Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,708 members, 7,855,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:09 PM

Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools (13500 Views)

Application For Admission Into Federal Government Unity Schools 2016 Is Ongoing / Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
Brb
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by elantraceey(f): 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
The way federal schools are now expensive even amazes me and their standard is on a decrease .
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
Another Illegal way to generate money for selfish purpose
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by baybeeboi: 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
wow!
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by seangy4konji: 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
Better. I heard it on radio. So is unity school students the only ones that needs insurance?most of this government workers have their students in unity school and who owns the insurance companies?

They do not have the love of common citizens at heart that's even why chibok girls are still missing by and they are all concerned about unity schools?so all those is fggc schools are not students?primary shool students are my human beings

God will save Nigeria from this heartless people.

1 Like

Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by Kingsimmer(m): 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
wth
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by baybeeboi: 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
Nigeria
I remember paying 1500naira during my time and when armed robbers attacked it was still the students who had 2 fight for their own lives and that of the staff....

1 Like

Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by Montaque(m): 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
Good initiative,but the premium shouldn't have been paid outside the school fees. They should source it from the school fees already being paid.

1 Like

Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by Mentcee(m): 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
4 all of u routing 4d coup plotting, semi illiterate, vengeanc laden, double faced, terrorist Pa Buhari, pls ask urself; assuming younger brother or sister was killed in '11 elections, would u stil support d same mastermind of d murder, Pa Bokohhari?
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by samplegirl(f): 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
LRNZH:
The clandestine scheme to profiteer Jimoh Ibrahim by PDP has met a brickwall.

High level Corruption! When will thou leave us Nigerians?

Any negative news is PDP but when EBOLA was fought to a standstill under PDP government the glory went to Fashola.

My question is UNA NO DEY TAYA TO MESS UNA SELF UP?

Even some founding members of PDP who are now in APC are talking too.

Hmmmmmmmm!
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by iPhone6(m): 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
Corruption, corruption, all criminals
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by EvilSirit: 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
Many new year surprise package
-increase in fuel pump price
- 70% duty on all imported cars
- #5000 insurance levy
- still counting

Jona i hail!!!
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by LRNZH(m): 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
samplegirl:

Any negative news is PDP but when EBOLA was fought to a standstill under PDP government the glory went to Fashola.

Hmmmmmmmm!

In other words, you are in full support of the annual N5,000 levy on Unity schools students, by NICON with Jimoh Ibrahim at its head.

This is wrong on so many levels. Just rewind back the thread and read the various comments. You'll get some good education.

1 Like

Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
PDP and Jimoh Ibrahim should keep looking for ways to eat from the masses they have only 2 months left until Mohammed Buhari takes over. He will reverse this policy and jail Jimoh Ibrahim for the N35 billion aviation intervention fund he embezzled.
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by baybeeboi: 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
seangy4konji:
Better. I heard it on radio. So is unity school students the only ones that needs insurance?most of this government workers have their students in unity school and who owns the insurance companies?

They do not have the love of common citizens at heart that's even why chibok girls are still missing by and they are all concerned about unity schools?so all those is fggc schools are not students?primary shool students are my human beings

God will save Nigeria from this heartless people.

FGGC----Federal Government Girls College is a unity school
The insurance scheme is supoze 2 be a good project if there can use the money for what it is meant for.
And it is also the duty of the states and private sector 2 adopt the project and provide maximum security for the students...
Federal Government dont have 2 do it all
Remember during the Ebola outbreak,some private schools had to hire Medical doctors to carry out test on their students.believe me,it was not because there really wanted to do it but because since the federal Govt had ordered that all schools be shut down indefinitely,there were not goin to be shut down when there should be making money from the students.
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by Boss13: 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
This is a useless and wicked scheme from yet a wicked and clueless administration. They have always been passed the buck to the populace. Basic education (Primary and Secondary) is free in many countries even in Africa countries. We have the reverse in this country and the quality of education is next to rubbish. How do you encourage young poor girls in rural villages in the north to go to school whose parents cannot afford this N5000 to protect their children or care less about the education of their female children.

Education is a powerful tool and is used to bridge the gap between the poor and the rich. This administration continues to roll out policies to widen the gap between the poor and the rich rather than close it up. A good government should be developing educational schemes that is accessible to all and making education free, not adding extra cost to an already bad educational system.

Wicked GEJ

1 Like

Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by baybeeboi: 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
samplegirl:

Hmmmmmmmm!

like seriously,i wonder if we ''the youths'' are really the leaders of tomorrow nd if we are,i wonder what leadership we will present..we hav completely let our emotions cloud our observations,judgement and conclusions....
Well,the leaders are not helpin either...
What will you expect when someone who is happens to be a leader ''in his own category'' will come up and say The federal Government did not Fight Ebola but the state in the name of opposition...
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by liveyourlife: 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
ok
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by liveyourlife: 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
ok

Close with this:
“The job of a teacher is not to deliver information. It is to guide the
social process of learning. The job of a teacher is to inspire, to
challenge, to excite their students to want to learn.” - Join us. Get on [url=http://][/url]
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by samplegirl(f): 8:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
LRNZH:

In other words, you are in full support of the annual N5,000 levy on Unity schools students, by NICON with Jimoh Ibrahim at its head.

