Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? (3089 Views)

Can Jonathan Win The SW And Half Of The North? / States With The Highest Voting Strength: Can Jonathan Escape This? / Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by Ikomi(m): 11:53am On Feb 11, 2010
Now that Jonathan Goodluck is the acting president, the only question that goes through my mind is can he deliver on the 7 point agenda even if given a chance of a 4 year term.
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by PaKen: 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2010
Ikomi:

Now that Jonathan Goodluck is the acting president, the only question that goes through my mind is can he deliver on the 7 point agenda even if given a chance of a 4 year term.

He will deliver the 7-point agenda cos he doesnt hv daughters 2 marry off 2 governors and he is medically sound - no pericarditis, kidney or liver wahala
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by oluking: 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2010
please with all sense of honesty. do you really believe you deserve a response?.how can we tell if he will deliver? i am not a wizard.
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by dewoo203: 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2010
let wait nd see.
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by ezeagu(m): 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2010
I think he's a male, so he probably won't be delivering anytime soon as that is biologically impossible.
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by DisGuy: 2:55pm On Feb 11, 2010
Not really, but atleast nigerian will feel better having someone they can call president and he is southerner too just how mekus like them cheesy
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by ELEOVIE(m): 2:56pm On Feb 11, 2010
Ikomi:

Honestly, I think he has a vision for this country (at least he has seen first hand the degree of rot that exists in the FG - Aondaokaa and Co.)and he will likely carry it out. What I don't know is if those who push for this demonic South-North Presidential rotation system which robs us of our fundamental voting rights will allow him.
I say this because in Nigeria, even if you have done the best, the other region will always tell you that its their turn and this is one of our greatest problem.
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by safeact(m): 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2010
D answer is YES and NO! Excuse me pass jare
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by jumie(f): 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2010
ezeagu:

I think he's a male, so he probably won't be delivering anytime soon as that is biologically impossible.

grin grin grin That was very funny!!! grin grin grin
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2010
7point agenda
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by chrisical(m): 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2010
If he is entirely focused on the needs of nigerians,that will be fine.
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by Hadone(m): 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2010
Insha Allah. Because i am confident that the guy can perform very well. May Allah grant him more wisdom to serve Nigeria better. And good health to our sick president.
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by PastorOla1: 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2010
This is new begining in the life of our dear Nation. Let us pray for The Acting President to succed. Am of the opinion our Acting President will definately Deliver. I wish him all the best.
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by beknown(m): 4:50pm On Feb 11, 2010
As a people, let us be optimistic for once. He will deliver.

Removing Aondoaka is his first successful delivery.

His characteristics are positive - not sick, well educated, experienced, responsible parent/husband and he will not rely 100% on advisers.

All Nigerians must be ready to support him. How?

- Let us quit corruption.
- Let us support him with our conscience and whole heart.
- Let us help each other with open mind and with no strings attached.

If all these happen, Nigeria will develop by force before next election.
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by Bongoman1: 5:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by femorra(m): 5:38pm On Feb 11, 2010
you guys talk like yaradua is dead! what if he comes back next week? what can a one week president do?
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 11, 2010
femorra:

you guys talk like yaradua is dead! what if he comes back next week? what can a one week president do?
They don buy you abi?
How much did they pay you this muttalab?
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by femorra(m): 7:32pm On Feb 11, 2010
Ifedy i no be muttallab o! i just dey fear, i dont want our joy to be shortlived, Jonathan na my guy
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by abbeygee(m): 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2010
Why are we talkin as if we dont know typical naija politics,simply because Jonathan is not the problem but the frustrated cabinet member ESP YAR'DUA LOYALISTS dat are ready to force him doin dia selfish wishful desire, May god punish em all.
But if only 4 him to operate freely he wil stil to some extent deliver GOODLUCK 2US , wink cool undecided cry kiss cry undecided
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by abbeygee(m): 8:36pm On Feb 11, 2010
Ezeagu I think he's a male, so he probably won't be delivering anytime soon as that is biologically [color=#770077][/color]

