Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,318 members, 7,867,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:29 AM

Barca versus Real Madrid - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barca versus Real Madrid (6483 Views)

Poll: Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Barcelona: 72% (8 votes)
Real Madrid: 18% (2 votes)
Draw: 9% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Osasuna Versus Real Madrid / Must Barca Cheat To Win! / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by edoyad(m): 11:28am On Dec 15, 2008
coolguyz:

EPL has the problem that only its great 4 teams still carry its flag year in year out. when u remove the media hype, its nothing more that a game of 4 teams. thats why with money being pumped into some of the lower teams, we hope to see a change in the hierarchy back tio what obtains in the pre 90s. it would be good for the game now when attnetion is more.

Excuse me sir ! The EPL has produced 4 different teams in the champ league in the last 4 years alone. The EPL has produced 2 champ league winners in the last 3 years. What has any other league produced? Year in year out the premier league teams destroy their counterparts in europe like homeless dogs. This is putting into consideration that England is a country of only 30 million plus people in contrast to many of the mainland countries that have twice that number. You also have to note that politics plays a big part in football and politics is a game of numbers(population) which england doesn't have.
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by quadrillio(m): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2008
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by coolguyz(m): 1:33pm On Dec 15, 2008
@edoyad

i guess u ddnt interprete dt my quote well. i sed EPL has just 4 teams flying its flag in recent tyms. noone's disputing their conquest. bt other leagues produce durprise packages in either UEFA champions or UEFA cup, i'm sure u cant disprove dt. now in the last 10 years apart from the top four man utd, chelsea, liverpool and arsenal hw many other english team has rily impressed. the nearest any other came to was middlesborough that was destryed haplessly in the final by a spanish team 4-0.
it is on the premise i sed its interesting that other teams in EPL are being pumped with money and i hope this will change things soonest. hope u get my drift better now?
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2008
too much long talk, La liga is the hottest, EPL is just growing
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by romeo(m): 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2008
La Liga is da liga wink
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by mufikings(m): 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2008
LALIGA HAS CLASS ATTACHED TO IT,THAT'S WHY THE WORLDS GREATS HAVE ALWAYS CONSISTENTLY MADE IT THEIR DESTINATION POINT.

WITH THE MATCH AGAINST MADRID, NOW WE KNOW WHO'S IN CHARGE THIS TIME AROUND, BARCA 2 MADRID 0, BARCA 4 LIFE, WE TOO GOOD !! cool

Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by edoyad(m): 6:29pm On Dec 16, 2008
coolguyz:

@edoyad

i guess u ddnt interprete dt my quote well. i sed EPL has just 4 teams flying its flag in recent tyms. noone's disputing their conquest. bt other leagues produce durprise packages in either UEFA champions or UEFA cup, i'm sure u can't disprove dt. now in the last 10 years apart from the top four man utd, chelsea, liverpool and arsenal hw many other english team has rily impressed. the nearest any other came to was middlesborough that was destryed haplessly in the final by a spanish team 4-0.
it is on the premise i sed its interesting that other teams in EPL are being pumped with money and i hope this will change things soonest. hope u get my drift better now?

I can't deny you have a point. It's like la liga teams are becoming UEFA cup teams(LOL)
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by Sauron1: 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2008
romeo:

La Liga is da liga wink

La Liga is inferior to EPL. . . . . .The best XI in EPL would beat the best XI in La Liga 8-0.
The forward line of Torres, Ronaldo and Drogba are unstoppable!!!

Back to the argument. . . . . .The UEFA coefficients is the best yardstick of measuring the strength of em leagues.
It ranks EPL as the best. EPL's big 4 are all seeded in Europe due to their performances in UCL in the last 5 years.
Spain doing well in UEFA competition is because any of them bar Madrid/Barca do play in UEFA cup.
It's like Arsenal or Liverpool playing in the UEFA cup. . . . . .Of course, they would blaze it like inferno.
La Liga do not have the BIG 4 like the EPL so when the 3rd/4th best team don't play the UCLThey go to dominate the UEFA cup.
Playing in the UEFA cup is totally UNACCEPTABLE/TABOO for clubs like Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea.
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by allboyz(m): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2008
Na wa o0o, still on this topic?

