Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,793 members, 7,862,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

Barca versus Real Madrid - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barca versus Real Madrid (6474 Views)

Poll: Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Barcelona: 72% (8 votes)
Real Madrid: 18% (2 votes)
Draw: 9% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Osasuna Versus Real Madrid / Must Barca Cheat To Win! / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by vicade(m): 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2008
allboyz:

@ a-40, Not their(EPL) time yet, they are just building it up, they need to prove it!!!!!!!! this will take 5 years of steady and consistent winnings of UCL for me to agree and then the EPL must present  the WORLD BEST FOOTBALLER for like 3 times, FIFA APPROVED not the NLanders approved of CR7, Cheers

I concur.

Ronaldo might win it this year but we all know sooner than later he will be at Real Madrid. The best players play in the best Leagues et la La Liga.

On the other hand do you think Messi will come to the EPL?

When was the last time an EPL player won the world footballer of the year? WHO are the EPL MODERN greats
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by Sauron1: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2008
allboyz:

Maybe when the EPL start present and producing the FIFA's WORLD BEST PLAYER OF THE YEAR for a steady and consistent 3 years reign, then i might be tempted to concur that's the EPL would be the best!!!! Till then, La Liga is the hottest and the best,

Where have La Liga teams reached in the last 4 seasons??
I don't like debating with soccer illiterates but UEFA does not rank the leagues based on the players who have played there.
They rank it based on the club achievements. . . . .What is the use of a world player who cannot lead his team to win the European games??

In the last FIVE YEARS, Premiership teams have overtaken La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga.
By all means, they are the best league in the world.
UEFA coefficients is a testament to that.
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2008
La Liga's credentials include being the home of most Ballon D'or when EPL can consistently produce Ballon D'Or and FIFA player of the years CONSISTENTLY

When they dominate the UEFA cup and the UCL simulataneously

Then we would know They are the best!!!!

2 seasons ago La Liga produced 3 semi finalist in the UEFA cup, Osasuna, Sevilla and Espanyol

EPl should equal this before being considered the BEST!!!!!!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2008
Where have La Liga teams reached in the last 4 seasons??  Diminishing return is pointing its fingers on them for now

I don't like debating with soccer illiterates    i had knew earlier that you strive to get your points

but UEFA does not rank the leagues based on the players who have played there.   Really?

They rank it based on the club achievements. . . . .What is the use of a world player who cannot lead his team to win the European games??   What about Steven Gerrad for liverpool all in the new era? has he won the WORLD FOOTBALLER? or why didn't FIFA gave him? Hmmm i guess then its not by winning the UCL, just as CR7 won't win this year too, Shevy and R10 won repectively for the period L'pool won the UCL

In the last FIVE YEARS, Premiership teams have overtaken La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga.
UEFA coefficients is a testament to that.
 i read the link - though it was only for a consolation for their effort, nothing else, let them provide WORLD FOOTBALLERS, that is why the BEST in the world can't play in the UCL, They know they can get that AWARDS!!!!!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2008
Where have La Liga teams reached in the last 4 seasons?? Diminishing return is pointing its fingers on them for now

I don't like debating with soccer illiterates i had knew earlier that you strive to get your points

but UEFA does not rank the leagues based on the players who have played there. Really?

They rank it based on the club achievements. . . . .What is the use of a world player who cannot lead his team to win the European games?? What about Steven Gerrad for liverpool all in the new era?Huh has he won the WORLD FOOTBALLER? or why didn't FIFA gave him? Hmmm i guess then its not by winning the UCL, just as CR7 won't win this year too, Shevy and R10 won repectively for the period L'pool won the UCL

UEFA coefficients is a testament to that. i read the link - though it was only for a consolation for their effort, nothing else, let them provide WORLD FOOTBALLERS, that is why the[b] BESTs in the world can't play in the EPL, They know they can get that AWARDS!!!!!![/b]

we need consistency!!!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by A40(m): 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2008
@allboyz
Man Utd,Chelsea,Arsenal and Liverpool have all made the UCL Finals in the last 4 seasons!! What makes you think that trend would stop anytime soon?

Name one league in Europe that can boast of such a record
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by Sauron1: 10:44pm On Dec 14, 2008
A-40:

@allboyz
Man Utd,Chelsea,Arsenal and Liverpool have all made the UCL Finals in the last 4 seasons!! What makes you think that trend would stop anytime soon?

Name one league in Europe that can boast of such a record

He is high on cheap weed. . . . .