This is wrong on so many levels. Just rewind back the thread and read the various comments. You'll get some good education.

No you got me wrong! The exercise is criminal in it's entirety but I thought you will get my message when I said that even founding memmbers of PDP are now in APC accusing PDP of being the problem in this country. But to me there is no political party so to say. What we have is politicians moving from one platform to the other and that is why I say why is it that we attribute anything nagetive to PDP that does not exist.

A member of my church has a daughter who got admission into one of the unity schools. But the school she chose was Ijaninkin while they posted her to Odogbolu. The father on getting to Odogbolu was asked to pay N200,000 without receipt. He made contacts and he was directed to one staff.(WOMAN) The woman told him that that has been their norm and when he sought to know why he was being treated like that way he was told that ''BECUASE HIS DAUGHTER DID NOT CHOOSE THEIR SCHOOL AS FIRST CHOICE'' Now tell me the crime in not choosing a particular school as first choice. Yet such people will come here to condemn Goodluck.

What a people! What a hypocritic bunch!
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by bigmo1(m): 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
Iamsynord:
How much for this space.
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by bigmo1(m): 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
Iamsynord:
How much for this space?
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
samplegirl:

No you got me wrong! The exercise is criminal in it's entirety but I thought you will get my message when I said that even founding memmbers of PDP are now in APC accusing PDP of being the problem in this country. But to me there is no political party so to say. What we have is politicians moving from one platform to the other and that is why I say why is it that we attribute anything nagetive to PDP that does not exist.

A member of my church has a daughter who got admission into one of the unity schools. But the school she chose was Ijaninkin while they posted her to Odogbolu. The father on getting to Odogbolu was asked to pay N200,000 without receipt. He made contacts and he was directed to one staff.(WOMAN) The woman told him that that has been their norm and when he sought to know why he was being treated like that way he was told that ''BECUASE HIS DAUGHTER DID NOT CHOOSE THEIR SCHOOL AS FIRST CHOICE'' Now tell me the crime in not choosing a particular school as first choice. Yet such people will come here to condemn Goodluck.

I appreciate your objectivity in this post,while I agree with you the politicians in PDP and APC are the same,becuase many politicians in APC came from PDP. APC is still the better choice,Buhari has a better track record of not condoning corruption,he arrested 4000 politicians when he took over in 1983 for cases of corruption and out of that number charged 500. Read this article from New York Times in 1984
http://www.nytimes.com/1984/01/10/world/4000-ex-officials-surrender-in-nigeria.html
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by iyatrustee(f): 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
Went to pay my daughters fees today to avoid the rush that accompanies checking in on resumption days.

To my amazement, we were compelled to pay or we were not to be attended to.
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by LRNZH(m): 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
samplegirl:

Ok I get your message but it was cryptic from your earlier post.

Look on Valentine's Day in 2015 you get the option to

1. continue with the status quo- lack of stable electricity, non existent local refining capacity, gross misappropriation of funds and shameful insecurity; or
2. chose a different vision and literally throw the dice with Nigeria again.

Be pragmatic. Discarding both parties is not a viable option. Infact abstaining from voting is passively accepting option No.1

1 Like

Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
iyatrustee:
Went to pay my daughters fees today to avoid the rush that accompanies checking in on resumption days.

It is really unfortunate parents are being compelled to pay this levy,Goodluck Jonathan should know he has lost most of the votes of Nigerian parents through this i'll conceived action,that was done to enrich Jimoh Ibrahim.
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by LRNZH(m): 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
iyatrustee:

So you paid extra 5k Naira for your daughter? shocked shocked shocked

I'm waiting to scream
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by tit(f): 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
this jimoh ibrahim should be in jail
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
tit:
this jimoh ibrahim should be in jail
No one has gone to jail under 6 years of Goodluck Jonathan and no one ever will as long as he remains in power. Remember "stealing is not corruption"

2 Likes

Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Buhari till d clueless kleptos confesses that-STEALING IS CORRUPTION!
Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by BABANGBALI: 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
seges:
This only benefits Jimoh Ibrahim and does'nt benefit parents.I'm sure this is a form of paying him back for donating to Goodluck Jonathan campaign.Can someone please name another country in the world where children are charged for a life insurance policy in public schools?This goverment is beyond clueless and corrupt,NICON presented this to the goverment and they decided to make it a policy,Goodluck Jonathan should tell us how it benefits Nigerian parents some of whom he owes 3 months salary.
On another note why is Jimoh Ibrahim not in jail,he collected N35.5 billion naira from Stella Oduah aviation intervention fund for distressed airlines and diverted it to his other businesses and liquidated Nicon Airways,this is plain fraud.This is the stealing that Goodluck Jonathan has allowed to prosper.
I trillion likes for you

1 Like

Re: Parents Reject N5000 Insurance Levy For Pupils In Unity Schools by otokx(m): 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
iyatrustee:

If you have a voters card then do the necessary.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Admission into Houdegbe North America University 2016/2017 / Tansian University, Umunya, Anambra State On Top! / Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.