i still stand by saying that, the la liga is the best for now, EPL are still growing to attain that height, it might be true that UEFA may have given EPL the top spot in that "malicious" site, but mind you, some facts may be prove wrong.

lets be sincere to our self, if you were a footballer and you think you have played well all through the year,and FIFA didn't gave you the WORLD BEST awards, don't you think you need to change and check what went wrong? this had happened so many times in the EPL especially with Henry IGWE 1, Zola,Cantona and the likes, thanks to Henry's swaps to the la liga, but it was rather too late, he lost his form and age is already counting against him,

well,the EPL needs to provide qualitative referee officials,too much of media hype,elaborate wages given to players and above all, consistency and must produce a WORLD BEST for at least 3 times out of the next 5 years for us to agree that they are the WORTHY CHAMPS.

The cateria can be achieve by the EPL especially with the immigration of lots and lots of foreign players into their league this days , though mainly for the money,easy way to fortune,wanting to be in the news and all sort of cheap recognition anyway,

for NOW, LA LIGA is the BEST, just that, they have some challenges now with often happens to every living thing!!!!

Cheers
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by Walexdinho(m): 1:04pm On Dec 18, 2008
Up barca. We won. Messi n etoo made it through at last. Barca 4 life.
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by romeo(m): 8:58am On Dec 20, 2008
~Sauron~:

La Liga is inferior to EPL. . . . . .The best XI in EPL would beat the best XI in La Liga 8-0.
The forward line of Torres, Ronaldo and Drogba are unstoppable!!!

Sauron Please listen to Gandalf!!

EPL can be exciting if we measure the acoustic polution that accompanies all their matches. The best XI from EPL can not beat Spanish Segunda B (3rd division).

You pulled their names from 3 big clubs. wow!! goes to show how scarce stars can be in EPL. Barcelona alone has 4 stikers better than your EPL's best. Can you beat that?

And you failed to discuss your EPL best XI playmakers in the midfield! Ohh i forgot they don't plan their games cheesy, they kick from post to post and hope for a chance to score goal. So boring and more like Rugby.

Champions league is on! Let's wait and see.

From Gandalf the grey grin grin
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by edoyad(m): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2008
romeo:

Sauron Please listen to Gandalf!!

EPL can be exciting if we measure the acoustic polution that accompanies all their matches. The best XI from EPL can not beat Spanish Segunda B (3rd division).

You pulled their names from 3 big clubs. wow!! goes to show how scarce stars can be in EPL. Barcelona alone has 4 stikers better than your EPL's best. Can you beat that?

And you failed to discuss your EPL best XI playmakers in the midfield! Ohh i forgot they don't plan their games cheesy, they kick from post to post and hope for a chance to score goal. So boring and more like Rugby.

Champions league is on! Let's wait and see.

From Gandalf the grey grin grin

Dude are you drugs ?

Just because Barca go round demolishing la liga teams with those mediocres doesn't make them better than EPL strikers. Why couldn't they knock Mancs out of last seasons ECL ?
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by romeo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2008
edoyad:

Dude are you drugs ?

Just because Barca go round demolishing la liga teams with those mediocres doesn't make them better than EPL strikers. Why couldn't they knock Mancs out of last seasons ECL ?

Must I respond every post in Nairaland? NOOO!!!
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by Walexdinho(m): 12:44am On Dec 27, 2008
Barca is hutter than fire we need some H20.Is not easy.My team is really impressing, Up barca.
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by edoyad(m): 2:25pm On Dec 29, 2008
Walexdinho:

Barca is hutter than fire we need some H20.Is not easy.My team is really impressing, Up barca.

Let's see if the fire won't end up burning up the person who started it.
Re: Barca versus Real Madrid by Walexdinho(m): 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2008
am confident of beating real home n away dis season. Up barca. My best midfider is back 4 fully n back 4 good. Andre iniesta.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Messi Wants To Play For Chelsea: Picture! / Liverpool Vs Leicester City: EFL Cup (3 - 1) On 27th September 2023 / Chelsea Host Manchester United On April 29!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.