Quoting Stevie Gerrard. . . . . Did Gerrard win his domestic league while winning the UCL??
Has Gerrard led England to win any major tournament apart from club competition??
Why would he win the world player of the year based on UCL final alone??
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by A40(m): 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2008
@allboyz
I am a Gunner myself i hate Utd with a passion but rating Messi over C.Ron based on their achievements last season is funnier than Dave Chappelle on Comedy Central the thing is C.Ron has no competition its sad to admit but its true no one was fantastic at the Euros and there was hardly any other major tournament that you could bring to the table FIFA have no argument and no justification to deny an EPL player this time
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2008
When Shevy won the FIFA bests, he only played a lost in the UCL and his club came 2nd in the Serie A, and he country nowhere around the top 25 FIFA rankings, didn't you get something from there?

im not saying EPL is not good, But the best players are afraid to come there because of awards, everybody wants to get the FIFA BEST Player, and its not possible in the EPL - Media hype is f**king too much, i would not be surprise if CR7 did  not get that award come JAN O9, infact, am not even looking at his side, FIFA would take Messi instead or maybe Torres for helping Spain in the EURO NATIONS CUPS.

In a nutshell, EPL need consistency!!!!! this would take time for all to be convinced that they are the best!!!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2008
talking of CR7, I would so much LOVE it if he goes to the LA LIGA, I swear, he will not even have any SHOTS OFF Target let alone on TARGET before speaking of goals, Robinho left the LA LIGA and immediately the streets of MANCHESTER knew no CR7 but only ROBINHO, NA WA OOOO
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by Sauron1: 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2008
allboyz:

talking of CR7, I would so much LOVE it if he goes to the LA LIGA, I swear, he will not even have any SHOTS OFF Target let alone on TARGET before speaking of goals, Robinho left the LA LIGA and immediately the streets of MANCHESTER knew no CR7 but only ROBINHO, NA WA OOOO

Stop talking like an illiterate. . . . . .Can u seperate beef talks from reality?

Ronaldo will not have any shots off target?? Are u serious.
He has been leading the stats with shots on target/off target in the last 3 SEASONS in the Premiership.
If he goes to La Liga, he would play the freekicks, get chances and he wld punt shots.
Ronaldo would blaze La Liga apart. . . . . .If Ruud can do it for Madrid, Forlan/Rossi can do it for Villareal, Ronaldo would bomb SPAIN.
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2008
@~Sauron~

let him go first and play his 1st season there before you crucify me o0o0oooo, i bet you,even if foolham or hull even bolton bid for him to be back to the EPL, he will change his mind, i swear!!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 11:12pm On Dec 14, 2008
@ ~Sauron~, look o0o0o, Abeg no vex, look at this issue this way,

if FIFA announces the WORLD FOOTBALLER of the year and it happens to be Messi, what do you think would happen? does that mean that all your fact and believes are wrong?, to be candid, i agree with my Brother A-40 that CR7 deserve that award for this year (merit), but im optimistic that FIFA won't give CR7 - 50% sad shocked
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by Sauron1: 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2008
allboyz:

@ ~Sauron~, look o0o0o, Abeg no vex, look at this issue this way,

if FIFA announces the WORLD FOOTBALLER of the year and it happens to be Messi, what do you think would happen? does that mean that all your fact and believes are wrong?, to be candid, i agree with my Brother A-40 that CR7 deserve that award for this year (merit), but I'm optimistic that FIFA won't give CR7 - 50% sad shocked

How can Messi win WORLD FOOTBALLER of THE YEAR?? Are u dreaming??

Messi had a better chance winning the Ballon d'Or. . . . .Once he missed that, he is finishing this season EMPTY.
What has Messi won in the last 2 years. . . . . .The only medal he won was in an age grade competition.
Chrisantus and Oseni should also be staking claims to FIFA player of the year, afterall they won under 17. . . .That is how u sound.

FIFA player of the year would DEFINITELY go to Ronaldo. . . . . . . . It's an ANTICLIMAX.
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2008
something tells me that CR7 won't get it, i swear to you,

let watch and see, if CR7 gets the award and then next year another EPL player grab it too, then EPL can start counting it steps towards the best league in the world, right now,its just Media "over hyped issues" and a money making venue, simple!!!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by A40(m): 11:40pm On Dec 14, 2008
I don't know how on earth Messi's name even made that list this guy did not do squat last season and this season has not concluded yet i don't even know why he made that short-list i guess its FIFA's bias that a South American is presented somehow whether they merit it or not
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 11:43pm On Dec 14, 2008
and possibly win it !!! lol,
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by Sauron1: 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2008
allboyz:

something tells me that CR7 won't get it, i swear to you,

let watch and see, if CR7 gets the award and then next year another EPL player grab it too, then EPL can start counting it steps towards the best league in the world, right now,its just Media "over hyped  issues" and a money making venue, simple!!!!