Get serious abeg,dis is not funny at allllll,matter of national worry.
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by Gbawe: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2010
My heart want's to believe that he will deliver but my head says he will not. I simply cannot let myself get carried away by another Nigerian President who has emerged by selection. So far , and since our current democratic sojourn , selected leaders (OBJ and Yardy) have failed to deliver in areas that matter most (eg power and infrastructure) because those that selected them have made them understand that the 'Presidential deal' is that the main problems of Nigeria must remain so that they , the Kingmakers, can continue to feed fat. I doubt Jonathan will be different. He has 'tunes' he must dance to . Also , Jonathan's record as an administrator is ordinary at best, if we are to be brutally and analytically frank . I fervently hope to be proven wrong.
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2010
femorra:

Ifedy i no be muttallab o! i just dey fear, i dont want our joy to be shortlived, Jonathan na my guy

You for don talk tey tey say u be one of us,  abeg next time dey show your I.D card make person no dey mistake u for muttalab
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by hilli666(m): 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
Fa, Fa, Fa, fowl or foul, wich eva one. (One na bird the other one na referee talk am)
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by newdeal(m): 9:48pm On Feb 11, 2010
I don't think so.
Some couple of populist decisions here and there to cool down peoples' temper, yes, but do
not expect too much, the man will just play safe to complete the remaining months of this ill-fated tenure.
Don't forget the circumstances through which he came on board
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by chelseabmw(m): 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2010
lets wait and see if he will deliver or not
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by Str8talk: 11:16pm On Feb 11, 2010
Johnathan is a member of PDP and has been around corridors of power since 1999

So what is suddenly different about him?
Did he single handedly win ellection into office? Can he dump PDP?
Can he persistently thump his nose at the national assembly?

Somebody said ", and he is a southerner, " What about the murderous and manipulative Obj? Was he not a southerner?
And by the way, are those thieving governors in the South from the North?

Every time a new person becomes president, we raise our expectations so high as if we have never been jilted before.
We should not behave like a virgin on her wedding night; we have been married and bitterly divorced so many times!
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by jamace(m): 11:54pm On Feb 11, 2010
Lets give him a chance and hope for a better performance. Posterity will judge.
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by okunoba(m): 3:02am On Feb 12, 2010
@stra8talk, u are so right "are those thieving governors in the South from the North" Expect no miracles with Goodluck
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by newdeal(m): 9:29am On Feb 12, 2010
On a lighter note, i got this mail this morning, don't know how true though:

[b]“In your own (best) interest, no matter the position you are offered in ANY organisation (Office, Church, Meeting/Club, Party Planning, Tenants’ Association, Activist, etc), if your Deputy is named "Goodluck”, PLEASE DECLINE,  even if it is UN Secretary General or Head of African Union, whatever, JUST DECLINE! Should you think I am joking, check these facts:

*Goodluck was Assistant Head Boy in primary school. The Head Boy got expelled. Goodluck took over.
          * Goodluck was Assistant Senior Prefect in secondary school, the Senior Prefect died, Goodluck took over.
          *Goodluck was Deputy Local Government Chairman. The Chairman got implicated in corruption and got removed
            from office.  Goodluck took over
         *Goodluck was deputy governor to Alameiseigha. We all know that story
         * Goodluck was Vice President to President Yar’Adua:- PERICADIATIS!
A friend of mine just called off his Church Wedding. Why? His BestMan’s name is Goodluck!!!
[/b]

smiley
Re: Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver? by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 12, 2010
Is Quite unfortunate that our sick presidenet doest want to resign and concentrate on his health situation, i think Obasanjo got all this worked up and knows it will result to this, The Notion that the presidecy sit of Nigerians belongs to the Northern part of the country is fast becoming a folk tales, well that the way it suppose to be.Now the southern has the position for a while and i wonder how long is going to last because those co-called Northern Politicans will not side back and watch the senero, There something wrong somewhere,
No body want co-called yaradua dead.But he should humbly resign so that his fate wont be like Abacha, (Black man, dey fins strong thing first)
I wonder the mentality of some Nigerians out there in the government,
The matter good luck delivering depends on the amount of co-operation he can get,
2011 election is at the corner, only God knows what will happen to the fate of this fragile Nation, make we dey sidon look,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway / UK Boosts Nigeria's Infrastructure Development With £90B Fund / Nigerian States And Revenue Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.