bless even though your book condemns them and calls them pigs.[/s]
Coward loser! tongue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russia is Sending Troops To Syria - Is This The New Cold War, Or World War III? / Meet The Jew Heading BLM And ANTIFA / Queen Elizabeth's Death:Africans Blast Queen Elizabeth On BBC (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.