U don't know how things work in football. . . . .Lets put this argument to bed, please.
Even La Liga fans world wide know EPL has stolen a march in the last 5 years. . . . .
UEFA coefficients count with what the clubs do in UEFA club competitions.
Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd are AMONGST the TOP SIX teams in Europe.
4 teams from one league and you are here talking about WORLD FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR. . . . .

Kaka was WORLD FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR in 2007. . . . . .How did that help SERIE A teams when they all lost to English sides??
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 11:52pm On Dec 14, 2008
@ sharon

well u may be right that the EPL is getting UEFA recognition lately, yes i agree, especially with my club coming getting to a final and semis with the last 5 years, Kaka won THE WORLD BEST PLAYER, and i think he knows how this things works, in his speech about 2 -3 weeks ago, he said " Messi would win" why did he say that? i know on merit (been realistic and been an obvious observer) CR7 shld get it but FIFA might not just look at that!!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by Sauron1: 11:57pm On Dec 14, 2008
allboyz:

@ sharon

well u may be right that the EPL is getting UEFA recognition lately, yes i agree, especially with my club coming getting to a final and semis with the last 5 years, Kaka won THE WORLD BEST PLAYER, and i think he knows how this things works, in his speech about 2 -3 weeks ago, he said " Messi would win" why did he say that? i know on merit (been realistic and been an obvious observer) CR7 shld get it but FIFA might not just look at that!!!

Are u sure KAKA said Messi should win it?? Kaka has been singing Ronaldo's name for the past 6 weeks.
Messi himself said Ronaldo was the better player.
FIFA has no choice but to name Ronaldo the FIFA player of the year.
No player has ever done what he achieved last season in the history of football.
Hate him or love him. . . . . . .He has set a new standard for midfielders/wingers.
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 12:00am On Dec 15, 2008
How can Messi win WORLD FOOTBALLER of THE YEAR?? Are u dreaming??

[b]Messi had a better chance winning the Ballon d'Or. . . . .[/b]Once he missed that, he is finishing this season EMPTY.
What has Messi won in the last 2 years. . . . . .The only medal he won was in an age grade competition.
Chrisantus and Oseni should also be staking claims to FIFA player of the year, afterall they won under 17. . . .That is how u sound.

FIFA player of the year would DEFINITELY go to Ronaldo. . . . . . . . It's an ANTICLIMAX

Ballon D or is done to favor European players!!!  A south American only wins when he is far ahead of competition
Get your facts right!!!

Let EPL produce multiple player of the years like the La Liga has done to be considered the best!!!

Let them win the UCL UEFA cup Ballon Dor and FIFA to be considered the undisputed Champ

EPL has improved No doubt but to be the best, You have to do what the bests do Produce Players of the year CONSISTENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 12:01am On Dec 15, 2008
i dont have the links here wit me, i swear,KAKA choose MESSI,

and DAYOKANU said it allll
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by Sauron1: 12:32am On Dec 15, 2008
dayokanu:

Ballon D or is done to favor European players!!!  A south American only wins when he is far ahead of competition
Get your facts right!!!

How far ahead was Kaka in 2007?? Dinho in 2005 and Ronaldo in 2009??
Kaka only won the Champions League. . . . . .He was a disgrace to the individual award in SERIE A.
He wasn't even the best player in Serie A when he won the title, he wasn't the league's top scorer and yet HE WON!!!

How can Ballon d'Or be done to favour European players when Ronaldo was more consistent than Kaka in 2007.
I now agree SPERMFLAKES occupy where your brain cells should sit.
U know nowt about European football.
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 12:38am On Dec 15, 2008
shocked undecided
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 12:39am On Dec 15, 2008
It was a trap question and You fell into it.

Tell me any year a South American won the Ballon D'or and did not win the FIFA awards!!!

You are so dumb!!!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by Sauron1: 12:54am On Dec 15, 2008
dayokanu:

It was a trap question and You fell into it.

Tell me any year a South American won the Ballon D'or and did not win the FIFA awards!!!

You are so dumb!!!!

How does that affect the price of fish, u ignoramus??

