Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:34 AM

The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 (1435 Views)

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist / Best Books You've Read This Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
I have read books this year,a couple of them cutting across different authors and cutting across different settings and themes...
Its been a successful reading year and my top picks are:
Not the end of the world-----by Christopher Brookmyre
Little Prisoner by Casey Watson
Sycamore Row by John Grisham
Angel of the Dark by Sidney Sheldon
A thousand splendid suns
There was a country by Chinua Achebe
These are my top picks...

Come in and share yours
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by emitope: 10:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
I read. Black, White & Red ; all by Ted Decker. I also read Deception point by Dan Brown; Debt of Honour, Rainbow Six & The Bear & the Dragon all by Tom Clancy. These r d novels I cud read outside my normal career related books & as much as time permitted...

1 Like

Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
emitope:
I read. Black, White & Red ; all by Ted Decker. I also read Deception point by Dan Brown; Debt of Honour, Rainbow Six & The Bear & the Dragon all by Tom Clancy. These r d novels I cud read outside my normal career related books & as much as time permitted...
That's so cool...Nice reading u've got too..
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by obiZEAL(m): 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
The Tastament- John Grisham
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by AfricanApple(f): 1:38am On Dec 31, 2014
bible and the Quran
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by alizenbohr: 2:21am On Dec 31, 2014
emitope:

I finally meet someone who's read Ted Decker's Trilogy on Thomas Hunter.
But there's also Green in the Series (Circle).

I do have some of his other pdf e-novels; maybe we could trade (e-books).
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by herald9: 5:19am On Dec 31, 2014
Finally,I've downloaded all John Grisham's 28 novels...smiley

Best books I've read this year?

Harry Potter collection
The Chamber
The Runaway Jury
Half of a Yellow Sun ...etc
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by Nobody: 5:48am On Dec 31, 2014
obiZEAL:
The Tastament- John Grisham
Nice one..John Grisham and law
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 31, 2014
AfricanApple:
bible and the Quran
U can read o
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 31, 2014
herald9:
Finally,I've downloaded all John Grisham's 28 novels...smiley

Best books I've read this year?

Harry Potter collection
The Chamber
The Runaway Jury
Half of a Yellow Sun ...etc
A good reading year for you
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 31, 2014
alizenbohr:

I finally meet someone who's read Ted Decker's Trilogy on Thomas Hunter.
But there's also Green in the Series (Circle).

I do have some of his other pdf e-novels; maybe we could trade (e-books).
Time to expand my collections too
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by herald9: 5:53am On Dec 31, 2014
Peterjosh:

A good reading year for you
same to you bruv.smiley

1 Like

Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by AfricanApple(f): 9:30am On Dec 31, 2014
Peterjosh:

U can read o
grin me sef surprise o
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by calcus(m): 10:12am On Dec 31, 2014
I read a lot of books but the ones I loved are Tell me your dreams by Sidney Sheldon(the best book I read this year), Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda and The Famished Road by Ben Okri...
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 31, 2014
AfricanApple:
grin me sef surprise o
Or are u a student of religious studies
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 31, 2014
calcus:
I read a lot of books but the ones I loved are Tell me your dreams by Sidney Sheldon(the best book I read this year), Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda and The Famished Road by Ben Okri...
Nice books u've got there...Good reading year!!!!
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by AfricanApple(f): 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
Peterjosh:

Or are u a student of religious studies
wey I won take am do?
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
AfricanApple:
wey I won take am do?
Everything....bi-religious
Re: The Best Books You Read This Year........2014 by Crowny1(f): 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
I've read the Percy Jackson series and the Heroes of Olympus series. 13 books all by Rick Riordan.
Price of Love- Susan Napier
The Hunger Games
Perfect Chemistry- Simone Elkeles
Harry Potter Series. 7 books by Joanne .K. Rowling
Wait for you- J. Lynn
Zoe- T.A Ford
If I keep naming, I won't stop. I'm crazy about Literature

(1) (Reply)

Necho,the Demon Unleashed. Pt2 / How To Tell The Time On A Clock In Yoruba / Google Remembers Buchi Emecheta 2years After Her Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.