Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 (38779 Views)

Top 20 Used Cars To Avoid / New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page / Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by oliverjiad(m): 2:04am On Jan 01, 2015
grin lolz
calculusx:
Happy New Year to all NLer

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/no-new-levy-on-tokunbo-cars-yet-jala/198079/?utm_medium=twitter

I hereby declare this thread closed till further notice grin
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by tonychristopher: 2:18am On Jan 01, 2015
redcliff:

You have a poor mans mentality..did you consider quality/brand? E.g you cant compare a tecno to an iphone!

This is the fairy used mentality ...dude I have a car and I regret it daily buying tokunbo...I don't know why you think used

Even if it is highest brand there is no way you can compare a brand new car with a fairly used

What is wrong with your reasoning

You can't compare a brand new techno with fairly used BlackBerry
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by calculusx(m): 8:54am On Jan 01, 2015
oliverjiad:
grin lolz

FG is very funny. The increment will take effect April 30th after which election would have been conducted. I will never vote for a shoeless man cos he can never be trusted.

1 Like

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by oliverjiad(m): 9:01am On Jan 01, 2015
calculusx:

FG is very funny. The increment will take effect April 30th after which election would have been conducted. I will never vote for a shoeless man cos he can never be trusted.
yes ooo oga mi Jonat[s][/s]han mtcheew
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by tiwanitiwa: 9:46am On Jan 01, 2015
989900:
1. The increment is too steep.
2. We have corrupt enforcers.
3. We have Cotonou.
4. We have a very unstable Naira.
5. Low power generation.
6. Almost no refineries (which is sad) to make pump prices lower (vehicles need fuel+other economic reasons).
7. Government subsidized vehicle loans will be great, to speed up growth of local car manufacturers.
P.S. The intents are good, but the execution is poor as always.

Makes sense!

2 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by oliverjiad(m): 10:03am On Jan 01, 2015
tiwanitiwa:

Makes sense!
yes it makes for real

1 Like

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 01, 2015
kennaustine:
^^^ Whats really wrong with y'all APC propagandist? The increase in tariffs for imported automobile is to encourage local automobile manufacturers. Common SS2 Economics student will tell you that one way of encouraging local production is increasing import tariffs. That's called Import Substitution Strategy. Aren't you ashamed that Nigeria has become a dumping ground for every kind of crap produced in other climes? We have Innoson, PAN, ANNAMCO, VON, Nissan and other automobile manufacturers in Nigeria and we know that government is trying to revitalize them so as to boosts our economy. Yet you criticize this one very good move government makes to see to its realization. Many of these imported cars have been used for above five years and then they're moved to Nigeria for dumping, after which when you buy, you'll use for no more than three years and the money u would have spent on repairs and maintenance may have exceeded the original cost. Some brand new Innoson cars go for 1.5m and they're trying to beat it down to 1m. So which is better ; buying a brand new car for 1.5m and enjoying it for 3 to 4 years without excessive repair cost or buying a tokie car for 800thousand and spending over 500thousand on repairs in 3 years. A relation of mine has spent about 300th on repairs on a tokie car he bought for about 800th and the car IS STILL HAVING ISSUES. Wont it have been better to just buy a brand new made-in-Nigeria car and save yourself some unecessary stress. Why are we so used to cheap craps and worthless articles? Is that what APC wants for us? SMH. Which way Nigeria? #SeeBeyondPropaganda

Fool...you are so quick to celebrate our stupidity anf crass ignornace. Have you for a moment stopped to think why should a policy was enacted in the first place? Are you smarter than tons of people who have condemned the timing of this policy?
Now for starters...you don't increase tariff of imported vehicles just to stimate local. Production. You mention innoson? How many vehcles does the company produce in a year? Enough to satisfy local demand?the bloody policy Is barely a year old,how many autommotive plants are actively churning out vehicles? You don't slam tariffs when you can't even take care of demand...you ease it in slowly...you say the cars will cost 1m...is it spit that will power the plants or wood will be used tbuold the cars...? the power and steel industry is vastly underdeveloped,thanks the clueless one...
The policy is good but thhe timing is bad .get the powe and steel running then cost of productionwill come down...then no one will bother with used vehicles

3 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Fhemmmy: 5:41pm On Jan 01, 2015
calculusx:
Happy New Year to all

I hereby declare this thread closed till further notice grin

I will still not sleep with both eyes on this news, last year even after the first 35% was already in place, the government denied it.
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by oliverjiad(m): 8:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I will still not sleep with both eyes on this news, last year even after the first 35% was already in place, the government denied it.
yes u are right,but u should keep praying

Regards

Jaid
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Fhemmmy: 9:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
oliverjiad:

Regards

Jaid

Chairman at the top, hunger makes people to accept anything.... till we rise up and say enough is enough, Nigerians will be refugee in their own land, the sons and daughters of the king will eat crumbs while the dog eats at the table.... prayer has time and action has time.
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by oliverjiad(m): 10:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Chairman at the top, hunger makes people to accept anything.... till we rise up and say enough is enough, Nigerians will be refugee in their own land, the sons and daughters of the king will eat crumbs while the dog eats at the table.... prayer has time and action has time.
abi but who go front is d problem of nigerians that's y 70% is kicking at d corner
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Fhemmmy: 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
oliverjiad:
abi but who go front is d problem of nigerians that's y 70% is kicking at d corner

Who will start has always been the problem
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by oliverjiad(m): 10:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Who will start has always been the problem
bcus no. Body won die grin,thats why we are still slaves for the merciless politicians angry
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Fhemmmy: 10:26pm On Jan 01, 2015
oliverjiad:
bcus no. Body won die grin,thats why we are still slaves for the merciless politicians angry

Everyone always wanna go to heaven but without death shocked even the one that does will be insulted at his or her death, what a nation we gt.
These are why the leaders are recycling themselves and friends, that is why the reward for them is our inheritance
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by oliverjiad(m): 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
[quote author=Fhemmmy post=29405336]

Everyone always wanna go to heaven but without death shocked even the one that does will be insulted at his or her death, what a nation we gt.
These are why the leaders are recycling themselves and friends, that is why the reward for them is our inheritance
[/quote. U. Can imagine that,but I believe one day an end will come to this for sure,believe m,i pray buhari is welcome in
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Fhemmmy: 5:14am On Jan 02, 2015
[quote author=oliverjiad post=29405661][/quote]

I just want whoever zGod want jare, I wanted GEJ so bad last time

1 Like

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by oliverjiad(m): 7:10am On Jan 02, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I just want whoever zGod want jare, I wanted GEJ so bad last time
but now GEJ FK nah me sef vote for am den but let c buhari nah
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by calculusx(m): 7:12am On Jan 02, 2015
oliverjiad:
Regards
Jaid

Nigerians and Prayer shaa grin we need action like Fhemmy said,prayer is good but our action after praying should speak louder. GOD won't come down from heaven to help us,we need to have some balls to stop our generation from this mess
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by oliverjiad(m): 7:17am On Jan 02, 2015
calculusx:

Nigerians and Prayer shaa grin we need action like Fhemmy said,prayer is good but our action after praying should speak louder. GOD won't come down from heaven to help us,we need to have some balls to stop our generation from this mess
oga m,u fit front grin
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by calculusx(m): 7:32am On Jan 02, 2015
oliverjiad:
oga m,u fit front grin

In Fela's word; we fear to fight for freedom and Liberty. We always have reason to fear. Sure I can but the battle can't b lead by just 1 man. The battle in Egypt 2years ago wasn't let by just 1man,its a collective effort and responsibility
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by mexxy1(m): 8:47am On Jan 02, 2015
I don't see how and why any normal human will applaud the Federal government for "listening to the people"?
A government with purpose and a proper agenda for it's citizens will go ahead with the plan if it's reasons are genuine not waiting to get votes then purnish the same voters after winning elections with harsh economic policies.
How many Innoson vehicles do we have in the President's fleet?
Does any member of the FEC, Senate or House of Reps use the said Innoson?

How come the partner banks are coming in from South Africa? Are there no banks in Nigeria with capacity to partner with in the automotive loan scheme?
How does this encourage our economy?

When pump price of PMS was increased, we were told the refineries will be fixed within six months of that same year and the 'contract had been signed'... Two years down the line, we still import petroleum products.

I reside in Eleme, Rivers state where we have the two refineries sited yet bought PMS last week at #100/litre. As if that was not enough, I drove in to buy again on the 22nd and the same station sold me PMS at #105/litre and when I asked why, the pump attendants said that was what they were asked to sell and it was clearly showing on the pump screen.
Do I take this government and her policies seriously? I don't think so.

What we need is a change sadly, I don't see a better choose out there. That's why I chose to remain apolitical.
Back to the topic... We have a long way to go as a nation.
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by oliverjiad(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2015
calculusx:

In Fela's word; we fear to fight for freedom and Liberty. We always have reason to fear. Sure I can but the battle can't b lead by just 1 man. The battle in Egypt 2years ago wasn't let by just 1man,its a collective effort and responsibility
yea I dey ur side bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) / Photos From The Official Launch Of Suzuki In Nigeria / Made-in-Nigeria Limousine And Hummer Jeep!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.