U came here spewing nonsense that Ballon d'Or are made to favour STRICTLY European players.
I corrected you some South Americans have won it without really being outstanding in the year they won it and u are talking about trap question.
Where is the entrapment?? Did u ask me if FIFA world player recipients have also won Ballon d'Or or what are u on about??

Your cognitive skill and your uncanny ability NOT to grasp basic concept is appaling. U are a boil on the ass of HUMANITY.
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 1:24am On Dec 15, 2008
Matthias Sammer won Ballon in 1996 without making top 3 in the FIFA awards

Shevy won Ballon in 2004 without making top 2 in FIFA awards.

The FIFA awards these years were won by South Americans

How far ahead was Kaka in 2007?? Dinho in 2005 and Ronaldo in 2009??
Kaka only won the Champions League. . . . . .He was a disgrace to the individual award in SERIE A.
He wasn't even the best player in Serie A when he won the title, he wasn't the league's top scorer and yet HE WON!!!

Was Zidane ever Highest goal scorer before he won thrice? why not RvN if its by Highest goal scorer?

who was best player in Serie A when Kaka won
Kaka was overwhelming favourite in 2007 and Dinho won on all stakes in 2005 what are you on?

You really need a brain surgery fast
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 7:58am On Dec 15, 2008
Morning NL

Men, i just woke up now and discover that you guyz are still on these issue, then lets continue till possibly the day FIFA would give it awards out - i strongly believe that FIFA won't just give it to any EPL player yet until they(EPL) have proven Their consistency, FIFA don't "really believe" in the EPL,

the games are base on cheat., you see[b] penalty given in 50% of every EPL weekend games,offside/onsides rules are very bad,worse referee decisions in the EPL, CR7 ,most goals last year and this year were scored from unmerited cheap penalties due to poor referee decisions[/b],

the E[b]PL NEEDS TIME AND MUST PROVE CONSISTENCY[/b], !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2008
The EPL has the worst referees in the game!!!

Mike Riley, Clattenbutt and the father of them Graham Poll who handed 3 yellow cards to a player at the world cup!!!!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 8:30am On Dec 15, 2008
its also on this facts the FIFA aren't still convince that they are the BEST, though THE EPL seem like it lately, but until they prove consistency and produce WORLD CLASS TALENT, Nothing for them o0o0, on this base, FIFA would give MESSI that award and CR7 wuld have to wait till nxt yr when he joins the legends in the LA LIGA, b4 he can try out is ass luck!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by coolguyz(m): 10:36am On Dec 15, 2008
i cant but step into this discussion after sitting on the fence reading various posts.

my OWN opinion on the issue, (b4 some pple take it personal and start reeling insults)

Spanish league is still the destination of world's best players, where football is played and rewarded based on skills, (CR recognises dt and would die to play in spain). one advantage for spanish league is that apart from the great barca and madrid, other teams hv broken into the uefa scene and shown well. we all remember the valencia exploits in uefa champions, sevilla came from nowhere to shock the world, espanyol did same and name them.

EPL has the problem that only its great 4 teams still carry its flag year in year out. when u remove the media hype, its nothing more that a game of 4 teams. thats why with money being pumped into some of the lower teams, we hope to see a change in the hierarchy back tio what obtains in the pre 90s. it would be good for the game now when attnetion is more.

Thierry never won any major award cos he was in EPL not becos he ddnt win the league or awards, imagine he was in la liga and i can bet u, he would hv bn crowned once as a world great.

On awards for FIFA best, well i can say CR but pundits have lots against him. they say a world best shouldnt be a local league champion. CR has not lived up to his name when it matters most in major matches. that is where messi has performed better but for an injury plagued season he endured last season but still has incredible goals and bn instrumental in his country's matches age grade and national, (he was key to their earlier fine run in world cup qualifiers). CR may be given to crown an impressive year he had wt his club bt not an incredible year on the world stage. being a club great is nt equivalent to a world great. but all said, i gv this year to him. u can bet thats all he can win cos i dnt see him near the world stage again except EPL improves better wt consistency and he performs better at national levels, all his participation in portugal's qualifiers hv nt been impressive and we'v nt forgotten Euro champs where he was rily over-shadowed as well.

i already stked it 2009 and 2010 world footballer of the year goes to Messi, that boy is football impersonified!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 10:54am On Dec 15, 2008
@COOLGUYZ,

U talk .

CONSISTENCY!!!! abeg i no fit shout!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Leicester City: EFL Cup (3 - 1) On 27th September 2023 / Messi Wants To Play For Chelsea: Picture! / Chelsea Host Manchester United On April 29!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.